Summer is synonymous with beach outings and pool hangouts, and you would want to look your best. However, making frequent salon visits in the hope of flaunting smooth, hairless skin may not be convenient. The best hard wax listed here can come to your rescue. Suitable for easy, at-home use, these hard waxes mad of handpicked beans melt quickly at a low temperature for a comfortable application and adhere to the hair follicle for smooth removal. As the wax hardens on its own, you don’t need strips to peel it off. With various options available on the market, choosing a suitable wax may be challenging. So, take a look at our list of professional-grade products and learn about their features.
Benefits Of Hard Wax Beans
Check out the benefits of using hard wax beans.
- Gentle: Hard wax is gentle on the skin and suitable for sensitive skin and areas.
- Less pain: It only adheres to the hair follicles, not the skin, and removes the hair from the roots for quick and easy waxing, thus causing little or no pain.
- Non-messy: Hard wax has a smooth consistency and hardens on its own, thus preventing drips and residue and allowing you to apply it evenly.
- Long-lasting results: As the hair is removed from the roots, it delays the hair growth rate, and the skin stays soft and smooth for at least three weeks.
How To Use Hard Wax Beans At Home?
Follow these simple steps to use hard wax beans at home.
- Clean the area thoroughly and apply pre-wax oil to protect the skin from the wax.
- Warm the wax beans in a wax warmer and microwave, and stir well to remove lumps.
- Gently apply the wax in the direction of the hair growth with a spatula or an applicator. Ensure the wax is soft and spreads evenly for easy removal. Create a lip to hold on to when taking the wax off.
- Wait for the wax to harden and grip the hair well.
- Peel off the wax in the opposite direction of the hair growth. You may have to apply some force so the wax comes off clean.
- Use a soothing gel or an in-grown serum after waxing.
13 Best Hard Wax
Cirepil brings you one of the best hard wax beads with a patented polymer formula that works well on different hair types, including long, coarse, short, shaved, soft and stubborn hair. It is safe for sensitive skin and suitable for removing body hair from various body parts, such as the face, arms, eyebrows, legs, underarms, and bikini lines. The beads help you measure the required amount and eliminate the need to get wax strips. Moreover, the low-temperature, gentle wax makes it easy and painless to remove difficult hair. Here’s a video that gives you more information about these painless wax beads.
- Dermatologically tested
- Lasting smoothness wax
- Suitable for professional use
- Gluten- and paraben-free
- May take a long time to melt
2. Best For Fine Hair: Nova Wax Hard Wax Beads
The fragrance-free wax beads suitable for full-body hair removal can help you get hair-free, beautiful skin without going to the salon. Made from wax pearls, these versatile beads melt at low temperatures for hassle-free use. Refill your waxing kit with these beads, and you are good to go. Be it the body or delicate areas like the face, this wax product works effectively to give you a smooth waxing experience.
- Hypoallergenic formula
- Removes fine hair
- Light color allows you to see how much hair was removed
- Might break after hardening
- Not vegan since it contains beeswax
Designed for full-body use, this dermatologist-tested product helps remove tough hair from deep within. The low melting point allows you to use this hard wax product at low and comfortable temperatures and facilitates quick, easy, and painless removal. The jasmine formula has a smooth and creamy texture, and the natural ingredients help keep your skin safe. It removes the stubborn hair from the roots and delays further hair growth.
- Suitable for all wax warmers
- Ideal for removing fine hair
- Includes ten disposable spatulas
- May take a long time to cool
Best For Professional Use
Best For Fine Hair
Best With Low Melting Point
|Cirepil Wax Beads Bag||Nova Wax Hard Wax Beads||Lifestance Hard Wax Beads|
|Skin Type||All, Sensitive, Dry||All, Sensitive, Normal||All, Sensitive, Normal|
|Dimensions||7 x 6 x 1 inches||-||-|
|Buy Now||Buy Now||Buy Now|
4. Best Easy-To-Use: Happy Waxing Refill Wax Beads
For a painless and smooth waxing experience, you can try the Happy Waxing refill wax beads. These professional-grade waxing beads are suitable for full-body waxing, including delicate areas like the bikini line. This wax is easy to apply and remove thanks to its smooth texture, offering visible results. No more messy strips; you only need a wax melting pot for easy use. It offers gentle hair removal and is suitable for all skin types.
