There is no such thing as too much garlic, isn’t it? Whether you are a professional or a home cook, you use garlic on most days in one way or the other. Naturally, there will be an abundant amount of garlic at your disposal. But you have to bear this in mind— if the garlic is not stored properly, they can go bad pretty fast. You need the best garlic keepers to keep them healthy and retain their divine flavors.
Garlic plays a vital role in keeping us healthy as they boost our immune system. So, it is important that you store them properly and keep them fresh. Make that perfect addition to your kitchen by selecting one from our list of the 13 best garlic keepers. Read on to know what they all are.
13 Best Garlic Keepers
If you have never used a garlic keeper before, then this is where you get started. This gorgeous garlic keeper is made from ceramic stoneware that is elegant to touch and feel. It has an unglazed look and has garlic-shaped handles on each side. The non-porous nature of the pot grants a good amount of airflow to keep the garlic cool and dry for a long period of time. Liven up your dish with some fresh garlic taken out of this pot.
- It helps in eliminating moisture and odor.
- It has multiple vent holes at the bottom for optimal airflow.
- The ceramic lid protects the garlic from harsh lights.
Add an Italian touch to your kitchen with this garlic-shaped garlic keeper from Snips. The transparent bottom is made from 100% recyclable, high-grade plastic to extend the durability of the container. It has ventilation holes that keep the garlic fresh and prevents any stale odor. It is big enough to fit one large-size unbroken or few broken garlic.
- The container is dishwasher-friendly.
- The container measures 4.13 x 4.33 x 3.15 inches.
For the ones who love to collect stylish kitchen storage equipment, this one’s for you. The sophisticated and sleek design is sure to catch everyone’s attention. It is a 2-piece set made from white ceramic material and has the word “Garlic” embossed on the front. The jar helps in keeping the garlic fresh while adding a classy look to the kitchen.
- There are holes for ventilation at the base of the jar.
- It comes with a removable cork lid for easy access.
- It can hold upto 3-4 unbroken garlic with ease.
With nearly 50 years of experience in the industry, Norpro knows exactly what their users need. They are known for their high-quality kitchenware and are one of the most trusted brands by users. This garlic keeper is one such high-quality product that is sure to please you. This ceramic built garlic keeper is relatively small and has a glazed surface that keeps your favorite ingredient in an easy-to-access container.
- The jar measures 5 x 6 x 5 inches.
- It can accommodate 3-4 garlic heads.
- It can also be used to store ginger or shallots.
Using fresh garlic has health benefits and also adds a rich flavor to any dish. This garlic keeper from HIC Harold Import Co. helps to keep the garlic fresh for nearly two weeks. There are two side handles for easy handling. It has a ceramic lid that keeps light out and offers a dry and cool environment that prevents them from drying.
- The vents provide good air circulation to keep humidity at bay.
- The lid has a uniquely designed garlic-shaped knob.
- It can hold 3 heads of garlic, onion, or ginger.
Considered as one of the best in the market, this garlic keeper from Vinkoe is sure to keep your garlic and other ingredients fresh for a long time. The body is made from high-quality ceramic material and the lid is made from natural bamboo which helps the ingredients of the jar from being exposed to the sun. Due to its ceramic material, the jar is extremely easy to clean.
- The jar measures 5.75 x 5.75 x 4.25 inches and weighs just 280g.
- Apart from garlic, it can also be used to store onion and ginger.
- It has 12 vents that increase the amount of ventilation and keeps the ingredients cool and dry.
Storing garlic in the refrigerator is not going to help you keep them fresh. The cold and damp atmosphere of the refrigerator is not good for garlic. To keep them fresh, you might want to use a ceramic garlic keeper from KitchenCraft. It adopts a traditional design that creates perfect conditions so that the garlic is fresh for a long time. The body has stripes that are painted with a Classic Collection’s rustic cream shade.
- The lid prevents contact with direct sunlight.
- The holes work as a vent to allow proper airflow to eliminate moisture.
- You can also store ginger and shallots in it.
Did you get extra garlic from the store that you might not use for some time? Don’t worry, you can keep them fresh with this garlic keeper from RSVP International. It has holes on the front that allows sufficient airflow to keep the ingredients cool and dry. The simplistic design of the jar makes it one of the most appealing on our list. It is made from a white stoneware material which is a perfect kitchen accessory. When it comes to cleaning, handwashing the jar is highly recommended.
- The jar measures 4.5 x 4 x 4.5 inches.
- It has a bamboo lid on top to keep the light out.
- It can hold 2-3 garlic cloves.
