Hair cream can help bring life back to your dull, frizzy hair by imparting natural shine to it. Some creams are formulated to add shine, while some make it smooth and soft without being it greasy. A good hair cream also helps you tame your frizz and style your hair. What’s more, hair creams that contain ingredients like rosemary oil, argan oil, coconut oil, and jojoba oil can nourish and moisturize your hair and add a layer of protection to the hair and scalp.
MomJunction shares a list of 19 best hair creams for women to choose from, for all your hair needs from taming the frizz to volumizing thin hair.
19 Best Hair Creams For Women
The Cantu Coconut Curling Cream is made for textured hair, to achieve any style or look you want. It strengthens your hair and defines your curls, revealing soft curly hair that is also manageable. Just apply the cream smoothly, starting from the roots to the tips, and leave it to nourish it. Do not rinse after application.
- Contains shea butter that nourishes your hair.
- Moisturizes and strengthens your hair strands.
- Defines your curls without weighing them down.
- Provides moisture to reveal soft, elongated curls.
- The cream might give a gummy feel.
- Defines your curls for just 2-3 days.
- Can be a little harsh on your hair.
This Devacurl styling cream captures the freshness of lime zest and lemon to provide better conditioning to your hair. The lightweight styling cream fights frizz and tames your curls. Plus, the jojoba oil extract helps in strengthening hair, while the tapioca starch helps create a touchable texture and frizz-control.
- Seals in moisture to fight frizz
- Defines your curls.
- This botanically infused cream helps your curls shine.
- Herbaceous scent makes your hair smell good.
- This hair product is vegan, cruelty-free.
- Might dry out your hair.
- The curls may not hold up after the first day.
The OGX locking air dry cream puts life back into your dry and frizzy hair. The innovative hair care formula, made with exotic ingredients, helps your hair to shine, curl up, bounce, or hold tight. It leaves your hair soft and smooth, without any frizz. Plus, the OGX locking cream smells like a tropical oasis!
- Coconut oil and shea butter blend to give your curls that bounce.
- Hydrates and defines your curls.
- Provides moisture to your curly hair.
- Also protects your color-treated hair.
- The hair might feel greasy.
- The cream is thick and may make the curls stringy.
The Moroccanoil Hydrating Styling Cream delivers immediate nourishment to coarse, curly, or frizzy hair. It is a leave-in moisturizing and styling cream that is rich in argan oil, which increases the softness and smoothness of your hair. Plus, this cream is fragranced with Moroccanoil scent, which a blend of sweet floral notes and spicy amber aromas.
- This hair cream is suitable for all hair types.
- Specifically formulated to manage frizz and flyaways.
- The soft-hold formula offers intense frizz-control.
- Creates a polished, ultra-smooth look.
- Fights the effects of humidity.
- Dispenser may not work well.
- May not hold up wavy hair.
The Living proof thickening cream formula helps to volumize your thin hair. It nourishes your hair and gives it a long-lasting volume and smooth texture. The product is silicone-free and gives you instant healthy hair.
- Makes your fine hair look and feel thicker.
- Delivers fullness and thickness that lasts 5x longer.
- Provides light conditioning to your hair.
- Color-safe and protects color-treated hair too.
- Works for all hair types.
- Might make your hair less shiny.
- Might make your hair stickier.
This Marc Anthony perfect curl cream is enriched with Vitamin E that helps replenish the lost moisture and nourishes the cortex. It also adds definition to your curls. Plus, It also has Provitamin B5, shea butter, and avocado oil that protect your hair, enhance shine, and eliminate any frizz.
- Helps keep frizz at bay by fighting humidity.
- Gives you control of your hair
- Lets your curls run free.
- Adds definition to your hair.
- Sulfate-free and cruelty-free product.
- Provides protection to your hair.
- Might dry out your hair.
- Could make your hair clumpy and sticky.
The Royal Locks curl cream-gel is designed to define, activate, and volumize your wavy hair. The natural Moroccan Argan Oil pampers your curls and offers long-lasting support. The ingredients of the cream nourish and condition your hair, leaving your hair and curls soft and bouncy yet defined and frizz-free.
- Moisturizes, repairs, and nourishes your hair.
- Designed for all curl types and all hair types.
