Getting a great pair of golf rain gloves is essential if you are playing golf under rain or drizzle. They are made to give ultimate grip, prevent slipping of the club, and allow freehand movement. The gloves also protect your hands from bruises, calluses, and provide warmth on those cold rainy days. They are a lot comfortable than other gloves and help you perform well.
Read on as we list the best golf rain gloves and give you a few tips to select the right one for yourself.
13 Best Golf Rain Gloves
If you are looking for a pair of gloves with a rugged look, then these Finger Ten men’s gloves could be your pick. The back is made of high-quality synthetic leather that keeps the insulation intact. The Lycra spandex placed in the finger section enhances breathability and is like second skin. This pair of great gloves is flexible even on the worst rain struck days. It comes in different sizes of small, medium, large, and extra-large.
- Extremely lightweight
- 3D mesh design for high performance on wet days
- Padded thumb for enhanced grip
- Fits perfectly
- Ball marker included on the glove
- Easy to wash
- The ball marker may fade away
The FootJoy men’s golf gloves come with precise fit and comfort. They function better when the weather is humid and rainy. The autosuede knit palm provides an excellent grip during rainy days and maximum control over the club. Made from QuikDry II knit material, they are flexible and breathable. You get these gloves in different sizes from cadet to double extra-large.
- Removable ball marker
- Angled ComforTab closure for a perfect fit
- Tee holder may wear off with regular use.
The Grip Boost golf rain gloves are made of high-quality leather. They have a dimpled mesh design that keeps the hands cool and dry by preventing moisture build-up. These good quality golf gloves provide an improved grip on the club. They provide comfort and full control over the swing. The unique feature of these gloves are its perforations; each finger has minute perforations to keep the hand cool.
- Breathable and versatile
- Provides good padding for the hands
- Easy to wash
- Angled closure straps give a close fit
- May stretch excessively
- Mixed reviews on durability
These all-weather golf gloves are made of micro-suede palm with silicone for that extra hold over the club. The unique honeycomb silicone provides a good grip in all weather conditions. The nylon mesh at the back ensures ventilation and keeps the hands dry.
- Anti-slip grip for a secure hold
- Wrist band for moisture wicking
- Palm patch adds durability
- Thick gloves provide extra warmth
- Reinforced finger bands keep the fingers from twisting
- Mixed reviews on durability
The Callaway golf gloves are sold in pairs, and are convenient for both the hands, especially when the temperature is quite low. The opti fit closure provides an optimal fit.. The palm area is made of synthetic leather for superior grip in wet conditions. It does give a feeling of second skin because of the Opti therm inner lining material. You will get the gloves in different sizes from small to extra-large.
- Digitized leather palm for improved grip
- Opti shield microfiber outer shell repels water and protects against wind
- Thermal fleece lining keeps the hands warm
- Opti fit adjustable closure for a secure fit
- Some users found their gloves ripped with frequent use
If you are looking for the most striking pair of rain golf gloves, then this could be a pick. It has a distinct design with the 3D imprint and not to forget the pull tab. Made of nylon and thin microfiber suede material, the gloves are flexible and fit your hands perfectly. The stretch panels glide on smoothly giving you a second-skin feel.
- 40% stronger grip especially during wet days
- Grip zones for extra grip
- Breathable and anti-slip feature
- Provides the closest fit possible
- The seams might wear off
These superior quality gloves are comfortable and extremely lightweight. The main feature is the 3D performance mesh with moisture wicking properties. You can find them in a range of sizes from small to extra-large, and in dark gray and green shades.
- Versatile and breathable
- Allows free movement of the fingers
- Anti-slip feature offers improved grip on the club
- The seams may become loose
- May wear out quickly
The Orlimar men’s gloves come in various sizes and are suitable for a snowy or a rainy day. They are made of 100 percent waterproof material on the palm side. The premium polar fleece backing, provides extra warmth in cold rainy days.
