Parents can’t know where their children are at all times. Moreover, children may not like their parents following them all the time. So, we have created a list of the best GPS watches for kids to keep an eye on your child’s location without hassle. The new age GPS watches for kids can work as tracking devices, and the parents may feel relaxed as they would be aware of where the child is. You would not need to constantly rely on calling or texting them to ensure their safety. These GPS watches are cool devices with a built-in location tracking feature. With these fancy GPS watches, you can track your child’s location with a click. Moreover, they look cool and have many interactive features making them popular among children.
So, read on as we bring you a list of some of the best GPS watches available for kids. However, since these watches may have some games, you may want to consider using parental controls such as setting a time limit to avoid overuse or game addiction.
13 Best GPS Watches For Kids:
1. Best Durable And Comfortable: Amazfit Bip Smartwatch
Cool, classy, and minimalistic, the Amazfit Bip Smartwatch not only looks premium but has exceptional features too. Widely known for its long-term battery life, the device can last more than 30 days just after a single charge! And if your child likes sports, then he’s going to love this smartwatch even more because of its 4-sport mode feature. From super-fast built-in GPS to logging daily activities, Amazfit Bip Smartwatch is also one of the highest-selling smartwatches in the world.
- Durable and comfortable for kids
- Tracks sport and all outdoor activities
- Logs sleeping hours and monitors heart rate
- Notifies weather reports, social media updates, SMS, and emails
- Compatible with Android and IOS
2. Best Quick Location-Tracking: TickTalk 3 Kids Smartwatch
This is no ordinary smartwatch. Designed specifically for kids, the device is loaded with interactive features that both you and your child can enjoy. A great choice if you are away for long hours because its built-in camera allows 2-way video calling and messaging on 4G/LTE or WIFI connectivity. Also, its GPS tracking feature is incredibly fast and accurate. Durable with a trendy design, TickTalk 3 Kids Smartwatch’s dial is customizable and the band is replaceable too. You can also check this YouTube video for a complete idea about the product.
- 2-way video, voice, and SMS features
- Pre-set text setting for instant messaging
- Quick location-tracking capabilities
- Waterproof and compatible with all carrier
- Track multiple watches on one map
- It has a reminder app.
3. Best Built-In Camera: Karaforna Kids Smartwatch
One of the best kids’ watches with GPS, theKaraforna Kids Smartwatch has something for everyone. A dedicated device to ensure child safety, the smartwatch supports an advanced GPS + LBS tracking system with camera, voice calling and a remote monitor feature that allows you to hear your child’s voice and see their whereabouts. Plus, the built-in games are bound to keep your little one entertained! Now that’s a clear win-win.
- Built-in camera for instant calling
- SOS emergency alarm
- Stores phone numbers and photos
- Has a torch, alarm clock, and self-dialling mode
- Do-Not-Disturb option guarantees no interruption in class
- Pedometer and footmark tracker
4. Best Anti-Lost Feature: Karaforna Smartwatch For Kids
Give your child the freedom he/she deserves! Because with a smartwatch you can easily detect or keep a tab on their location. Like with Karaforna Smartwatch For Kids that keeps a track on their movement and alerts parents if their child is lost. The best part— you can guide or connect with them through two-way voice or video calling too. Keeping all your major concerns at bay, the Karaforna Smartwatch For Kids will not disappoint you when it comes to keeping you connected with your baby.
- Advanced safety with GPS + LBS location tracking
- In case of emergency, SOS up to 3 numbers
- Interactive games to pass time
- Anti-lost feature
- HD touch screen
- Supports alarm clock and phonebook apps
5. Best Two-Way Communication: Phyulls Waterproof Smartwatch
This smartwatch for children is super-fun and entertaining, not to mention practical for functions like calling and keeping track of your fitness. Ideal for kids between 3 and 12 years of age, it has a SIM card slot that supports 2G networks, MP3 player for music, and a camera to nurture hidden talents for photography. Thanks to two-way calls, you can easily find out where your kids are and communicate with them in times of emergencies, making this a crucial accessory for parents, too.
