If you are looking for a fun gift for a two-year-old, here’s our list of the best gifts for 2-year-olds to help you choose the right one. Children at this age are curious and energetic, exploring and learning at every opportunity. Our list includes entertaining and educational toys that will help improve your child’s cognitive skills, motor skills, hand-eye coordination, and more. Your child will stay engaged for hours, and they can effectively keep your child away from screens. So, explore the options and go through the gift guide to choose the perfect gift for your little one.
41 Best Gifts For 2-Year-Old Babies To Enjoy In 2023
From musical toys to building blocks and picture books, there are several gift options for little girls and boys. Have a look at some of the coolest and most unique toddler toys that you can give them.
1. Best Sound-Adjustable Musical Toy: Baby Einstein Take Along Tunes Musical Toy
When no amount of cradling helps to calm down a crying baby, hand them this musical toy. It can make them forget why they have been crying. Coming from a trusted brand, this battery-operated musical toy is very popular with parents and can be considered one of the most popular baby presents on our list. Check out this product testing video to know more about this toddler toy.
- Comes with seven melodies that kids can listen to and slowly pick up
- Designed such that little babies can grasp it perfectly
- Helps with baby’s teething
- Includes volume control for sound adjustment
- Speaker quality may be poor
- Limited number of melodies
"This music toy is my granddaughter's favorite pick during strolls. Its captivating lights and classical tunes engage children. It's small, portable, and has an adjustable volume, making it a diaper bag essential."
2. Best For Frustration-Free Play: Sassy Stacks Of Circles Stacking Ring STEM Learning Toy
Encourage early STEM learning with the Stacks of Circles stacking ring toy by Sassy. This BPA-free toy lets your little one understand the difference between different colors, sizes, and textures. It also helps improve their fine motor skills and strengthens hand-eye coordination. Click this product testing video about a tester’s experience to learn more about the product.
- Helps your little munchkin learn sorting, sequencing, and building
- Rings are numbered from one to eight for counting
- Same-sized ring center ensures frustration-free play
- Rings are stackable in any order
- Has a sturdy base
- Easy to clean and comes with burr-free finish
- Set may be smaller than expected
- Clear ring may retain soapy water after washing
3. Best Stackable: iPlay, iLearn Baby Stacking Montessori Building Blocks Set
iPlay, iLearn Baby Stacking Montessori Building Blocks Set is perfect for toddlers. It includes a giraffe (two pieces), a puppy (two pieces), number blocks (ten pieces), and letter blocks (ten pieces) to help your child learn colors and numbers. These fun toddler playthings can also help develop your child’s fine motor skills and enhance their imagination. It is an ideal educational gift set that children will love.
- Suitable for one- to three-year-old children
- Ideal for little hands
- Made of high-quality ABS
- No small parts and rough edges
- Some blocks may not fit tightly
- Limited vowel blocks
4. Best Engaging:Lamaze Freddie The Firefly
Babies have a short attention span, and so the key to keeping them busy is through distractions. This colorful firefly toy is not only attractive to babies but also holds their attention for a long time. With various interactive features, it is one of the best baby gifts.
- Soft velour body makes it great for cuddling
- Clacking rings make sound to arouse auditory senses
- Crinkled wings and a squeaker keep the child engaged
- Hook on the toy makes it easy to attach anywhere
- Tethered teether helps soothe teething gums
- Teether may not be firmly attached to the toy
- Can easily tear apart
5. Best Illustrated: Where Do Diggers Sleep At Night?
Two-year-old children may not be able to read, but they can surely identify things. This is a bedtime book containing pictures of various vehicles at a construction site.
