Food delivery bags are mostly insulated bags that help maintain the temperature of the food placed in them. When transporting food from one place to another, an insulated bag helps ensure that the freshness of the food remains intact.
Restaurant operators and food or pizza delivery services mostly use a thermal bag to deliver food, as it controls moisture and prevents food from getting soggy. These bags come with waterproof nylon or vinyl exteriors so that the food can be delivered safely in any weather.
Given below are some of the most popular and best food delivery bags to buy in 2020. Have a look to see if you can find one that meets your needs.
13 Best Food Delivery Bags To Buy
You do not have to be in the food delivery business to use an insulated bag. Regular shoppers also need insulated shopping bags like this one when shopping for food. A package of two bags, it comes with thick aluminum inner insulation that helps maintain the original temperature of the food items. This tote bag stands upright, making it easy to open and check for items in one glance.
- Reinforced handles for extra durability
- Collapsible design makes storage easy
- Loop hanger allows for convenient hanging of the bag
- Thick walls make the bag stand upright
- Dual zipper sliders make opening and closing of the bag easy
- Measures 16”L x 13”H x 9”W and takes a maximum load limit of 45lb
A pack of two bags, it can be used for storing or carrying both hot and cold food items. This reusable food-carrying bag can make an ideal picnic bag. It is lightweight and easily foldable when not in use. Its large size allows you to store loads of items in it. When empty, it folds flat so that you can store it easily.
- Easy to clean
- Zipper closer keeps food items intact
- Available in two colors
- Measures 16”Lx12”Hx10”W and takes a maximum load limit of 25lb
With aluminum foil inner lining, this food delivery bag maintains the food’s temperature for hours. The inner lining is easy to clean. Its high-quality zipper functions smoothly without any snags, the leakproof and waterproof design does not let accidental spills, and it is easy to wipe clean.
- Water- and odor-resistant
- Convenient carry handles
- Reinforced stitching for durable usage
- Suitable for food delivery as well as grocery shopping
- Simple, sleek design
- Measures 23.6”Lx15”Hx14.6”W
This food delivery bag is designed to cater to the needs of food delivery personnel. It can easily accommodate full-size steam table pans. The top-loading design features a sturdy zipper that opens and closes quickly, so loading and removing items is quick and easy. Its aluminum interior can preserve the food’s temperature, while the polyester exterior ensures that water and dirt are kept at bay.
- Retains cold and heat
- Durable build can withstand frequent usage
- Thick but pliable inner structure
- Two-layer foam insulation
- Measures 21.5″Lx12.5″Wx11″H
Looking for an affordable bag with thermal insulation? This insulated bag might interest you. The internal aluminum foil insulation works to preserve heat or cold. Its reinforced stitching ensures that the bag takes on the heaviest of loads without tearing apart. Its good-quality zippers are designed to last long.
- Easy to fold and store
- Top lid full closure
- Ideal for picnics, holidays, parties, and more
- Measures 16”Lx10”Wx12”H,
With a thick layer of insulation, this pair of food delivery bags is best used for food delivery service providers such as Uber Eats and DoorDash. Its design is suited for food containers used by restaurants and catering services. It is easy to carry and is resistant to spills and leaks. The interior and exterior are both water-resistant and extremely easy to clean.
- Sturdy zipper
- Offers a wide storage space
- Fits easily in a car or on a bike
- Suitable for commercial use
- Measures 22″Lx10″Wx10″H
Made of premium-quality 1680D polyester, this makes a great delivery bag for hot food supply. It offers a large capacity to carry food items. You need not worry about the delivery person being sloppy during the delivery, as its inner aluminum foil lining and polyester outer are waterproof and resistant to spills and can be cleaned with just a damp cloth.
- Padded carry handle
- No-snag design YKK zippers with zipper pulls
- Zippers come with zipper pulls
- Clear window for food identification
- Measures 23”Lx14”Wx15”H
This food delivery and grocery bag comes with a high-quality nylon exterior that makes it resistant to water and spills. Its zippers are stitched with a lot of expertise to ensure that the bag closes perfectly, and the food quality remains intact when kept in the bag for hours. Additionally, the brand offers a lifetime replacement warranty.
