If you have ever been out golfing during summers, you would know well that wearing just about any shorts would not do the job. Golf involves certain movements, especially swinging the hips and shoulders to hit the clubs. The best golf shorts are tailored to enable these specific movements and not obstruct your game. If you have been looking to buy a time-tested pair of golf shorts, we bring you this list of the best-selling ones. Read on to know about these tried-and-trusted golf shorts available for you to purchase and play your best game.
13 Best Golf Shorts
1. Best Moisture-Wicking: Amazon Essentials Men’s Classic-Fit 9” Stretch Golf Short
The stretchable performance golf shorts from Amazon Essentials are made with a blend of 98% polyester and 2% spandex, making them durable and comfortable to wear and a trusted choice of many golfers. These moisture-wicking and breathable shorts keep you comfortable for hours and are available in different colors to help you choose one as per your liking. They are among the best golf shorts with belt loops.
- Zipper closure and button
- Smooth and stretchable fabric
- Wrinkle-free material
- Set-in back pockets
- Size may run small
2. Best Stretchable: Greg Norman Men’s Microlux Shorts
The Greg Norman classic golf shorts are made with a four-way stretchable material, making them super comfortable and suitable for physical activities such as golfing. The material is a blend of 90% polyester and 10% spandex and can be easily maintained by machine washing. The shorts feature a flat front, a ten inch inseam, and a button closure.
- Play Dry moisture-wicking technology
- Stretch shirt-gripper waistband
- UPF 50+ protection
- 3M Scotch-guard protector stain release
- Available in multiple colors and sizes
- Size may run small
- May wrinkle easily
3. Best With Hidden Waistband: PGA Tour Men’s Flat Front Golf Short
The PGA Tour golf shorts are among the trusted and best-selling golf shorts with UV protection out there. They are made with 100% polyester and are available in different colors. The expandable hidden waistband and stretchable material of these shorts provide flexibility and freedom of movement. Further, these moisture-wicking golf shorts keep you dry and eliminate the chances of itching caused due to sweat.
- Flat front short with a nine-inch inseam
- Lightweight twill shorts
- Elastic closure for shirt tucking
- Fabric might be slightly thin and see-through
Best With Hidden Waistband
|Amazon Essentials Men's Classic-Fit 9” Stretch Golf Short||Greg Norman Men's Microlux Shorts||PGA Tour Men's Flat Front Golf Short|
|Package Dimensions || 14.65 x 9.45 x 2.7 inches; 11.04 Ounces||-||-|
|Dimensions||-||5 x 5 x 5 inches||-|
|Dimensions ||-||-|| 0.98 x 0.98 x 0.98 inches; 8.47 Ounces|
|Buy Now||Buy Now||Buy Now|
4. Best Water-Resistant: Adidas Golf Men’s Ultimate 365 Short
The men’s ultimate 365 shorts from the trusted brand Adidas come with a shirt gripper tape to enhance the overall look of the player by keeping the shirt tucked in. The water-resistant fabric keeps you worry-free from any unwanted splashes and stains. Moreover, these lightweight golf shorts are manufactured with a blend of mesh, polyester, and spandex, making them comfy, easy to clean, and durable.
- UPF 50+ protection
- Stretchable and breathable fabric
- Plenty of color options to choose from
- Sweat-wicking fabric
- Micromesh pockets
- May not be wrinkle-free
5. Best Easy-To-CLean: Under Armour Men’s Showdown Golf Shorts
Under Armour’s golf shorts are crafted with light, stretchy woven fabric to deliver total comfort. They are made with a blend of nylon, polyester, and elastane to keep players comfortable for long durations. The nylon and polyester mix ensures easy cleaning and longevity, while elastane ensures flexibility.
- Moisture-wicking and quick-drying golf shorts
- Flat front
- Comes with four pockets
- Stretch-engineered waistband
- Fabric might be slightly thin
6. Best Gusseted: Lee Men’s Performance Series Tri-Flex Short
Lee Men’s stylish golf shorts are made with a blend of polyester and spandex to ensure durability. The moisture-wicking fabric helps in soaking sweat and keeps you dry and cool, while its stretchable properties help in easy movement of the lower body and provide flexibility.
- Smart gusset technology
- Motion flex waistband
- Zipper closure
- Flat front
- Side pocket with zipper
- Small pockets
7. Best With Spacious Pockets: Puma Golf 2019 Men’s Jackpot Short
When it comes to golf shorts with pockets, this one stands out. The men’s jackpot shorts are one of the best pairs of shorts made by Puma yet. These shorts are crafted and tested to meet quality assurance standards and feature quality fabrics and Drycell technology, which help wick moisture away from the skin to keep you dry and comfortable. The enhanced mesh waistband has a silicone gripper tape that keeps your shirt tucked in, and its floral-inspired printed pockets and on-seam pockets help you carry extra accessories.
- 100% polyester
- 26 color options to choose from
- Spacious pockets
- Size may run large
8. Best Patterned: Royal & Awesome Men’s Patterned Golf Shorts
The modern golf shorts from Royal & Awesome, known for their quality craftsmanship, feature a multi-colored design in interesting prints. These shorts are made of 97% cotton and 3% spandex, making them durable, breathable, and comfortable. Moreover, these shorts have been designed keeping the needs of the golf player in mind—they feature tee loops, a tour slit, and complimentary golf and beer tools.
