If you have ever been out golfing during summers, you would know well that wearing just about any shorts would not do the job. Golf involves certain movements, especially swinging the hips and shoulders to hit the clubs. The best golf shorts are tailored to enable these specific movements and not obstruct your game. If you have been looking to buy a pair of golf shorts, we have got you the list. Read on to know about the best golf shorts available for you to purchase and play your best game.
Our Top Picks
13 Best Golf Shorts
1. Best Moisture-Wicking: Amazon Essentials Men’s Classic-Fit 9” Stretch Golf Short
The stretchable golf shorts from Amazon Essentials are made with a blend of 98% polyester and 2% spandex, making them durable and comfortable to wear. These moisture-wicking and breathable shorts keep you comfortable for hours and are available in different colors to help you choose one as per your liking.
- Zipper closure and button
- Smooth and stretchable fabric
- Wrinkle-free material
- Set-in back pockets
- Size may run small
2. Best Stretchable: IZOD Men’s Golf 9.5″ Swingflex Stretch Classic Fit Short
The classic-fit golf shorts from IZOD are made with 100% polyester and feature SwingFlex stretch, a four-way stretch fabric that stretches both crosswise and lengthwise to allow maximum comfort and movement in all directions. The shorts fit lower on the waist and remain straight through the leg. Moreover, the moisture-wicking fabric keeps you dry by soaking any sweat that can hamper your golfing experience.
- UPF-15 UV protection
- Cool FX technology to keep you cool and dry
- Available in different color options
- Silicon strip on the waistband for shirt-tucking
- May not be ideal for those with muscular thighs
3. Best With Hidden Waistband: PGA Tour Men’s Flat Front Golf Short
The PGA Tour golf shorts are made with 100% polyester and are available in different colors. The expandable hidden waistband and stretchable material of these shorts provide flexibility and freedom of movement. Further, the moisture-wicking technology keeps you dry and eliminates the chances of itching caused due to sweats.
- Flat front short with a nine-inch inseam
- Lightweight twill shorts
- Elastic closure for shirt tucking
- UV protection
- Fabric might be slightly thin and see-through
4. Best Water-Resistant: Adidas Golf Men’s Ultimate 365 Short
The Adidas men’s ultimate 365 shorts come with a shirt gripper tape to enhance the overall look of the player by keeping the shirt tucked in. The water-resistant fabric keeps you worry-free from any unwanted splashes and stains. Moreover, it is manufactured with a blend of mesh, polyester, and spandex, making it comfy, easy to clean, and durable.
- UPF 50+ protection
- Stretchable and breathable fabric
- Plenty of color options to choose from
- Sweat-wicking fabric
- Micromesh pockets
- May not be wrinkle-free
5. Best Easy-To-CLean: Under Armour Men’s Showdown Golf Shorts
Under Armour’s golf shorts are crafted with light, stretchy woven fabric to deliver total comfort. The shorts are made with a blend of nylon, polyester, and elastane to keep players comfortable for long durations. The nylon and polyester mix ensures easy cleaning and longevity, while elastane ensures flexibility.
- Moisture-wicking and quick-drying material
- Flat front
- Comes with four pockets
- Stretch-engineered waistband
- Fabric might be slightly thin
6. Best Gusseted: Lee Men’s Performance Series Tri-Flex Short
The classic-fit Lee Men’s golf shorts are made with a blend of polyester and spandex to ensure durability. The moisture-wicking fabric helps in soaking sweat and keeps you dry and cool, while its stretchable properties help in easy movement of the lower body and provide flexibility.
- Smart gusset technology
- Motion flex waistband
- Zipper closure
- Flat front
- Side pocket with zipper
- Small pockets
7. Best With Spacious Pockets: Puma Golf 2019 Men’s Jackpot Short
The men’s jackpot shorts are one of the best pairs of shorts made by Puma yet. These shorts are made with technical fabrics and Drycell technology, which helps wick moisture away from the skin to keep you dry and comfortable. The enhanced mesh waistband has a silicone gripper tape that keeps your shirt tucked in, and its floral-inspired printed pockets and on-seam pockets help you carry extra accessories.
- 100% polyester
- 26 color options to choose from
- Spacious pockets
- Size may run large
8. Best Patterned: Royal & Awesome Men’s Patterned Golf Shorts
The shorts from Royal & Awesome feature a multi-colored design in interesting prints. These shorts are made of 97% cotton and 3% spandex, making them durable, breathable, and comfortable. Moreover, these shorts have been designed keeping the needs of the golf player in mind—they feature tee loops, a tour slit, and complimentary golf and beer tool.