- Contains colorful illustration
- Rhyming words are easy to read and understand
- Ideal for toddlers who enjoy listening to bedtime stories
- Some buyers felt that the content could be better
- Certain words have no rhyme
6. Best Skill-Enhancing:LeapFrog Scoop & Learn Ice Cream Cart
Little children who love ice cream are most likely to fall for this ice cream cart. Although they cannot make perfect ice creams, they can push the cart around trying to act like an ice cream vendor. Watch this product testing video to know more about this ice cream cart
- Comes with a scooper that scoops the ice cream and the toppings
- Helps sharpen memory and sequencing skills by following separate instructions listed on the ice cream menu card
- Audio plays ten melodies and songs making it attractive to kids
- Comes with 200 fun phrases help the kid identify colors, flavors, and numbers
- Cart comes with wheels that can be pushed around to improve the baby’s gross motor skills
- Audio quality may be poor
- Cart may not be sturdy
7. Best Block-Sorting:Lego Duplo My First Number Train 10847
Children learn things quite easily. Prep your two-year-old for preschool with this cute Lego toy train that contains numbered bricks. Help the child set them in the right sequence. If you are looking for cute baby gifts, this may be the right choice.
- Comes with a buildable locomotive, wagons, numbered bricks, and extra figures
- Numbered bricks help your kid learn numbers
- Hones building skills and creativity
- Train may not be compatible with the track sets
8. Best Bilingual Book:Fisher-Price Baby’s First Blocks
If you are looking for a toy set that can help develop your child’s problem-solving skills, have a look at this block set from Fisher Price, which is one of the most trusted toy brands. It aids the early growth and development of the baby, making it a suitable choice for the baby’s second birthday gift.
- Ten colorful blocks have to be sorted and dropped into the box
- Box doubles as a storage box when not in use
- Box comes with handle so it can be easily carried around
- Interesting way to teach kids colors and shapes
- Attempting to place the right shape in the right hole helps develop the kid’s problem-solving skills
- The lid does not fit firmly
9. Best Stackable:Fisher-Price Rock-A-Stack
Stacking can be a fun activity. And this attractive toy is not just about stacking but also placing the right ring in the right order. As per reviews, the topmost ring comes with beads that rattle so they know they have the rings in the right order.
- Helps develop grasping
- Enables little ones to understand the concept of relative size
- Develops balance and coordination skills
- Rings appear to be made of poor, flimsy plastic
- Buyers have complained about receiving used toys online
"My little one loves playing with this classic toy with lightweight rings that fit into her tiny hands. The toy helps with motor skills and eye-hand coordination and offers teething relief."
10. Best For Vocabulary:LeapFrog Scout And Violet 100 Words Book
This book is a unique and interesting resource to teach your baby angel new words. This book contains pictures and sounds that will keep your kid engaged. This bi-lingual book makes learning fun and exciting.
- Teaches words across 12 categories
- Plays two learning songs at the touch of a button
- Offers instructions in English and Spanish
- No volume control for the loudspeakers
- Buttons are touch-sensitive and need to be handled gently
- Lacks durability
11. Best Roll-And-Rattle Toy:Skip Hop Explore And More Roll Around Rattle Toy, Hedgehog
This roll and rattle toddler toy is cute and easy to play with. It can encourage your baby to roll and shake and make a rattling sound to draw your child’s attention. It is also available in different animal shapes.
- Easy to grasp
- Rattle beads make a clattering sound
- Easy to clean with a damp cloth
- Hard plastic body can hurt the baby
- Teether is hard to chew on
"I love this toy's self-navigating feature that keeps my baby entertained. It has a sturdy build and plays entertaining sounds and music. I have noticed my baby's increasing interest in it over time."
At two years of age, your little girl’s grip can be strengthened with a grasping toy. This multicolored and multi-textured sensory toy for toddlers offers various developmental benefits for your growing baby.
- Variety in bumps helps enhance tactile sensitivity
- Big round bumps make the toy easy to grasp and transfer from hand to hand
- The soft rattling sound can attract babies
- Bright colors help improve vision and focus
- Synthetic fibers may come off easily
- Bumps are not firm and tend to tear off
- Difficult to clean
This multifunctional musical toy by the trusted brand Hahaland, is an ideal choice if you are looking for a toy that will keep your child entertained for hours and help with early brain development. It can be used as a baby piano, drum set, xylophone, whack-a-mole game, and music and song system. The built-in music modes can enhance your baby’s musical skills, and the set can help improve your child’s hand-eye coordination and fine motor skills.