- Suitable for thin and delicate hair
- Heats up quickly
- Has a pleasant smell
- Easy-to-use wax
- Quantity may not be sufficient
Yovanpur hard wax beads are a simple yet painless way to get rid of unwanted hair at home while enjoying glowing, soft skin for four to six weeks. These cosmetologist-approved beads can extract stubborn hair from deep within without side effects, minimizing discomfort and preventing ingrown hair. Furthermore, being gentle helps prevent irritation, redness, and rashes. You can use this wax on arms, legs, chest, back, and even delicate body parts like bikini lines.
- Suitable for all skin types
- Heats up quickly
- Pleasant fragrance
- Removes hair in one pull
- Might be a little messy for some
- Might seem a little soft
If you have sensitive skin that quickly gets irritated during waxing, you can opt for the Blitzwax hard wax beads. Containing lavender oil and other neurosensory ingredients, this helps soothe the skin and reduce pain. Moreover, it gently removes hair from delicate places, preventing rashes and irritation while leaving the skin soft and smooth. These wax beads are the ideal hair removal option as you can use them on the armpits, back, chest, face, and bikini area.
- Soothing fragrance
- Melts quickly
- Suitable for facial waxing as well
- Works well for thick and thin hair
- Some may not find the quantity sufficient
- May take some time to dry
Wax Necessities’ best hard wax kit for the bikini area is safe for sensitive skin. It is made of white tea leaf extract and a high-quality natural resin base that enhances the wax’s plasticity. The white tea leaf extract works as an antioxidant to soothe and nourish the skin. This creamy formula causes no irritation or redness and makes it easy to remove medium to coarse hair effectively, making it one of the best hard waxes for estheticians.
- Quick hardening time
- All-natural wax
- Medium thickness
- Pleasant fragrance
- Melts at a low temperature
- Might be difficult to peel off
Starpil Black Hard Wax Beads is a professional-grade wax that uses a gentle polymer blend formula for great flexibility and easy application. The stripless wax beads do not require non-woven wax strips for hair removal, making the process less painful than strip waxing. Additionally, they work effectively on sensitive areas and prevent ingrown hair growth, making them suitable for full-body waxing.
- Stripless wax–no need for non-woven wax strips
- Fast-cooling formula
- Dermatologist-tested and hypoallergenic formula
- Great for refilling and restocking your waxing supplies
- May be slightly messy
- May not lift thin hair
Nacare’s wax beans are infused with the goodness of beeswax, rosin, and coconut oil that offers smooth, soft, shiny, and moisturized skin. This flexible application wax is suitable for men and women and works on all body areas, including the bikini area, legs, arms, underarms, chest, and more. It is also easy to apply and flexible for quick spread and removal, making it one of the best hard waxes for home and salon use.
- Suitable for all skin and hair types
- Suitable for all seasons
- Helps prevent irritation and reddening
- Long-lasting results
- May have an unpleasant smell
Bella Verde wax beans are one of the best hard waxes for the face and work well on the eyebrows, upper lip, nose, and other delicate areas. Formulated by professionals, this wax ensures stripless, easy hair removal with less pain. It doesn’t stick to your skin and gently grips the hair to remove it from the roots. You can also use it for Brazilian waxing for effective results.
- Suitable for all skin types
- Doesn’t leave any trace
- Professional wax with gentle formula
- Might have a thin consistency
Ajoura’s all-purpose wax beans are made of 100% natural ingredients, such as high-quality rose polymer, to grip the hair gently for smooth removal, making it suitable for stubborn hair. You can use this versatile formula to remove body hair from various parts, including the face, underarms, legs, arms, and bikini area. Its firm texture and grip allow you to wax short, coarse hair without hurting the skin.
- Suitable for sensitive skin
- Long-lasting results
- Premium quality wax
- Natural formula
- Low melting point
- Might leave a sticky residue
The hard wax beans by Yeelen is one of the best hard waxes for estheticians. It is suitable for full-body hair removal and helps eliminate fine hair easily. Its creamy texture offers adequate flexibility to spread the wax evenly and cover small, delicate areas. One of the best hard waxes for sensitive skin, the wax grips the hair gently and removes it from the root to delay hair growth. Depending on the hair type and growth rate, the results can stay up to six weeks.
