Hemorrhoids are painful, especially when you’re seated on an uncomfortable chair without seat cushions. So, here’s our list of the best hemorrhoid seat cushions which provide you with support, relief, and optimal comfort.
Hemorrhoids, popularly known as piles, refer to the swelling of the veins around the anus and rectum. You can use hemorrhoid cushions to relieve the pressure sores and combat chronic pain temporarily. These cushions come in different sizes, shapes, and densities to provide quick relief, and some also have washable covers for convenience. Take a look at our buyer’s guide and list of some time-tested hemorrhoid pillows to choose the right one for yourself.
11 Best Hemorrhoid Seat Cushions
The donut-shaped pillow by Everlasting Comfort can help relieve tailbone, coccyx, lower back pain, and more. Made of high-density memory foam, this efficient posture cushion is designed to provide maximum comfort and support. The donut shape of this hemorrhoid pillow helps alleviate pressure on the tailbone and coccyx, while the contoured design supports the spine’s natural curvature. The removable, machine-washable cover ensures easy maintenance and hygiene. Whether at the office, in the car, or at home, this pillow for tailbone pain relief can help you sit comfortably.
- Ergonomic design improves posture
- Lightweight and portable
- Made of certified safe materials
- Helps distribute weight evenly
- OEKO-TEX-certified safe
- Some users may find the cushion firmer than expected
- Cover may experience wear and tear in the long run
Ergonomic Innovations’ donut-shaped pillow is ideal for those unable to sit for long periods of time due to sores, hemorrhoids, or pregnancy-related issues. The tried-and-tested orthopedic seat cushion is filled with memory foam and comes with a machine-washable cover.
This pillow has a weight limit of 240 pounds. It is suitable for everyone and is designed to give you relief from sores and hemorrhoids. It is lightweight and portable and can be used while driving or when traveling via airplane or train. Go through a tester’s experience in this video review to learn about how this coccyx cushion differs from a regular or basic cushion.
- Ergonomic design
- Supports body weight up to 240lb
- Eliminates the risk of bad posture
- Has a coccyx cutout
- Distributes weight evenly
- Might be slightly small and hard
Kieba’s black memory foam cushion for hemorrhoids facilitates optimal weight distribution to relieve pain caused by pressure, ulcers, pregnancy, prostatitis, childbirth, and hemorrhoids. The premium foam used does not deflate, and the non-slip bottom ensures the cushion stays in place all day long. You can use this pillow for tailbone comfort on a chair, plane seat, wheelchair, or car seat.
- Comes with a removable and machine-washable cover
- Helps maintain a healthy posture
- Has a coccyx cutout
- Includes a zipper
- Slightly hard
Everlasting Comfort Donut Cushion
Ergonomic Innovations Donut Pillow
Best Ergonomic Design
Kieba Hemorrhoid Treatment Donut Tailbone Cushion
|Dimensions||16 x 13 x 3 inches||17.5 x 13.8 x 2.75 inches||17.8 x 13.8 x 2.8 inches|
|Weight||1.94 Pounds||0.94 Pounds||0.99 Pounds|
|Material||Memory Foam||Polyester Cover||Foam|
|Fill Material||Memory Foam||-||Foam|
4. Best Support: Everlasting Comfort Seat Cushion
The Everlasting Comfort Seat Cushion is designed to relieve sciatica pain and other lower back and hip discomfort. Made of high-density memory foam, this cushion conforms to your body to provide maximum support and comfort. The ergonomic design helps alleviate pressure on the lower back and tailbone, making it suitable for use at home, in the office, or the car. It has a weight limit of 400 pounds.
- Hypoallergenic cushion
- Non-slip bottom keeps the cushion in place
- Made of breathable material
- Easy to maintain
- Serves as a pillow for tailbone comfort
- OEKO-TEX-tested and safety-certified materials
- Some users may find the cushion slightly bulky
- May not be suitable for use on all types of seating surfaces
This hemorrhoid cushion is made of rubber, high-quality fabric, and memory foam and is available in black. The U-shaped cut on the cushion conforms to the natural contour of your body to relieve pressure sores, back pain, numbness, and hip pain and promote blood flow. Further, the non-slip and meshed rubber bottom ensures the seat cushion doesn’t slide. Check out a reviewer testing the cushion in this detailed review video and learn why this cushion is an ideal option for a person with hemorrhoids.
- Lightweight and portable hemorrhoid pillow
- 100% machine- and hand-washable
- Has a sturdy zipper
- Meshed cover for breathability
- Might not be firm enough
This hemorrhoid ring cushion features a central hole and is perfect for alleviating prostate, postpartum, sciatica, and coccyx pains. The flexible cushion has a cooling gel layer that does not fall out even after extended use and is filled with high-quality memory foam designed to give you optimal comfort.
- Portable and lightweight doughnut pillow
- Gel cushion does not deflate easily
- Removable mesh cover offers breathability
- Made of durable materials
- Comes with a string handle for portability
- Non-slip bottom
- Some users might find it hard and narrow
The plush donut pillow with a breathable mesh cover and high-quality medical-grade foam is designed to offer you comfort for long hours. Its discreet design can complement any chair or sofa, and the breathable fabric can wick the moisture or sweat away to keep you dry and comfortable. It is sleek, sporty, and oval, measuring 17.5x14in and weighing 1.23lb.
- Machine-washable cover
- Portable cushion
- Soft and sturdy
- Offers adequate support
- May not stay in place
Mesh might collect dust quickly
This lightweight pillow measures 17.7×13.7×2.7in and is ideal for relieving postpartum, prostate, sciatica, coccyx, pregnancy, and hemorrhoid pains. It is ergonomically designed, and the central hole and meshed fabric provide good air circulation all day long. You can use this supportive cushion in the office, at home, or when traveling. The contoured hemorrhoids cushion ring is ideal for adults as well as the elderly.
