Haircare is a vital part of our daily grooming ritual, and it keeps our hair healthy and stimulates growth. Oiling the hair is essential to remove dirt and improve scalp health. Hair oils are a convenient way to hydrate, nourish, and moisturize the hair while adding some shine and luster to them.
Oils also help in inhibiting fungal growth that could otherwise cause problems like dandruff and flakes. Hair oils are versatile and offer a plethora of benefits. However, not all hair oils available in the market can be trusted. So, it is essential to make the right choice.
We share a list of the best hair oils in India here to help you pick the most suitable one based on your hair type.
11 Best Hair Oils In India
The Wow Skin Science hair oil offers a natural solution for your hair and scalp as it is made of 100% cold-pressed botanical oils. It shuns the use of chemical minerals and synthetic fragrance that doesn’t get absorbed by hair follicles. Made with a mixture of almond, olive, castor, jojoba, and coconut oils, itis known to provide the best hair nourishment. Using it for a certain time could result in improved hair growth, added shine, and manageable hair sans frizz.
- Suitable for all hair types
- 100% mineral-free
- Essential oils inhibit fungal and dandruff growth
- Non-sticky, non-greasy with fast absorption
The Luxura Sciences hair oil is made of 14 high-quality ingredients to provide you all-around hair care. Be it dandruff, hair fall, or hair growth issues, it takes care of the mall. It is a versatile oil,and you can notice improvements in as little as three weeks after using it. This onion oil also works as a conditioner to keep your hair moisturized all day. It also provides enhanced blood circulation by stimulating the scalp.
- Contains 14 essential oils, including onion oil, hibiscus oil, Moroccan argan, Jamaican castor oil, and amla
- Suitable for all hair types
- No chemicals, preservatives, artificial colors, or fragrances
- Non-greasy formula
- Known to prevent hair fall and remove dandruff
The Navratna cool oil is a well-recognized name in Indian households, thanks to its tagline‘thandathanda cool cool.’It provides a cooling effect on the application, which helps in relieving stress. The ayurvedic oil is made with a concoction of nine herbs that offer various hair and scalp benefits. It is a suitable head massage oil that offers a soothing and rejuvenating experience.
- Contains nine ayurvedic herbs – bhringraj, brahmi, amla, saileya, japapushpa, latakasturi, kakoli, karcura, and peppermint satva
- Known to provide relief from mental and physical stress
- Free from sulphate, provides nourishment
- Soothing tingling sensation that lasts long
Kesh King’s hair oil has proved to be effective in reducing hair fall problems. It contains the goodness of selected herbs to benefit your hair and scalp. For best results, it is recommended to apply the oil thrice a week for three months. The Kesh King package also comes with a deep root comb that lets you spread the oil effectively, ensuring even distribution on the scalp and hair.
- Suitable for hair fall control
- Made with21 herbs, includingbhringraj, amalaki, methi, brahmi, japa, lodhra, manjistha, and jatamansi
- Deep-root comb boosts new hair growth
- Known to treat dandruff and premature greying
Dabur is a trusted brand in India,and its almond oil is known to provide strength and protection to your hair and scalp. It makes your hair smoother, shinier,and stronger with regular application. The amount of vitamin E in the Dabur almond hair oil is nearly double than that of other almond hair oils. Its light texture makes it convenient to apply daily.
- Suits different hair types
- Non-sticky and super light
- Contains pressed almond oil, proteins, and vitamin E
- Shelf life of 37 months
The castor oil from WishCareprevents thinning of hair and rejuvenates the scalp to improve hair growth. It is useful in removing and repairing dead cells that accumulate on the scalp and cause dandruff and flaking. The oil strengthens and repairs split ends and can even be applied on other body parts like nails and corners of the feet.
- 100% pure castor oil cold-pressed
- Versatile and effective for treating acne
- Soothes and rejuvenates dry skin
- Promotes faster hair growth
The Urban Botanics olive oil can be applied to the skin and hair. It helps in retaining the moisture and gives you smooth and glowing skin. Olive oil is rich in vitamins A, E, and antioxidants,which help maintain the keratin levels and moisturize the scalp and hair. If you have normal hair and you’re looking for something that can also be used on your skin, this one can be a good choice.
