If you are looking for a fun gift for a two-year-old, here’s our list of the best gifts for 2-year-olds to help you choose the right one. Children at this age are curious and energetic, exploring and learning at every opportunity. Our list includes entertaining and educational toys that will help improve your child’s cognitive skills, motor skills, hand-eye coordination, and more. Your child will stay engaged for hours, and they can effectively keep your child away from screens. So, explore the multiple options listed below to choose accordingly.
Our Top Picks
31 Best Gifts For 2-Year-Olds
From musical toys to building blocks and picture books, there are several gift options for little girls and boys. Have a look at some of the coolest toys you can gift them.
1. Best sound-Adjustable Musical Toy: Baby Einstein Take Along Tunes Musical Toy
When no amount of cradling helps to calm down a crying baby, hand them this musical toy. It can make them forget why they have been crying. Coming from a trusted brand, this battery-operated musical toy is very popular with parents. Check out this video to know more about this toy.
- Comes with seven melodies that kids can listen toand slowly pickup
- Designed such that little babies can grasp it perfectly
- Helps with baby’s teething
- Includes volume control for sound adjustment
- Speaker quality may be poor
- A limited number of melodies
2. Best Stackable Number-Learning Toy: The First Years Stack Up Cup Toys
Babies enjoy stacking. So why not get your little one an attractive set of cup toys? They can happily spend hours making a tower with it. To know more about this product click here
- Eight brightly colored cups for stacking and water play
- Free from BPA, lead, and phthalates
- Numbers embossed on the bottom of the cup for babies to learn counting
- Not ideal for teething babies
3. Best Engaging And Easy-To-Attach Toy: Lamaze Freddie The Firefly
Babies have a short attention span, and so the key to keeping them busy is through distractions. This colorful firefly toy not only attracts them but also holds their attention for a long time.
- Soft velour body makes it great for cuddling
- Clacking rings make sound to arouse auditory senses
- Crinkled wings and a squeaker keep the child engaged
- Hook on the toy makes it easy to attach anywhere
- Tethered teether helps soothe teething gums
- Teether may not be firmly attached to the toy
- Can easily tear apart
4. Best Illustrated Bedtime Story Gift: Where Do Diggers Sleep at Night?
Two-year-old children may not be able to read, but they can surely identify things. This is a bedtime book containing pictures of various vehicles at a construction site.
- Contains colorful illustration
- Rhyming words are easy to read and understand
- Ideal for toddlers who enjoy listening to bedtime stories
- Some buyers felt that the content could be better
- Certain words have no rhyme
5. Best Memory, Skill-Enhancing Musical Toy: LeapFrog Scoop & Learn Ice Cream Cart
Little children who love ice cream are most likely to fall for this ice cream cart. Although they cannot make perfect ice creams, they can push the cart around trying to act like an ice cream vendor. Watch this video to know more about this ice cream cart
- Comes with a scooper that scoops the ice cream and the toppings
- Helps sharpen memory and sequencing skills by following separate instructions listed on the ice cream menu card
- Audio playsten melodies and songs
- 200 fun phrases help the kid identify colors, flavors, and numbers
- The cart comes with wheels that can be pushed around to improve the baby’s motor skills
- The audio quality may be poor
- The cart may not be sturdy
6. Best Block-Sorting Toy With Storage: LEGO DUPLO My First Number Train 10847
Children learn things quite easily. Prep your two-year-old for preschool with this cute Lego toy train that contains numbered bricks. Help the child set them in the right sequence.
- Comes with a buildable locomotive, wagons, numbered bricks, and extra figures
- Numbered bricks help your kid learn numbers
- Hones building skills and creativity
- Train may not be compatible with the track sets
7. Best Bilingual Word-Learning Book Gift: Fisher-Price Baby’s First Blocks
If you are looking for a toy set that can help develop your child’s problem-solving skills, have a look at this block set from Fisher Price, which is one of the most trusted toy brands.
- Ten colorful blocks have to be sorted and dropped into the box
- The box below acts as a storage box when not in use
- Box comes with handle so it can be easily carried around
- Interesting way to teach kids colors and shapes
- Attempting to place the right shape in the right hole helps develop the kid’s problem-solving skills
- The lid does not fit firmly
8. Best Stackable Toy for Balance Skills: Fisher-Price Rock-a-Stack
Stacking can be a fun activity. And this toy is not just about stacking, but also placing the right ring in the right order. The topmost ring comes with beads that rattle so they know they have the rings in the right order.