- Adjustable volume
- Made of non-toxic ABS material
- Sensitive touch buttons
- May be smaller than expected
- Limited music choice
No other gift can beat the comfort and joy that a baby doll can offer. Toddlers love holding and cuddling soft baby dolls. This award-winning doll can become your child’s bestie.
- Made of soft fabric and has embroidered toes and a belly button
- Comes wearing a removable onesie, cloth diaper, and magnetic pacifier
- Plump tummy makes it ideal for hugging and snuggling
- May not be sturdy
- Inconvenient to wash
If you want your girl to learn about Jesus, you can buy them this stable playset. It contains attractive and detailed figures from the nativity story and teaches your little angel the story of the birth of Jesus. Making a suitable creative baby present, it comes with ten figures, including baby Jesus and tiny animals.
- Makes for a good Christmas gift
- Encourages kids to be creative
- Quality of the little figures may be flimsy
This is a cute little turtle that emits constellation nightlights. You can keep it in your toddler’s crib to help them fall asleep. It creates the illusion of sleeping under the stars.
- Helps ease the fear of darkness
- Projects light from inside the shell and fills the ceiling with shining stars
- Colors change between blue, green, and amber
- Sets timer for 45 minutes after which lights go off automatically
- Can help teach children various patterns of constellations
- A few buyers complained about its lack of durability
- Works only with AAA batteries
The best toy to gift a 2-year-old boy or girl is something that distracts them when they are crying. These two maracas are suitable developmental toys for two-year-olds, are easy to grasp, and make a sweet rattling sound that can keep your toddler engaged.
- Available in a variety of colors
- Designed for easy grasping to promote gross motor skills
- One end holds soft, colorful pom-poms to help develop a visual sense
- The other end contains rattling beads to help the baby recognize sounds
- Some buyers felt that the rattling sound is barely audible
- Plastic seems too hard
If your child is inclined to playing sports, why not get them this T-ball set? It helps ignite interest in sports and improves hand-eye coordination.
- T-stand adjusts according to the child’s height
- Stand holder doubles up as a wall hanger
- Helps develop the child’s motor skills
- Hollow plastic bat is lightweight and easy to swing
- Stand may not be sturdy enough to hold the ball
If you are confused about what to buy and what not to buy for your little one, get them something that offers just about everything you are looking for. This activity desk offers multiple activities that toddlers can learn while playing.
- Offers various vocabulary words, activities, and songs
- Comes with an LED display that teaches letters, numbers, and shapes
- Contains an easel and chalkboard with storage space
- Includes a toy telephone and music player
- Can be cleaned easily with a damp cloth
- Some activity cards may be dysfunctional
- Table may not be sturdy as the legs tend to come off easily
Encourage your baby to be more adventurous by getting them this banana bike. It comes without pedals but has an adjustable seat so the baby can easily ride the bike.
- Lightweight bike with a low center of gravity
- Comes with a comfortable seat and cushioned bar ends for better grip
- Puncture-proof EVA wheels provide better traction and a stable ride
- Adjustable seat to suit your growing baby’s comfort
- Assembly may be difficult
Encourage your little munchkin to stand, walk, and dance with the Joyjoz baby musical mat. It comes with two music modes: Random mode that plays nine different melodies and One-Click mode with nine music keys and seven animal sounds. You can easily switch between the two modes with the switch button. This interactive musical mat makes a classic gift for two-year-olds.
- Made of soft and non-slip fabric
- Non-toxic and environmentally-friendly
- Helps develop memory and boosts confidence
- Enhance creativity and social skills
- Includes 26 instrument cards
- Suitable for use indoors and outdoors
- Easy to clean, fold, carry, and store
- Batteries may exhaust pretty quickly
- Might be smaller than expected
If you or your spouse love fishing, this game is a good way to introduce your son/ daughter to fishing. This is also a fun way to introduce your kid to numbers, alphabet, and water animals by asking them to catch a specific item with the magnetic fishing rod.
