The best food delivery bags can help maintain food temperature and keep food fresh while transporting it from one place to another. Restaurant operators use these insulated bags for delivering various food items, such as pizza, as they can control moisture and prevent foods from losing flavor and texture. Also, these bags come with vinyl or waterproof nylon exterior, keeping the food inside them safe during all seasons. So in case you plan to buy food delivery bags for personal use or business purpose, take a look at our list of tried-and-tested options to pick the one that meets your requirements.
13 Best Food Delivery Bags To Buy
You do not have to be in the food delivery business to use an insulated bag. Regular shoppers also need insulated shopping bags like this one when shopping for food. This bag comes in a set of two. The bag has a thick aluminum inner insulation that helps maintain the original temperature of the food items. It stands upright, making it easy to open and check for items in one glance. The bag measures 16x13x9in and takes a maximum load limit of 45lb.
- Reinforced handles for extra durability
- Collapsible design makes storage easy
- Loop hanger allows for convenient hanging of the bag
- Thick walls make the bag stand upright
- Dual zipper sliders make opening and closing of the bag easy
- EU food grade certified
- May not hold its shape properly
- Sides may lack stiffness
2. Best With Reinforced Bottom:Matein Insulated Food Delivery Bag
The Matein food delivery bag has a capacity of 68 liters and is the perfect solution for delivering hot or cold food. Measuring 23x14x15 inches, it can accommodate multiple food containers, drinks, and other essentials for a complete meal. Made from high-quality, waterproof polyester and three-layer aluminum insulation, the bag is designed to keep food at the desired temperature for hours.
- Comfortable long handle
- Double-zipper closure
- Easy to clean and maintain
- Removable reinforced hard bottom layer for heavy food
- Includes four cup holders
- Has four mesh pockets
- Lightweight and foldable design for easy storage
- Zippers may not be sturdy enough
With an aluminum foil inner lining, this food delivery bag maintains the food’s temperature for hours. The inner lining is easy to clean, and the leak-proof and waterproof design protects you from accidental spills. Further, its high-quality zipper functions smoothly without any snags. The bag measures 23.6x15x14.6in.
- Water- and odor-resistant
- Convenient carry handles
- Reinforced stitching for durable usage
- Suitable for food delivery as well as grocery shopping
- Simple, sleek design
- Lining may flake off eventually
- May not withstand extensive sun exposure
4. Best Insulated: Homemell Large Insulated Grocery Bags
The insulated bag by Homemell is a versatile solution for transporting hot or cold food items. Measuring 17x13x13 inches, the multi-compartment delivery bag is spacious enough to fit several food containers, drinks, and other essentials. With a high-quality polyester exterior and food-grade PEVA insulation lining, this bag can keep drinks and food at the desired temperature for hours. Moreover, its built-in drink holders, and soft and foldable material make it an ideal choice for personal and professional use.
- Features reinforced padded handles
- Water- and odor-resistant material
- Easy to clean
- May not have a stable base
- May not be machine washable
5. Best Machine Washable: Creative Green Life XL Insulated Reusable Grocery Bag
Creative Green Life’s extra-large grocery bag features a removable rigid bottom insert, a 150 GSM fabric body, and aluminum-coated interiors to hold all your groceries safely yet stylishly. Measuring 16.14 x 12.99 x 2.36 inches and sporting 12-inch handles, the bag is large enough to hold all your grocery shopping. Moreover, its foam-based insulation allows you to keep drinks, meat, and dairy at a desired temperature for a long time.
- Folds flat
- Features a spill-proof body
- Has a stable base
- Machine washable
- Some might find the insulation insufficient
- Might have a peculiar smell when new
With a thick layer of insulation, this pair of commercial delivery bags are best used for food delivery by service providers. It is designed for food containers used by restaurants and catering services. It is easy to carry and is resistant to spills and leaks. The interior and exterior are both water-resistant and extremely easy to clean. It measures 22x10x10in.
- Sturdy zipper
- Offers a wide storage space
- Fits easily in a car or on a bike
- Suitable for commercial use
- Foldable design
- Zippers may not be easy to use
Made of premium-quality 1680D polyester, this makes a great delivery bag for hot food supply. It offers a large capacity to carry food items. You need not worry about the delivery person being sloppy during the delivery, as its inner aluminum foil lining and polyester outer are waterproof and resistant to spills and can be cleaned with just a damp cloth.
- Padded carry handle
- No-snag design
- YKK zippers with zipper pulls
- Clear window for food identification
- Measures 23x14x15in
- Food may not stay hot for more than two hours
- Material may not be thick enough
The thermal food bag by Homevative comes with a high-quality nylon exterior that makes it resistant to water and spills. With sturdy zippers stitched with expertise, the bag closes fully, and the food quality remains intact when kept in the bag for hours. It measures 22x14x13 inches.
- Sturdy design to carry heavy items
- Double hand-stitched zippers
- Clear window for food labeling
- Suitable for food delivery service providers, such as Grubhub and DoorDash
- Bottom may not be sturdy enough
- Insulation may be thinner than expected
This bag comes with reinforced handles, which wrap around the bottom, so your food is doubly safe. Available in a set of two or three bags, it offers a large capacity to hold items weighing up to 30lb. Its aluminum-covered thermal insulation ensures optimum preservation of food. The bag measures 15.8×8.7×13 inches.
- Made of premium non-woven recycled fabric
- Dual zippers for flap top
- Folds flat for easy storage
- Eco-friendly design
- Some may find the bag soft
- Exterior might shed in some cases
Boasting a one-piece interior construction, this is both a leak-proof and waterproof food bag. It comes with a sturdy polyester exterior. The reinforced stitching throughout the bag makes it durable. This reusable delivery bag measures 18x12x10 inches and is ideal for storing hot and cold foods.
