If you need to fix cracks and bind broken glass surfaces, you can check out our list of the best glues for glass to find a suitable one. Gluing glass can seem like an easy deal, but that’s only a possibility if you have the right one to do the job. Glass glue is an adhesive designed to use in art and crafts or for efficiently putting together broken glass objects quickly. So, you can easily fix your favorite glass or craft project with the glues listed below.
With various options available, choosing the right glue can be challenging. So keep scrolling to find one that’s suitable for you.
Types Of Glue For Glass
Here are the types of glue for glass available in the market.
- Superglues: These are cyanoacrylate adhesives useful in sticking anything. They are excellent at repairing small chips and cracks. Super glues are a choice for interior glass fixes that do not experience high moisture or temperature levels.
- Silicone adhesives: They are the most preferred choice of glass glue that are easy to apply, waterproof, and flexible. With gel-like consistency, they can be used as a sealant in window frames and aquariums.
- Epoxy adhesives: They include hardener and resin that should be mixed. Epoxy glues make potent adhesives highly effective in repairing glasses. They are long-lasting, ultra-hard, and heat-resistant.
11 Best Glues For Glass
1. Best Quick-Drying: Araldite Clear Epoxy Adhesive For Glass
Araldite’s long-lasting, strong, and water-resistant adhesive is designed for professional glass bonding. The solvent-free two-component epoxy glue mixes instantly and is quick to dry and set. This tried-and-tested glue gives the best results when applied on slightly rough surfaces. Resistant to extreme temperatures, this is the ideal glue for bonding glass-to-glass, glass-to-metal, glass-to-wood, and more.
- Provides crystal-clear bond
- Sets in five minutes
- Multi-use application
- Easy to use
- Might turn yellow when exposed to the sun
- Tube may be hard to squeeze
With a dry surface time of around six minutes, this waterproof glue makes a multipurpose option to bond different types of materials, such as glass, metal, jewelry, ceramics, and more. It has a high elasticity that improves the life of the load-bearing structure. As per reviews, the design of the tube allows small yet high-performance adhesive drops for controlled and precise application. This video will give you a better insight into this glass glue product.
- Soft and transparent
- Safe for the skin
- Needle design to prevent gagging
- May not be easy to out of tube
- May not be quick-drying
3. Best Latex-Free: Bazic Silicone Glue
The Bazic Products silicone-based glue works as a waterproof sealant, making it suitable for areas prone to moisture exposure. Its bottle features a handy structure with a dropper top for easy application to various surfaces, including glass, plastic, craft wood, or paper. The bonding agent comes with a rapid drying time and sticks well to oil- and dust-free surfaces. Liked by many reviewers, this all-purpose silicone adhesive is suitable for use in the kitchen, bath, or study room to create artwork or fix things around.
- Adjustable nozzle
- Creates a long-lasting and durable bond
- May have a cloudy appearance after drying
- Some may not find the quantity sufficient
Araldite Clear Epoxy Adhesive For Glass
Cat Palm B-7000 Multipurpose Adhesive
Bazic Silicone Glue
|Wood, Glass, Cardboard, Ceramic, Leather, Plastic, Metal, Rubber
|1 x 3 x 4 inches
|5.51 x 4.33 x 1.18 inches
|1.75 x 6.25 x 1.75 inches
|0.9oz x 2
4. Best Weather-Resistant: Gorilla Max Strength Clear Construction Adhesive
The Gorilla max strength clear construction adhesive dries clear and is ideal for indoor and outdoor tasks. It is composed of a hybrid technology that can bond glass, ceramic, tiles, marble, and even wet surfaces. Its waterproof formula is easy to dispense and can be used to fill gaps and bond different materials. Moreover, the multipurpose, glass adhesive can also be used to bond heavy-duty outdoor materials, as the glue formula is strong enough to sustain extreme weather conditions.
- Versatile formula
- Can be used on rough and uneven surfaces
- Easy to dispense
- Has a paintable finish
- May take a long time to cure
- Might drip if not used carefully
Seal the cracks with this commercial-grade glass repair kit that is formulated to instantly bond glass, wood, and metal surfaces. It provides resistance against extreme heat, shock, moisture, vibrations, and impacts. The glass repair kit with specialized glue ensures mess-free edge-to-edge bonding. Watch this testing video to learn more about the product.
- Ensures fast, strong, and tough bonding
- Secure twist cap
- Works on porous and non-porous surfaces
- Triple-distilled adhesive
- May not bond plastic and lead as expected
- May have a thin consistency
6. Best Elasticity: Bulaien B-7000 Glue
With a stretchability rate of 900%, the industrial-grade B-7000 glue offers immense elasticity, enabling diverse projects. Additionally, this versatile glue is intended to attach a broad range of materials and surfaces, such as plastic, paper, wood, glass, and more. With its quick-drying feature, the glass sealant is ideal for a number of applications, including craft and repair work.