- Has a unique natural design
- Has a universal fit
- Designed to promote air circulation
- Comes with thermal reaction technology
- Offers tailbone support
- Made of 100% memory foam
- Non-slip hemorrhoid pillow
- Some users might find it hard
Get relief from hemorrhoids with this ergonomic seat cushion from Healthy Spirit. Measuring 13.7×17.5×2.7in, the medical-grade foam reduces pressure on the coccyx and offers tailbone relief. You can use it in the car, wheelchair, office, or any other place where you sit for a long period of time. The plush velvet cover gives you a luxurious feel all day long, and the pressure-relief cushion is designed for optimal weight distribution.
- Enables pain-free sitting
- Designed to offer comfort on almost all kinds of chairs
- Has an extra-large size for extra comfort
- Non-skid bottom
- Removable and washable cover
- Might take you some time to get used to it
Designed to give temporary relief, this hemorrhoid chair cushion from Aylio is made of high-quality leather and high-density memory foam. The contours alleviate pressure caused by childbirth, pregnancy, sores, and hemorrhoids. This therapeutic memory foam pillow also comes with a handle so that you can carry it anywhere you like.
- Thick airflow mesh for breathability
- Vegan leather base
- Can be used in the office chair, car set, and wheelchair
- Features a therapeutic memory foam
- Built-in handle for portability
- Washable cover with premium zipper
- Slightly thin and small
Look no further than this hemorrhoid seat cushion from Careactive. Available in zebra fleece, this soft seat cushion is crafted to give you comfort all day long. This comfort cushion has a dense foam core that provides relief from pain and pressure.
- Has a soft and comfortable Sherpa top
- Measures 14x14x5in
- Has breathable and comfortable cotton sides
- Machine-washable cover
- Might not be ideal for tall people
How To Choose The Right Seat Cushion For Hemorrhoids?
Keep these pointers in mind before you pick a hemorrhoid seat cushion. These factors can help you choose the right option from the different types of cushions listed above.
- Material: A person with hemorrhoids needs a comfortable and soft cushion. You can choose a cushion filled with memory foam or polyurethane material. A memory foam cushion does not flatten easily or lose its shape over time.
- Size: Hemorrhoid seat cushions come in a variety of sizes. Pick a cushion that has a universal size and a big central hole so that you can sit comfortably all day long. Also, check the weight limit or weight capacity of the cushion to ensure it’s compatible with your body weight.
- Density: The cushions come in a variety of thicknesses. Choose a soft or firm seat cushion based on your convenience. Instead of a basic cushion, you could also choose an air cushion.
Why Trust MomJunction?
A special hemorrhoid seat cushion can greatly enhance your comfort level. However, if you are facing difficulty in choosing the right product, we have compiled a list of the top-rated and consumer-tested hemorrhoid seat cushions that will alleviate your pain and help you stay relaxed. To make the article more insightful, we discussed important features of these cushions. We also provided the pros and cons and a helpful buying guide to ensure you choose the right product that suits your needs.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Do seat cushions help with hemorrhoids?
Yes, seat cushions can give you temporary relief, reduce the swelling of existing hemorrhoids and prevent new ones from forming (1).
2. Can sitting cause hemorrhoids?
Sitting for a long time on the toilet seat can cause hemorrhoids and other medical conditions such as hard bowel movements and constipation. Pregnant women may also experience hemorrhoids in the third trimester due to constipation and rectal pressure from the growing fetus (2).
3. What should I not do if I have hemorrhoids?
If you have hemorrhoids, avoid cheese, ice cream, processed food, fast food, and meat. Focus on eating fiber-rich foods to ease the stool and prevent hemorrhoids (3).
4. How much weight does a seat cushion support?
A seat cushion can support 51.1% of body weight when seated in a normal position and 55.1% in a non-normal position (4).
5. Can I wash a seat cushion?
Yes, some seat cushions are washable, while others may need spot cleaning. Refer to the manufacturer’s instructions for cleaning the seat cushion.
6. Can prolonged hours of sitting on seat cushions make you feel hot?
It depends on the type of cushion you are using. Some upholstered cushions may trap heat and make you sweat. Choose chairs that have breathable layers to keep you sweat-free and cool.
7. Are seat cushions waterproof?
Most seat cushions available in the market are water-resistant. However, you can pick a washable cushion if you think you can’t protect the cushion from water spills.
Seat cushions for hemorrhoids are ergonomically designed to offer good comfort and support and alleviate pain in the sensitive areas. They also help distribute your weight evenly and improve blood circulation in various parts of your body. When choosing the best seat cushions for hemorrhoids, ensure they are portable, lightweight, breathable, and suitable for all types of seats. We recommend the Ergonomic Innovations Donut Pillow as it is vetted and endorsed by professional physical therapists. You may also choose the Kieba Hemorrhoid Treatment Donut Tailbone Cushion, as it has a breathable and washable cover, and the Huisilk Donut Pillow, which is non-slip and portable.
Infographic: How To Reduce The Symptoms Of Hemorrhoids?
Besides seeking personalized treatment from a medical professional, it’s imperative to follow specific steps to reduce pile symptoms and prevent them from recurring. So, check out the following infographic to learn more about managing piles for a healthier and happier you.
- Hemorrhoids and what to do about them
- Everything You Need to Know About Hemorrhoids
- Eating Diet & Nutrition for Hemorrhoids
- Seated Weight Distribution of Adults and Children in Normal and Non-Normal Positions