Hair wax can be a basic necessity for women to manage and hold the hair in place throughout the day. It helps keep your hairstyle intact. But for this, you need to choose the right hair wax from among the multiple options available in the market.
MomJunction lists the 12 best hair waxes for women and provides you with information on everything you need to know about hair waxes for women.
12 Best Hair Waxes For Women
A massively versatile product, the Dry Wax from Paul Mitchell works effortlessly no matter what your hair’s texture or natural flow is. It molds, bends, and raises your hair, giving you the control you seek.
- Contains emollients and softening agents
- Gives you the flexibility to set your hair as per your requirement
- Product is completely free of harsh chemicals to prevent damage to your hair
Give your hair a perfect glossy finish with the Anti-Humectant Hair Wax from Aveda. It is resistant to water and moisture and does not weigh your hair down.
- Infused with the goodness of castor oil and rice bran oil
- Keeps your hairstyle intact even when exposed to water, sweat, or moisture
- Prevents frizziness and flyaways and tames curls
Redken’s water-based wax adds gloss to your hair and doesn’t leave any messy, ugly residue on your palms or hair. It keeps your hair moist and is quite easy to clean. This affordable product can be shampooed out easily.
- Infused with the goodness of hydrogenated castor oil
- Easy to apply and does not leave any residue on your hands
- Gives your hair the wet look to make you look fresh
- Can be shampooed out easily
With TIGI’s Bedhead Manipulator, you can experiment and play with your hair to get that precise contrarian, who-cares look without much effort. Spike it, style it, and of course, flaunt it.
- Fiber-forming wax improves your hair texture
- Can be used to give different styles and shine to hair
- Protects your hair from frizz and humidity
- Ideal for short to medium hair
- Holds well and gives you a thicker-looking hair
- Has a refreshing fragrance and comes in a handy jar
If you want your hair to have flexibility, then Paul Mitchell’s Spray Wax is an ideal option to consider. Formulated with sunflower seed oil and beeswax, it is comfortingly non-oily too. This wax is perfect for styling all kinds of hair and lengths.
- Non-oily and easy to apply
- Gives your hair a nice satin finish
- Controls frizz
- Free of parabens and gluten
Manage the unruly strands and irritating frizziness with Avlon’s KeraCare Styling Wax Stick. It gives your hair flexibility and smooth texture and is ideal for day-to-day use.
- Infused with the goodness of castor seed oil
- Controls frizzy hair and fly-aways effectively and provides a solid hold
- Ideal for creating special style effects like spikes and waves
It doesn’t matter whether you have curly hair or straight hair, now you can style it the way you want and hold it for as long as you like with the Aqua Wax from Vitamins. Created for everyday use, this product effortlessly gives you glossy, smooth hair while ensuring that it also stays healthy.
- Water-based formula is suitable for all hair types, especially non-symmetrical hairstyles
- Non-sticky product that is easy to apply
- Gives a glossy shine to hair and enhances curls
- Has a pleasant fragrance to it and is free of alcohol
If you have limited time to tame your hair, go for She Is Bomb’s Hair Wax Stick. It is incredibly easy to use and does its job without the irritating messiness. No wonder, hairstylists seem to prefer it.
- Formulated with the goodness of castor oil, beeswax, rhus succedanea fruit wax, and euphorbia cerifera wax
- Reaches the entire length of the hair
- Easy to use and can be shampooed out easily
- Has a pleasant fragrance to it
Tigi Bed Head Hair Wax Stick molds your hair to create different textures while leaving no sticky residue behind.
- Contains the goodness of beeswax, Japan wax, rhus succedanea fruit wax, and castor oil
- Adds a firm hold and gives you frizz-free hair
- Has a pleasant lavender fragrance
- Convenient to use and easy to wash off
Why stop at just waxing your hair? Choose the Mofajang Hair Wax with Temporary Color and reinvent yourself by giving your hair a range of stunning, electric colors.
- Infused with the goodness of beeswax, Brazilian palm wax, tea extract, and castor oil
- Rare wax that comes in nine temporary electric colors
- Convenient to apply, non-sticky, and easy to wash off
Style your hair the way you want with Wicked Texture Wax from Giovanni. It is suited for both damp and dry hair.
- Formulated using natural plant-based ingredients
- Free of harsh chemicals
- Easy to apply and washes out easily
Besides giving your hair a smooth texture, this gel wax gives you exceptional shine. If lustrous hair is what you are looking for, you are looking at the right product.
- Infused with the goodness of bamboo proteins
- Non-sticky, easy to apply, and leaves no residue behind
- Free of sulfate and gluten
- Protects the hair from color fading and heat
Types of Hair Wax
There are many different types of hair wax, depending on your hair length, type, and the specific result you are seeking.
If your primary aim is to tame your hair, you should go for gel wax. It is ideal for people with high volume hair. Even for those with short hair, gel wax is a match if you intend to give it a sharp look.
If you have soft hair, fiber wax is what you need to give it that dynamic look. If you are trying to amp up your hair, grease wax can help. It provides a unique, glossy, and wet look to your hair and goes well with both tomboyish and feminine styles.
Dry wax, also known as grey or mat, is your friend if your objective is to increase the volume of your hair. It helps if you want to create that feathery, velvety effect.
How To Apply Hair Wax?
You can apply the wax when the hair is dry or damp. You only need a little bit of wax, regardless of how long or voluminous your hair is. If you are applying on wet hair, be gentle as you apply it along the length of your hair. If you are applying on dry hair, warm the wax on your palm and apply it on the ends. Remember not to exert too much force. Go for curls and twirls as per your requirement.
How To Choose The Right Hair Wax?
Before you choose a hair wax, you need to understand your skin. You need to make sure that you don’t have a skin condition or an allergy to any particular product.
The kind of wax you need depends on the length of your hair, its volume, whether it’s straight or curly, and whether it’s ruffled or undisturbed.
Once you have a clearer picture of your hair, you should go for a wax that’s best suited for the look you have in mind.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. What’s the difference between hair wax and hair gel?
Gel can come in many forms, whereas wax is always solid. Hair wax gives you more freedom to experiment and play with your hair, unlike hair gel, which could be sticky, limiting in its usage. Moreover, a gel is easy to clean compared to hair wax, which needs thorough rinsing.
2. Is there anything I should do before waxing my hair?
Do look at the ingredients to know if something will cause an adverse reaction. Read the instructions to know whether the wax is right for your hair type. Before you apply, clean your hair to get rid of any other product.
Whether it’s a controlled or a free-flowing look, hair wax can do wonders to your appearance with little effort. It gives you the freedom to try out new looks and change your appearance every few weeks. Importantly, it also lets you adapt your style to the needs of the day, be it office or a cozy dinner.