- 100% cold-pressed olive oil in a natural unrefined state
- Contains healthy fatty acids and antioxidants
- Suitable for all hair needs
- Can be applied tothe body, skin, and nails
The Mamaearthhair oil strives to solve hair fall problems, dandruff, greying hair, and other hair related issues with their intense hair treatment therapy. It is made with a blend of 14 pure natural ingredients, including amla and bhringraj.The oil is prepared with the traditional ‘Kshirpak Vidhi,’ which is an ancient Ayurveda process.
Its anti-microbial properties clean dead flakes and dandruff, and the vitamin C strengthens the hair from the roots and prevents greying. You get a deep comb in the pack to distribute the oil throughout the hair and scalp.
- Free from sulfates, parabens, SLS, petroleum, and artificial preservatives
- Made with 100% natural ingredients
- Dermatologically tested and safe for all skin types
- Rejuvenates hair follicles
The Sesa ayurvedic hair oil is infused with 18 herbs and contains Sudha datura, bhringraj, Triphala, lemon oil, neem, and sesame oil. The ayurvedic concoction provides nutrients to improve your hair quality and control hair fall. It is prepared by heating the ingredients with milk in a traditional ayurvedic process known as Kshirpak Vidhi. This process helps in entrapping alkaloids and volatile essential oils and is clinically proven to take care of dandruff and relieve stress after a massage.
- Suitable for all hair types
- Contains only natural herbs and essential oils
- No mineral oil or artificial chemicals
- Treats dandruff and lice
The Tru Hair Herbal oil comes with a heating container to follow the age-old practice of heating the oil before use to increase the oil potency. It is made with 13 novel herbs that reduce hair fall, dandruff and slow down greying. The heating device,Tru Heater, warms the oil to about 65° Celsius in four minutes and shuts off automatically. Applying heated oil helps improve blood circulation and relieve stress.
- Contains bhringraj, jyotishmati, japapushpa, amalaki, sesame, dina mallika, and brahmi
- Prevents hair fall and encourages growth
- Keeps your hair shiny and smooth
- Ayurvedic formulation
Emami offers a unique blend of seven oils – walnut, almond, olive, jojoba, amla, coconut, and argan. They are further infused with medicinal herbs to make your hair healthy and strong. The oil reaches the deep roots and provides nourishment to the scalp. It can be used both before a bath and when styling.
- Light and non-sticky with a mild fragrance
- Infused with seven beneficial herbs, including Mehendi and methi
- Rich in vitamins A, B , D and E
- Free from harsh chemicals,preservatives, paraben, and sulfate
How To Choose The Right Hair Oil?
Here are a few features you should check out when buying hair oil for yourself.
- Ingredients: Essential oils help keep your scalp clean and healthy by inhibiting fungal growth. Oils from natural herbs provide a plethora of benefits like strengthening, moisturizing, and adding shine to the hair. So, it’s prudent to pay attention to the main ingredients the oil contains and check if the benefit it provides is what you are looking for.
- Processing: The processing impacts its quality and effectiveness as this step eliminates chemicals and artificial fragrance. Oils labeled ‘virgin’ or ‘cold-pressed’ indicate that the oil composition has been kept natural and is free from chemicals.
- Skin suitability: Not all oils, even those made with natural herbs and essential ingredients, may not suit your hair or skin type. What works wonders for someone might have a different effect on yours. So do a patch test by applying a small amount on your skin or hair and check if it reacts well or otherwise.
Hair oil keeps your hair and scalp healthy by nourishing the hair from the root to the tip. To choose a hair oil that suits you, you should consider factors like the scalp type and ingredients, as one hair oil may not suit everyone’s requirements. Ensure to pick an oil rich in natural ingredients with nourishing, moisturizing and calming benefits. It should be free of harsh chemicals and have a lightweight, non-sticky consistency to prevent your hair from weighing down. Regular massage with these oils will promote hair growth and improve blood circulation, improving hair and scalp health.
- Best Shampoos For Dry Hair
- Best Shampoo For Hair Fall And Dandruff
- Best Hair Serums
- Best Herbal Shampoos For Hair Fall