- Comes with 26 wooden fish puzzles,each containing an image of a water animal, a number, and an alphabet
- Having a water-based paint, this game set is non-toxic and safe for kids
- Sharpens kids’ natural observation
- Improves hand-eye coordination
- Toy set seems too small
- Fishing poles lack durability
- Magnet works only on one side of the image
Drumming is not just for boys. Little girls enjoy drumming too, especially when the drums light up and play their favorite melodies. These toys for two-year-olds would make a suitable birthday gift for your little one.
- Each of the drum pad and the cymbal make a unique sound to promote sensory development
- Plays in 4 modes: free play, letters, numbers, and follow along
- Drums illuminate with LED lights
- Plays built-in melodies
- Comes with volume control
- Set available in pink
- Background music plays continuously
- Toys may be smaller than those shown in the images
You can now have your toddler’s attention with this cool spinning wheel. This colorful wheel spins and rattles, beautifully blending with the different colors on it.
- Develops hand-eye coordination as the baby tugs and hits the clattering toy
- Colorful beads that produce sounds enable the baby to connect sound with sight
- Wheel constitutes various textures to enhance the baby’s tactile sense
- Comes with a suction cup to keep toy firm on the ground
- Suction cup is not strong enough to keep the toy from moving under the child’s grasp
- Not easy to clean the toy as water accumulates inside the toy
Did you know that a spinning toy can help improve your child’s balance? With this toy, your baby has to sit on the big wheel and spin the smaller wheel to turn around. Since your kid will be in control of the spinning and may not spin it too hard, you do not have to worry about the speed.
- Helps improve balance, coordination, and gross motor skills
- Baby has full control over the speed of the wheel
- Simple to assemble
- Easy to store and clean
- Some buyers were unhappy with the size of the toy
- Does not work on a carpet
A finalist for the ‘Toy of the Year’ award in 2018, this bulldozer toy can make your toddler’s playtime more fun, making it a fun imaginative play gift.
- Chasing, scooping,and dropping balls improve hand–eye coordination
- Pushing the bulldozer around helps develop the baby’s motor skills
- Balls can be stored in the hollow of the bulldozer
- Colorful buttons activate different sounds, music, or phrases
- Bulldozer counts the number of balls loudly for your baby to learn counting
- Handle is not sturdy and drops easily
- Screws come off easily
- Popping mechanism tends to get jammed
Tricycles can turn a boring summertime into a fun-filled vacation. This pretty Barbie themed tricycle is designed to suit a toddler, who simply loves riding on their own.
- Comes with rugged tires and a broad wheelbase for a stable ride
- Has a storage compartment under the seat
- Foot pedals are big enough for the child to place their feet firmly
- Helps develop gross motor skills
- Wheels lack grip and can get slippery
- Sticker decals come off easily
Introduce your child to the Green Toys fire truck and make their indoor or outdoor play time more fun. The toy helps improve children’s imagination and motor skills. This fire truck is made of earth-friendly materials and is free of BPA, phthalates, and PVC.
- Has a sturdy roof ladder and two pivot ladders at the sides
- Rotatable main ladder
- Has no metal axles
- Labels are printed with soy ink
- Easy to clean and dishwasher-safe
- Wheels may not roll smoothly on hardwood floors
- Side ladders may not be lockable
The RaboSky bean bag toss game is designed to promote your little one’s hand-eye coordination, motor skills, and counting skills. It features a double-sided corn hole board and six tiny bean bags perfect for little hands. The game includes two modes–hard and easy– and can be played indoors or outdoors.
- Promotes balance and coordination skills
- Encourages tracking, visual perception, and focus
- Lightweight and portable design
- Easy to assemble
- May not be very sturdy
Make your little one’s bath time more fun and entertaining with the Yookidoo submarine spray station. Its thoughtfully designed circulating water pump recycles the water from the tub, and the toy set offers multiple play opportunities with its funneling, spinning, and spraying functions.
