The best hair dryer brushes are as versatile as they get, given that they act as a blow dryer, straightener, and curling iron. They enable you to not only dry your hair, but also style it at the same time, which majorly cuts down on styling time. These makeup artist-approved tools can add volume to your hair, and give a bouncy blow-dry look without having to change multiple attachments.
If you don’t want to spend your time and hard-earned money going to the salon every time, a hair dryer brush is the answer. It combines the benefits of a round brush by detangling your hair, and the power of heat with a hair dryer. We hope our review of the top hair dryer brushes will go a long way in helping you choose the right appliance for your hair, so that you can style it exactly as you want.
Types Of Hair Dryer Brushes
- Traditional hair dryer brushes
Traditional hair drying brushes work well on coarse, extremely curly, or kinky hair. This type of hot air brush combines the features of a traditional brush with the power of a flat iron and takes your hair from wet to straight as a sheet in just 1 step. It completely smooths your hair and removes curls, kinks, and cowlicks.
- Round hair dryer brushes
Corded round brushes blow heat from the inside to dry your hair as you brush and style it. Basically, they effectively combine your blow dryer and your round brush so you only need one product to blow out your hair. They create volume and body in your hair. Smaller sized round brushes create tighter curls, while brushes with larger barrels are known to create waves and straighten hair.
- Volumizing brushes
Volumizing hair brushes usually feature bristles that are angled out from the core and lift the hair away from the scalp, adding more volume. The air flow is even and controlled as you blow dry your hair.
- Rotating hair dryer brushes
A rotating hot air brush can be used on 70 to 80% dry hair and helps you get salon quality hair. This brush dries your hair by emitting hot air, while its rotating barrel spins to straighten out your hair while giving it lots of volume and shine.
15 Best Brush Hair Dryers
Revlon One-Step Hair Dryer And Volumizer Hot Air Brush is designed to dry your hair while adding volume and a brilliant shine in a single step. It features a unique oval brush that smooths your hair while the rounded edges of the brush create volume for full-bodied hair in a single swipe. The ergonomic design ensures comfort and ease of use, and its unique airflow vents dry your hair faster. It has a combination of nylon pin bristles and tufted bristles with boar technology to detangle hair and improve volume. Its cool tip is designed to meet temperature requirements for comfortable hair styling, and its ceramic technology ensures an even distribution of heat. Made with ionic technology and through an in-built ion generator, heat damage is reduced, and your hair dries fast. Here’s a video review that demonstrates a tester’s experience on how easy it is to use this product every day.
- 30% less frizz
- Gives extra lift at roots and curled ends
- Three heat and speed settings
- Few bristles may fall off
- Brush may be larger than expected
2. Best 3-In-1 Styling: Conair 1875 Watt 3-In-1 Styling Dryer
The Conair 3-in-1 styler, known for its proven efficacy, includes attachments for three different styles- a thermal bristle brush for creating volume and waves and two comb attachments for detangling hair and for straight styles. It comes with multiple settings for different types of hair, is easy to maintain, and is powerful for fast drying of hair. Its ionic technology helps fight frizz and bring out the natural shine of your hair. This detangling brush has two heat/speed settings and a cold shot button to lock in your hairstyle. It runs on 1875 watts for powerful styling and has a 5.5 feet long cord. A lock button secures the attachments in place. This video will give you an insight into the tested features of this 3-in-1 hair dryer brush, so you can choose wisely.
- Hinged filter prevents lint buildup and extends motor life
- Quick styling
- Dual voltage for worldwide travel
- Easy to maintain
- Attachments may be a little loose
- May overheat
3. Best Tourmaline: Bed Head TIGI One-Step Hair Dryer And Volumizer – Purple Volumizer
Whether you want to dry, straighten, add texture, or style your hair, this one-step volume booster and dryer with built-in tourmaline and ceramic technology will do the job. It reduces frizz and gives a shiny smooth, glossy finish to dull hair. The ego boost mixed pattern bristles, along with the “pump it” oval design, give your hair volume and definition that lasts. The three manipulator heat settings add to its versatility and can be used on all hair types, and it’s also safe to hold the dryer close to the root for maximum volume. It has 1100 watts of power and runs on 120 volts only. This video demonstrates a reviewer’s experience, making it easier to pick the right hair dryer for your needs.
- Six-feet tangle-free swivel cord
- Cool tip meets temperature requirements for comfortable hair styling
- Helps reduce hair damage
- Easy maintenance
- May be a little heavy for some
- May be noisy
4. Best Ergonomic: Omoteam Hair Dryer And Volumizer
Quickly blow dry and style your hair effortlessly with this Omoteam hair dryer. It has three speed settings with different temperatures to suit your hair needs and can reduce frizz and static as it uses ion generator technology, ensuring visible results. The oval-shaped design with ceramic coating prevents overdrying with even heat distribution. With 360 degrees of airflow, this hair dryer can straighten or curl your hair as you desire, while the dual-action bristles are effective in detangling messy wet hair.
