The Harry Potter franchise has the power to transport anybody to a magical universe. Spanning several books and movie adaptations, the story teaches about loyalty, acceptance, and bravery. If your child is a Potterhead, they will surely love the Harry Potter-themed toys for an exciting playtime.
Harry Potter and his friends are role models to many children and adults. So, if your child loves these characters, you can explore our list of the best Harry Potter toys to choose the right one.
Our Top Picks
11 Best Harry Potter Toys
Officially authorized by Warner Brothers, this wand is 14-inch long and is a recreation of the original wand. You can wave the wand to light it up or turn it off. It has a button on the side to increase or decrease the brightness level. This wand runs on two AAA batteries. Here is an informative video that tells you more about the product.
- Suitable for role play
- Comes in a colorful case
- Dimmable LED light
- Made of durable plastic
- Make a great gift on any occasion
- Batteries may lose charge quickly
- May not be easy to remove battery port
Suitable for children aged three years and above, this set contains two Hogwarts-inspired crests, two Harry Potter characters, two spell books, two glow-in-the-dark clue cards, four surprise accessories, two wands, and two large accessories. You can discover various secret glow-in-the-dark clues or invisible spells through water-reveal mechanisms. The set also provides rare and ultra-rare characters for your collection. Check out a review video of this product to know why it is one of the best out there.
- Officially licensed product
- Lovely accessories
- Make a great collectible
- Available in three styles to choose from
- May be smaller than you expect
- May not be scratch-resistant
Jada Toys’ figurine collection has an authentic license from Harry Potter and is manufactured using durable die-cast metal and metallic paints. Each figure is 1.65-inch tall and weighs 30g. The pack includes Harry Potter, Ron Weasley, Professor Trelawney, Hermione Granger, Lord Voldemort, Rita Skeeter, Draco Malfoy, Luna Lovegood, Albas Dumbledore, Ginny Weasley, Rubeus Hagrid, Professor Snape, Percy Weasley, Professor McGonagall, and more.
- Well-sculpted figurines
- Can be used for school projects
- Apt for Christmas tree decoration
- Suitable for role play
- Suitable for children aged three years and above
- Paints may chip over time
- Figures are tiny
This tower can help your child indulge in imaginative play. It includes sticker sheets, openable doors, and two exclusive die-cast metal figurines of Harry Potter and Professor Snape. There are movable chairs, paintings that open to reveal stairways to common rooms, and several other details inside the tower. Check out this video to learn more about the product.
- Can be paired with Funko Pop figures
- Works as a showpiece
- Easy to assemble
- Realistic Gryffindor style
- May have a peculiar odor
5. Best To Recreate Scenes:Lego Harry Potter Hogwarts: Polyjuice Potion Mistake Bathroom Building Kit
The Lego set offers amazing adventures, innovative features, and popular characters in a popular Hogwarts location. It includes Harry Potter, Ron Weasley, and Hermione Granger mini-figures, detailed accessories, and a buildable Moaning Myrtle’s bathroom. Suitable for children aged seven and above, the set has exciting features, such as a secret passage and transforming mini-figures, to recreate scenes from the series. You will find a detailed review of this product in this video.
- Suitable for children aged seven years and above
- Exclusive 20th-anniversary commemorative set
- Two collectible wizard cards included
- Connects with other Lego Harry Potter sets
- Small parts may pose a choking hazard
If your Harry Potter collection is missing the character Dobby, this realistic doll by Mattel can be a suitable choice. It is five-inch tall and dressed in a fabric tunic. The doll comes with a sock as an accessory to recreate the iconic scene. You can put it up for display or use it for storytelling.
- Suitable for children above six years
- Great for storytelling or display
- Movable body joints
- Can be gifted on any occasion
- Paint may chip with time
- Limbs may be fragile
The set includes Hermione Granger, Ron Weasley, and Harry Potter mini-figures, five buildable modules, Fluffy–the giant buildable dog with three heads, and accessories such as a magical harp. You can reconfigure this versatile kit endlessly, and it is easy to assemble.
- Poseable Fluffy
- Enhances hand-eye coordination
- Special 20th Lego Harry Potter anniversary set
- Can be paired with other Lego Harry Potter sets
- Has two random wizard cards
- May require parental supervision while assembling
Let your children gather their friends and use this hat to determine whether they will be sorted into Slytherin, Hufflepuff, Ravenclaw, or Gryffindor. It has realistic details that one can use to recreate iconic scenes. The movements of the mouth, head, and eyebrows add more fun to the situation. It can speak up to 15 phrases with the press of a button.
- Comes with an instruction manual
- Recognizes the wearer upon usage
- Can speak French and English
- Three AAA Duracell batteries included
- Children may take time to familiarize themselves with the toy
The Hedwig owl can respond to your touch and recognize your tone. It can make more than 15 sounds and movements, including moving the beak, flapping wings, turning the head, hooting, nibbling on the finger, and cooing. She also lets you know when she is happy or sad. You can put an envelope in her mouth to deliver important messages and make the interaction more interesting. This set includes one Hedwig figure, one Hogwarts envelope, one perch, and one comb.
- Batteries included in the toy
- Great for children aged five years and above
- Made of high-quality plush
- Comes with instruction sheet
- May attract dirt
- May have limited movement
The adorable eight-inch-tall Luna Lovegood doll can help you recreate various fun scenes from the Harry Potter series. She wears her Hogwarts uniform, the Raven claw sweater, a tulle fabric skirt, removable shoes, and holds a wand. The doll’s adorable facial details and long, wavy hair make it more realistic.
- Can be used for storytelling
- Well-detailed figurine
- Stands by itself
- Five points of articulation
- Hair may not be easy to maintain
- Paint on the legs may chip with time
The calendar offers 24 characters from the Harry Potter series to collect by opening the tiny doors. You can find the miniature dolls and assemble them in your collection or use them as décor. The figures are made of vinyl and are approximately two-inch tall.
- Comes with season-themed outfits
- Intricate detailing
- Suitable for first-time advent calendar buyers
- Apt for gifting
- Some figurines may not stand on their own
How To Choose The Right Harry Potter Toys?
Keep the following points in mind when buying Harry Potter toys.
- Theme: Ensure the toy matches the theme of your existing collection or choose collector’s edition toys for a special addition to your set.
- Age-appropriate: Make sure you consider the recipient’s age when choosing the toy. While some toys are suitable for young children, others might be complicated or unsafe for them to handle.
- Quality: Ensure the toy is durable and made of high-quality material, such as die-cast metal. It should be non-toxic and safe for children to use. You can choose authentic merchandise or products authorized by Warner Brothers for the best quality.
Why Trust MomJunction?
Priti Bose has curated a list of the best Harry Potter toys after extensively searching and comparing the various products available online. With various options available, she has selected products that are unique, durable, safe, and long-lasting. This compilation and buying guide is sure to help you select the right toy for your child. She has also considered user feedback to ensure quality and an unbiased performance.
Choosing a toy based on this series can be tricky for all the Harry Potter fans out there. Since the young Potterhead you are buying this gift for may have favorite characters, do a little digging and understand their likes and dislikes regarding the Harry Potter world before buying them the best Harry Potter toys. Further, ensure that the toy is age appropriate and made of high-quality materials. If you are buying a toy for a child under seven years, ensure it does not have any small parts that may be choking hazards.
- Best Squishies Toys
- Best Xbox 360 Games For Kids
- Best Basketballs For Kids
- Best Books For 11 And 12 -Year-Olds
View Profile ›