- Hexagontextured palm gives a strong grip
- Velcro closure ensures an adjustable fit
- Breathable material
- Fit is true to the sizing guide
- Suitable for both left-handed and right-handed golfers
- The seams may wear off
If you are looking for a stylish and comfortable pair of gloves, then Srixon golf rain gloves could be your choice. The design is quite modern with an angled pull tab and elastic cuffs. The palm is made of microfiber suede for that grip boost. The back is made of advanced quick-dry knit material for easy drying, especially on cloudy days.
- Unmatched grip in all weather conditions
- Dry knit material fights rain and humidity
- Flexible and allows easy movement of your fingers
- Breathable and versatile
- Anti-slip feature for a firm hold
- Seams may become loose
The Hirzl leather golf glove is one of the best rain gloves for golf because of its high-quality material construction. The backhand is made of premium Cabretta (sheepskin leather) and airtech mesh, and the palm is made of airtech mesh and kangaroo leather. The structured and thick leather over the palm area provides a good grip over the club.
- 100% moisture-wicking palm
- Excellent control over the club
- Extra deep thumb cut design and the 45° pre-curved finger system gives you a good fit
- Protects against wear and tear
- May not be durable
The Nice Shot golf rain gloves are suitable for all weather conditions. You could play like a pro even if it is rainy or sunny. They are traditionally hand-cut and hand-stitched with premium AAA Cabretta leather and provide a snug fit. The small perforations enhance breathability and give you a superior comfort.
- Adjustable Velcro tab for a comfortable fit
- Bull’s eyeball marker saves your place while the opponent duffs the shot
- Lightweight and durable
- Water-resistant and sweat resistant
- Seams may come apart after continuous use
The Mazel pair of gloves is made of premium microfiber palm, and Lycra spandex back and fingers. The unique opti-fit adjustable closure offers good grip to handle the club. They improve your confidence levels with soft feel and full control features.
- Added durability
- Quick-drying comfort
- Perforations on the fingers for free airflow
- Moisture-wicking property
- Ultra-soft, thin, and lightweight
- The size may run small
The zero friction storm gloves, as the name suggests, do not cause any friction on the skin. They are made of microfiber suede and reinforced Lycra for a good fit. There is a leather patch engineered around the first finger. Each glove comes with a detachable ball marker and a tee.
- Black mesh Lycra at the back, palm and throughout the fingers provides breathabilty
- Offers maximum strength and durability
- Solid grip in wet and humid weather conditions
- Stretches to conform to your hands
- Thumb seams may loosen with continuous use
How To Choose The Right Golf Rain Gloves?
Here are some of the features to consider while selecting a pair of the best golf rain gloves.
- Material: Golf gloves are made of either synthetic leather or microfiber suede. The material is usually thin and allows golfers to enjoy their game. Other materials used are polyester that is easy to dry, and Cabretta leather, which has moisture-wicking properties. Gloves also contain elastane or Lycra for excellent grip and stretch.
- Grip: They should have a combination of anti-slip and anti-sweat features to avoid any mishap during the play.
- Size and fit: Buy gloves that fit your hand properly without being too loose or tight. Use the size guide manual to select the right size.
- Durability: Check the durability and reliability of the gloves for a longer use. Consider gloves made of premium materials such as synthetic leather, and reinforced stitching feature as they might last long.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Can I wear golf rain gloves when the weather is dry?
Glove selection mainly depends on the material and weather. For example, leather or microfiber suede gives you a better grip when it’s rainy. There are other materials such as Cabretta leather and polyester, which can be used anytime.
- Do I have to wear gloves on both hands while playing golf during wet weather conditions?
Generally, the glove is worn on the top hand for superior grip. This means the left-handed wear a glove on the right and right-handed wear a glove on the left. Most of the golfers do not wear both the gloves as it may loosen their grip. It will depend on the golfers and their comfort.
- Which materials are the most durable for waterproof golf gloves?
Durability of the gloves depends not just on the material but also manufacturing practices. However, synthetic leather does improve the durability of waterproof gloves. They are long-lasting alternatives to leather material.
For the effortless stroke and the trophy-winning performance, you need to consider many things before buying golf rain gloves. It is important to buy gloves that fit properly for a firm grip, so you can continue the game irrespective of the weather. We hope the above list with their pros and cons will be useful for you in making a purchase.