- Helps develop grasping
- Enables little ones to understand the concept of relative size
- Develops balance and coordination skills
- Rings appear to be made of poor, flimsy plastic
- Buyers have complained about receiving used toys online
9. Best Bilingual Word-Learning Book Gift: LeapFrog Scout and Violet 100 Words Book
This book is a unique and interesting resource to teach your baby angel new words. This book contains pictures and sounds that will keep your kid engaged. This bi-lingual book makes learning fun and exciting.
- Teaches words across 12 categories
- Plays two learning songs at the touch of a button
- Offers instructions in English and Spanish
- No volume control for the loudspeakers
- Buttons are touch-sensitive and need to be handled gently
- Lacks durability
10. Best Stimulating Roll-And-Rattle Toy: Skip Hop Explore and More Roll Around Rattle Toy, Hedgehog
This award-winning roll and rattle toy is cute and easy to play with. It can encourage your baby to roll and shake and makes a rattling sound to drawyour kid’s attention. It is also available in different animal shapes.
- Easy to grasp
- Rattle beads make a clattering sound
- Easy to clean with a damp cloth
- The hard plastic body can hurt the baby
- The teether is hard to chew on
At two years of age, your little girl’s grip can be strengthened with a grasping toy. This multicolored and multi-textured ball offers various developmental benefits for your growing baby.
- Variety in bumps helps enhance tactile sensitivity
- Big round bumps make the toy easy to grasp and transfer from handtohand
- The soft rattling sound can attract babies
- Bright and striking colors improve vision and focus
- A few buyers complained that the synthetic fibers come off easily
- Bumps are not firm and tend to tear off
- Difficult to clean
These three-foot-tall wheelies track comes with three tracks, sending cars in different directions. It can also be used as a racing track. Let your baby feel the excitement of seeing cars jumping and flying mid-air from the track.
- The two-player games teach the baby to learn about sharing
- Multiple stops on track encourage imaginative play
- Assembling the vehicles on to the track helps strengthens motor skills
- Difficult to assemble
No other gift can beat the comfort and joy that a baby doll can offer. Toddler love holding and cuddling soft baby dolls. This award-winning doll can become your child’s bestie.
- Made of soft fabric and has embroidered toes and a belly button
- Comes wearing a removable onsie, cloth diaper, and magnetic pacifier
- Its plump tummy makes it ideal for hugging and snuggling
- A few buyers do not find the doll sturdy
- Inconvenient to wash
If you want your girl to learn about Jesus, you can buy them this stable playset. It contains figures from the nativity story and teaches your little angel the story of the birth of Jesus. It comes with ten figures, including baby Jesus and tiny animals.
- Makes for a good Christmas gift
- Encourages kids to be creative
- Quality of the little figures may be flimsy
This is a cute little turtle that emits constellation nightlight. You can keep it in your toddler’s crib to help them fall asleep. It creates the illusion of sleeping under the stars.
- Helps ease the fear of darkness
- Projects light from inside the shell and fills the ceiling with shining stars
- Colors change between blue, green, and amber
- Sets timer for 45minutes after which lights go off automatically
- Can help teach children various patterns of constellations
- A few buyers complained about its lack of durability
- Works only with AAA batteries
The best toy to gift a 2-year-old girl is something that distracts them when they are crying. These two maracas are easy to grasp and make a sweet rattling sound that can keep your toddler engaged.
- Available in a variety of colors
- Perfectly designed for easy grasping to promote motor skills
- One end holds soft, colorful pom-poms to help develop a visual sense
- The other end contains rattling beads to help the baby recognize sounds
- Some buyers felt that the rattling sound is barely audible
- Plastic seems too hard
If your child is inclined to playing sports, why not get them this T-ball set? It helps ignite interest in sports and improves hand-eye coordination.
- T-stand adjusts according to the child’s height
- Stand holder doubles up as a wall hanger
- Helps develop the child’s motor skills
- The hollow plastic bat is lightweight and easy to swing
- The stand is not sturdy enough to hold the ball
- A few buyers complained about receiving two balls instead of the five advertised
If you are confused about what to buy and what not to buy for your little one, get them something that offers just about everything you are looking for. This activity desk offers multiple activities that toddlers can learn while playing.