- Transparent and clear
- Anti-clog needle-based cap
- Leaves no residue
- Viscosity may be inconsistent
- May have a long curing period
The super glue for glass promises strong bonds for different surfaces, including wood, metal, ceramic, leather, and rubber. It offers a balance between working time and drying time and allows you to complete your tasks quickly and effortlessly. The extended tip and cap make it easy to apply an even layer of glue and also help increase its shelf life. This waterproof glue works on porous, foam, silicone, and non-porous objects.
- Quick-drying formula
- Safe twist cap
- Waterproof and non-expanding
- Withstands changes in temperatures
- May drip
- May not dry clear
Loctite adhesive helps you bond glass-to-glass, glass-to-metal, crystals, and opaque glasses with ease. This crystal-clear transparent glue is designed to instantly bond glass with different surfaces and leave your precious glass items as good as new. It is available in an easy-to-use tube with a narrow nozzle for precise and perfect application, making this glass glue product testing feasible.
- Dries clear
- Versatile application
- Waterproof formula
- Opening of the tube may be slightly large
It is a strong adhesive that adheres to the most rigid surfaces, such as glass, metal, stone, and ceramics. This epoxy glue sets clear for permanent repair, and makes a useful application in cases where the adhesive should not be visible. Each pack consists of two 20ml tubes that should be mixed in equal proportions.
- Adheres to ornaments, granite, and more
- Dries crystal clear
- Sets quickly
- Resists oils and petrol
- May have a rubbery texture after drying
- May not have instructions
Damn Good adhesive is a wonderful choice for repairing glass, plastic, wood, and metal surfaces. It can bond, build, fix, and fill anything. Quick to fix and dry, this product uses a 395nm LED UV light source for activating. As per reviewers, the versatile glue is easy to use and can also be filed, sanded, and painted once fully cured.
- Ideal for filling gaps both vertically or horizontally
- Safe for plumbing repairs
- Easy to use
- May have a thick consistency
- Quantity may be less
The HG Power glue offers remarkable bonding power and is formulated to form a strong bond between items that belong together. This chemical combination takes only a few seconds to set and promises weatherproof, waterproof, and heat-resistant glue bonding. It can be used for modeling, strengthening, bonding, and filling different surfaces.
- Safe to store in a freezer
- Compatible with rubber, glass, wood, and metal
- Cold- and heat-resistant
- Bonded area is safe to be sanded and cured
- May be less suitable for plastic
Things To Consider While Choosing A Glue For Glass
Here are some points to keep in mind to choose the best glue for glass.
- Drying time: Some glues instantly set and cure while some take a few hours to days. Epoxies can take up to seven days to fix, and silicone adhesives can take 24 hours or more based on the intensity of repair. Choose a suitable glue depending on the material you are attempting to fuse together.
- Waterproofing: Epoxies may be water-resistant or waterproof. Superglues are mostly water-resistant. Silicone adhesive sealants make popular choices for surfaces that require a long-lasting waterproofing solution.
- Bond strength: Make sure the surfaces to be stuck together are free of dirt and oil to make the repair job easy. Also, only apply a small amount of glue to just one of the two surfaces to avoid dripping.
- Resistance against temperature: Look for adhesives that can sustain extreme temperatures if you plan to use them on surfaces exposed to heat.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Is there any special glue made for glass?
Yes, all the glues meant for working with glass have a common feature—crystal clear texture to match the transparency of the glass for a neat finish—while ensuring a strong bond.
2. Which type of glue dries clear on glass?
Most glass-appropriate glues with epoxy—a colorless resin—or UV-curing acrylic resins as their base tend to give an invisible bond.
3. How can I glue glass to glass permanently?
Here’s how you can use glass glue adequately to provide a long-lasting bond:
- Make sure the surfaces to be stuck together are free of dirt and oil
- Less is more; apply a small amount of glue only to one of the two surfaces
- Align the glass adequately and gently press the bond for a few minutes; keep it in sunlight in case of UV-curing glue
- Let it dry as per the instructions given by the manufacturer
- Once dry, shave off the excess glue with a blade if required
Why Trust MomJunction?
Decorative items or household products made of glass are fragile, and fixing these glass products with a common adhesive might be challenging. In this article, we bring you a list of the best glues for glass products, selected after researching various websites and online user reviews. We also provide you with all the information you need to make the right choice while purchasing one.
Since regular glue may not produce the results you expect when fixing glass, you need the best glues for glass. You must consider a few essential features when buying glue for this particular purpose and ensure the glue’s drying time is appropriate–it should not take forever as it may lose its basic structure. Hence, our top picks include the Araldite Clear Epoxy Adhesive, a quick-drying formula, and the Gorilla Max Strength Clear Construction Adhesive that dries clear. We also recommend the commercial-grade Rhino Heavy Duty Glue for its versatility. When buying glue, it would help if you learned about the bonding strength and composition of the glue before finalizing your purchase.
Infographic: Factors To Consider When Choosing The Right Adhesive For Glass
Thanks to the glue specially made for glass, you can quickly fix your broken glass artifacts and windows. As it dries transparent, it leaves invisible bonds that can work with tinted, stained, and decorated crystal glass. With suitable glue, you can quickly repair glass of any kind. Read our infographic to learn more about choosing the right adhesive for glass to ensure it meets your needs.