- Available in 28 different colors and patterns
- True to size
- Comes with a pitch mark repairer that doubles up as a bottle opener
- Features pockets
- May not be stretchy enough
9. Best Lightweight: Puli Men’s Golf Hybrid Dress Shorts
Puli’s solid-color golf shorts are designed in casual chinos style and feature a flat front, making them comfortable to wear for extended hours. The time-tested apparel has a hybrid make and is remarkably lightweight and easy on the skin. Made of 96% polyester and 4% spandex, it also offers good stretch.
- Easy-to-operate zipper closure
- Secure fit closure
- Free Flex waistband
- UPF 50+ protection
- Machine-washable and quick-drying
- Six pockets for your storage needs
- Size may run large
10. Best With Ventilation Pores:Three Sixty Six Mens Dry Fit Golf Shorts
The professional golf shorts from Three Sixty Six are made of moisture-wicking fabric to ensure minimal discomfort from sweating while playing. They have a casual chinos design and are available in eight different shades. Further, they feature an elastic waist and an inseam of ten inches for enhanced comfort.
- Made of 100% polyester fabric
- Tiny ventilation pores
- Four-way Stretchable
- Does not require the use of a belt
- Lightweight, breathable mesh fabric
- Elastic closure
- May be see-through
11. Best Elastic Waist: Little Donkey Andy Men’s Bermuda Golf Shorts
For the best customizable fit, these golf shorts come with a partial elastic waist and adequate stretchability. The shorts feature moisture-wicking fabric which works well to keep your body dry and cool throughout the day. Their quick-dry technology ensures that sweat doesn’t linger on your body for long, enabling you to concentrate on your game better. In addition, their smart zip and button closure makes them ideal for daily wear and office wear as well.
- UPF 50 sun protection
- Features two side and two back pockets
- 12-inch inseam
- Some may find the fabric stiff and scratchy
- May not be true to size
12. Best Knee-Length: Maamgic Men’s Slim-Fit Golf Shorts
Maamgic’s slim-fit golfing shorts for men feature a convenient nine-inch inseam and are designed for everyday wear. They are available in seven different shades and are made of 90% polyester and 10% spandex, making them lightweight and stretchy for golf or any other sports.
- Easy-to-open button closure
- Made of breathable polyester fabric at 90%
- Four-way stretch fabric
- Deep mesh pockets
- Classic knee-length fit
- Durable YKK zipper
- Size may run large
13. Best Dry-Fit: Mossy Oak Men’s Dry Fit Stretch Golf Shorts
Mossy Oak’s men’s golf shorts are stretchy and made of a comfortable polyester and elastane blend. One of the most stylish golf apparel for men, they also have the Dry-Fit feature, which allows moisture wicking for minimal discomfort from sweating. Moreover, the tried-and-tested fabric is breathable and stretchable and offers UPF 40+ protection.
- Lightweight and easy on your skin
- Available in six different shades
- Has a natural cooling effect
- Versatile use for various outdoor activities
- Multiple pockets
- Fabric can be transparent in direct sunlight
How To Choose The Right Golf Shorts?
The range of men’s golfing attire is vast. Find the right pair of golf shorts for everyday wear by keeping the following points in mind.
- Fabric: You can find gold shorts made in various fabrics, such as cotton, nylon, and polyester. Mostly, they come with spandex or elastane mix to offer good stretch. Choose the fabric as per your liking.
- Comfort: As golf requires you to walk extensively at a stretch, it is essential that they are comfortable to wear and absorb sweat
- Length: When purchasing a pair of golf shorts, check if its length reaches the knee.
- Stretchability: As these shorts are worn when golfing, ensure they are stretchable.
Why Trust MomJunction?
Our team of dedicated writers and reviewers have done extensive research to compile this list of the best golf shorts. We have handpicked these time-tested shorts crafted with quality craftsmanship based on factors such as flexibility, fabric type, comfort, style, and ease of wear on the course. Moreover, we also apprise you of the factors you should consider when choosing the right pair of shorts to help you make an informed decision.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Why do professional golfers never wear regular shorts?
Even though shorts are allowed in professional golf tournaments, wearing regular shorts is considered unprofessional. Shorts designed for golf provide good shape and coverage, so wearing them will look formal and keep you comfortable.
2. Are cargo shorts acceptable to wear when playing golf?
Cargo shorts are not considered acceptable golf attire as they hinder the player’s form. Tailored and casual shorts that fall just above the knee are acceptable.
3. Is it better to wear golf shorts or trousers?
Both golf shorts and trousers are comfortable as golf attire. You can have different preferences when the weather switches from cold to hot and vice versa. But a good pair of golf shorts made of breathable fabrics can give you comfort and more room for stretching.
4. Do all golf courses allow shorts?
Wearing shorts while playing golf is allowed on the condition that it meets the dressing rules of a specific golf course. It is a good practice to ask the golf course authorities before you go to play there.
5. Why do golf shorts have holes in the pockets?
Golf shorts are available in various sizes and with different numbers of pockets. The more the pockets, the better it may be to store accessories.
Apart from your skills, your performance while playing golf also depends on the quality of your outfit. Wearing the best golf shorts can help you feel comfortable and confident when you play; hence, it is important to pick the right time-tested ones to wear while practicing and playing. We have listed some lightweight and breathable golf shorts available in different colors, including ones that are easily stretchable and offer UV protection. You could also choose machine-washable shorts made of wrinkle-free material.
Infographic: What To Check For In A Pair Of Men’s Golf Shorts?
Having the right clothing and gear for golfing is essential, and a pair of good golf shorts can significantly improve your comfort and performance during the play. Go through the infographic below to explore some key features you should look for when buying golf shorts. Knowing these features will help you find the perfect pair of golf shorts.