- Available in 28 different colors and patterns
- True to size
- Comes with a pitch mark repairer that doubles up as a bottle opener
- Features pockets
- May not be stretchy enough
9. Best Lightweight: Puli Men’s Golf Hybrid Dress Shorts
Puli’s golf shorts are designed in casual chinos style and feature a flat front, making them comfortable to wear for extended hours. The apparel has a hybrid make and is remarkably lightweight and easy on the skin. Made of 96% polyester and 4% spandex, it also offers good stretch.
- Easy-to-operate zipper closure
- Secure fit closure
- Free Flex waistband
- UPF 50+ protection
- Machine-washable and quick-drying
- Six pockets for your storage needs
- Size may run large
10. Best With Ventilation Pores:Three Sixty Six Mens Dry Fit Golf Shorts
The men’s golf shorts from Three Sixty Six are made of moisture-wicking fabric to ensure minimal discomfort from sweating while playing. They have a casual chinos design and are available in eight different shades. Further, they feature an elastic waist and an inseam of ten inches for enhanced comfort.
- Made of 100% polyester fabric
- Tiny ventilation pores
- Four-way Stretchable
- Does not require the use of a belt
- Lightweight, breathable mesh fabric
- Elastic closure
- May be see-through
11. Best Classic Fit: Rdruko Men’s Relaxed Fit Cargo Shorts
The Rdruko men’s pair of cargo shorts is tailored in a relaxed fit and is one of the best golf shorts to have. Its fabric has a quick-dry feature and is made of 90% nylon with 10% spandex for sufficient stretchability. It is lightweight and comes with a partial elastic waist for comfort.
- Eight colors to choose from
- Classic fit
- Convenient button closure
- Five pockets for storage
- Fade-, shrink-, and wrinkle-resistant
- Can be worn both indoors and outdoors
- Zippers may not be durable
12. Best Knee-Length: Maamgic Men’s Slim-Fit Golf Shorts
Maamgic’s slim-fit golf shorts for men feature a convenient nine-inch inseam and are designed for everyday wear. They are available in seven different shades and are made of 90% polyester and 10% spandex, making them lightweight and stretchy for golf or any other sports.
- Easy-to-open button closure
- Made of breathable polyester fabric at 90%
- Four-way stretch fabric
- Deep mesh pockets
- Classic knee-length fit
- Durable YKK zipper
- Size may run large
13. Best Dry-Fit: Mossy Oak Men’s Dry Fit Stretch Golf Shorts
Mossy Oak’s men’s golf shorts are stretchy and made of comfortable polyester and elastane blend. They also have the Dry-Fit feature, which allows moisture wicking for minimal discomfort from sweating. Moreover, the fabric is breathable and stretchable and offers UPF 40+ protection.
- Lightweight and easy on your skin
- Available in six different shades
- Has a natural cooling effect
- Versatile use for various outdoor activities
- Multiple pockets
- Fabric can be transparent in direct sunlight
How To Choose The Right Golf Shorts?
Find the right pair of golf shorts for everyday wear by keeping the following points in mind.
- Fabric: You can find gold shorts made in various fabrics, such as cotton, nylon, and polyester. Mostly, they come with spandex or elastane mix to offer good stretch. Choose the fabric as per your liking.
- Comfort: As golf requires you to walk extensively at a stretch, it is essential that they are comfortable to wear and absorb sweat
- Length: When purchasing a pair of golf shorts, check if its length reaches the knee.
- Stretchability: As these shorts are worn when golfing, ensure they are stretchable.
Why Trust MomJunction?
Our team of dedicated writers and reviewers have done extensive research to compile this list of the best golf shorts. We have handpicked these shorts based on factors such as flexibility, fabric type, comfort, style, and ease of wear on the course. Moreover, we also apprise you of the factors you should consider when choosing the right pair of shorts to help you make an informed decision.
Apart from your skills, your performance while playing golf also depends on the quality of your outfit. Wearing the best golf shorts can help you feel comfortable and confident when you play; hence, it is important to pick the right ones to wear while practicing and playing. We have listed some lightweight and breathable golf shorts available in different colors, including ones that are easily stretchable and offer UV protection. You could also choose machine-washable shorts made of wrinkle-free material.