- Thick insulation
- Side window for food labeling
- Reinforced handles with padding
- Durable zippers
- Some may find it a little too soft
- May be smaller than expected
Here is an insulated food delivery backpack for those delivering food on a bicycle or motorbike. It has high-quality polyester exterior and YKK zippers for smooth and snag-free opening and closing of the bag. It comes with two side pockets that hold a bottle on each side. The portable food carrier bag measures 16x10x10in.
- Clear window on the top flaps for food labeling
- Large space to carry maximum food items
- Adjustable back straps for convenient usage
- Water-resistant interior and exterior
- Drink slots may be smaller than expected
- Inseams may come apart
The insulated food bag keeps food fresh enough for steam to come off when boxes are opened. Its large storage space allows you to carry loads of food items, while its reinforced bottom ensures safe delivery. It comes with padded handles, so carrying a heavy load becomes a little more comfortable. It measures 23x15x14in.
- Premium aluminum inner lining with insulated foam
- Waterproof exterior and leak-proof interior
- 600D polyester lining on the exterior
- Transparent pocket for food labeling
- Folds flat for easy storage
- Does not have shoulder straps
- May not retain shape properly
With double-walled thick insulation, this food delivery bag can keep food hot or cold for hours while retaining its freshness. The tried-and-tested 600 denier outer fabric makes the bag sturdy and durable for regular use. It has a large capacity to hold lots of food items. The bag is an ideal choice for food catering service providers. It measures 22x11x14in.
- Can easily hold full-sized steam table pans
- Durable material and design
- High-quality insulated lining
- Clear receipt window on the flap for labeling
- Strap may not be sturdy enough
- Seams may come apart after extended use
How To Choose The Right Food Delivery Bag?
Food insulation bags are extremely important for a food delivery business. The following are some key features that you can look for in your food delivery bag.
- Bag interior: A nylon interior is water-resistant and offers good breathability to prevent food from losing flavor and texture or getting soggy. PVC interior is leak-proof and easy to clean; however, it tends to trap steam, which can make the food soggy.
- Exterior insulation: Insulated food bags usually come with an exterior made of nylon or vinyl. Nylon insulation is an expensive option as it keeps the food warm without trapping the steam in the bag. This helps prevent the food from getting soggy.
Bags with a vinyl exterior are relatively cheaper but tend to trap moisture that can affect food quality. Such bags are better used for food delivery over short distances.
- Bag closures: Insulated delivery bags come with a variety of closure options such a zipper closure, hook-and-loop closure, and buckle closure. Zipper closure is the most widely used option. Also, certain bags offer a combination of some or all of these closures.
- Loading: Food delivery bags come with top loading and end loading. Top loading is most suitable for stacked items such as deli trays and food pans. With end loading, food is loaded into the bag from the front and can easily hold anything, Hence, such bags can be used as pizza delivery bags, grocery delivery bags, or simple takeout bags.
- Additional features: You can also check for additional features such as a transparent window for food labeling, reinforced handles for better durability, and wrist or shoulder straps for convenient carrying.
Why Trust MomJunction?
As a kitchen product aficionado, our writer and reviewer Sakshi John has considered and mentioned the vital factors you need to consider if you are looking for some of the best food delivery bags. Most of these products include reinforced handles for strength and collapsible designs. Since the insulation of a bag decides the quality of the foods, these bags are made of good quality nylon that serves the same purpose. She has also skimmed through many customer reviews to select these bags and included a buyer’s guide to help you choose the right one.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. What size bag is best for food delivery?
A 10 x 10-inch backpack-style delivery bag is sufficient for personal use, while a 23 x 14-inch one is ideal for delivering food items in bulk, including pizzas.
2. Do food delivery bags work?
Most food delivery bags come with a thick and high-quality aluminum or insulation inner lining, which traps and maintains the temperature of the food—hot or cold—for a substantial amount of time.
3. What materials are used to make food delivery bags?
A typical food delivery bag has thick, sometimes double-layered, leakproof, and odor-resistant thermal insulation in the interiors that maintains the food’s temperature. High-quality water-resistant 600D polyester, nylon, or vinyl is used on the exterior to keep water and dust from entering the bag and food.
4. Are delivery bags safe for food?
Since no part of the bag comes in direct contact with the food, delivery bags are safe per se. However, not cleaning and drying them regularly and appropriately can lead to germ buildup. Make sure to consume or refrigerate cooked food within two hours or one hour (if the temperature outside is above 90℉) of delivery (1).
5. Are food delivery bags machine washable?
Most food delivery bags can be wiped with a damp cloth. Using a washing machine can spoil and tear the insulation lining. However, the cleaning instructions may differ from model to model. Go through the product details furnished by the manufacturer for a better understanding.
6. How long do insulated bags keep food hot or cold?
An average insulated bag can maintain the food temperature for around one to two hours, while a large bag can keep food warm for up to three hours.
7. Do insulated food bags need to be refrigerated?
Insulated food bags do not need to be refrigerated. If your food is likely to get spoilt quickly, you can take it out from the bag and place it in the refrigerator. Before consuming it, you can warm it in a microwave to eat it hot.
The best food delivery bags help maintain the temperature of your food items while you transport them from one place to another. These bags come with several compartments for carrying various food items. It is necessary to look for expert-recommended bags made of quality fabric and those with well-padded straps and quality zippers so you can carry the food comfortably. Also, ensure it comes with quality insulation and is waterproof and odor-proof. The best ones are also lightweight and easy to fold and store.
- Food Delivery Safety:
- Best Lunch Coolers To Keep Your Meal Fresh
- Best Salad Containers
- Best Beeswax Wraps For Food Storage
- Best Glass Food Storage Containers For Fridge