Maintain window panes and other glass objects properly without spots or fingerprints with the best glass cleaning cloths. These clothes are made of microfiber and have an ultra-soft texture that glides over the glass surface without causing any cracks or leaving residue.
Whether it is mirrors, window panels, TV or computer screens, drinking glasses, or other glass surfaces, these products can leave them spotless with a few wipes. They are also eco-friendly as they can be washed and reused. Also, they do not need any harmful chemicals to clean the surfaces. You can dampen the cloth in water for a lint-free, easy cleaning.
So, go through our list to pick the right glass cleaning cloth for your home.
12 Best Glass Cleaning Cloths
1. Best For Delicate Surfaces: MagicFiber Microfiber Cleaning Cloths
Designed to keep your glass objects squeaky clean, the MagicFiber microfiber cleaning clothes remove oil, fingerprints, dirt, dust, and smudges without using any chemical cleaners. The saw-tooth pattern and fused edges prevent the formation of frayed edges and loose strings. They keep your glassware, glasses, camera lenses, watches, television, laptops, baby toys, etc., sparkly clean. Reviewer Caesar from Caesar’s Critiques says, “They are six by seven inches and are individually wrapped. I like the fact that it’s not going to leave anything on the glass. It cleans like a champ–my glasses are nice and crystal clear.” They can easily fit camera bags, eyeglass cases, tablet cases, and laptop sleeves. Try this glass-cleaning microfiber cloth for a lint-free, streak-free, and scratch-free cleaning experience. This video review, showcasing a tester testing this product, can help you make an informed decision.
- Safe on delicate surfaces
- Made of high-quality material
- Eco-friendly microfiber towels
- Hand-washable and reusable
- Easy to grip
- May be slightly thicker than expected
- May be smaller than expected
2. Best Scratch-Free: Care Touch Microfiber Cleaning Cloth
The high-quality microfiber cleaning cloth can help clean eyeglasses, TVs, computer monitors, laptops, tablets, smartphones, etc. The soft material leaves a smudge-free, clean, and smooth surface, eliminating dirt and dust without leaving any lint or streak from the material on delicate surfaces. You can use them for various optics and they can help you clean easily without any chemicals or cleaning solutions.
- Individually wrapped
- Machine wash-compatible
- May be smaller than expected
- May get dirty quickly
3. Best High-Absorbent: MR.Siga Microfiber Cleaning Cloths
MR. Siga microfiber cleaning clothes deliver spotlessly clean surfaces with their innovative, safe, and hygienic cleaning materials without using any toxic chemical substances. They are extremely soft and skin-friendly. They are non-abrasive cleaning clothes that will not scratch items or scrape paint, coatings, or other surfaces. These multipurpose microfiber towels can be efficiently used as kitchen towels, bathroom towels, floor mops, car towels, and window/mirror cloths. They can be efficiently used to keep glassware, mirrors, laptops, mobile phones, television, etc. polished and clean. These generously sized glass cleaning microfiber cloths can be washed and reused multiple times. Its variants are available in four vibrant colors of yellow, blue, maroon, and green. If you are still unsure, check out this honest review showcasing a tester’s experience with the product.
- Made of polyester and nylon material
- Long-lasting and reinforced edges
- Quick-drying fabric
- Machine and hand washable
- May be slightly rough to use
- May be thinner than expected
4. Best For Oil Smudges: Aidea Microfiber Glass Cleaning Cloth
Available in bright and attractive colors, the soft microfiber cloth by Aidea ensures streak-free shine on surfaces, leaving no scratches behind. The tight weave leaves no wiping or cleaning stains. Made of 85% polyester, its high absorption power is coupled with quick-drying, which saves time and makes cleaning super easy. It can help you remove dust, fingerprints, and oil smudges on surfaces like glasses, goblets, mirrors, watches, smart devices, and stainless steel like magic.
- Machine washable
- Fabric may snag with use
- May not be suitable for thick layers of dirt
5. Best Anti-Smudge: Xthel Microfiber Cleaning Cloths
For a lint-free and streak-free shine, the Xthel Microfiber Cleaning Cloths, with super absorbent capacity, are the best choice. These extremely soft & gentle cleaning cloths easily remove dust and grime, oily fingerprints, and leave no streaks or residue. Made of high-quality tightly woven microfiber material, they don’t smudge the surface and leave it looking amazingly new. They contain no harsh chemicals and are completely safe to be wiped on your prized electronics like camera lenses, laptops, mobile phones, iPad, LCD TV screens, etc. Besides, these reusable microfiber clothes are also long-lasting and sustainable.
- Saw-tooth patterned edges
- Prevents fraying
- Have a silky sheen
- Does not allow the dust to settle down
- Doesn’t scratch surfaces
- Machine washable
- May not withstand rough use
- May be slightly thick
6. Best Oversized: Elite Tech Gear Microfiber Cleaning Cloth
The high-tech microfiber cloth by Elite Tech Gear makes cleaning both large and small surfaces a cinch. Available in a pack of six, it features five large 6 x 7-inch and one oversized 12 x 12-inch cloths, perfect for your eyeglasses, iPads, smartphones, windows, mirrors, and much more. The microfiber lens cleaning cloth comes in individual packaging, making it easy to carry around in your daily or travel bags or eyeglass case. Easy to use with little pressure or effort, they leave no spots, scratches, smudges, or streaks on surfaces.
- Smooth texture
- Thick and durable
- Can be washed fifty times
- Available in many sizes
- May not be suitable for machine wash
- May begin to shed over time
7. Best Multipurpose: Homexcel Microfiber Cleaning Cloths
Featuring a grid pattern, the Homeexcel microfiber cleaning cloth traps dust, dirt, liquid, and debris and wipes out all stains and smudges effectively. Made from 87% polyester and 13% polyamide, the cloths are scratch-free, non-abrasive, and suitable for almost all household surfaces. Be it windows, furniture, kitchen tops, cars, electronic gadgets, or delicate surfaces—the soft, super-absorbent cloth does its job well.
- Quick-drying cloths
- Machine washable
- May have to be washed before use
- Some may find the cloth thin
8. Best Lint-Free: SmoTecQ Microfiber Glass Cleaning Cloth
The SmoTecQ Microfiber Glass Cleaning Cloth is uniquely blended fiber weaved for optimal softness, durability, and absorption. These cleaning cloths can effectively remove dust, oil, smudges, fingerprints, and dirt. They are safe to clean delicate surfaces of smartphones, glasses, laptops, car screens, lenses, and glassware. These small microfiber towels can help you ace the test of cleanliness as they leave no smudges, streaks, or smears on surfaces. Available in assorted colors of black, gray, yellow, blue, green, and pink with two clothes of each color, these microfiber glass cleaning cloths are attractive, convenient, and economical.
- Saw-tooth edges
- Hand washable and reusable
- Environmentally friendly
- May be slightly thinner than expected
- May shrink slightly over time
9. Best Reusable: Care Touch Microfiber Lens Cloth
Fashioned for keeping the delicate surfaces of your expensive lenses and optics clean, the Care Touch Microfiber Lens Cloth is made with an extra-fine microfiber cloth with durable material. This microfiber eyeglass cleaning cloth is gentle on dainty surfaces. The edges of this superior cleaning cloth are heat-treated to prevent the sides from fraying. This versatile cleaning cloth works amazingly on glass and metal surfaces. It can be used to clean crystal, camera lenses, watches/jewelry, and glasses and effectively removes fingerprints, smudges, and dirt particles. They work well on anti-reflective, transition, anti-fog, and other coatings. These clothes are reusable and machine-washable.
- Safe for wiping all glass surfaces
- Saw-toothed edges
- Does not fray
- May be slightly smaller
10. Best For Different Surfaces: Optix 55 Microfiber Cloths
Designed for the cleanliness-loving person in you, the Optix 55 Microfiber Glass Cleaning Cloths are superior tools for cleaning and germ removal from glass objects. They pick up light dust and germs easily and are safe to be used on all types of surfaces – smartphones, tablets, TV screens, laptops, and camera lenses. These multipurpose cleaning cloths can be used at home, workplace, and inside the car. They are lightweight and lint-free. You can use this glass wipe cloth without having to use harmful chemicals or sprays for spotlessly clean surfaces. They can be washed to retain their original color, making them ideal for daily use.
- Removes fingerprints
- Leaves no streaks and residue
- Individually wrapped in vinyl pouches
- Soft and delicate
- May be slightly rough for certain glass surfaces
11. Best Non-Fading: Metene Microfiber Cleaning Cloth
Made of a high-quality microfiber blend, the soft cloth by Metene helps you clean your belongings with utmost care. The cloth rids a variety of surfaces of dirt, debris, grease, and moisture, leaving surfaces streak-free, scratch-free, and bacteria-free. They have no harsh chemicals and are safe for use on expensive gadgets such as camera lenses, tablets, laptops, and iPads. Each cloth is carefully packaged individually for convenient use and is easy to carry in your pocket, purse, or eyeglass case.
