Nothing can complete the attire as a hat can. Hats add flair and, not to forget, they make your little one look extra adorable. There are a plethora of hat options from which you can find one that matches the design of their dress. You could also add a splash of color to their attire by picking hats of contrasting colors.
If you want to add hats to your little one’s wardrobe, this MomJunction post is for you. Here, we make shopping for hats easy with a guide on how to pick that perfect one and also list the 11 best hats for kids.
11 Best Hats For Kids
It is a utilitarian knit cap that allows for maximum protection during the cold weather.
- The fabric is acrylic and provides warmth.
- The hat is stretchable and can cover the child’s ears to keep them warm.
- It is available in 19 color options so that you can pick one according to your child’s preference.
- The hat can be hand-washed.
This has a simple design but provides adequate sun protection for your little one.
- The brim of the hat is wide to provide optimum protection against sun rays.
- The fabric of the hat comes with a UPF 50+ rating for protection against both UVA and UVB rays.
- It comes with an adjustable head strap and chin strap.
- The mesh fabric on each side of the hat provides adequate ventilation.
- It is available in nine color options.
This hat offers extensive protection against sunlight. It is the hat to carry with you when visiting beaches or a sunny picnic spot.
- The hat comes with flaps that cover the nape and the sides of the face for optimum sun protection.
- It comes with UPF 50+ rating for protection against UV rays.
- The fabric is breathable and allows for ventilation to minimize sweating.
- The chinstrap keeps the hat securely in its place.
- The fabric is free from harmful chemicals and also water tolerant.
- The hat is machine-washable.
- It is available in nine color variants.
This is the hat to wear on those balmy days when the sunlight is just about bearable.
- A cord around the circumference of the hat allows the parent to tighten the hat’s grip on the child’s head.
- The hat comes with an adjustable chin strap.
- The meshed fabric on the sides allows airflow.
- The brim of the hat is wider at the back, thus protecting the nape.
- It comes with a UPF 50+ rating for UV protection.
- The hat is water repellent and is also resistant to staining.
- It is available in 23 color options.
A perky bright bucket hat, this one is ideal for the next outing or picnic.
- It has a chin strap with a buckle, which makes it easy to wear and remove the hat.
- A mesh fabric surrounds the top of the hat for adequate ventilation.
- A bungee cord makes it easy to adjust the fitting of the hat.
- The peak of the hat can be pushed down so that you can store the hat in a flat position in a bag.
- The fabric of the hat is water-repellent and stain-resistant.
- It has a UPF 50+ rating for protection against UV rays.
- It comes in 19 color variants.
A simple hat that is suitable for daily use, especially during the summer days.
- The hat comes with UPF 50+ rating that filters out 99% of UV rays.
- The angled brim protects against sunlight.
- It is made from soft microfiber and comfortable mesh fabric.
- It comes with a chin strap. There is a bungee cord around the hat, which allows you to tighten the grip of the hat.
- The hats come in a pack of two, so you have a spare one in case one is soiled.
The bucket hat-style hat for kids provides all-round protection.
- The hat’s fabric is a mix of nylon and spandex. The spandex allows for stretchability.
- It comes with a UPF 50+ rating, which provides maximum UV protection to the covered areas.
- The hat protects against both UVA and UVB rays.
- The fabric of the hat is entirely free of harsh chemicals, thus making it safe for the child’s skin.
- The bungee cord makes it easy to adjust the fitting of the hat.
- The hat is available in 14 color options.
This fedora hat works best with formal or party wear and may even go with your child’s next Halloween costume.
- The narrow sides, along with the upturned back rim makes the hat very stylish.
- The hat comfortably fits on the child’s head and requires no adjustments.
- It is made from a blend of cotton and polyester to provide a blend of both durability and comfort.
- The hat is available in five color variants, which go with most attires.
This hat’s panache will make your young man look super handsome.
- It is made from 100% cotton.
- You can machine-wash the hat on the gentle setting.
- The sweatband absorbs perspiration while the cotton lining allows for ventilation.
- There is an elastic band at the back of the hat to adjust the fitting.
- You can pick the hat in five colors.
This hat suits girls with long hair quite well and makes it convenient for them to manage their tresses.
- The hat features a hole above the posterior edge of the brim to allow for the ponytail to slide easily outwards.
- A cord above the ponytail hole allows the child or parent to tighten the grip of the hat around the head.
- A bungee cord-style chin strap allows for adjustment of the hat.
- There is an inner sweat-band that absorbs perspiration. The hat is also resistant to water and dries quickly in case it gets drenched.
- There is mesh fabric on the sides for ventilation.
- There is a snap button on each of the sides of the brim. It allows the brim to be folded inwards for convenience.
It makes an ideal cowboy hat for children planning to dress up as cowboys for a fancy dress party or Halloween.
- It is a set of a cowboy hat and a bandana to give the child a complete look.
- There are a lot of details etched on the cowboy hat to give it a fashionable look.
- A bungee cord-style chip strap makes adjusting the hat easy.
- The hat set is available in six color variants.
How To Pick Hats For Kids?
Look for the following features when buying a hat for children.
- Adequate coverage: Choose hats with a wide brim (the rim of the hat) if you want sufficient sun protection. Some hats come with attached flaps at the back or the sides for extra protection. If your child wants more visibility, then hats with a narrower brim at the front can be a good choice.
- Chinstrap: A hat can easily be blown away by a gust of wind. It can also be difficult for a child to control a flapping hat on a breezy beach. A chinstrap can keep the hat secure and prevent it from getting lost.
- UV protection: If the child is going to wear a hat in mostly sunny conditions, then it is good to choose a hat that offers UV protection. Look for UPF (UV protection factor) rating, which indicates that the hat can shield from the sun’s UV rays.
- Moisture management: Hats that offer moisture control help reduce the amount of sweat accumulated in the hat. Hats with this feature can soak up the sweat and also provide ventilation. Hats with sufficient moisture management are a good choice during the summer season.
Hats work great for any occasion, be it a family picnic, a day at the beach, or even a Halloween party. Pick a hat based on where your kid is likely to wear it. Choosing the right hat will let your child look fashionable, as well as comfortable.
Does your child have a favorite hat that they wear at all times? Do tell us more about it in the comment section below.