As winter begins, a warm and cozy room can bring great comfort. If you have a baby at home, make sure you get one of the best heaters for their room and ensure that they are comfortable during the season.
With the right kind of heater, you won’t have to worry about the baby’s comfort or safety and enjoy a good night’s sleep free of worries. But what kind of heater should you pick for the baby’s room, and how do you ensure that it is safe?
Read on as we tell you more in this post about the best heaters for baby room and a guide on choosing the right heater.
Safety Tips While Using Heaters For Baby Room
Listed below are a few safety tips to follow while using room heaters.
- Read the manual for model-specific instructions and information on your room heaters.
- Experts recommend not to use a room heater while sleeping as it could lead to fire accidents. Warm the room before and switch it off while sleeping.
- Never leave the heater unattended in the baby’s room. It is safe to use the heaters under supervision.
- Ensure the heater carries a safety certification label from independent testing organizations. It should be compliant with the UL mark from Underwriters Laboratories, the ETL label from Intertek, or CSA International certification.
- The baby’s room must have a smoke detector, which should be tested frequently.
- Plugin the heater directly into the socket; avoid using extension cords as that could overheat the heater, resulting in a fire.
- Do not plugin other appliances with the heaters.
- Avoid room heaters that use fuel such as paraffin, gas, or kerosene to prevent hazardous health effects.
- Maintain a separate thermostat alarm to ensure that the baby’s room is not overheated.
- Place the heater at a minimum distance of three feet from curtains and bedsheets.
- Check-up for damages regularly and thoroughly.
- Do not let the babies play near the heaters.
- Carefully inspect the heaters for any loose connections, damaged plugs before each use. Avoid using in case of any damage.
- Install the heaters in proper places and avoid placing them near doorways or frequently used areas to prevent accidents.
- Place the heaters on a flat surface. If placed on an uneven surface, there are chances of overheating and starting a fire.
- When not in use, the heaters should be unplugged and stored safely.
10 Best Heaters For Baby Room
The Lasko Ceramic Heater makes an ideal option for the baby’s room with its elongated ceramic parts and safety features. It comes with a built-in oscillating fan that distributes warm air throughout the room. The heater offers up to 1500W of heating power. It is slim, compact, lightweight, and portable.
The digital display screen enables effortless operation where you can select temperatures in Celsius or Fahrenheit. The remote control helps adjust the temperature, oscillation, and timer, set between one hour and eight hours. The room heater automatically shuts down in case it gets overheated and is fire-safe.
- Wireless remote
- Digital display
- Cool exteriors
- Small but effective
- Does not have a tip-over protection
The TaoTronics Space Heater utilizes advanced ceramic heating technology to generate instant and effective warmth consistently. The PTC electric heater features a V0 flame-retardant material, an overheating protection sensor, and a tip-over safety switch. It has three customized heating modes (low/high and ECO) with the heating power between 900W and 1500W and temperature settings between 41 and 95°F.
The heater provides a 70-degree wide oscillation, evenly distributing the warm air through the room, and a built-in timer set from one to twelve hours. It has a hidden handle that makes it easy to transport.
- Quick and effective heating
- Compact design and powerful
- Handy remote control
- LED digital display
- The front gets hot quickly
With 1500Ws of heating power and seven fins, this oil-filled radiator heater with a digital thermostat heats the room effectively. It comes with an elegant control panel, soft-touch buttons, and a digital display. Three heating options of 600, 900, 1500 watts, and Eco mode are available for added comfort. It comes with a remote control, a 24-hour timer, and an adjustable temperature between 40°F and 95°F.
- Hassle-free operation
- Adjustable heat settings
- Child-lock function
- Caster wheels
- Panel gets too hot to touch
- May not be ideal for a small room
Air Choice Space Heater with remote and one-hand design provides a unique room heating experience. The portable ceramic heater comes with three selection modes for fan, warm and hot winds. This heater has a remote control with sensitive and long-distance sensing features and has a timer feature ranging from one to twelve hours. The adjustable thermostat can be used in three different power modes and has an oscillation of 120-degree. When the device is overheated, it shuts off automatically. Also, you can adjust the temperature between 50°F and 95°F.
- Heats up quickly
- Noisy fan
- Uses more power
The Vornadobaby Heater is built with a baby’s safety in mind. It comes with a curved surface and does not have sharp edges that could hurt a child. The device has an elegant design that adds beauty to the baby’s room. It has a noiseless operation, a child-safety button, locking controls, and sensors that shut down after reaching the required temperature.
