When you’re shifting from breastfeeding to more solid food, a high chair becomes essential to make sure that your baby is seated upright. Starting from the age of six months, all the way up until they are at least three years old, your baby will require a high chair, and what better option than to consider the best foldable high chairs from trusted brands. They offer convenience, safety, and durability and go a long way in helping your child enjoy their meal-time.
Some of these high-chairs are also lightweight and portable, so you can use them both indoors or even take them out with you. We’ve rounded up a list of some tried-and-tested foldable high chairs trusted by moms and dads for you to pick from.
9 Best Foldable High Chairs
Feeding your baby or encouraging self-feeding can be a tricky task, but with the Infans high chair For Babies and Toddlers, the whole process can get a lot easier. The easy-to-install high chair is designed with high-quality materials and has a stable pyramid structure, making it a trusted choice of parents.
With seven levels of height adjustability, this mom-approved high chair grows with your child. It’s also easy to clean and has a five-point safety belt along with smooth edges on the tray to ensure safety.
- Removable PP top tray
- Three length-adjustable footrest
- Backrest with five adjustment angles
- PU leather cushioned
- Attaching and detaching the tray could be tedious
- Some may find it bulky
"The option to adjust its height and reclining angle has been excellent for keeping my little one comfortable during mealtimes. Its folding mechanism may feel a bit tricky, but that is just a minor hiccup given its numerous features, such as a removable tray and easy maintenance."
The Graco Slim Snacker high chair is a tried-and-tested choice for parents looking for a modern, all-in-one high chair for their growing baby. Featuring a slim, space-saving, and modern design, it has garnered positive reviews for easily fitting into even the smallest spaces and its ability to be folded with one hand. It has seven adjustable height positions and three recline positions, allowing it to accommodate your child as they grow.
The removable tray can be adjusted in four different positions, so your baby can always be at the perfect height to access the tray. Be assured that your baby will feel comfortable in this mom-approved high chair with a three-position recline feature.
- Storage basket underneath
- Wipeable seat pad
- Multiple seating positions
- Self-standing fold
- Tray features a cup holder
- Not suitable for newborns
- Footrest may not be accessible for tiny legs
You’ll want to check out the mommy-approved Veyoo Portable Baby High Chair that comes in handy when you’re on a trip or frequently traveling because it is ideal for indoor and outdoor use. It has a fast-fold design and can be set up and disassembled in minutes. The baby- friendly foldable high chair has an easy clean-up design that makes your baby’s mealtime a relaxing experience.
- Has a five-point safety belt
- Comes with a storage bag
- Includes a removable tray insert
- Five-level adjustable tray makes it growth-friendly
- Circular feet design for stability
- Washable seat cover
- Tray may be cumbersome to mount for some
- Some may find the straps short
- Some may not find the chair to be proportionally sized
"Its compact size and foldable body have allowed me to use it indoors and outdoors. I would have liked the tray to be more secure, but despite that, this reliable chair has been growing well with my child."
Infans High Chair For Babies And Toddlers
Graco Slim Snacker High Chair
Best One-Hand Folding
Veyoo Portable Baby High Chair
|21.26 x 29.53 x 41.34 inches.
|24 x 35.5 x 40.8 inches
|21 x 22 x 35 inches.
There’s nothing better than a high chair design that grows with your baby, and the tried-and-tested Infans Baby High Chair does just that! This high chair has seven height adjustment options and a three-way footrest position with a multifunctional adjustment feature. The mom-approved toddler chair also has a detachable and breathable cushion with a four-position seat recline, which lets you adjust it conveniently for excellent positioning, so your baby can relax and take a post-lunch nap. The stable and safe support is backed by solid steel legs and in-built rear pulleys for easy navigation.
- Removable double trays
- Fixed safety barrier
- Includes a detachable storage basket
- Free-standing fold
- Has a five-point safety harness
- Breathable PU cushion
- Pyramid-design for stability
- Wheels may not lock
- Food tray may seem high for some toddlers
- Some may not find the straps firm enough
"Its comfortable seat and large tray have made baby-led weaning a hassle-free affair. While I would have liked the wheels to be lockable, they still make portability easy. Plus, the shoulder straps and footrests are nice add-ons."
With four depth adjustments, the tried-and-tested Joovy Nook High Chair is a great choice for parents looking for a durable chair that lasts as the child progresses to preschool. Free of BPA, phthalates, BPS, and lead, the chair is designed and tested to be safe for your child. Further, the five-point harness keeps your child safely seated as they move on the high chair. Once your child is done with their mealtime, you can simply fold it flat and store it away until you next use it.
- Minimalistic design
- One-handed tray opening
- Swing-open tray
- Versatile use
- Dishwasher-safe tray inserts
- Easy-to-clean leatherette seat
- Available in several colors
- Back is not adjustable
- Plastic tray cover may be prone to scratches
"The first thing that appealed to me was its foldable design and an aesthetically pleasing build. While the absence of a cup holder is disappointing, its suitability across developmental stages has made it the preferred everyday chair."
If you often go for road trips with family, Primo’s PopUp Folding High Chair could be an excellent choice for that. This compact and portable high chair cum booster seat is mom-approved and designed for convenient use in homes or on the go for children between ages six and 36 months. Fret not about your child’s comfort as they sit on the high chair, as it features a well-cushioned leatherette seat that can be easily cleaned in case of spills. The three-point harness keeps your child safely tethered to the seat as they move around. All it takes is a click of a button to fold this lightweight high chair.