- Eco-friendly silicone material
- Calls three SOS numbers
- Comes with games
- Fast-responding interface
- Comes with USB connector
6. Best In-Built Games: Aiwiep Kids Smartwatch
This smartwatch is loaded with smart features such as a video recorder, MP3 player, calculator, torch, and alarm clock, making it ideal for children between three and 15 years. It also comes with built-in effects such as magic stickers that form the borders for the pictures your child takes. Further, it also comes with a health motion sensor for active play and a pedometer to help children keep track of their steps and calorie intake.
- Lifetime warranty
- Includes 16 in-built educational games
- Long-lasting 400mAh battery
- Includes a 1GB memory card
- Full-color 1.54-inch HD touch screen
7. Best Safe And Reliable: Duiwoim Kids Smartwatch
Worried that your child’s safety might be at risk? Rather than spending on expensive smartphones, invest in a reliable smartwatch. Duiwoum Kids Smartwatch ensures that you stay informed about your child’s safety all the time. Its advanced waterproof technology plus real-time GPS + AGPS + LBS tracking system makes it a great choice, if you are looking for one of the best GPS kids’ tracker watches. With your child’s location just one click away, you needn’t worry about his/her safety ever again.
- A triple-positioning tracking system
- 3 second SOS emergency loop calling mode
- IP67 waterproof
- Pedometer, alarm clock, and remote camera
- Smart telephone with two-way voice calling and texting
- Footmark tracker and interactive Math game
- DND mode to avoid interruption during classes
8. Best Battery Life: Donerton Tracker Smartwatch
Keep track of your heart rate, sleeping patterns, and overall fitness with the Donerton Tracker Smartwatch. In addition to a comprehensive analysis of your sleep, it provides you with easy accessibility to other features of your phone such as calls and messages. The watch is highly durable and waterproof, so you can track your stats even while you’re training or having fun in the water. It comes with a long battery life that sustains for seven days of normal use, thus giving you a comfortable and convenient tracking device to work with.
- 24/7 heart monitor
- Wide touchscreen
- Suitable for outdoor sports
- Four stylish clock faces
- Accurate GPS tracker
9. Best With HD Touch Screen: LiveGo 4G Kids Smart Watch
If you’re looking for a feature-rich GPS watch for your little one, the LiveGo 4G Kids Smart Watch makes an ideal pick. It boasts a trendy design with a unique, liftable dial, supports 4G nano SIM cards, and allows phone calls, group calls, and even video calls. You can also adjust the brightness level to keep your child’s eyes safe. Further, it comes with useful features, including a calendar, alarm clock, Bluetooth connectivity, and a few games.
- 360° rotatable dial
- Front and rear cameras
- Two-way communication
- SOS call and GPS tracker
- HD full touch screen
10. Best Advanced: Juneo TKSTAR GPS Tracker
Not a fan of bulky smartwatches? Then you can opt for Juneo TKSTAR GPS Tracker smartwatch. Besides looking great on your kid’s hand, it also has an anti-shedding option, which is a motion sensor that notifies the child and the parent that the watch is slipping off the hand. Sound’s cool, doesn’t it? One does not have to care about losing or theft at all. Other than this, the smartwatch is environment-friendly too with low radiation value.
- Advanced and high-quality smartwatch
- Quick location-tracking GPS + LBS technology
- Location can be tracked through SMS or Website
- Compatible with Android and IOS
11. Best Waterproof: CJC 4G Kids Smartwatch With GPS Tracker
Here’s another smartwatch that helps you stay in touch with your children at all times with voice and video calls. It is equipped with safety-rich features and smart tools such as a flashlight, camera, photo album, math games, and an alarm clock. Moreover, it also has an SOS one-touch button to alert you when long-pressed and informs you that your child needs you. Further, it includes a built-in GPS positioning device and an anti-lost button to help you track your watch if it’s lost.
