As fun and thrilling as playing a game of football can be, being out on the field without protective gear comes with the risk of injuries, especially to the head and eyes. The best football visors, which are curved pieces of plastic attached to the player’s helmet, protect your eyes against injuries, keep grass or dirt from entering your eyes, and enhance your vision of the field. The best visors are also simple to install and help you see what lies ahead by keeping the fog away.
If you’ve been looking for a comfortable and easy-to-wear visor, these options are varied enough to help you find the ideal fit.
Our Top Picks
11 Best Football Visors
Are you on the hunt for a visor that cuts down on glare during a game? This dark, smoked, and stylish visor does an excellent job at it while also keeping you comfortable. Crafted with polycarbonate, the face shield comes with a universal fit and anti-scratch and anti-UV coating to enhance your visibility while not compromising on quality, durability, and ease of use. The football helmet visor is equipped with a two-clip system that makes it quicker for you to put it on and take it off. It is compatible with kids’ and adult-sized helmets and is thick and flexible enough to help improve your performance on the field.
- Prevents fogging
- Ideal for all weather conditions
- Approved for high school, CIF, and youth leagues
- Controls intensity of light
- Tint might not be dark enough
If you want to bring home the best football helmet face shield without spending too much money on one, this option from Elitetek is worth considering. It is designed to fit most helmets and comes in various colors. The polycarbonate visor is resistant to fog, scratches, and even heavy impact during the game, so you can protect your eyes while reducing the risk of injuries. In addition to a two-clip attachment system, the eyeshield offers a universal fit and is made of high-quality materials that can withstand tackling and brutal force without breaking.
- Extremely clear visor
- Easy attachment and removal
- Shields against UV rays
- Lightweight and flexible
- Might not fit extra-small helmets
Whether you are playing football in the scorching summer heat or under a heavy blanket of rain, this tinted visor from Barnett will protect your eyes in any weather condition without giving in. The football helmet visor is clear, durable, highly flexible, and also fog- and scratch-resistant to help you avoid any sudden falls or injuries. The UV coating helps protect your eyes and controls the intensity of light reaching you at any given moment, so you can focus on the game without hindrances whatsoever.
- Has a universal fit
- Made of strong, high-quality materials
- Easy to attach and remove
- Ideal for children and adults
- Might be prone to slight scuffing after extended use
For those who like their football visors tinted and efficient, this option can be a great fit. Designed with shatter-proof polycarbonate that can endure high-impact situations, the visor helps you see the field without obstacles or distortions. It blocks out 99% of the sun’s harmful rays and eliminates glare, thus keeping you alert during games and helping you become a better player. It fits a wide variety of adult-sized helmets and features a set of visor clips to make attachment easy.
- Fog- and scratch-resistant
- Controls intensity of light
- Lightweight and durable
- Improves field of vision
- Includes 12 different styles of visor stickers
- May not be compatible with small helmets
If you’re looking for a visor that is compatible with various helmets, including Schutt and the Riddell SpeedFlex, this one with a no-tab design is one of the best football visors you can consider. It has an anti-fog coating that helps you get a clear view of the field and optimize your performance every time. Moreover, the football helmet visor is scratch-resistant and easy to install.
- Customizable design
- Universal clip
- Comes with five sticker sheets
- Cuts down glare
- May not be easy to install and remove
Nike’s Gridiron eyeshield is one of the finest and most recommended youth football visors you can lay your hands on. The visor is crafted with heavy-duty polycarbonate material and equipped with lenses that use optic technology to help you see the field from any angle without distortions. The beveled edges do a fantastic job of keeping glare away, while the shock-absorbing hinges offer a generous amount of protection against impacts and force, making this an ideal option for adults and children.
- Easy to install and remove
- Lightweight and scratch-resistant
- Customizable decals
- Available in two colors
- Might be compatible with limited helmets
This football visor from Under Armour is highly recommended by players and parents alike due to its compatibility with helmets of various sizes. It is designed with a polycarbonate lens and patented NXT technology, and the visor features quick-release clips that allow you to install and remove it effortlessly. Not only is this face shield durable under different temperatures and weather conditions, but it is also lightweight and super-comfortable to wear for long periods.