- Sturdy design to carry heavy items
- Double hand-stitched zippers
- Clear window for food labeling
- Suitable for food delivery service providers, such as Grubhub and DoorDash
- Measures 22″L x 14″Wx 13″H
This brand clearly believes in durability, which is why the bag comes with reinforced handles, which wrap around the bottom, so your food is doubly safe. Available in a set of two or three bags, it offers a large capacity to hold items weighing up to 30lb. Its aluminum-covered thermal insulation ensures optimum preservation of food.
- Made of premium quality non-woven recycled fabric
- Dual zippers for flap top
- Folds flat for easy storage
- Eco-friendly design
- Measures 15.8″Wx8.7″Wx13”H
Boasting of a one-piece interior construction, this delivery bag is waterproof and leakproof. It comes with a sturdy polyester exterior. The reinforced stitching throughout the bag makes it highly durable. It is reusable and can be used for holding both hot and cold foods.
- Thick insulation
- Side window for food labeling
- Reinforced handles with padding
- Durable zippers
- Measures 18″Lx12″W x10″H
Here is an insulated food delivery backpack that is the best bet for those delivering food on a bicycle or a motorbike. The sturdy exterior is made of high-quality polyester, and the YKK zippers allow smooth and snag-free opening and closing of the bag. It comes with two side pockets that hold a bottle on each side.
- Clear window on the top flaps for food labeling
- Large space to carry maximum food items
- Adjustable back straps for convenient usage
- Water-resistant interior and exterior
- Measures 16”Lx10”Wx10”H
This insulated food bag assures to keep food fresh enough for steam to come off when boxes are opened. Its large storage space allows you to carry loads of food items, while its reinforced bottom ensures safe delivery. It comes with padded handles, so carrying a heavy load becomes a little more comfortable.
- Premium aluminum inner lining with insulated foam
- Waterproof exterior and leakproof interior
- 600D polyester lining on the exterior
- Transparent pocket for food labeling
- Folds flats for easy storage
- Measures 23″Lx15″Wx14″H
With double-walled thick insulation, this food delivery bag can keep food hot or cold for hours while retaining its freshness. The 600 denier outer fabric makes the bag sturdy and durable for regular use. It has a large capacity to hold lots of food items. It is an ideal choice for food catering service providers.
- Can easily hold full-sized steam table pans
- Durable material and design
- High-quality insulated lining
- Clear receipt window on the flap for labeling
- Measures 22″Lx11″Wx14″H
How To Choose The Right Food Delivery Bag?
Food insulation bags are extremely important for a food delivery business. The following are some key features that you can look for in your food delivery bag.
- Bag interior: A nylon interior is water-resistant and offers good breathability to prevent food from getting soggy. PVC interior is leak-proof and easy to clean; however, it tends to trap steam, which can make the food soggy.
- Exterior insulation: Insulated food bags usually come with an exterior made of nylon or vinyl. Nylon insulation is an expensive option as it keeps the food warm without trapping the steam in the bag. This helps prevent the food from getting soggy and yet remain hot.
- Bags with a vinyl exterior are relatively cheaper but tend to trap moisture that can affect food quality. Such bags are better used for food delivery over short distances.
- Bag closures: Insulated delivery bags come with a variety of closure options such a zipper closure, hook-and-loop closure, and buckle closure. Zipper closure is the most widely used option. Also, certain bags offer a combination of some or all of these closures.
- Loading: Food delivery bags come with top loading and end loading. Top loading is most suitable for stacked items such as deli trays and food pans. With end loading, food is loaded into the bag from the front and can easily hold anything, from a pizza box to deli trays.
- Additional features: You can also check for additional features such as a transparent window for food labeling, reinforced handles for better durability, and wrist or shoulder straps for convenient carrying.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. How long do insulated bags keep food hot or cold?
An average insulated bag can maintain the food temperature for around one to two hours, while a large bag can keep food warm for up to three hours.
2. Do insulated food bags need to be refrigerated?
Insulated food bags do not need to be refrigerated. If your food is likely to get spoilt quickly, you can take it out from the bag and place it in the refrigerator. Before consuming it, you can warm it in a microwave to eat it hot.
Insulated food delivery bags are extremely useful in preserving food for a long time. However, it is advisable not to leave food in an insulated bag for more than two hours as it can lead to the growth of bacteria. Select the delivery bag as per your budget and preference. The list above consists of different types of delivery bags. We hope it helps you make the best choice.