Food processors are essential kitchen appliances that save your time and effort in the kitchen and enable you to chop, mix, slice, and juice ingredients in a few seconds. Investing in the best food processor can be a wise decision as it makes your cooking experience smooth, enjoyable, and efficient.
To help you make the right choice, we list some of the best food processors in this post. Before you get to the list, check out the types of food processors available.
Types Of Food Processors
There are different types of food processors for varied needs. Figure out what you need, and then decide.
- Manual processor or hand-operated processor is the most basic type. It is small, doesn’t require electricity, and needs little space in the kitchen. From chopping to slicing and juicing, it can perform various kitchen chores with ease.
- Mini food processor is a small-sized processor to help you with the daily chores of chopping and slicing. It works on electricity and is best suited for small families.
- Full-sized processors are smart and relatively big appliances. They have a capacity of seven to eight cups and are expensive yet highly durable than the other types.
11 Best Food Processors To Buy
Powered with an 800w motor, the Inalsa food processor can make your processing more efficient. It has more than 50 functions to help you chop, shred, emulsify, knead, and much more. The processor has high-quality, stainless steel jars to give you a power-packed performance. Its main bowl has a 1.4l capacity, ideal for a big family. You get a two-speed setting to choose from.
- Premium quality and long-lasting
- BPA-free, break-resistant, and multipurpose jars
- Blender and dry grinding jar included
- Powerful motor with anti-skid feet
- Whisker, spatula, cutter holder, and blade included
- Jars may leak or be prone to cracks
- Switch knob may loosen with time
The Bosch processor has dishwasher-safe accessories and works on an 800w motor with 20 to 240v operating voltage. It has various accessories, including a plastic mixing bowl, plastic blender attachment, reversible shredding disc, beating disc, reversible slicing disc, universal knife, universal shredder, accessory carrier, and plastic dough tool. The processor has more than 50 functions to cut, chop, grate, grind, and knead the dough.
- Rubber suction feet to prevent slipping
- Easy to clean and use
- Cable storage compartment
- Multifunctional and durable
- Multilevel six knives with three double blades
- Nut chopper may stop working after a few days
The Bajaj food processor has a locking mechanism, offering hassle-free operation without leaking out the ingredients. It has an unbreakable polycarbonate bowl and liquidizing jar for the long-term experience. The mixer grinder has a three-speed control, a two-year warranty on the full product, and five years on the motor.
- Powerful kneading blade
- Sturdy 600w motor
- Made of high-quality stainless steel
- Additional pulse function for an extra boost to power
- In-built lock mechanism for safety
- Could be noisy
- Too many parts to handle
Usha’s food processor is crafted to perform 12 different applications and has a 100% copper motor. It works smoothly on a 1000w motor at 230v, with a frequency of 50hz. You get both citrus and centrifugal juicing attachment with overload protection for motor safety. It comes with three impact-resistant jars and a processing bowl for added convenience.
- In-built storage drawer for blades and discs
- Premium black finish
- Dough kneading jar included
- Easy to assemble accessories
- May get rough after some time
- Could be noisy
- Juicer attachment may not be smooth
The compact food processor comes with a blender and a churning jar. Preparing shakes, smoothies, mint chutney, or kneading the dough, you can make various dishes with this processor. It operates on power-chop technology, which lets you chop your vegetables with ease and finesse. You get different jars in the set that makes your kitchen work manageable, faster, and mess-free.
- Powerful 700w motor
- Compact design makes it easy to stack
- Two-speed settings and pulse for maximum control
- Dishwasher-safe parts
- Easy-to-assemble accessories
- Power base may not work efficiently
- Maybe prone to cracking
Kenwood’s processor has an extra fine grater with a two-year warranty. Its stainless steel metal body is dishwasher-safe, making cleaning easy and quick. The main bowl has a 21l capacity, and its mixer grinder has 12l. You get high-quality attachments, including a dough tool, citrus press, grating discs, whisk tool, and a knife blade in the set.
- Reversible thick and thin slicers for coarse and fine grating
- Speed control has a pulse function
- Works on 800w motor
- Modern and sleek design
- Not all parts are durable
- May not be multipurpose
The mini product is backed with a 400w copper motor, designed to last long. It comes with an unbreakable food processing bowl made of polycarbonate, with a capacity of 800ml. The processor is efficient in kneading dough, which requires a ratio of 1:2 of water and flour. Its sharp blades can chop your fruits and vegetables in just a few seconds.