- ALCI safety plug
- 360° swivel cord
- Makes hair smooth, voluminous, and shiny
- Suitable for all hair types
- Might feel large and bulky
- May not be travel-friendly
5. Best For Long-Lasting Styles: Hot Tools Signature Series One-Step Round Brush Dryer & Styler
Create your own style with this product that comes with a detachable round brush design for root volume, soft curls, and flips. This product features a two-in-one hair dryer and styler suitable for short and mid-length hair. You can customize your style by unlocking the head and switching to the desired style. Its direct ion technology and micro-shine finish reduce frizz and add shine to your hair. The Thermaglide ceramic coating ensures that it heats evenly for long-lasting styles and shiny hair. It offers easy portability and storage, and it comes with a six-feet-long tangle-free swivel power cord for convenient maneuverability and styling.
- Has activated charcoal to refresh styles
- One-step styling
- Three custom heat settings
- Not suitable for international travels
- May overheat fast
6. Best Lightweight:Jinri 3-in-1 Blow Dryer Brush
The 1000W 3-in-1 blow dryer brush by Jinri delivers visible results with its two heat/speed settings and advanced ceramic tourmaline technology. It creates negative ions for frizz-free hair and reduces over-drying and heat damage. The static-free, tangle-free nylon bristles ensure smooth and shiny hair without breakage, and the tourmaline hair dryer brush can be held closer to your scalp for an added lift without worrying about damage. Further, the rounded barrel ensures even heat distribution to help create voluminous curls.
- Quick-drying, time-saving design
- Cool-touch tip for safety
- 360-degree swivel cord
- Nine-foot-long power cord
- May not be suitable for short hair
- May not have dual voltage
7. Best Oval: Drybar The Double Shot Blow Dryer Brush
What we have here is a tried-and-tested product that utilizes ionic technology to seal the hair cuticle, resulting in less frizz and more shine during styling. A combination of nylon and tufted bristles go through your hair smoothly, detangling it, and allowing you to style it as you want. It has an oval shape and well-placed vents to provide maximum airflow for a faster blowout. It comes with three temperature settings— cool, medium, and high that allow customized styling. It also has the distinction of winning the Good Housekeeping 2023 Beauty Award for best hair tool.
- Gently curved edges add volume and delivers smooth finish
- Ergonomic design
- Suitable for all hair types and lengths
- Lightweight and comfortable
- May not be equipped with dual voltage
- May take time to dry medium-length or long hair
8. Best Quick-Drying: L’ange Hair Le Volume Two-In-One Titanium Brush Dryer
L’ange Hair’s two-in-one hair dryer brush doubles as a volumizer and helps you achieve smooth, dry hair or beautiful curls. This 2.95-inch brush dryer features an oval-shaped titanium barrel to give you frizz-free and shiny hair. It has a 360-degree vented design that evenly distributes the heat, and its ionic technology prevents hair damage caused by overdrying. With two speed settings, this ionic hair dryer brush is flexible to switch between different temperatures depending on your hair type. The sleek and compact design makes it travel-friendly, while the easy twist handle is convenient to hold and use. It includes a protective storage cover and a cleaning brush for easy maintenance.
- Easy to brush
- Decreases drying time
- Long power cord
- Bristles may bend over time
- Might seem bulky for short and thin hair
9. Best For Volume:Plavogue Hair Dryer Brush
The Plavogue hair dryer brush is equipped with advanced negative ion technology and airflow vents that ensure an even distribution of heat throughout the hair. However, the professional-grade dryer also keeps the hair protected from excessive heat and static electricity. This also helps reduce frizz and adds shine to the hair. Additionally, placing and holding the tool near the roots for a few seconds while brushing the hair backward can instantly volumize flat hair.
- Can be used for massaging the scalp
- Oval design to ensure maximum contact with hair
- 360-degree swivel cord
- Anti-scalding tip
- Some may find it bulky
- Might take time to dry hair
10. Best With Swivel Cord: Dan Technology Electric Brush
The multipurpose hair dryer by Dan Technology has a lightweight body, offering visible results quickly and effortlessly. It combines the functions of a hairdryer, straightener, curling iron, and hair comb, making it a one-stop solution for all your hair problems. Featuring three different speed modes, a soft oval brush head, and a 360° rotating power cord, the easy-to-use device is compatible with all hair types. It also sports a 4.9 feet swivel cord length, offering the flexibility to sculpt the hair from any angle. Additionally, it boasts a cooling air inlet to offer a hassle-free hair-taming experience even when on the go.