- This cream is sulfate and paraben-free.
- Safe to use for colored and damaged hair.
- May not make your hair as soft as it claims.
The Kenra Curl Defining Creme adds shine to your hair and gives it a soft, touchable texture. It refines and separates your waves and tames frizz and fly aways. It defines your curls like no other hair cream and elevates your look.
- Promotes curl memory.
- Helps fight frizz and flyaways.
- Resists humidity and adds control.
- It helps your hair shine.
- May not adhere well to wet hair.
- The overpowering fruity smell may be too strong for some.
The CHI straight guard smoothing, styling cream helps create sleek, smooth styles. It gives your hair control and shine all day long. It also helps your curly and frizzy hair become smooth and easy to comb through.
- A cream-based styling cream.
- Eliminates frizz from your hair.
- Gives you maximum control.
- Adds incredible shine to the hair.
- Has an easy brush glide formula
- Makes frizzy, curly hair smooth and sleek, almost straight
- May leave a sticky residue on the hair.
- Doesn’t contain any butter.
If you’re still looking for a Venice Beach surfer look, then include this hair cream in your routine. It not only gives you extra tousled waves but also gives it a matte finish hold. This texturizing hair cream formula retains your twisty curls even after a day out, exposed to the waves and the wind.
- Adds silky texture to your curls.
- Right for your hair if you want to go to the beach.
- Helps your curls and waves last longer.
- Gives you a fierce look.
- Can only be used on wet hair.
- Could make your hair stiff.
This Marc Anthony hair thickening cream is made with a blend of wheat, hydrolyzed corn, and phytokeratin, which is a soy protein. It strengthens your hair and also adds shine and gives them a voluminous look.
- Helps your locks look fuller and voluminous.
- Formulated to strengthen your hair.
- Loaded with ingredients to hydrate your hair.
- Sulfate-free hair product.
- Does not weigh your hair down.
The Pantene Pro-V gold series shine cream gives you soft and beautiful hair. The lightweight hair cream is infused with argan oil that nourishes and softens your dry, damaged hair. This is free of any harsh ingredients and contains all the goodness of natural ingredients. The Gold Series Shine Cream not only smoothens your hair but also tames your unruly hair.
- Provides shine with a lightweight, creamy formula.
- Tames and smooths your unruly hair.
- The Pro-V formula hydrates and nourishes your hair.
- Gentle for daily use.
- The hair cream may become very sticky.
This L’Oréal Paris Advanced Hairstyle cream is an anti-frizz cream that helps to lock out humidity and smoothen your flyaways. It also polishes your hair and helps to create a sleek hairstyle. Plus, a few spritzes of L’Oréal Paris spray can save you the time spent on blow-drying the hair.
- Fights frizz for up to three days.
- Delivers soft, touchable hair for up to 24 hrs.
- Locks in weightless texture, density, and volume.
- Can make your hair greasy and matted.
- Could make your hair thick and pasty-sticky.
The Thermafuse TAC texture taffy adds movement, control, and definition to all hair types. If you are into using heat to style your hair, then this hair cream will provide maximum protection. It breaks up the curls and makes your beachy waves prominent.
- Can be applied to both damp and dry hair.
- Provides a matte finish for styling.
- Perfect for short hair and adds definition.
- The TAC Texture Taffy formulation makes your hair better.
- Leaves a crisp, sweet fragrance on your hair.
- Can be washed away with water.
- The cream has a glue-like consistency.
- Could leave your hair greasy even after washing.
This hair cream by Framesi can be used for color-treated hair and will not dull, coat, or ruin your hair color. The pearl line range of creams offers a light and airy finish by blocking humidity and smoothing the hair for you.
- Provides thermal and UV protection to your hair.
- Adds a weightless and light quality to your hair.
- No buildup after using the hair cream.
- Has powerful anti-aging properties.
- Doesn’t leave a silky feeling on your hair.
- Could make your hair a little stiff after use.
The Use Me hair wave and curl cream helps bring back life to your hair. It has a memory cream formula that adjusts to your texture and adds prominence to your curls. It also helps to keep your style controlled, shiny, and beautiful. Plus, it can also tame your unruly hair.
- Nutrient-rich hair cream maintains smoothness.
