Herbal face washes use natural ingredients to keep the skin clean and healthy. They usually contain fewer harmful chemicals, including parabens, SLS, and sulfates and are suitable for almost all types of skin and gender. Here is a list of the best herbal face washes in India, and a buying guide to choose the most suitable product.
13 Best Herbal Face Washes In India
The Aroma Magic Natural Face Wash comprises essential oils of tea tree and lavender and extracts of rose and neem. Neem provides anti-bacterial skin care while the rose petal extracts maintain skin oil balance. This product works by cleansing the skin of bacteria and removing excess sebum and impurities from oily skin. It also helps prevent blackheads, soothe skin irritation, lighten scars and blemishes, and improve skin tone.
- Helps to cure acne
- Small quantity is sufficient
- Spreads evenly on face
- Free of paraben, soap, artificial coloring, and fragrance
- Skin needs moisturizing after application
- Sunscreen recommended for best results
- Not suitable for dry and sensitive skin
Himalaya Neem Face Wash contains neem and turmeric, known for their antibacterial and antifungal properties. The natural blend of these herbs is claimed to prevent future acne. Turmeric helps even out skin tone via curcumin, which reduces excess melanin. The neem scented gel is soap-free and helps deal with boils and ulcers.
- Improves skin health
- Prevents recurrence of blemishes
- Anti-inflammatory effects
- Good for sensitive skin
- No harsh scent
- Pump may be tricky to use initially
The handmade face wash is a blend of active ingredients, including fenugreek (methi), fennel (saunf), chamomile oil, brahmi, tulsi, and apricot oil. The refreshing and rejuvenating product helps pigmentation problems, deep cleansing, and imparts radiance and glow to the skin.
- Suitable for every skin type
- Unclogs pores and fights premature age spots
- Cleans the face gently and thoroughly
- May cause irritation on contact with eyes and nose
- Has a distinct scent
With a formulation of sandalwood and honey, this product replenishes the lost skin moisture and nourishes it. The cucumber content cools the skin while the sandal provides a softening effect. Honey moisturizes and nourishes the skin from within and infuses a glow to it. The face wash moisturizes, revitalizes, and hydrates the skin, subsequently improving skin elasticity and shrinking skin pores.
- Free from parabens and SLS
- Antibacterial and antioxidant properties
- Reduces pigmentation
- The bottle lasts longer
- May cause eye irritation sometimes
- Produces strong scent
Morpheme’s natural coconut and non-surfactant based cleanser leaves your skin fresh. The potent ingredients penetrate deep into the skin, thereby reducing grime. Its major ingredients include neem, basil oil, tea tree oil, neem oil, lemon oil, aloe vera gel, and rose water. The 100% soap-free serum is suitable for men and women and has only trace elements of parabens, sulfates, or silicones.
- Reduces redness, swelling, and inflammation
- Pump dispenser bottle is easy to use
- Offers a pleasant herbal fragrance
- Nourishes and softens the skin
- Suitable for oily skin
- May dry out your skin
The Lotus Herbals Face Wash comprising green tea, and Burberry extracts gently cleanse your skin of dirt, grime, and excess oils, while keeping it moisturized. The green tea helps flush out toxins, heal minor scars and blemishes, improve skin elasticity, tighten skins, and lighten skin tone. Additionally, the Burberry extracts unclog skin pores and control oily skin. This product also reduces melanin production, the enzyme responsible for the darkening of the skin. It is suitable for oily skin and helps to even out the skin tone.
- Safe for sensitive skin
- Balances pH levels in the skin
- Expiry date is about three years
- Helps delay aging signs
- Contains parabens and sulfates
- Might irritate skin with frequent use
Medimix contains aloe vera, neem, turmeric, amaya, lodhra, and manjishtha. Aloe vera soothes and moisturizes the skin; neem addresses pimples; turmeric protects against infection; amaya protects the skin from harsh infection-causing pollutants; lodhra provides powerful healing effects for an even complexion; and manjishtha enhances skin texture by making it soft and smooth.
- May help treat pimples
- Retains natural skin balance
- Suitable for all skin types
- Contains no foaming agents
- May dry out your skin around the nose and mouth
The Roop Mantra Face Wash works by cleaning off oils and debris, removing makeup, dirt, dead cells, and other environmental pollutants. It dissolves dirt molecules and oil particles clinging to the skin, by the process of micellization. Cucumber provides anti-inflammatory and anti-itching properties. The antiseptic properties of the face wash protect the skin against bug bites, burns, and bacterial infections.