- Anti-scalding design
- Safety plug included
- Available in multiple colors
- Bristles might shed gradually
- Some might find it small
11. Best Versatile: Conair Infinitipro The Knot Dr. All-In-One Dryer Brush
Conair’s styling tool helps detangle, style, and volumize your hair in one go. This oval brush features a ceramic-coated barrel and ionic technology to add shine and volume to the hair. The smooth gliding flexalite nylon bristles makes the detangling process painless and easy. It has two heat settings with one speed, a cool setting to suit your hair needs, and includes a separate volumizing attachment. With several positive reviews, you can also use this dryer without attachments to remove the excess moisture from your hair before styling.
- Helps control frizz
- Suitable for all hair types
- Suitable for creating waves
- Paint on the brush may flake over time
- May cause static on fine hair
12. Best For All Hair Lengths: MiroPure 4-In-1 Hair Dryer And Volumizer Brush
The four-in-one hair dryer brush from MiroPure adds curls to hair and replaces a hair dryer, brush, curling iron, and flat iron, making it pretty versatile. It comes with three temperature and two speed settings, and is suitable for all hair lengths. A combination of tangle-free nylon tip bristles and tufted bristles with boar technology gently grip the hair to smoothen it and give it a shine. Its innovative air flow vents ensure faster drying and better coverage. The all-in-one brush head is amazing for styling even the most stubborn tresses with ease. Its lightweight, ergonomic design and six-foot 360° swivel cord make it easy and convenient to operate. Its overheat protection function will switch the dryer off automatically, making it extremely safe to use.
- Anti-scald cool tip
- 360° airflow vents
- Non-detachable brush head for easy styling
- Salon-like finish
- May be heavy
- May be time-consuming to style thick hair
13. Best Portable: Marcel Rand Hot Air Brush
Unlike many dryers, this travel-friendly hair dryer brush will not over-dry or damage your hair. It has a unique three-feature combination to support all the styles you want, and a hard travel case so you can carry it anywhere you go. It features ionic technology and a ceramic coating to create volume in your hair without frizz. The nylon pin and tufted bristles do a great job at detangling and improving volume of your hair. It has a unique oval brush design that smooths your hair, while the round edges help to create volume. It has three temperature controls and two speed settings to cater to all kinds of hair and styles, and as a bonus, comes with an ALCI safety plug.
- Dual-action bristles
- Lightweight and ergonomic
- 360° airflow ensures even heat distribution
- Swivel cord for flexibility
- Plug may not be suitable for other countries
- May not produce enough heat
14. Best With Ion-Technology: Verfou One Step Hair Dryer Brush
This versatile product is a blow dryer, hair styler, volumizer, and straightener, and could just be your new favorite styling tool. With 3 heat and 2 speed settings, you can control the temperature and air volume, making it convenient to style all kinds of hair and protect your hair from overheating. The ceramic coating and ion technology of this appliance keeps your hair shiny and smooth, and reduces split ends and static. This large round brush with thick nylon pin, tufted bristles, and round edges create volume and smoothen your hair. It runs on 600 watts of power, and its innovative motor and advanced aerodynamic design reduces the noise significantly. Its ergonomic design with a double protection switch circuit, 6.6 feet long 360° swivel power cord, and ETL certification make it very safe and convenient to use.
15. Best Multi-Functional:Pulchram Blowout Hair Dryer Brush
Here’s a versatile hot air brush by Pulchram that lets you dry, style, and volumize your hair in one go. This brush combines multiple functions, such as hair drying, straightening, volumizing, styling, and massaging. It has a barrel design with three different heat settings and sturdy nylon pins and tufted bristles that create volume without making your hair over-dry or frizzy. The blow dryer can also be used to detangle your hair and is suitable for all hair types and textures.
- Suitable for both wet and dry hair
- Ergonomic handle
- Special air vent with 360-degree airflow
- Rotatable power cord
- Cool-touch tip for safety
- May not be great for thick hair
- Dryer plug may not be highly sturdy
How To Choose The Right Hair Dryer Brush?
Here are some factors you must consider to make the most of these tools and style your hair just as you want from the comfort of your home.
- Bristle type: Different bristles have different advantages— ceramic coated bristles do a great job of distributing heat so your hair doesn’t get damaged, while boar and nylon bristles smoothen and detangle hair. Bristles should be of premium quality material that do not get damaged by heat. Firm bristles create defined styles, while softer bristles create a softer look. Widely spaced and longer bristles are well-suited for long and thick hair, while brushes with short and fine bristles are better for shorter hairstyles.
