A pair of heat-resistant gloves is a much-needed safety accessory, safeguarding the hands from excessive heat, burns, or scalding. It comes in handy for varied purposes, including barbeque/grilling, baking, and welding. While some gloves are made of superior-quality polyester and cotton, others are made of silicone or leather. Most gloves are designed to withstand extreme heat and offer durability and excellent grip.
Here is a list of some of the best heat-resistant gloves that you can buy online. Go through their features carefully and choose the one that impresses you the most.
Top 13 Best Heat Resistant Gloves in 2020
These heat-resistant gloves are lightweight and make cooking easy and accident-free. Made of superior quality para- and meta-aramid fibers, the flexible and anti-skid gloves by Grill Heat Aid can withstand heat up to 932℉. Theheat-resistant gloves come with a wrist length of 10cm. One of the best pair of barbeque gloves, it can be machine-washed and is perfect for wear while grilling and barbecuing.
- Highly flexible
- Comes with silicone strips (palms as well as the back of hands), enhancing the grip by several folds
- 100% high-quality cotton lining makes it highly comfortable
- Exterior neither melts nor catches fire even while working with open fires
- May not be ideal for individuals with big hands
- May not be able to absorb heat up to 900℉ as advertised
The heat-resistant gloves by RAPICCAare a good choice for high-temperature works such as GMAW (Mig Welding), FCAW (Flux-Core welding), SMAW (Stick Welding), and forging. The gloves come with a double layer of reinforced Kevlar on the fingers and the elbow, palm, and back of the gloves. The 16-inch welding gloves contain not one but four layers of heat protection. The protective layers include an outermost double layer of leather padding, a composite layer of extreme temperature-resistant aluminum foil (air-isolated), along with a flame-retardant cotton cloth. It also features a 100% soft and insulated intermediate cotton liner (flame-retardant). Made of thick (1.5mm) and natural (soft shoulder split) cowhide leather, the gloves are not only heat- and wear-resistant, but also cut-resistant, oil-resistant, and puncture-resistant.
- Heat resistant up to500℃/932°F
- Comes with a long sleeve of 7.5-inch length, safeguarding the forearms from open flames, welding sparks, and hot coal
- Offers thermal protection
- May not be very flexible
- Threads may come apart after a few uses
If you are looking for good heat-resistant gloves for grilling, the product by Heat Guardian is worth giving a try. The gloves with a five-inch cuff go a long way to safeguard the hands and wrist from extreme heat up to 932°F. The grill gloves are quite flexible and can be used safely as pot holders, oven mitts, and heat trivets.
- Durable and comfortable, with an anti-slip grip
- Comes with a silicone-based exterior for an optimized protection
- May not be able to resist very high heat (932°F as advertised)
The heat-resistant oven gloves are an ideal choice for grilling, baking, and barbecuing. From lodging cast iron to grabbing the pizza stone, the heat protection gloves have been designed to provide ultimate protection from heat and flame. The heat-resistant gloves for grilling come with EN407 certification and can resist high heat up to 932°F.
- Flexible and lightweight with a silicone-based superior grip and flex design (five fingers) for optimal performance
- Para- and meta-aramid fabrics insulation for high heat resistance
- The sizing chart may be misleading
The heat-resistant gloves are made of CE-Level 3 cut-resistant fiber. The13-inch long, lab-certified, and heat-resistant Kevlar gloves keep your hands safe from cuts and bruises while handling sharp utensils or knives.
- Comes with extra-long cuffs, ensuring enhanced forearm protection
- Can resist heat up to 932°F for about five seconds
- Anti-slip grip
- Steam resistant
- Might be a little expensive
- May not be waterproof
The gloves are a great choice for individuals who love cooking and grilling. The heat-resistant cooking gloves are made of aramid fibers, ensuring optimal insulation and protection from extreme heat. Although a little thick, the flexible and lightweight gloves can withstand heat up to 932°F for eight seconds (threshold time), and heat of 500°F for 15 seconds.
- Anti-slip, food-grade silicone strips offer excellent grip
- Premium and skin-friendly polyester and cotton inner lining for maximum comfort
- Not machine-washable
- May not provide heat protection from hot liquids
The product by Euhome comprises heat-resistant gloves along with a 3-in-1 grilling accessory. The heat-resistant grilling gloves come with EN407 certification and can resist heat up to 1,472℉. It features three layers of premium, washable, and breathable fabric and comes laden with grilling accessories that include a silicone basting brush and bear-claw meat shredders. The silicone brush can withstand heat up to 446℉.
- Comes with EN388 level 5 cut-resistance
- Comes with a stretchable inner lining of cotton and spun wool for extra comfort
- Non-slip skull design on the front for a good grip
- Extra-long wrist guards for forearm protection
- May not provide good protection from extreme heat as advertised
Made of 100% Dupont Nomex fiber, the gloves are flame-resistant and come with high strength and toughness. With a 10.5-inch length and 4-inch width, the heat-resistant gloves are quite large and suitable for most hands. The BBQ/oven heat-resistant gloves can withstand extreme heat without melting.
- Comfortable, lightweight, and thermally safe
- Silicone texturing on palms and fingers (both sides) ensure excellent grip
- Regular cuffs with a convenient slip-on/off
- Heat resistant up to 350℉
- May not be watrerproof
The heat-resistant silicone gloves are an ideal choice for working with a smoker or a grill. One of the best heat-resistant gloves, the product comes with a dimension of 10.5in (length) x 7.5in (width). The gloves are made of premium food-grade silicone.