- Offers various vocabulary words, activities, and songs
- Comes with an LED display that teaches letters, numbers, and shapes
- Contains an easel and chalkboard with storage space
- Includes a toy telephone and music player
- Can be cleaned easily with a damp cloth
- Some activity cards may be dysfunctional
- The table may not be sturdy as the legs tend to come off easily
Encourage your baby to be more adventurous by getting them this banana bike. It comes without pedals but has an adjustable seat so the baby can easily ride the bike.
- Lightweight bike with a low center of gravity
- Comes with a comfortable seat and cushioned bar ends for better grip
- Puncture-proof EVA wheels provide better traction and a stable ride
- Adjustable seat to suit your growing baby’s comfort
- A few buyers faced difficulty in assembling the bike
If you or your spouse love fishing, this game is a good way to introduce your son/ daughter to fishing. This is also a fun way to introduce your kid to numbers, alphabet, and water animals by asking them to catch a specific item with the magnetic fishing rod.
- Comes with 26 wooden fish puzzles,each containing an image of a water animal, a number, and an alphabet
- Having a water-based paint, this game set is non-toxic and safe for kids
- Sharpens kids’ natural observation
- Improves hand-eye coordination
- Toy set seems too small
- Fishing poles lack durability
- The magnet works only on one side of the image
Drumming is not just for boys. Little girls enjoy drumming too, especially when the drums light up and play their favorite melodies.
- Each of the drum pad and the cymbal make a unique sound to promote sensory development
- Plays in 4 modes: free play, letters, numbers, and follow along
- Drums illuminate with LED lights
- Plays built-in melodies
- Comes with volume control
- Set available in pink
- Background music plays continuously
- Toys may be smaller than those shown in the images
You can now have your toddler’s attention with this cool spinning wheel. This colorful wheel spins and rattles, beautifully blending with the different colors on it.
- Develops hand-eye coordination as the baby tugs and hits the clattering toy
- Colorful beads that produce sounds enable the baby to connect sound with sight
- Wheel constitutes various textures to enhance the baby’s tactile sense
- Comes with a suction cup to keep toy firm on the ground
- Suction cup is not strong enough to keep the toy from moving under the child’s grasp
- Not easy to clean the toy as water accumulates inside the toy
Did you know that a spinning toy can help improve your child’s balance? With this toy, your baby has tosit on the big wheel and spin the smaller wheel to turn around. Since your kid will be in control of the spinning and may not spin it too hard, you do not have to worry about the speed.
- Helps improve balance, coordination, and motor skills
- Baby has full control over the speed of the wheel
- Simple to assemble
- Easy to store and clean
- Some buyers were unhappy with the size of the toy
- Does not work on a carpet
A finalist for the ‘Toy of the Year’ award in 2018, this bulldozer toy can make your toddler’s playtime more fun.
- Chasing, scooping,and dropping balls improve hand–eye coordination
- Pushing the bulldozer around helps develop the baby’smotor skills
- Balls can be stored in the hollow of the bulldozer
- Colorful buttons activate different sounds, music, or phrases
- Bulldozercounts the number of balls loudly for your baby to learn counting
- The handle is not sturdy and drops easily
- Screws come off easily
- The popping mechanism tends to get jammed
Tricycles can turn a boring summertime into a fun-filled vacation. This pretty Barbie themed tricycle is designed to suit a toddler, who simply loves riding on their own.
- Comes with rugged tires and a broad wheelbase for a stable ride
- Has a storage compartment under the seat
- Foot pedals are big enough for the child to place their feet firmly
- Helps develop gross motor skills
- Wheels lack grip and can get slippery
- Sticker decals come off easily
This toy looks like a regular flashlight but is more than just that. It is an educational toy that lights up in different colors and plays various songs.
- Contains 50 sing-along songs and fun phrases
- Flashes five different colors and plays each name
- Turning the dial activates animal sounds
- No volume control
- Sound plays each time the light is turned on
- Light is toodimfor the toy to be used as an actual flashlight
Your darling does not have to be Richie Rich to own a roller-coaster. They can now own one too, but with a twist. This roller coaster has a car gliding over it before taking off in mid-air.