- Low melting point
- High elasticity
- Does not hurt the skin
- Helps exfoliate the skin
- Ideal for quick waxing
- May crumble on cooling
13. Best Dermatologist-Tested: Satin Smooth Wild Cherry Hard Hair Removal Wax
The Wild Cherry hard hair removal wax by Satin Smooth is enriched with vitamin E to help prevent irritation and natural cherry fruit extracts that soothe the skin. The wax spreads evenly on large areas for easy application and removal, making it one of the best professional hard waxes you can lay your hands on. Suitable for fine to medium hair, the wax works well on the legs, arms, chest, face, and underarms. It also can be used for bikini waxing. The product also contains titanium dioxide, which acts as a natural buffer and thus eliminates the requirement for talcum powder.
- Safe for sensitive skin
- Creamy formula
- Not tested on animals
- Professional wax with low melting point
- Might be messy
How To Choose The Right Hard Wax?
Consider the following factors when choosing a hard wax for hair removal sessions at home.
- Melting point: Ensure the wax has a low melting point so you can use it at a comfortable temperature without accidentally burning the skin.
- Ingredients: Check the ingredients of the wax beans before choosing the right one.It should have dermatologically approved or natural ingredients such as beeswax, essential oils, and paraffin to keep your skin soft and safe.
- Hair type: While some wax beans work best on coarse hair, others might be more suitable for fine to medium hair. So, consider your requirements before choosing the hard wax.
- Texture: Ensure the wax melts evenly and is soft and flexible for easy and smooth application. It should have a good grip, so the hair comes off quickly without leaving any residue.
Why Trust MomJunction?
Poulami Nag is an experienced writer and editor who loves trying out and reviewing skincare and beauty products. She enjoys researching new products to suggest the best ones to her readers. Poulami has considered multiple products and customer reviews to offer an unbiased opinion and suggest the best hard waxes. These wax beans are easy to use, effective, long-lasting, and have skin-friendly ingredients. Poulami has also added a buying guide to help you understand the factors to consider when choosing a suitable product.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Is hard wax less painful?
Unlike soft or traditional wax, hard wax adheres to only the hair and not the skin and thus ensures an almost painless removal. It is gentle and more suitable for sensitive areas.
2. Is hard wax safe to use?
Hard wax is generally made of natural ingredients and is safe to use. However, it is recommended to do a patch test even with non-abrasive wax before usage to prevent allergies and irritation.
3. Can I use hard wax on my face?
Yes, you can use hard wax on your face as it is gentle and does not hurt the soft and delicate skin.
4. Is hard wax reusable after melting?
Yes, you can reuse hard wax after melting but ensure to use it only on yourself.
5. Is using hard wax less painful than soft wax?
Unlike soft wax, hard wax adheres to only the hair and not the skin, easing the waxing process and ensuring hair removal with minimal pain. It is gentle and more suitable for sensitive areas.
6. What type of hard wax is best for Brazilian waxing?
Beeswax and paraffin hard waxes are good options as they help remove coarse hair and are gentle and effective on sensitive areas.
7. What will happen if I leave hard wax on for too long?
Hard wax may crack or break and be problematic to remove if it is left unattended. Also, it may break hair in half instead of removing it.
Getting smooth, silky, hairless skin has become easy with the best hard waxes in this article. These wax beans offer various benefits and are specially formulated to cater to individual requirements. When choosing one, consider a product that suits your skin and hair type for the best results. Moreover, it shouldn’t get too hot or cool too quickly so that you can spread the wax evenly for quick removal. Remember to apply a thick layer of wax to prevent it from breaking or cracking into small bits. Also, it is recommended to do a patch test to avoid any risk of irritation or allergies. We recommend the Cirepil Wax Beads Bag for professional use, and the dermatologist-tested Lifestance Hard Wax Beads, which works well on fine hair. You may also try the Yovanpur Hard Wax Beans, which are suitable for all skin types.
Infographic: How To Do Waxing At Home Using A Hard Wax?
From epilators to hair removal creams and razors, there are several ways for hair removal. However, despite being painful, waxing is still popular among women for its better hair removal efficacy. Additionally, hard wax is preferred over soft wax as they are less painful and do not require strips. Explore the steps for the use of hard wax in the infographic below.