- Temperature control: It’s important to be able to control the temperature of a hot air brush as that prevents you from overheating your hair. If you have fine or damaged hair, you should set the temperature to the lowest setting. Adjusting the temperature will prevent hair breakage and hair fall. Most products come with 2 to 3 heat settings, and some even have a cool shot button.
- Hair type: If you have curly hair, a high density nano comb brush helps in managing frizzy hair, and also massages and nourishes the hair follicles. If you have thin hair, 150? is suitable whereas 230? is required for wavy or curly hair, so make sure your hot air brush has temperature control.
- Barrel material: A hot air brush that comes with a ceramic barrel is ideal for fine, soft, and straight hair, while a tourmaline barrel works great if you have extremely thick and coarse hair.
- Barrel size: The diameter of the styling barrel decides how long your hair will hold its style. For closely packed curls, pick a sleek hot air brush, while for longer curls pick a barrel that is short and stout. For longitudinal curls, a brush with a 1-inch barrel works great, but for natural waves and for those with thick and long hair, pick a 2-inch barrel. For shoulder length hair, pick a device with a 1.5-inch barrel.
- Cord length: A long cord makes the brush more convenient and super easy to use, and should ideally be between 6 to 9 feet long. A longer cord length allows you to move the device freely without any trouble.
- Accessories: If you want to try different styles, look for hot air brushes with multiple attachments and accessories like different bristles and barrel sizes. Smaller barrels are good for short and fine hair, larger barrels are great for long and thick hair.
- Travel: The size of the hot air brush is also something that needs to be considered if you travel frequently. While a bulky and convenient hot air brush dryer is great for home use, a slim and sleek hot air styling brush makes more sense to carry everywhere.
- Added features: For an easy, stress-free styling experience, a rotary hot air brush is ideal as it wraps the hair around the barrel and does all the work. But if you want a customized hairstyle, it’s better to pick a non-rotary hot airbrush. It’s always desirable for a hot air brush to come with a cool shot button, as it makes an ideal end to a drying and styling session and helps to lock your style in place while adding shine to your hair. Most hot hair brushes come with an ionic generator that seals your hair cuticles, reduces hair frizz and knots, and gives your hair a silky, smooth, and natural look.
Why Trust MomJunction?
Poulami Nag is a beauty and fashion enthusiast who writes detailed articles for her readers, providing them with accurate facts. After considering your needs and reviewer experiences, she has listed the best brush hair dryers that can save your time by enabling you to dry and style your hair together. She recommends different types of products in her post and highlights the key features of each of them. This article also includes how-to-choose and FAQ sections to help you choose the right product.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Do hot air brushes damage hair?
Most hot air brushes don’t damage the hair because a hot air brush straightens hair using hot air combined with heated plates and bristles that go through your hair and relax the curly molecular bonds. They straighten the hair and add volume and brightness. It’s best to use a hot air brush on damp hair as it is easier to style and more malleable than dry hair. Overusing a hot airflow from a hot air brush may at times further dehydrate and damage dry hair.
2. How should I clean a hot air brush?
To clean a hot air brush, remove all of the stuck hair every few times you use it. Also, to remove excess product build-up, wipe it down with a warm towel.
3. How should I use a hair dryer brush?
It depends on whether you’re using it to dry your hair or style them, like making soft curls. Here are a few steps for drying your hair with a hair drying brush:
It depends on whether you’re using it to dry your hair or style them, like making soft curls. Apply a small amount of heat-protectant serum to your hair. Then, gently comb your hair with a wide-toothed comb and section your hair. Next, switch on the hair dryer and adjust it to your desired temperature (it is advised to start with a low temperature to prevent hair damage). Now, take a section of your hair and gently comb it a few times with the hair dryer brush to dry your hair. Repeat the process for all the sections of your hair.
A hairbrush dryer is a must-have tool for the woman on the go who loves to style her hair and dry her hair in no time and with minimal hassle. However, you must understand that one particular hairbrush dryer might not be suitable for all hair types. This means that you have to identify your hair type and consider the tool’s bristle type, temperature control setting options, barrel size, and cord length. Moreover, you should ensure the hairbrush dryer you choose is easy to clean and versatile enough to work as a blow dryer, straightening brush, and curling brush. It should also add luster and volume to your hair, remove frizziness, and allow you to try different styling options.
Infographic: How To Use Hair Dryer Brushes Properly?
Hair dryer brushes are versatile styling tools that combine the functionality of a hair dryer and a brush, making it easier to achieve a smooth and polished look in less time. However, you must follow certain precautions to prevent hair damage and electrical hazards. Check out the infographic below to learn how to use a hair dryer brush properly.
Recommended Articles :