- Supports independent play
- Improves hand-eye coordination and motor skills
- Stimulates children senses of sight and touch
- Promotes color recognition
- Easy-to-grasp toy
- Suction power may weaken over time
- Color may fade gradually
This toy looks like a regular flashlight but is more than just that. It is an educational gift for toddlers that lights up in different colors and plays various songs.
- Contains 50 sing-along songs and fun phrases
- Flashes five different colors and plays each name
- Turning the dial activates animal sounds
- Improves age-appropriate skills
- No volume control
- Sound plays each time the light is turned on
- Light may be too dim for the toy to be used as an actual flashlight
Here’s a highly interactive and entertaining toy to help your child improve their motor skills while learning about colors, numbers, letters, and fish puns. This multi-colored interactive baby toy has music, lights, and phrases that will keep your baby entertained for hours.
- Includes over 40 songs and phrases
- Suitable for children aged six months and up
- Free of lead and other harmful chemicals
- Montessori-inspired toy
- Brightly colored
- Easy to assemble
- Some parts may pose a choking hazard
- May not include volume control
Make your little one’s bath time enjoyable with this Fill N’ Splash Submarine Bath Toy. The colorful toy can also provide hours of engaging and educational playtime. It has a yellow cup, floating balls, and an orange button and is the perfect toy to improve your little one’s hand-eye coordination while teaching them cause and effect.
- Easy to clean
- No assembly required
- No batteries required
- Suction may lose grip after prolonged use
- Not suitable for teething babies
The activity cube toy by Top Bright includes a variety of interesting and engaging activities on all five sides for toddlers. It includes a rainbow spinning gear, a turning wheel, color counting beads, and a rotatable and detachable bead maze, making it a holistic and perfect birthday gift for toddlers.
- Suitable for encouraging hand movements to develop fine motor skills
- Made of child-safe wood and plastic materials
- Includes activities to improve hand-eye coordination
- Has vibrant colors to keep children engaged
- Meets ASTM and CPC standards
- Ball on the string may be tough to pull for a child
- May be smaller than expected
Keep your little one busy and moving with this 2-in-1 karaoke device that lets them sing the ABCs or 123s. This Bluetooth speaker-cum-mic plays songs from YouTube, Spotify, or other music apps when connected to a phone or tablet. Its acoustic speakers offer clear and high-quality sounds for a great audio experience.
- Built-in rechargeable lithium battery
- Works for six hours on a full charge
- Has a micro USB to USB charging cable
- Comes with preloaded songs
- Switch between low and high-pitched voices
- User-friendly button
- May take time to charge
- Button may not be highly durable
The double-sided activity table by Step2 lets your little munchkin play with sand and water simultaneously. It features a water tower that helps your child create a cascading waterfall. It also comes with fun accessories to make their play sessions more entertaining.
- Encourages social play and sensory exploration
- Helps improve motor skills
- Includes a non-leak drain plug to remove the water
- Has smooth surfaces
- Easy to assemble and clean
- May be slightly messy to play with
- Water ring might be a bit flimsy
Let your child practice bowling with the iPlay iLearn kids bowling set. It includes ten pins and two balls made from high-quality soft foam. This toy set is ideal for playing indoors and outdoors and helps improve your little one’s color recognition and counting skills.
- Improves hand-eye coordination, balance, and gross motor skills
- Lightweight design for easy portability
- Comes with attractive prints and vibrant colors
- Fits perfectly in little ones’ hands
- Pins may not be break-resistant
- May be smaller than expected
Most toys become redundant as your child grows up, but this tricycle by Radio Flyer grows with your child. It transforms itself at every stage to suit your baby girl’s needs. It even adjusts its size to ensure that your girl can use it comfortably.
- Transforms into infant trike, steering trike, learn-to-ride trike, or classic trike
- Comes with an adult steer and stroll-adjustable push handle
- Includes an adjustable seat so your baby can sit comfortably
- The adjustable canopy protects your child from the sun
- Comes with a three-point safety seat belt
- Suitable outdoor toy for two-year-olds
- Trike may not be sturdy
- Does not have a footrest
Bring home this interactive Mr. Blue bird that makes funny sounds as your child talks, sings, and laughs. Its big eyes, tiny wings, and yellow belly make it cute and adorable. This round and snuggle buddy dances or sings in response to your child’s sounds.
