Gold face masks are all the rage right now, but they have existed since the time of Queen Cleopatra, who was believed to have slept with a golden mask on her face every night. The best gold face masks provide you with several benefits, and thus, we bring you a list of the best options you can choose from.
Gold is one of the most popular cosmetic ingredients known for increasing collagen production. When infused in face masks, it can leave you with younger and firmer-looking skin while reducing the appearance of wrinkles or fine lines. So, pick one from this list to keep your skin fresh and prevent premature aging.
10 Best Gold Face Masks
This peel-off mask acts as a blackhead remover and a deep cleansing, purifying face and nose mask. It helps reduce pores, absorbs excess oil, and gently exfoliates the skin, leaving your skin fresh and glowing.
- Loosens the porous structure of the skin, enhancing its absorption capacity
- Has anti-aging and anti-wrinkle properties
- Contains avenasativa extracts that have anti-inflammatory properties
- Reduce acne scars
- Not recommended for sensitive skin
- Strong odor might be off-putting for some
- Might be a tad sticky
Formulated with real 24K gold foil, this facial mask acts as an anti-aging skin care solution. The other beneficial ingredients like vitamin E in the product leave your skin hydrated.
- Nourishes, hydrates, brightens, and revitalizes the skin
- Reduces fine lines and wrinkles on mature skin as well
- Provides intensive moisture when used overnight
- Suitable for most skin types
- Might irritate sensitive skin
- Odor may be unpleasant for some
The gold facial mask, with its collagen-boosting formula, helps reduce wrinkles and fine lines. It has anti-inflammatory properties and is ideal for treating skin problems like blemishes, acne scars, and dry skin.
- Delivers healthy and glowing skin by naturally moisturizing the skin
- Restores the skin’s elasticity
- Removes toxins from the skin
- Regulates oil production
- Removes blackheads
- Makes the skin look smooth and shiny
- The odor may be off-putting for some
Infused with 24K gold, colloidal gold, and caffeine, this anti-aging mask provides an opulent glow while making the skin look firmer. It contains an exquisite gemstone that is rich in magnesium, which helps re-energize the skin and also reduces the signs of aging.
- Lifts, firms, and brightens the skin
- Contains hyaluronic acid and glycerin to provide intense hydration
- Makes the skin look plumper and more lifted.
- Suitable for all skin types.
- A bit expensive
This golden powder contains 24K active gold, propolis, vegetal ferment, and ossein, which are proven to rejuvenate and refresh the skin naturally. You may mix it with honey or milk for the best results.
- Provides hydration and repairs the skin cells
- Makes the skin look softer and smoother
- Comes packaged in a resealable pack
- Easy to use
- Results may take time to show
Formulated with a soothing gel, this gold mask moisturizes and revitalizes dull and fatigued skin. The collagen and gold in the mask help fight aging signs like wrinkles and fine lines, leaving the skin smooth and soft.
- Easy-to-use face mask
- Protects the skin from the damage caused by free radicals
- Hydrolyzed collagen enables deep penetration
- Contains sodium hyaluronate for skin moisturization
- Niacinamide in the mask repairs skin cells
- Contains adenosine, which energizes the skin and evens out the skin tone
- Might not stick well on the face
- Size might not fit everyone
This gold mask contains collagen and organic extracts that help in removing toxins from the skin. The 24K gold brightens the skin by reducing tan, while the jojoba oil and seaweed reduces signs of aging.
- Targets signs of aging while removing deep-rooted impurities
- Leaves the skin firm and glowy
- Contains cactus flower and purslane extracts that help in cell regeneration
- Contains collagen that improves skin elasticity
- Comes with a silicone spatula that enables easy application
- Free of parabens and not tested on animals
- Might take time to dry
- Odor might be unpleasant for some
This peel-off mask is formulated with peptides and other special ingredients that reduce wrinkles and other aging signs on the skin. It also removes dead cells, gives you smooth and soft skin, and makes the skin firm and tight. It is best suited for combination and oily skin.
- Enhances the skin’s elasticity and firmness
- Protects the skin by providing the required moisture
- Improves the appearance of the skin by rejuvenating the cells
- Helps reduce acne and provides a glossy finish to the skin
- Contains allantoin, which heals damaged skin cells
- Contains caffeine that helps improve skin cells
- Contains panthenol for moisture retention
- Contains X-50 Antiaging to prevent signs of aging
- Might be hard to remove
- Not recommended for dry skin
This facial mask treats the skin from infections, helps reduce acne, and boosts cell renewal. It also stimulates collagen production, thus reducing the appearance of wrinkles and fine lines.
- Improves microcirculation of the skin, leaving it refreshed and energized
- Provides an opulent and radiant glow to the skin
- Inhibits the breakdown of elastin, making the skin look firmer
- Comes with a free brush for hands-free application of the mask
- Takes time to show the desired results
This facial sheet mask claims to provide glowing skin in 20 minutes. The radiance mask has components that penetrate deep into the skin to provide nourishment and hydration. The mask also provides a radiant glow while smoothening the skin.
- Contains peptides that improve skin elasticity
- Reduces the appearance of wrinkles and fine lines
- Easy to apply
- Free of parabens, sulfates, and artificial dyes
- Might leave residues on the skin.