- Ambidextrous, waterproof gloves are suitable for most hand sizes
- Comes with an anti-slip exterior for optimum flexibility and grip
- Can withstand high heat up to 425°F
- Easy-to-clean and dishwasher-safe
- May not be very flexible to use
- May not be an ideal choice for big hands
If you are looking for superior-quality heat-resistant gloves for hairstyling, the product by AFT90 is worth giving a try. The gloves are made of breathable, soft, flexible, and superior-quality cotton and measures 8.7in x 5.2in.
- Comes with thermostable silicone bumps (on both sides), providing isolation and protection from hot hair styling tools such as curling irons and hairdryers
- AFT90 heat-resistant up to 572°F for five seconds (threshold time)
- Elastic for different hand sizes
- Might start melting if used for too long
- Might not be very durable
One of the best heat-resistant gloves for cooking, the product offers both heat as well as cold resistance and can tolerate temperatures between -100°F and 400°F for quite some time. For temperature between 400°F and 570°F, the threshold time is only a few seconds. The gloves are made of EU specified and US FDA 21 CFR 175.300 food-grade liquid silicone, ensuring optimal performance and durability. The waterproof silicone gloves can be cleaned easily with hot water and a mild detergent.
- Made of temperature/ heat-resistant liquid silicone, ensuring a better tensile strength and durability
- Comes with CE certification and EN 407 convective heat Level 4
- BPA-free, stain-proof, odorless, anti-slip, and impermeable to grease
- Dexterous and pliable and features a soft interior lining for cool and sweat-free hands
- Comes with the patented 7-level Coral Air liner (sandwiched structure) for superior heat-resistance and protection
- Not dishwasher friendly
The leather gloves by Magid Glove & Safety come with an M-force flame-tolerant defense system at the back of the hands to absorb impact and provide high protection from open flame and heat. Made of high-quality goatskin leather, the gloves offer abrasion resistance, cut resistance, and puncture resistance, and comes with EN407:2004 Certification for burning behavior Level 8.
- Para-aramid stitches for an enhanced strength and heat/flame resistivity
- 3 ½-inch fully lined gauntlet cuff provides protection well past the hands
- May not be an ideal choice for welding purposes
- May not be very durable
The heat-resistant gloves come with three heat-protection layers that include food-grade, anti-slip silicone strips (on both sides), and a 100% aramid outer layer for superior alkali-, acid-, and heat-resistance. They also have soft cotton inner lining for better ventilation, comfort, and dissipation of heat. The 10.2-inch long gloves for women protect not only the hands, but also the wrist from extreme heat and burns.
- Can withstand temperatures between 212℉ and 932℉
- EN407/EN420 certified triple-heat technology
- Ambidextrous, flexible, with anti-slip finger design
- Can be used in the oven and microwave
- May appear quite stiff and tight on arrival
How To Choose The Best Heat-Resistant Gloves?
Here are a few useful tips to help you buy the best heat-resistant gloves.
- Purpose: From cooking to hairstyling,heat-resistant gloves can be used for different purposes. The main difference between the gloves lies in their ability to withstand heat. While the cooking and welding gloves can withstand a higher temperature range, the hair-styling gloves may not be able to tolerate extreme temperatures. Thus, you have to be sure about the intent of use before buying the heat-resistant gloves.
- Quality: While some gloves are made of heavy-duty, 100% genuine leather, others may be manufactured using silicone, cotton, aramid fabric, Dupont Nomex fiber, or premium rubber/latex. In most cases, the material used in manufacturing the gloves is heat-resistant, soft, durable, and waterproof, ensuring optimum performance and heat protection.
- Temperature and heat protection: A good pairof heat-resistant gloves can resist extreme temperatures with a long threshold time. Many heat-protective gloves can tolerate a wide temperature range, from -100°F to as high as 1472℉. Further, some gloves come laden with three to four layers of heat protection for better insulation. A few high-quality gloves also come with heat-protective certifications.
- Built-in features: The built-in features, along with the design, go a long way to enhance the performance of the heat-resistant gloves. Several gloves come with silicone strips on the exterior (both sides) and anti-slip finger design for a better gripwhile handling hot tools or cookware. Some of the gloves are steam-resistant, cut-resistant, puncture-resistant, and waterproof and contain extra-long sleeves/cuffs to protect the forearm from burns and scalding. In addition to the built-in features, many heat-resistant gloves have useful accessories, such as meat shredders and silicone brush.
- Budget: Budget is an important parameter that you should not ignore while buying heat-resistant gloves. While a few premium gloves may leave a big hole in the pocket, you can also find heat-resistant gloves with great features at an affordable price.
- Size: It also makes sense to go through the size chart carefully so that the purchased gloves fit your hands well.
Frequently Asked Questions
- How should I wear gloves?
In most cases, heat-resistant gloves are very easy and convenient to wear. However, for safety purposes, it is advised not to wear the heat-protective gloves when wet. Also, avoid these gloves for handling hot liquids.
- Can I wash heat-resistant gloves? How do I care for and clean heat-resistant gloves?
Yes, most of the heat-resistant gloves can be washed and cleaned easily. While some of the gloves are dishwasher-friendly, others can be machine-washed. In some cases, the gloves can be cleaned simply with hot water and a mild liquid dish soap solution. For better maintenance, one should, however, avoid bleaching the gloves.
- Are latex gloves heat-resistant?
Many latex gloves come with excellent grip and elasticity and can withstand extreme temperatures, thereby making them a great choice as heat-resistant gloves.
- Are nitrile gloves heat-resistant?
In addition to extreme heat-resistivity, the nitrile gloves also offer good grip and are resistant to puncture, thereby safeguarding your hands from extreme heat, burns, and scalding while handling hot objects.
Heat-resistant gloves with good grip and heat-protection features make working with hot objects easy and accident-free. Available in different sizes, most of the gloves are durable and easy to clean, making the purchase worth your time and effort.