- Perfect for waves, as it rejuvenates hair.
- Contains Vitamin C, Aloe Vera to heal your hair.
- Heals split ends too.
- Transforms your hair, leaving no flakiness.
- The frizz-fighting properties last for days.
- Not tested on animals and is free of paraben, sulfates, and gluten
- The hair cream has a strong scent that some may not like.
- The pump on the bottle makes it hard to be used.
This L’Oréal Paris Studio Line hair cream is the first multi-look cream that holds your hair for 24-hours. It allows you to customize your hair any way that you want. The melting application gives you super soft, weightless, and residue-free defined curls. The hair cream also lets you try endless styles and looks without hassles.
- Multi-look buildable cream.
- It gives your hair a 24-hour hold.
- Formulated with glycerin for super soft hair.
- Get an effortless and natural look with this hair cream.
- Can make your hair sticky.
- The gel can be too strong for your hair.
Amika Curl Corps Defining Cream softly coaxes your curls to keep frizzing, sagging, or splitting away. Rich in vitamin C and A, antioxidants, and healthy omega fatty acids, this cream helps define and nourish your hair to deliver shine and silky feel to the hair.
- Locks in the moisture to give a silky feel.
- The curl-boosting gel gives bounce to your curls.
- Oat peptide helps protect your hair.
- Also lightly conditions your hair.
- Just works for a day.
- It may not hold curls in humid conditions.
- Can make your hair flat and greasy.
The Fave4 curl hair cream helps to smooth and control all types of curls, from coils to waves. It helps to fight frizz and protects your hair. Plus, it also helps nourish your hair with all the richness from Argan oil, Avocado, sunflower seeds, and much more.
- Helps to keep your hair wavy and curly.
- Can be quickly reactivated.
- Rich in nourishing oils like Babassu, Almond, etc.
- Contains soy proteins, flax seed for healthier hair.
- The UV filters protect your hair from the sun and humidity.
- Doesn’t smell so good.
- Can make your hair too crunchy.
What Are The Uses Of Hair Styling Cream?
A good hair-styling cream can be useful in the following ways:
- Adds moisture, shine, and essential nutrients to your hair.
- Lets you quickly adorn a well-groomed look whenever you step out.
- Could be used to create different styles for your hair and give you a frizz-free look.
- Most styling hair creams don’t grease your hair or make it feel oily afterward.
How Is Styling Cream Different From Hair Paste, Pomade, And Wax?
There are few but significant differences between hair paste, pomade, wax, and styling hair cream.
- Hair styling creams give you shiny looking hair as they contain natural oil-based ingredients that help infuse nutrients into your hair.
- The base component for hair pomade is wax, which is also used for styling hair. It helps to give you a wet, sleek, and shiny look. Excess use of pomade hair wax can make your hair greasy.
- Hair paste, which is used mostly as a styling aid, gives a matte finish to your hair. It works best with wavy or fine hair and gives out a messy hair appearance.
- Hair wax also gives a professionally styled look by making the hair flexible and firming it up. It can be used all day long.
You can see that these four hair styling products have different roles and aren’t made of the same base ingredients. So, before using, it is good to know if a product is designed to suit your hair type and give you the desired results.
How To Choose The Right Hair Cream For Your Hair?
Here are some of the factors that you should consider when looking for the best hair cream for your hair type:
- Ingredients: Oils serve as one of the important ingredients in hair creams. However, there are different types of oils like argan oil, hemp seed oil, jojoba oil, etc., that have a range of effects. So, do understand it better before buying one.
- Hair type: You can find a lot of hair creams for all hair types. However, there are some that will specifically work for your hair type. For example, you might want to have a hair cream that helps in making your hair soft while someone might want to look for one that helps them fight frizz.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Can we apply hair cream every day?
Yes. You can apply hair cream daily to elevate your look or fight frizz or just impart superior shine.
2. Can we use a hair cream along with hair oils?
Mixing hair cream and hair oil may not give you the desired results. So, it is better to avoid combining the two.
If you are looking to nourish your hair and tame the frizz, then hair creams might help you. But before buying any product, read the label, know the ingredients, and check if they suit you. Whichever you choose, follow the instructions and apply them as mentioned for the best results.