- Drippy essence of the sheet makes it hard to keep the mask in place
- Not suitable for sensitive skin
Types Of Gold Facial Masks
There are a variety of gold masks that are popular for their anti-aging properties. They are widely used in the cosmetic industry. However, there are different types of gold masks that you need to know before buying one.
- Gold face pack: The product is available as a face pack in a creamy texture. It needs to be applied all over the face, and once it dries up, typically takes 15-20 minutes, you need to rinse it with water. It is best when used as the last step in a facial.
- Gold sheet mask: Thishas become popular of late. The mask is a ready-to-use sheet, which needs to be placed on the face for the recommended time. The one-time use product is perfect for when you are on the go.
- Gold peel-off mask: This looks similar to a gold face pack. The peel-off mask dries to form a thin layer that should be peeled from the skin, instead of rinsing. Apply it like a regular face pack, let it dry completely, and gently peel it off to get the best results. This mask, besides providing the regular benefits of a gold mask, also removes whiteheads, blackheads, and dead skin, leaving the skin neat and clean.
- Golden power pack: Available in powder form, the product needs to be mixed with water or the recommended solution to form a paste. Apply it on the face, let it dry, and then rinse it with water. The powder pack might have a long shelf life compared to a ready-made gold face pack.
How To Apply Gold Face Mask
There are different types of gold face masks, each requiring a different application process. Therefore, it is recommended to follow the instructions on the product to know the application process. However, a common procedure on using the gold face masks is provided below.
- Clean your face with warm water before applying the mask. This helps open up the pores to absorb the benefits of the product.
- Apply the gold pack or mask on your face evenly, barring your eyes, under eyes, and lips.
- Let it dry for the recommended time, usually 15-20 minutes.
- Rinse with water to remove it.
- Do not use any soap or face wash immediately after removing the mask. It will rip off the benefits of the pack.
Possible Benefits Of Using Gold Masks
Listed below are the various benefits of using gold masks.
- Helps prevent premature aging: Collagen, which helps in maintaining the elasticity of the skin, decreases with age. The gold present in gold masks increases the production of collagen, which then restores the elastin fibers and reduces the signs of aging.
- Might reduce wrinkles: By activating the basal cells of the skin, gold increases the elasticity of the skin and reduces wrinkles and fine lines.
- Helps with skin inflammation: The antibacterial and anti-inflammatory properties of gold increase oxygen supply to the skin, thus reducing allergies and acne eruptions on the skin.
- Reduces sun damage: Pigmentation caused due to sun exposure can be treated with gold, which reduces the amount of melanin in the skin. It lightens the skin and gives it a natural glow.
- Might make the skin firmer: Gold helps restore the skin’s elasticity, making the skin tighter and firmer. Regular use of gold masks thus improves the skin’s texture.
Choosing The Right Gold Mask For Your Skin
The range of gold masks available in the market might sometimes confuse us. However, choosing the one that best suits your skin and requirement is important to get the desired results from the gold mask. Below are a few things you need to consider to get the right gold facial mask.
- Skin type: Choose a gold mask based on your skin type. Unless the package says that it is suitable for all skin types, you cannot use the gold mask.
- Desired effect: Gold masks can be used to provide instant glow, reduce aging signs, improve the skin’s elasticity, and reduce Hence, depending on what you’re looking for, choose the pack that claims to provide the desired result.
- Type of mask: Gold masks are available in different types—face pack, peel-off mask, sheet masks, and gold powder. Depending on your comfort and convenience, choose the one that suits you.
- Ingredients used: Besides gold, there are other ingredients added to the masks to provide various benefits. Have a look at the contents of the pack to know what exactly the mask does. If you have sensitive skin, it is better to choose a non-chemical-based mask.
- Quality of gold used: Not all gold masks contain the purest form of gold. Using the masks with average quality gold may not provide the desired benefits. Hence, choose a mask that is proven to provide the benefits by considering the brand image, customer reviews, and other factors.
Tips To Get The Most Out Of Your Gold Face Mask
Here are some simple tips that could help you get the best out of your gold mask.
- Choose the right mask that suits your skin type.
- Before applying the mask, make sure your skin is clean.
- It is recommended to apply the product with a brush instead of your hand.
- Apply a thin coat of product evenly across the face, barring the eyes, under eyes, and lips.
- Follow the recommended time strictly. Leaving the mask for a prolonged time might not alter the results, but make it difficult to remove.
- Unless prescribed, do not rinse your face thoroughly after removing the gold mask.
- For a sheet type mask, wear it overnight for the best results.
Frequently Asked Questions
- How long should the gold facial mask stay on my skin?
This should be as per the instructions given on the face mask pack. Typically, 15-20 minutes is the recommended time.
- How often can I use a gold facial mask?
Depending on your skin’s sensitivity, you need to choose the frequency of usage. For normal skin, 2-3 times a month is ideal.
- Are gold facial masks best for certain skin types?
The suitability of a particular mask would be mentioned on the product, based on which you need to pick the one that suits your skin type. However, a few products are not recommended for sensitive skin and those with infections and inflammations.
From choosing the right gold face mask to applying it, do exercise a little caution to get the best results. People with sensitive skin need to be extra careful while choosing as well as using the face mask. If you like the outcome of a particular product, use it once a week to get better results. For any further doubts on gold masks, feel free to comment below.
- Best Face Masks For Open Pores
- Best Peel Off Face Masks
- Best Clay Masks For Dry Skin
- Best Eye Masks For Dark Circles