Just as women have different golf bags, attire, and clubs, they have a separate variety of golf balls designed for them. But why can’t men and women use the same ball?
It may sound sexist, but it is just physics. The impact that a golfer’s swing has on the ball makes all the difference in the game. Women usually tend to have slower swing speeds when compared to men, and it is important that they have a ball that has lower resistance. Hence, the golf balls for women are designed to be softer than men’s golf balls, which are harder and have a higher wing speed compared to women’s golf balls.
Whether you are a budding golfer or enjoy playing the game during the weekends, the right kind of golf ball can help make or break your game. Here, MomJunction gives you a curated list of the best golf balls for women.
15 Best Golf Balls For Women
Customized to meet the needs of the women golfers, Wilson’s superior quality women’s golf balls have a high energy core. The unique dimple texture of the ball lowers its air resistance and enables it to fly faster towards the target.
- Effective for slow swingers
- Great for beginners
- Travels longer distance
- Might affect speed due to soft covers
The 2017 Lady Precept Golf Balls are specifically designed for moderate swing speed and also claims to be the softest golf ball for women. The ball has an optimized carry and spin movement, and the core is designed to deliver long distances.
- Comes in white, pink, and yellow
- Color variety increases the visibility
- High control and travels a high distance
- Softer cover might affect its durability
The softcover affects the speed of the ball and allows it to cover a longer distance. The ball moves in full swing along, offering a playable short game feel. The dimpled design of the ball ensures high flight and carries the ball a long way.
- Covers longer distance
- Low game spin to maintain control over the ball
- Flight stability for covering a long distance
- No durability
- Softcover might crack the ball
The super active titanium core maximizes the transfer of energy and lets the ball travel longer distances. The dimpled design increases the lift and decreases the drag for higher and longer shorts. They are designed for consistent flight and high performance.
- Super reactive
- Enhanced performance
- High velocity
- Not for professionals
- Might crack in half if hit forcefully
Made for professional female golf players, this golf ball is soft and travels long distances in less time. The energy transfer is seamless, so if you like high swing, this golf ball is the best choice.
- Gains distance quickly
- Well-constructed with 338 dimpled patterns
- Lower drag coefficient
- Allows consistent and accurate shots
- Softcover might affect its durability
Low compression balls have the tendency to travel higher distances, yet a few cannot. However, Callaway’s golf balls for women travel longer and at a great height. Also, the golfers get ball control, which impacts their game.
- Softer feel
- Travel more distances
- May not be as soft as mentioned
These metallic balls look adorable and hit better than the softer balls. The core of the golf balls for women is extremely strong and flexible. The dimpled design provides superior control and force. Their metallic color makes them high visibility.
- High visibility
- Better shots
- Superior control and force
- Enhanced performance
- Not for a professional game
The women’s golf ball is engineered to perform consistently. The improved aerodynamics help in traveling higher distances. The gradational compressions allow the soft ball to travel far and swiftly.
- Softer feel
- Engineered for better performance
- Travels longer distance
- May not be durable
Wilson golf balls for women are mostly preferred by professionals. The ball is quite responsive to the player, has a powerful spin, and has a stable flight.
- Low compression
- Low driver spin
- Flight stability
- No durability due to extra soft covers
These golf balls for women are designed for traveling maximum distances and enhanced performance. A complete blend of accuracy and distance, this ball is extremely soft and moves smoothly.
- Optimized distance and accuracy
- Soft feel
- Low compression for better swing speeds
- May not be as durable as the others
The matte finish golf ball for women travels longer distances in less time. Also, it is visible from a distance, thanks to the adorable colors it is available in. You can aim for a straight shot with this ball.
- Low compression golf balls tend to travel longer distances with ease
- Offers better control
- Improved short game spin
- May not be durable, as the ball cracks up in between
The golf balls for women by Volvik come in varied color options that have high visibility. The neon colors of the balls make them highly visible from a long distance. The matte finish of this golf ball for professional women players provides a superior feeling.
- 392 dimple structure
- Produces lower spin
- Mid-to-high ball height
- Comes in 11 colors
- Some of the colored balls may not be as visible as they claim
These women’s golf balls help you enhance your performance with their improved aerodynamics and stability in flight. The balls are soft, have low compression, and deliver long distances with ease.
- Improved performance
- Highly resilient
- HPC covering for durability
- Suits beginners and not professional players
These are among the best golf balls for beginners to help them enhance their skills. Graphics and color options allow easier visibility of the ball, while the dimpled structure is perfect for straight ball flights, for both whether beginners and experienced players.
- Varied color options and graphics
- Soft feel for better shots
- Higher lift and distance
- The balls are way too soft and may not last long
These women’s golf balls are known for their superior control and force. The soft cover of these balls has enhanced performance and offers lesser resistance. Their HEX design helps accelerate their aerodynamics.
- Value for money
- Gain extra distance
- Better to hit straight shots
- Might crack because of soft cover
How To Choose Golf Balls For Women?
When choosing golf balls for women, remember the below-mentioned points:
- You must look for golf balls that have a low compression rate and help you cover larger distances with ease.
- Choose dimpled balls over the plain ones, as the texture has an impact on distance. More the number, the more it travels!
- Go for colorful golf balls for higher visibility; these colored balls are more attractive too.
- If you are a beginner, avoid purchasing balls with an extra-spin. For low swing speed players, spin balls do not work well.
What To Avoid While Buying Golf Balls For Women?
Women golfers tend to avoid golf balls with an extra-spin, as the more the spin, the lesser the distance covered would be. So, players tend to look for balls with low spin, to avoid backspins, and increase their maximum distance.
Also, balls with a high spin are carried longer and may get out of control. The spinning golf balls suit professionals the most who know where to hit.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. How do colored golf balls help players?
Women’s golf balls usually come in vibrant colors, and they look attractive. Besides, they are used to identify their golf balls from other players in the golf course. Other than this, colored balls are more visible.
2. Am I the only one, or having a low speed is common?
Several players out there have low swing speed. Women, compared to men, have slower swing speeds and usually face problems in covering larger distances. Choosing a softer ball, therefore, helps to reach longer distances.
3. What is the best compression rate of golf balls for women?
Buying golf balls with a 45-70 compression rate could make the game easier for women, as these balls tend to travel longer distances.
4. Which golf balls can I use – hard or soft?
It is not necessary that all women use softer balls. If you have a high swing speed, go for hard ones, otherwise softer golf balls are a better option.
5. Can I use white balls more than colored ones?
You can choose white golf balls yet look for the qualities and that the balls are tailor-made for you. If you find the right white ball, buy it.
It is not mandatory for women golf players to play with softer balls. They can use the same balls used by male golfers, but to improve their game and get a better experience, the right accessories should be picked. So, pick a golf ball keeping in mind your strengths and weaknesses in the game.