- Over two feet tall, this playset comes with light and sounds
- At the push of a button, the car starts rolling down, teaching your kid the cause of effect
- Helps develop gross motor skills of grasping, holding, pushing, and so on
- Music stops working after a few uses
Children who scribble on the wall can now scribble on the floor with this classic mat on it. It is a portable mat that can be used to draw with water pens. The ink disappears within seconds of painting so your toddler can draw as many times as they want.
- Easy drawing without creating any mess
- The pen never runs out as it works on water
- Colors in red, blue, green, and purple
- The mat is easily foldable and can be taken anywhere
- The mat may appear to be made of cheap material
- The mat is not easy to clean
When teething, children end up putting everything they can grasp into their mouths. Toys for such kids have to be safe. This teether is specially designed for babies so they can have a safe teething experience.
- Wooden beads are coated with water-based, non-toxic finish
- Toy twists and turns to promote gross motor skills
- Dense baby balls are chip and splinter resistant
- Meets the CPSC, ASTM, and EN71 toy safety standards
- Lacks variety in colors
- Color comes off when washed
Most toys become redundant as your child grows up. But this tricycle grows with your child. It transforms itself at every stage to suit your baby girl’s needs. It even adjusts its size to ensure that your girl can use it comfortably.
- Transforms into infant trike, steering trike, learn-to-ride trike, or classic trike
- Comes with an adult steer and stroll-adjustable push handle
- Includes an adjustable seat so your baby can sit comfortably
- The adjustable canopy protects your child from the sun
- Comes with a three-point safety seat belt
- A few buyers complained about the trike being poorly built
- Does not have a footrest
Toddlers love making doodles, which is not a bad thing until they start displaying their creativity on the furniture, carpet, and walls. If their habit of doodling is making a mess around the house, you can try this mess-free battery-operated doodle board.
- Doodle board lights up with each touch on the surface
- Sealed gel surface is safe to use and non-toxic
- Equipped with 12 songs, 12 different light colors, and instructions
- Lightweight and portable
- A few buyers complained about the blue gel leaking out after a few uses
- Cleaning the screen can be difficult
How To Choose The Right Gift For 2-Year-Old Babies?
Check out the below factors to find a suitable gift for two-year-olds.
- Type: Decide on the toy you need or the child is most interested in. You can choose from dolls, plushies, learning games, stackable toys, and more. Finalizing the type will help you narrow down your options.
- Safety: Check out the toy’s material to ensure your child’s safety. It should not have sharp edges, small parts, or toxic elements. Also, look for safety certifications to find the best toy.
- Durability: Ensure the toy is made of high-quality materials for long-lasting use. They should be sturdy to endure rough play and be wear- and tear-resistant.
- Reviews: Consider the toy’s reviews to know what other parents and children think about them. These reviews and recommendations will help you get a better understanding.
Frequently Asked Questions
1.What makes a good gift for a two-year-old baby?
Musical toys, chunky block sets, stacking rings, toys that rattle, drawing mats or pads, and pushing or pulling mobile toys are a few toys that can make a good gift for a two-year-old.
• Make sure they
• have smooth edges.
• don’t contain small parts.
• are easy to use and clean.
2. What toy does every two-year-old need?
Most two-year-olds are full of beans and are curious to learn something new, especially about their surroundings or how things work in general. Therefore, giving them toys that keep them engrossed, enhance their cognitive skills, and stimulate their sensory responses are good options.
3. What should I buy for my baby on their birthday?
If they love to wander around and if you have ample space, you could get them a stroller-cum-tricycle. To harness their creative side, a doodle mat or musical set would be good. If they often nibble at random things, a teething-cum-clutching toy could be a good choice. Choose a toy or game depending on your baby interests and developmental needs.
By the time a child turns two, they become energetic, curious, and active. Choosing the right gift for them can be tricky as they might get bored of toys easily and fail to be engaged. The gift ideas listed here are specifically designed to entertain and improve their motor skills, hand-eye coordination, and cognitive abilities. Look for something that complements your little one’s personality and keeps them occupied for hours. Ensure the gifts are made of child-friendly materials and are durable, easy to clean, and stimulating.
View Profile ›