- Two-way voice call
- HD touch screen
- IP66 waterproof
- Selfie camera and voice recorder
- Includes a school mode
- Magnetic charger, screwdriver, user manual included
12. Best For Audio And Video Chat: Cosmo JrTrack GPS Tracker Smartwatch
Parents worry about their kids’ wellbeing and want to know their whereabouts at all times. Cosmo JrTrack GPS Tracker Smartwatch comes as a blessing to anxious parents. The advanced technology allows two-way communication with a simple touch screen. With Cosmo’s mobile app, parents can track their children. The watch also has a pre-installed SIM card.
- It is suitable for children between 5 to 12 years.
- It provides clear audio and video chat.
- It blocks strange calls.
- The strap is made of silicone material.
- The strap has holes to adjust as per your kids’ size.
- It is water-resistant and has SOS alert mode.
13. Best Built-In MP3 Player: YENISEY Smartwatch for Kids
If you want a smartwatch to ensure your child’s safety, this is the ideal device as you can set up contacts, and it is enabled with 2G. It is easy to use and has a cool and funky design with a one-button SOS for emergencies. Further, its smart features such as two-way calling, camera, alarm clock, calculator, and seven built-in educational puzzle games distinguish it from regular smartwatches.
- Built-in MP3 player
- iOS operating system
- 1.54-inch HD touchscreen
- Includes a 1 GB micro SD card
- No app required
Now that you’ve browsed through the best GPS watches for kids, learn more about its benefits and what one should look for in a smartwatch before purchasing:
What Are The Benefits Of A GPS Watch For Kids?
Taking us back to square one, a parent cannot be the child all the time, and major concerns like “what if my child gets lost” or “is in a difficult situation” can be downright stressful. This is why GPS watches for kids are a great option to keep parents relaxed and give children the freedom to explore their me-time. Here are some of the benefits:
- You can stay in touch with your child all the time.
- Their real-time location will be one-touch away.
- You can discreetly watch or listen to their surroundings.
- Kids can keep you updated on their daily routine or even send pictures.
- Some GPS watches for kids also have interactive games to pass time.
- You can set reminders for them like drink water, wash hands, or track their daily footsteps too.
What To Look For In The Best GPS Watches For Kids?
It depends on your preferences. Nowadays, GPS watches for kids come with innumerable interactive apps and a music player too. However, since the child’s safety is the prime concern here, you must look out for the following features in a smartwatch:
- Advanced GPS + LBS tracking system with real-time location accuracy
- User and kid-friendly
- Hi-tech HD touch screen and long-lasting battery life
- Two-way voice and video calling feature
- SOS emergency alarm and geofencing mode
- Anti-lost and anti-theft feature
- Remote video and voice monitor to track their location secretly, in case of emergency.
- The smartwatch should be compatible with your handheld device.
- Lastly, it should be waterproof and durable.
Why Trust MomJunction?
Wedetso Chirhah writes about books, electronics and automobiles, and household appliances. His remarkable knowledge in this field has helped him compile a list of some of the best GPS watches for kids that are attractive and interactive. The location-tracking feature of these watches allows parents to relax when their children are out. Wedetso has also mentioned each product’s features and benefits to help you choose the right watch for your child.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. At what age should a child have a GPS watch?
Age is not an important factor to consider when buying a GPS watch for your children. It all depends on when you allow your children to go somewhere alone.
2. How can I track my kid without them knowing?
With a GPS watch, you can track your child without them knowing.
3. Can a GPS tracker be detected?
A GPS bug detector can easily detect a GPS tracker.
4. How far do GPS trackers go?
A GPS tracker can track your exact location for up to eight to ten meters.
In today’s busy world, taking care of your children and constantly monitoring their steps can be challenging. Thus, investing in the best GPS watches for kids can be a game-changer. These watches will not only help you track where they are but will also help them notify you if they feel lost in an unfamiliar area. While selecting the right GPS watch, ensure it is durable, comfortable to wear, and waterproof. Useful features such as emergency alarms, a camera for instant calling, a torch, and two-way SMS are a bonus.
Infographic: Advantages Of Using A GPS Watch
If you are worried about your child’s whereabouts, a GPS watch can ease your worries. You can stay updated throughout the day with timely notifications and other features. Take a look at the below infographic to learn more about the different reasons for using a GPS watch.