- Maintains pH of the skin
- Good for acne-prone and oily skin
- Regulates skin moisture
- Gentle on the skin
- Exfoliates and clear clogs on the skin
- Contains some parabens
The paraben-free face wash is enriched with natural ingredients such as aloe vera, cucumber, rose, neem, and yashtimadhu. Neem’s antifungal and antibacterial activity guards the skin against infections and clears acne. Aloe vera provides moisture and is a cleansing and detoxifying agent that removes the dead skin cells and toxins. The antioxidants in cucumber refresh the skin, and the rose water acts as a natural antiseptic, hydrating the skin. Yashtimadhu helps in improving complexion and reduces blemishes and black spots.
- Keeps skin soft and supple
- Helps prevent drying of the skin
- Mild on the skin
- Effective in treating pimples
- Useful for cleansing, toning, exfoliating, and nourishing the skin
- Contains SLS (sodium lauryl sarcosinate) that may damage skin after prolonged use
- Strong fruity smell
The unique Plantalore face wash is available in powder form and is composed of ingredients such as aloe vera, papaya, amla, masoor dal (lentils), moong dal (green gram), and sesame seeds. It needs to be mixed in water and used as a paste. The face wash cleanses the skin and retains its moisture. It smells of mild coconut and may be useful for reducing pigmentation, lightening blemishes, and keeps the skin moist and soft after every wash.
- Helps reduce pimples
- Mild on the skin
- 100% natural formula
- Powder form lasts long
- Granular texture may irritate sensitive skin
- Does not lather easily
Having a double-action formula, the Vaadi face wash helps reduce acne by decreasing sebum production and acne-causing bacteria. The vitamin E, fatty acids, and emollients present in neem aid in soothing cracked skin and moisturizing it from within. It also treats post-acne scarring due to its anti-inflammatory and anti-bacterial properties. It contains tea tree oil that has antiseptic and antimicrobial properties. The mild gel-based face wash helps regulate oil production, kill acne-causing bacteria, prevent the recurrence of acne, and heal acne lesions
- Mild on skin
- No burning or irritation
- Pleasant scent
- Quick and easy to rinse
- May dry out your skin
The Jovees face wash helps mitigate blemishes and pigmentation, allowing the skin to look younger. Papaya provides an instant glow to the skin, which further boosts this product’s desirability. It is suitable for any skin type and mitigates dark spots and pimples too.
- Expiry date is about three years
- No animal testing
- Makes skin look even
- Suitable for men and women
- May not be ideal for oily skin
The Emeveta product gently exfoliates dead skin cells and hydrates the skin. It helps reduce fine lines, wrinkles, age spots, and discoloration. Its major ingredients include aqua, aloe vera extracts, coco amido, vitamin C, glycerin, and lemon oil. Being rich in antioxidants, it offers protection from sun damage.
- Cleanses the pores
- Paraben- and sulfate-free
- Helps remove tan
- Minimizes pores
- Citrus smell may not be pleasant
Things To Consider When Buying A Herbal Face Wash
Here are some things to consider before choosing a herbal face wash.
- Skin type: Understand your skin type if it is oily, dry, sensitive, or a combination. Then, search for the product suitable for your skin type.
- Ingredients: Check the label as some products may contain synthetic and chemical additives. Look for a wash that is made of natural ingredients that suit your skin. According to Dr. Dmitriy Schwarzburg, a Board-certified cosmetic dermatologist, “If you have sensitive or dry skin, check all ingredients when your product contains various herbal extracts. While some may soothe your skin, others may cause irritation in people with a naturally dryer skin type.”
- Skin issue: Decide on the kind of face wash you want based on your skin requirements, such as acne, pimples, pores, or wrinkles. Go for a high-quality product to address the need. Dr. Dmitriy Schwarzburg adds, “If you are looking to reduce the size of your pores, your best option is to find a face wash that can truly remove all the buildup within your pores. Large pores are due to dilation caused by buildup and grime and can be minimized by cleaning them out.”
Herbal face washes help keep your skin healthy and clean, all while soothing your skin and improving its elasticity. Moreover, some help reduce pimples and maintain the skin’s optimal pH level. However, before buying a herbal face wash, it is crucial to understand if it suits your skin type and satisfies your requirement—whether it is removing tan or nourishing your skin. You may also check the ingredients used and avoid those that may irritate or dry out your skin or produce a strong scent.
- Best Face Washes For Oily Skin In India
- Best Cleansers For Oily Skin In India
- Best Herbal Skincare Products In India