- Removable top rack dishwasher-safe tray
- Comes fully assembled
- BPA-, phthalate-, and lead-free
- Easy to clean and maintain
- Safe and secure
- Limited adjustability
- Straps may loosen easily
The MyTime Adjustable High Chair Description has a design that grows with your child until they turn three years old. You can choose this ergonomic design with a reclining backrest and footrest to ensure that your little one is comfortable all the time.
With its four-position adjustable height, this baby-friendly high chair accommodates your growing baby and allows you to sit without straining during mealtime. This one also has a leatherette seat for convenient cleaning and a dishwasher-safe tray cover.
- Slim and collapsible
- Sturdy and durable construction
- Portable and extra compact
- Rear wheels for easy movement
- Dishwasher-safe tray
- BPA-, phthalate-, and lead-free
- May be hard to clean if food get stuck in crevices
- Food may easily stick on to the plastic
Hey fashionable mommy, this one’s for you! The AM : PM Leopard Fitrovia High Chair is from the range of fashion-led baby high chairs that feature a leopard pattern. It comes in a minimalistic design with a black frame and is easy to use and keep clean.
The sleek chair, trusted by moms and dads, has a two-part dishwasher-safe removable tray insert that you can clip on the chair’s back and detach after mealtime. The easy-fold design makes this chair easy to carry or store after it has been used and stands freely when folded, so you can go about your day without worrying about the chair.
- Three-position recline
- Comes with six height settings
- Has an extra-padded comfy seat
- Free standing when folded
- Stylish design
- Five-point harness for safety
- Food tray may not be easy to slide
- Plastic may not seem durable to some
"This high chair strikes the perfect balance of style and functionality. While its cleanability is a big plus, I did notice some color transfer issues during a rigorous cleaning session. However, its easy-fold design and convenient tray compensate for that minor issue."
The compact and lightweight high chair by Cosco is designed for ease of use and storage. It features a simple quick-fold design that allows for quick and easy folding and storage, making it an ideal choice for families short on space.
The tried-and-tested high chair stands on its own upon folding without needing any support. Featuring a removable tray, it is your child’s much-needed mealtime companion. Further, the three-point harness and the comfortable seat ensure your child is seated safely as they enjoy their meal.
- Easy to set up
- Easy-wipe seat
- Tray includes a built-in cup holder
- Reinforced legs for stability
- Soft and durable fabric
- Limited adjustability for the seat and tray
- May not recline
How To Choose The Right Foldable High Chair?
Keep these tips in mind when choosing a folding high chair.
- Space taken: While looking for the right foldable high chair for your baby, you will also want to consider its size and how much space it will occupy. Ideally, the best high chairs are compact and portable, so that they can be stored away easily after use. You can look for options that are slim, collapsible, and maybe even ones that come with a storage bag so you can put it away easily.
- Durability: The best foldable high chairs offer durability and are often made of materials that last longer. Remember to invest in a high chair that can grow with your baby so that you can use it well as they are growing. Look for a chair that is suitable for babies up to the age of three years and has non-slip feet, so you can use them starting from feeding them, all the way until they are ready to self-feed.
- Maintenance: Feeding your baby can get messy, and what you really need is an easy cleaning method to ensure that maintaining the high chair is easy. Look for easy-to-clean leather-based covers because they can be either washed in the dishwasher, or cleaned with a sponge.
- Tray type: When you’re looking for a high-chair, the feeding tray that comes with it is what your baby will be using the most. So make sure you look for a tray that is removable and can be cleaned easily, either by running it under water or with a clean cloth. You can also look for adjustable, wide, and sturdy trays that will go a long way in helping you during the feeding process.
Gopa Bezboruah, an experienced parenting and travel blogger, says, “Always choose an adjustable high chair that grows with your child. Make the child sit on it to have their food often, and do not compromise on the quality of the product.”
Frequently Asked Questions
1. At what age can my child start using a folding high chair?
On average, most babies can use a high chair by the time they turn six months old (1).
2. What if my baby doesn’t like eating in their high chair?
Make sure they are actually hungry to build a positive association with the table in their minds. Also, try having a pre-meal routine—washing hands and wearing a bib—for a smooth transition from their favorite spot to the high chair.
3. What are the safety hazards of folding high chairs?
Here are the precautions to keep in mind while using a folding high chair (2):
• Make sure it’s sturdy to avoid tip overs
• Double check the locks every time
• Use the safety straps to prevent slipping accidents
• Never leave the child alone
Once your baby starts having solid food, sitting upright is extremely important in order to allow digestion and stay away from choking. Therefore, buying the best foldable high chairs can be quite helpful. They are comfortable and work well in introducing the concept of sitting and eating to your little one. These chairs don’t occupy much space and are easy to store. They are easy to maintain and come with different tray types to suit your preferences. However, two things you must consider before purchasing a foldable chair are its sturdiness and durability.
Infographic: Selection Tips For A Foldable High Chair
High chairs for toddlers allow them to join the family in mealtimes at the dinner table and keep them away from the floor when cleaning. A foldable one also allows you to carry the chair when traveling and for easy storage when not using. Look through the following infographic for some notable pointers to consider about foldable high chairs.
- Utensils And High Chairs: When Is Baby Ready?
- Quick High Chair Safety Tips: