Stay hydrated and healthy throughout the day with our list of the best glass water bottles. Glass water bottles are BPA-free, leak-proof, and easy to use and maintain. Whether you store drinks, juice, or water, they don’t leave a residue in these bottles. Eco-friendly and durable, these bottles are a healthy and safe alternative to plastic bottles and can help you meet your daily hydration needs. Choosing an expert-recommended bottle that is right for you may not be easy as they come with different features and several designs and sizes. So, check out the list to know more.
11 Best Glass Water Bottles To Stay Hydrated And Healthy In 2023
Get your hands on the Ello glass water bottle and stop worrying about breakage. This bottle comes with a silicone sleeve that protects the glass against cracks and chips and offers a good grip. Its one-touch flip lid locks securely and prevents leakage, and the tiny yet convenient handle allows for easy carrying of the bottle. Further, the consumer-favorite bottle is certified BPA-free, made of glass, and is also odor-free, stain-free, and dishwasher-safe. Have a look at a tester’s experience in this review video to learn more about the product.
- Clean-tasting drinking water
- Made of FDA-approved food-grade silicone
- No need to remove the protective silicone sleeve for cleaning
- Available in seven colors
- Might not be lightweight
- Mouth may not be wide enough for some
Carry drinking water or juice conveniently while hiking, going to the beach, or working out with the Purifyou portable glass hydration vessel. Made of borosilicate glass, this reusable water bottle is BPA-free, non-toxic, and eco-conscious. The widely tried-and-tested bottle features food-grade, impact-resistant silicone sleeves that offer a good non-slip grip.
Additionally, it comes with an O-ring handle for a comfortable grip and has measurement markings on the sleeves to let you know your water intake. The bottle is available in 12oz, 22oz, and 32oz sizes with different colored sleeves and caps. Here is an informative review video that tells you more about this drinking vessel.
- Easy to clean
- Fits into a standard car beverage holder
- Available in six colors
- Opening might be a little narrow
- Silicone gasket may seem thin
3. Best With Heat-Proof Sleeve: JoyJolt Borosilicate Glass Water Bottle
The JoyJolt borosilicate glass bottle is nine inches tall with a 2.75-inch bottle mouth and can carry 20 oz of liquid. The large opening makes it convenient to add ice or fresh fruits to flavor your drinking water. It has a heat-proof silicone protective sleeve and a strap that makes it easy to carry and fasten the bottle to your bag. Additionally, the bamboo lid has a leak-proof stainless steel screw-top. Offered in 12 colors, choose the one that suits your style the best and enjoy.
- Dishwasher safe
- Heat-safe bottle
- Foldable carry strap
- BPS-, PVS-, and BPA-free
- May not be sweat-proof
- Lid may not be dishwasher-safe
Best With Heat-Proof Sleeve
|Ello Glass Water Bottle||Purifyou Glass Water Bottle||JoyJolt Borosilicate Glass Water Bottle|
|Material||Glass, Silicone||Borosilicate Glass||Borosilicate Glass|
|Weight||1.26 pounds||1.19 pounds||1.01 pounds|
|Dimensions||2.75"W x 10.75"H||3.46"W x 8"H||2.75"W x 9"H|
|Buy Now||Buy Now||Buy Now|
Temperature- and break-resistant glass bottles are always preferable because they offer you the convenience of carrying hot water or cold water. Here is the Veegoal glass water bottle specially designed with borosilicate glass that is resistant to cracks and temperature. It has a protective non-slip silicone sleeve available in different colors, and a screw-type bamboo lid. In addition, the bottle features a stainless-steel cap with a carrying strap. It is free of BPA, PVC, BPS, lead, odor, and stain and is dishwasher-safe.
- Ergonomically designed
- Leak-proof and clean-tasting
- 90-day lid guarantee
- Opening might be a little narrow
- Silicone sleeve might be a little difficult to remove and clean
How about a motivational glass bottle? The Probttl glass water bottle is uniquely designed with borosilicate glass and has measurement markings and words that inspire you to drink a good amount of water and stay hydrated. This motivational glass water bottle has a heat resistance of 150°C and cold resistance of –20°C. The durable glass water bottle features a mess-free and spill-free mouth, a leak-proof bamboo lid, a convenient carrying strap, and a non-slip silicone sleeve. Furthermore, the shatter-resistant and reusable glass vessel is BPA-free, PVC-free, BPS-free, lead-free, and cadmium-free. For more information about the product, click this video.
- 32 oz capacity
- No chemical taste or smell
- Available in various colors
- Bamboo lid might not be dishwasher-safe
- Might be heavier than expected
Here’s a glass water bottle with a flip cap that allows you to sip-n-drink as well as pour out the contents at a high-flow rate. The 22oz wide-mouth glass vessel makes it easier to add ice cubes and roughly cut ingredients to make infused waters. Furthermore, the glass infuser bottle is also equipped with a durable, colorful, and stylish silicone sleeve to ensure a non-slip grip. The cap can be interchanged with other Lifefactory bottles for added versatility.
- Comfortable to hold
- Easy to clean and maintain
- Cap may not close securely
- Handle on the lid may not be highly durable
Keep yourself hydrated while on the move with the Zulu glass water bottle. This leak-proof glass bottle is specially engineered for athletes, made of thick glass material and a silicone sleeve. It features a single push-button lid opening, and the cap with a small loop helps you carry the water bottle with ease. Furthermore, the bottle is dishwasher-safe, stain-resistant, and BPA-free.
- 20 oz capacity
- No-slip grip
- Spring-loaded cap
- Lock feature
- Might not be lightweight
- Might be a little difficult to clean
Kablo’s transparent glass water bottle is uniquely made using dishwasher-safe and corrosion-resistant borosilicate glass material and features a stainless steel screw-type cap. Additionally, it is resistant to thermal shock, making it safe for storing both cold and hot water. This glass bottle has undergone rigorous quality testing and is available in 32oz and 21oz.
- Wide opening
- Free of BPA, BPS, phthalate, lead, and cadmium
- Fits into standard size cup holders
- No contaminants
- Silicone sleeve not included
- Might be a little taller than expected
Try the SquireMe glass water bottle specially designed with a patented cap; turn the cap to 120 degrees, and it is off. You can safely use this lightweight glass hydration bottle to carry hot and cold beverages. It is BPA-free, BPS-free, phthalate-free, cadmium-free, and non-toxic. Additionally, the dishwasher-safe borosilicate glass bottle comes with a removable food-grade silicone sleeve.
- Thermally stable
- Elegant design
- 1.5-inch opening
- Leak-proof and odor-less
- Available in various colors
- May not feature a large capacity
- Cap might not be drop-proof
Keep track of your daily water intake with the Goppus glass water bottle. This reusable water bottle is BPA-free, dishwasher-safe, and microwave-safe. It comes with two lid caps: flip-top lid and straw lid. In addition, the water bottle also has a silicone sleeve, a carrying strap, and a lid-locking mechanism to prevent leaks. This BPA-free glass container has a heat resistance of 150°C and cold resistance of -20°C.
- One-touch opening
- Straight mouth design
- Time marker and water capacity marker available
- Available in various colors
- Might not fit in some cup holders
- Water might not stay cold for long
Xtremeglas brings you a glass bottle with a time-inscribed body to help you monitor and increase your water intake during intense workouts. Its silicone o-ring-equipped and food-grade stainless steel lid provides a snug closure and keeps the content from leaking. Its cap also comes with a nylon loop to help you carry the bottle in a carefree yet safe manner. This bottle is protected by a silicone sleeve and is versatile enough to hold tea, coffee, juice, and essential oil-infused drinks.
- Insulated silicone sleeve
- Available in multiple colors
- Inscriptions might fade after a few washes
- May not withstand rough use
How To Choose The Right Glass Water Bottle?
Consider these crucial factors while choosing a glass water bottle.
- Design and durability: Glass bottles are more prone to breakage than plastic or other metal bottles. But this should not stop you from buying a glass bottle. Look for glass bottles that come with protective sleeves and can withstand the test of time.
- Cleaning: You must clean the bottles regularly to maintain hygiene. Some glass bottles available on the market are hand-washable, while some are dishwasher-safe. So, check the cleaning method prescribed by the manufacturer and choose the right one that is easy to wash.
- Size and weight: Usually, glass bottles are much heavier than plastic and metal bottles. They are often available in different sizes, anywhere between 14oz to 32oz. Thus, smartly pick a glass bottle that is easy to carry while commuting.
- Lid type: Pick a glass water bottle that comes with a leak-proof lid. You may choose refillable glass water bottles with flip-top lids that are ideal for outdoor activities and sports activities or screw lid types that facilitate easy refilling.
- Mouth: Generally, glass bottles are designed with a narrow or wide mouth. Choose a glass bottle that offers a convenient opening for refilling but is not large enough to cause spills.
Alaina Bullock, a long-time product reviewer and blogger Alaina Bullock, says, “Select a glass water bottle that comes with an insulated sleeve. An insulated sleeve will not only help prevent possible cracks or scratches but also help keep your beverage cold or warm.”
Why Trust MomJunction?
Our writer and reviewer, Wedetso Chirhah, utilizes his in-depth expertise to conduct thorough research on products from various sources, enabling readers to choose the optimal options. The best glass water bottles he has listed here are BPA-free, eco-friendly, durable, and offer a good and comfortable grip to help you carry them anywhere, from the gym to work, and meet your daily hydration needs. Moreover, Wedetso has also provided the pros and cons of each best-selling product after going through its features and reviews. Lastly, he has also furnished useful tips on buying the right glass water bottle.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. How long can water be stored in glass bottles?
Bottled water does not have an expiry date if it is properly closed and kept away from direct sunlight (1).
2. What is the healthiest water bottle to use?
Glass and stainless steel bottles that are certified free of BPA, PVC, lead, and cadmium are considered healthy options.
3. What kind of glass bottle is unbreakable?
Borosilicate glass bottles are less prone to breakage than other glass bottles because they are more resistant to thermal shock than the others.
4. Is it good to drink water from a glass bottle?
Yes, glass bottles prevent contamination and keep the drinking water fresh for a longer duration than other types of bottles.
5. Can I use glass water bottles for daily use?
Yes, you can use glass water bottles daily because they are safe, eco-friendly, and easy to clean.
Glass water bottles are not only better for the environment than plastic ones, but they also make the experience of drinking water a more pleasurable one. If you are looking for break-resistant water bottles, choose those made of borosilicate glass. The water bottles by Oneisall and Goppus on this list are the perfect heat-and cold-resistant bottles. On the other hand, if you are looking for glass water bottles that help you keep track of your water intake, the bottles by Purifyou, Yomious, and Sursip are ideal. Also, when choosing a glass water bottle, consider factors such as durability, hygiene, and whether or not it is leak-proof.
Infographic: What Are The Advantages Of Using Glass Water Bottles?
Glass water bottles have become increasingly popular among health-conscious individuals due to their numerous benefits. They are eco-friendly, reusable, and do not contain harmful chemicals commonly found in plastic bottles. Check out the following infographic to discover the unique benefits of using a glass water bottle.
- Bottled Water: Questions and Answers
- Steel, Glass, and/or Plastic Bottles: What is the best choice?