- Activates at the press of a button
- Made of BPA-free material
- Features auto-off function
- Crafted as per ASTM, CPSIA, Prop 65 standards
- May not be easy to insert the batteries
Toddlers love making doodles, which is not a bad thing until they start displaying their creativity on the furniture, carpet, and walls. If their habit of doodling is making a mess around the house, you can try this mess-free battery-operated doodle board. It makes a unique gift for toddlers in the one- and two-year-old age group and helps support their growth and development.
- Doodle board lights up with each touch on the surface
- Sealed gel surface is safe to use and non-toxic
- Equipped with 12 songs, 12 different light colors, and instructions
- Lightweight and portable
- Gender-neutral toddler gift set
- A few buyers complained about the blue gel leaking out after a few uses
- Cleaning the screen can be difficult
Here’s a cuddle-worthy companion for your little one. The Mixaroo plush animal comes with 12 easy-to-stick mix and match attachments to let your child get creative and create different looks for their plush friend.
- Promotes creativity and self-expression
- Encourages pretend play and develops social and emotional skills
- Soft surface and mess-free play
- Improves fine motor skills
- Seams may fray over time
- Velcro may not be strong enough
How To Choose The Right Gift For 2-Year-Old Babies?
Consider these factors to find a suitable gift for two-year-olds.
- Type: Decide on the toy you need or the child is most interested in. You can choose from dolls, plushies, learning games, stackable toys, and more. Finalizing the type will help you narrow down your options.
- Safety: Check out the toy’s material to ensure your child’s safety. It should not have sharp edges, small parts, or toxic elements. Also, look for safety certifications to find the best toy.
- Durability: Ensure the toy is made of high-quality materials for long-lasting use. They should be sturdy to endure rough play and be wear- and tear-resistant.
- Reviews: Consider the toy’s reviews to know what other parents and children think about them. These reviews and recommendations will help you get a better understanding.
Heather Welch, a mom, play advocate, and educator, says, “Make sure the toys are age-appropriate, not only for safety reasons but also because you want your child to gain confidence. Join your two-year-old and help them learn shapes, sizes, and colors and teach them how to cope with negative feelings if they can’t assemble them on their first try. Children this age love to use their hands, so you can also give them toys that develop fine motor skills.”
Frequently Asked Questions
1. What makes a good gift for a two-year-old baby?
Musical toys, chunky block sets, stacking rings, toys that rattle, drawing mats or pads, and pushing or pulling mobile toys are a few toys that can make a good gift for a two-year-old. Make sure they have smooth edges, don’t contain small parts, and are easy to use and clean.
2. What toy does every two-year-old need?
Most two-year-olds are full of beans and are curious to learn something new, especially about their surroundings or how things work in general. Therefore, giving them toys that keep them engrossed, enhance their cognitive skills, and stimulate their sensory responses are good options.
3. What should I buy for my baby on their birthday?
If they love to wander around and if you have ample space, you could get them a stroller-cum-tricycle. To harness their creative side, a doodle mat or musical set would be good. If they often nibble at random things, a teething-cum-clutching toy could be a good choice. Choose a toy or game depending on your baby interests and developmental needs.
By the time a child turns two, they become energetic, curious, and active. Choosing the right gift for them can be tricky as they might get bored of toys easily and fail to be engaged. The gift ideas listed here are specifically designed to entertain and improve their motor skills, hand-eye coordination, and cognitive abilities. Look for something that complements your little one’s personality and keeps them occupied for hours. Ensure the gifts are made of child-friendly materials and are durable, easy to clean, and stimulating.
Infographic: Choosing A Gift Based On A Two-Year-Old Baby’s Milestones
Choosing age-appropriate gifts for the child helps ensure they thoroughly enjoy using them while contributing to their development. So, check out this infographic to learn the usual milestones of a two-year-old and consider them while selecting a gift.