- Adjustable thermostat
- Cool-touch outer surface
- Tip-over protection
- Auto shut-off
- Five-year guarantee
- Suitable only for small-sized rooms
Asterion Portable Office Heater comes with a tall, rectangular body, standing about 13 inches tall, and a flat rounded bottom suitable for small spaces. It has an adjustable 72-degree oscillation, so you can fix the direction you need. The digital LED display screen indicates the running mode and temperature. The timer can be adjusted from 0.5 to 24 hours.
- Programmable thermostat
- Effective heat distribution
- Easy to operate
- Handles for easy portability
- Overheat protection
- Tip-over protection
- Suitable only for small to medium-sized rooms
- Temperature setting could be problematic
Equipped with PTC heating technology, this personal heater warms the area quickly and uniformly. It has a two-in-one function and can also be used as a standard electric fan. The heater features a 45-degree oscillating design, allowing equal distribution of air. The heater includes dust filters, an LED indicator, built-in handles, a power switch, and a tip-over switch. The heater automatically turns off if it tips over or overheats.
- Compact and powerful
- Easy-to-operate small buttons
- Cleaning made easy
- Low-noise level
- May not be ideal for daily use
- Safety issues
With rustproof steel, permanently sealed oil compartment, ABS flame-resistant material, tail fin separation, tip-over, and overheat protection, this heater is safe to use. Built with an energy-saving and smart thermostat, it has three heating modes (600, 900, and 1500W) and an adjustable temperature range between 41°F and 95°F.
- Convection heating technology
- Noiseless operation
- Provides consistent warmth
- Four caster wheels and handles allow for easy maneuverability
- May have heating issues
- May not be suitable for heavy-duty use
Made from an efficient PTC ceramic heating element, this heater gets hot very quickly. This small heater is ideal to use for personal spaces. It emits low noise and is convenient to operate. It features overheat and thermal fuse double protection, tip-over auto shut-off feature, and flame-resistant material, making it safe to use. The fuselage adopts imported quality ABS flame-retardant (V0 grade) housing.
- Quick and effective heating
- Compact design
- Portable and handy
- Easy operation
- Flame resistant material built
- There might be quality issues
- May not be suitable for bigger rooms
Numifun Infrared Space Heater uses a high-quality quartz heating element and a radiation wave heating method that quickly spreads the heat uniformly. It warms up the surroundings directly instead of merely blowing warm wind out. The device automatically adjusts the operating power depending on the room temperature. There is an adjustable heat setting to conserve fuel and keep the room warm and includes carrying handles, overheating, and tip-over protection.
- Simple, short-range heater
- Noiseless infrared heater
- Low power consumption
- Users might face thermostat issues
- Gives peculiar chemical odor
How To Choose Right Heater For Baby Room?
Consider the below points while choosing a heater for the baby’s room.
- Type: Ceramic heaters, also called convention heaters, are commonly used for heating a single room and take time to heat the given space. Radiant heaters work well for spot heating, while infrared space heaters use infrared quartz bulbs as heating agents. Micathermic heaters are hybrid models and a combination of convection and radiant heaters.
- Design: There are two types of heaters – floor heaters and personal heaters. Floor heaters are space-saving, compact, vertical, and portable, whereas personal heaters are used to warm up small spaces and are meant for specific needs. Select a design that does not tip over.
- Programmable thermostat: A thermostat regulates the working duration of the room heaters. It helps set the required temperature, with most heaters having high to low settings.
- Heater size and heating capacity: The heater size depends on the size of the room. Small heaters are designed to heat only a tiny space, whereas larger heaters can quickly warm the entire room but consume more energy.
- Timer: This feature allows you to set the period for running the heater at a specific time. Once the time is up, the device automatically shuts down to prevent overheating and save energy.
- Remote control: This device gives easy access and control from a distance to change the settings or turn on/off.
- Noiseless operation: Room heaters with fans are noisier than the ones without fans. Among the ones available, micathermic heaters are noiseless. When using a heater for the baby’s room, it is advisable to go in for a noiseless one as a noisy heater can disturb the baby’s sleep.
- Safety features: One of the essential factors while using heaters for the baby’s room is to install a heater recognized by independent testing labs, such as UL (Underwriters Laboratory), ETL (Intertek), or CSA (Canadian Standards Association) to validate that the heater meets voluntary safety standards.
Babies need adequate warmth throughout the night. In winters, we need to go the extra mile to ensure their safety and comfort come what may. It is safe and advisable to invest in a child-safe room heater with all the necessary safety features. Make sure to read about the products, compare their features, and find the safest one for your baby’s room.