- Does not fade
- Available in several colors
- Safe on delicate surfaces
- Can be washed 600+ times
- May not be suitable for stubborn stains
12. Best Non-Abrasive: Zerla Microfiber Glass Cleaning Clothes
Made with high-density microfiber guaranteeing maximum cleaning with minimum residue, the Zerla microfiber glass cleaning clothes have high tensile strength and facilitate superior cleaning. The non-abrasive design does not scratch surfaces, paints, furniture, stainless steel, or clear coats. Best for cleaning and dusting the kitchen, home, car, bath, and glasses, they can handle the toughest of grease, dirt, dust, and spills while remaining safe on all surfaces. These cleaning cloths can be machine washed often to remove trapped dirt, dust, and grease and can be used multiple times. They are high heat and fire-resistant and free of any chemical compounds.
- Provides lint- and streak-free results
- Reinforced edges
- Absorbs water eight times its weight
- Made of polyester and polyamide material
- May be slightly stiff
- May be somewhat textured
Paula Tarling, an experienced domestic cleaner and influencer, says, “Glass cleaning cloths are also great for keeping your taps and tiles shiny. Always wash the cloths on a hot wash and never use fabric softener as it can ruin the cloths’ absorbency.”
How To Choose The Right Glass Cleaning Cloth?
These are some points to keep in mind while choosing a glass cleaning cloth.
- Water absorbency: The first thing to keep in mind while selecting a glass cleaning cloth is to check how much water the cloth can absorb. A cloth with high absorbency provides cleaner surfaces and does not leave any smudge or strain. These cleaning cloths can be washed for regular use.
- Material used: The material used is another important factor. Glasses require special care and cleaning cloths made of microfiber are the best. They are soft, super absorbent, and have the tensile strength to clean grime, dust, and fingerprints.
- Washable: Another key feature to consider is that the cloth should be either hand-washable or machine-washable. The cleaning cloth accumulates a lot of dirt and grime and needs to be cleaned regularly. Once washed, they can be used multiple times for spotless cleaning.
- Size: Glass cleaning clothes of different sizes are available in the market. It is important to choose the right size for your cleaning purpose. Window panes will require large cleaning clothes while a small-sized cleaning cloth will suffice for spectacles, iPhone, iPad, camera lenses, etc.
Why Trust MomJunction?
After careful research and analysis, we have curated this list of the best glass cleaning cloths. These cleaning cloths have been chosen after going through numerous user reviews and ratings on several trustworthy websites to ensure quality and easy usage. We have also included an informative buying guide and offered some tips on how to choose the right product based on factors such as material, absorbency, and maintenance.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Will a cloth scratch glass?
Yes, using a dry or rough glass cleaning cloth can scratch glass. Instead, choose a glass cleaning cloth made of microfiber with an ultra-soft texture and do a test run before wiping the whole surface.
2. Can I use paper towels for cleaning glass?
Paper towels can attract dust and scratch your glass while cleaning them. Besides, they are not a sustainable and eco-friendly option.
3. What is a glass cleaning cloth called?
They are also known as “microfiber cleaning cloths” because of their material.
4. Can a glass cleaning cloth be used on mirrors?
Mirrors are glass that is metallically coated with silver or aluminum on one side. Therefore, you can use a glass-cleaning cloth to clean mirrors.
While glass windows, doors, and furniture look sophisticated and stylish, maintaining them can be challenging. Scratches may occur due to rough handling or cleaning them with the wrong material. Our list of the best glass cleaning cloths includes various options to help you understand the available products and their features. When choosing the right one, consider its durability, material, and usability for effective cleaning. Moreover, the cloth should be of the right size and absorbent enough to wipe liquids, oils, tough dirt and more easily. So, make your glass windows and other objects shine with a suitable glass cleaning cloth and stay worry-free.
Infographic: Points To Consider When Cleaning Glass Surfaces
Besides using glass-friendly soft fabric cloths to clean glass, adhering to other essential precautions can reduce the risk of streaks and surface damage to a great extent. So, check out the following infographic to learn how to clean glass surfaces.