- Fog- and scratch-resistant
- Tagless and stylish design
- Provides clear visibility
- Available in multiple colors
- Might not be suited for aggressive play
Bring your A-game to every football game with this stylish football helmet visor from Sleefs. It features a two-clip system that makes it easy for you to install and remove the visor—you can adjust it even in the middle of all the action. The visor is crafted with optical polycarbonate for increased endurance and comes with a microfiber pouch and a pair of universal clips to let you play your favorite sport right away.
- Extra-clear and durable
- Prevents glare and fogging
- Easy to wear and remove
- Available in three colors
- Slightly dark—may not be to everyone’s liking
Make glare and blind spots a problem of the past with this high-rated visor for football helmets. It is designed using polycarbonate that can withstand brute impact with ease and comes with coatings to prevent scratches and fog from building up. The two-clip system allows you to install and remove it quickly and effortlessly, so you don’t have to worry about wasting too much time or getting distracted while you play.
- Features patented Clear View lens
- Fits most helmets precisely
- Shatterproof and flexible
- Reduces risk of eye injuries
- Ideal for youth football teams
- Might be prone to scratches over time
Uniquely crafted with a strong, premium-quality, and patented synthetic material known as plutonite, this blue football visor from Oakley can help eliminate some risks out of playing football. In addition to eliminating vision distortion, the polycarbonate lenses also protect your eyes against UVA and UVB rays, thus enhancing your overall visibility. Coated with far-lens treatment, this visor is especially ideal for players who want to expand their line of sight and view the field from every angle. It has been injection-molded to create an ergonomic shape and offer comfort when you wear it for long hours.
- Optimizes peripheral vision
- High-definition optics
- Blocks harmful blue light
- Anti-fog and scratch-resistant
- Might be slightly time-consuming to install
This one-size-fits-all visor is a worthy addition to this list as it has been injection-molded with high-impact and durable polycarbonate and reinforced along the edges to keep it from breaking. You can focus on your strength and skill and not worry about cracking or chipping the visor when playing the sport. The football helmet visor offers a zero-distortion view from multiple angles and shields your eyes from dust and sunlight while giving you a comfortable fit.
- Optimizes clarity of vision
- Fits helmets of most major brands
- Lightweight and ergonomic design
- Ideal for adult-sized helmets
- Might be slightly tough to attach
How To Choose The Right Football Visor?
The following are some factors you should consider when picking the right football visor.
- Size: A well-fitting football visor is crucial for protecting your eyes throughout the game. When buying one, make sure the model is the right size for you and your helmet so that you can charge the field with a lot more confidence and a clearer line of sight.
- Lenses: Different visors for football helmets come with different levels of visibility. A good visor should let you see through your peripheral vision, help expand your line of sight, and allow you to perform better on the field.
- Purpose: Each of the visors on this list has unique features and benefits, so it’s important to know what you want out of the visor before buying one. Whether you wish to shield your eyes against the sun, enhance your vision of the field, or prevent injuries during the game, there is a right visor for every purpose.
Why Trust MomJunction?
Wedetso Chirhah, the author of this post, is passionate about all things related to sports and games. He has compiled this list of the best football visors after extensive research. He has also analyzed their features, benefits, and drawbacks to provide you with quality options. The ones he has handpicked for you are super-durable and functional as they help protect your eyes against sunlight, dust, fog, glare, and even opponents. When choosing a visor, consider essential factors such as the size, quality of materials, and type of lens.
Now that you know all about the best football visors available online, it’s time to assess your needs and pick the perfect one. The options listed here are built with high-quality materials and incredibly easy to attach to your helmet. When choosing one, make sure you consider all the crucial factors, such as the fit of the model and quality of lenses, so you can shield your eyes against sunlight, dust, or grass blades and enhance your line of vision. Whether you prefer a tinted or non-tinted visor, it becomes easier than ever to find the right option with all the different models highlighted on this list.
- Best Shoe Storage Boxes
- Best Basketball Shorts For Sports And Leisure Wear
- Best Ball Toys For Toddlers
- Best Soccer Balls For Playing And Training