You should never store garlic in the refrigerator or in open space, that might cause more harm than good. Use Bekmore Garlic Keeper to store garlic, onion, or ginger and you can rest assured that they are going to be in good condition for quite some time. The jar is made from high-quality, strengthened porcelain that protects the ingredients from external factors like damp environments. The compact size takes very little space on your kitchen counter.
- The jar measures 3.7 x 4.4 x 3.2 inches.
- It has a total of 12 air vents around the jar for optimal ventilation.
- It uses a bamboo lid that prevents any exposure to direct sunlight.
How about we add a little art to your kitchen with this beautiful and artsy garlic keeper? The jars are made of ceramic with a glazed and kiln-fired finish. They are hand-painted with designs that are inspired by old-world earthenware traditions that are still majorly found in European kitchens. They are extremely safe to use owing to their non-porous, cadmium, and lead-free features. The vents allow proper air circulation to keep them dry while the lid minimizes exposure to light.
- It can be used to store onions, shallots, ginger, and other root vegetables.
- You can store up to 5 large-sized garlic heads.
This Garlic Keeper Container Set from Elite Luncheon is an amazing combo that every home cook needs to own. The combo includes a garlic keeper, garlic grater, and red silicone garlic peeler. They all use 100% BPA-free materials that are extremely safe for your health. The ceramic material of the jar makes it very easy to clean, you can either hand wash it or put it in the dishwasher.
- The jar measures 3.7 x 4.2 x 3.5 inches and weighs 9.8 ounces.
- The jar has 12 vents that are designed for maximum air circulation to keep the ingredients dry.
- The bamboo lid protects the ingredients from bad light for a longer shelf life.
Storing garlic can get tricky, you can neither store them in damp/cold environments nor in places that are too hot. There needs to be proper air circulation and protection from bad sunlight. This is where this garlic keeper from The Pioneer Woman comes into the picture. It helps the garlic to remain fresh and flavorful for a long time. Once stored, you need not worry about them, when you require some garlic, just pick it out of the jar and use it.
- The jar has a beautiful floral design for an elegant look.
- It is made from durable stoneware material.
- The three holes at the bottom make sure that there is enough airflow to keep the garlic healthy.
There is an unexplained attraction that exists when it comes to handmade kitchen accessories and to no surprise, a lot of customers are very attracted to this handmade garlic keeper from BonCera. This ceramic jar has a green and yellow combination with a simplistic design that is a sight for every eye. If you are looking for a jar to store your garlic and other root vegetables, this could be the one for you.
- It is very easy to clean.
- There are a total of 6 holes for proper air ventilation.
- It keeps the ingredients fresh for a long time.
That was our list of the best 13 garlic keepers that you should consider buying. They all look great, nonetheless, we suggest that you understand their feature better which will help you choose the best one.
A Buying Guide To Choosing The Best Garlic Keeper
- Ventilation: Having proper ventilation in the garlic keeper is one of the most important aspects because these vents allow air circulation that keeps the ingredients fresh. If there is no proper ventilation, the jar might become damp or too hot depending on the weather which will cause mold creation and ruin the contents. So, do make sure that there are enough vents on the garlic keeper.
- Lid: Putting garlic in a container with no lid would be completely pointless. One of the major factors that ruin garlic is harsh sunlight. To protect the ingredients from such factors, you definitely need a lid on the container. And not just sunlight, it also deflects any liquid or other dust particles from falling into the jar, ergo lid is very important.
- Material: Most garlic keepers on our list are made from ceramic material. These types of jars are known to provide necessary and sustainable environments for the ingredients and help in keeping them healthy. These materials are also known for their durability which lasts years to come.
- Jar Size: The jar size depends on the amount of garlic that you want to store. If you are someone who keeps a lot of them in stock, then pick a jar that is big enough to accommodate them. There are a few different sizes on our list that you can choose and most of them do specify how many garlic bulbs they can fit in.
- Jar Style: This might not be on most people’s list, but it should. When you are buying kitchenware that will always be on your counter, you might as well buy something that looks good. Our list has both elegant and simple ones, depending on your wants and needs, you can choose the one that works great while adding to the aesthetics of your kitchen.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q. Can fresh garlic be refrigerated?
A. You can store garlic in refrigerators, but they will not stay fresh for a long time because of the damp environment and you will be forced to use them within a couple of days of storing.
Q. How do you keep garlic from drying out?
A. The best way is to store them in a garlic keeper. It protects the garlic from external factors. Put them in the jar and place them where it is not exposed to harsh light or damp environments.
Garlic carries a lot of health benefits but they can only provide them as long as they are fresh themselves. For this purpose, you need to make sure that you are storing them in the right way. With the help of these amazing garlic keepers, you and your whole family can enjoy the health benefits and flavor of this wonderful ingredient any time.