- Suitable for multiple functions
- Two-speed setting and pulse control
- Anti-skid feet for stability
- Sharp and durable blades
- Ergonomic processing bowl
- Juice may spill out at times
- Slicing blade may not work perfectly
The food processor from Singer Foodista comes with citrus and centrifugal juicer in the package a two-year warranty on the product and a five-year warranty on the motor. It has 14 attachments, including a chopping blade, kneading blade, citrus juicer, coarse shredding, fruit filler, and much more. The versatile processor works on a 600w motor and makes your kitchen time hassle-free.
- Dry grinding jar included
- Premium-quality machine operates smoothly
- Efficient steel cutters and blades
- Ideal for chopping, slicing, and dough kneading
- Bowl may not be as strong as stated
- May not work efficiently after somedays
If you have a big family, then this food processor from Morphy Richards can be a good choice. It is versatile and designed to perform various functions such as chopping, grating, slicing, and mincing. It has 11 different attachments with six stainless steel blades and uniquely designed jars. You get several jars of different capacities, including a 3.2l capacity bowl, 2.3l liquidizing jar, one 1l grinding jar, and 0.5l chutney jar.
- 1000w powerful motor
- Quadro-flow technology for perfectly ground ingredients
- Two-year warranty
- Centrifugal mixer included
- Motor speed may slow down after a year
- Plastic body may not be durable
Suitable for grinding and mixing, the Havells processor is powered with an 800W motor and an operating voltage of 230V. Its accessories are made of 430-grade stainless steel, and it includes interchangeable disc attachments for mincing, chopping, and slicing. The processor can be used for a variety of purposes, making your kitchen tasks easier.
- Two-year warranty
- Multipurpose and durable
- Made of high-quality materials
- Two-speed control with pulse rotary switch knob
- Stainless steel jars with double ball bearing for long life
- Jars may leak after some time
- Could be noisy
From kneading dough to chopping vegetables and juicing fruits, the Wonderchef processor can be used for various chores. It is complemented with four unbreakable jars and a transparent body that lets you see the mixing and grinding of ingredients inside. The best part is that you get a recipe book by Sanjeev Kapoor free.
- Two-year warranty
- Simple and smooth functioning
- Designed in vibrant colors
- 400w fast and powerful motor
- Modern and sleek design
- Base of the processor may not be durable
- Could be flimsy and not sturdy
How To Choose The Right Food Processor?
Before you purchase a food processor, here are some factors that should be checked to make sure you’re picking the best one.
- Safety lock: One of the most useful features is a lock that saves you from food spills and mishaps. It lets your processor start only when the lid is properly closed and locked.
- Size and purpose: The size should depend on your usage and needs. If you are a small family of two or three, a mini processor can work fine for you. But if your kitchen chores include various tasks, then purchasing a smart processor, which can chop, grind, juice, and knead the dough, would be wise.
- Noise levels: A food processor is a noisy appliance, but some are less noisy than the others.
- Anti-skid: It an essential feature to be looked at. If your processor comes with an anti-skid setting, it won’t move and spill the food, making your task easier.
- Warranty: Prefer a processor with a minimum of one-year warranty to those without any. It helps you save the cost of your appliance maintenance.
- BPA-free: You must ensure that the plastic used to make the jar and bowl of your grinder is free from any toxic chemical. Try to buy a processor jar made of stainless steel.
- Dishwasher-friendly: This is yet another factor that you shouldn’t overlook. Pick a dishwasher- friendly processor as it can make cleaning easy.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Are a mixer and a food processor the same?
A food processor is generally used to cut down preparation time in the kitchen as it performs various tasks, including chopping, slicing, blending, mincing, and even kneading dough. On the other hand, a mixer can stir, whisk, and beat ingredients.
2. Can I grind my coffee beans with a processor?
Yes, you can grind your coffee beans in a processor.
3. Can I wash the processor in a dishwasher?
Some processors do come with dishwasher-friendly accessories. But some can’t be cleaned in a dishwasher and may require a handwash.
To sum up, don’t compromise with the quality of your products. An appliance must be bought, quantifying a list of factors. Examine all the factors mentioned above and purchase accordingly. Also, avoid cheap-quality plastic mixers as they may harm your health. Choose the one that’s both safe and durable.