Highlighters are essential in your makeup kit if you want to give your skin a natural and shimmering boost. Whether you are decking up for a party, a date, or walking the ramp, highlighters can do the trick. They not only make you look youthful and fresh but also highlight your facial features. Investing in a good highlighter is a wise decision as it can be quite handy in beauty regimes and touch-ups.
Simone De Vlaming, a beauty expert and beauty blogger, says, “A highlighter helps highlight the high points of your face, such as the cheekbones, brow bone, and Cupid’s bow. You should add one to your beauty kit to enhance your natural features and create a more sculpted and defined look on special days.”
We have a curated list of the best highlighters for Indian skin to help you choose the most suitable product.
Types Of Highlighters
Highlighters are of five different types:
- Liquid highlighter: The liquid form highlighter is a blend of enriching formulas. It is available as an easy-to-apply dropper and can be used directly on the skin or mixed with your moisturizer or lotion. It instantly defines the features with a glowy touch and is more pigmented as compared to other highlighters.
- Powder highlighter: Available in blocks and compacts, they are matte and shimmering finish powder highlighters. The sheer smoothness and ultra-fine texture make them perfect to wear on moisturizers and foundations. These products are long-lasting and blend well with oily skin.
- Creamy stick highlighter: The stick highlighters are user-friendly and are portable for anytime application. It is easy to highlight facial contours, such as the eyes, brow, and cheekbones, and pop your features with them. They work well for normal and dry skin types.
- Jelly highlighters: They are the latest trend in the market and complement all skin types. These types are super chic with a wobbly consistency and add a pigmented flush of sheer glitter to your skin.
- Strobing cream highlighters: They have a creamy texture and are suitable for dry skin. Usually applied as an illuminating base after makeup application, they give your skin a natural glow.
15 Best Highlighter For Indian Skin
The Sivanna shimmer highlighter is one of the best makeup additions for light skin tones, has available in multiple colors, and suits all skin types. It gives a radiant glow with a shimmery finish while nourishing and hydrating your skin. Compact size is easy to carry for anytime application. The powder’s smooth texture is perfect for light dusting over your face and absorbs the excess oil from your skin.
The Kiss Beauty highlighter and concealer is a compact palette available with different light shades. It has creamy, powdery texture highlights that contours light skin tones to add perfection. The powder formula is super-delicate and feels light on the skin. It highlights, moisturizes, conceals, and protects your skin. The product also leaves you with flawless makeup that lasts longer.
It is not just a highlighter but also a contour cream and concealer. The Me Now product has 15 different shades, ranging from light to dark. Its fine powder formula works to minimize facial imperfections, such as dark spots, fine lines, and wrinkles. Suitable for light dusting and primal coverage over scars and dark circles, it smoothens and evens out the skin, boosting firmness and completing the makeup look. Perfect for daily application, it does not dry out the skin or becomes clumpy when you sweat.
If you are looking for sun-kissed skin, the Lakme face sheer highlighter is for you. The fine powder comprises shaded pigments that give out an intense color. The highlighting touches last throughout the day, and it works well with workwear. This product is suitable for all Indian skin tones and types, giving you a sheer effortless shine. Packed with a sponge applicator, it allows you to highlight your facial features with a beautiful flow.
The Swiss Beauty brick highlighter can give your skin an illuminated and multi-dimensional sculpted look. It is a weightless powder that glides smoothly across your cheekbones, corners of your eyes, and other facial features. The highlighter locks skin’s natural oils and moisture, giving you softer skin. It has a pigmented tint that blends well with Indian skin, giving it a natural look.
The Ronzille shimmering highlighter comes in light multicolored glamorous shades. This professional makeup kit is waterproof and does not smudge easily with sweat or water. It spreads across your skin seamlessly, making it an ideal product for light dusting and touch-ups. A few strokes from this powdered highlighter formula can give you a flawless look.
The professional makeup highlighter is suitable for all Indian skin types and tones. It gives you a shimmery finish with a radiant glow. The highlighter comes in attractive colors that improve your overall look and makes you feel confident at all times. The product comprises premium-quality, skin-friendly ingredients and is non-pigmented. It lasts throughout the day, enhancing the beauty and youthfulness of the skin.
If you want an effortless, dewy glow, the Maliao glam glow highlighter is the one to choose. It is in liquid form and enables one-touch application. The radiant liquid formula comes in a bottle with a nozzle opening for easy dabbing. It is ultra-fine, smooth, and features light-reflecting pearls that blend into the skin for a healthy, fresh, and flattery glow.
The illuminator from Iconic London is a facial and body highlighter. This product gives you a shimmery and glossy finishing touch to your makeup. It works well for normal skin types and is suitable for all skin tones. It comes in a transparent frosty glass bottle with a dropper for easy application. You can add it to your moisturizer, makeup foundation, primer or apply it directly for a final glittery touch-up. All it takes is a few drops to bring on that instant glow.
The Glam 21 infallible total effect highlight palette has six skin tone shades and a dusting brush. It blends naturally with the makeup, grabbing everyone’s attention. This beauty-enhancing product helps you achieve a softer, younger look and is long-lasting.
The Camieo face and body illuminator is a handy product that leaves your skin with a luxurious feel. It highlights your skin with attractive and long-lasting shades. Apply a few strokes of the highlighter with the sponge applicator. The travel-size makeup product is easy to carry in your bag. It has an airtight lid that tightly seals the highlighter powder and prevents messy surroundings and application.
12. Miss Rose Highlighter
The Miss Rose highlighter gives you a complete makeup touch-up and comes in a compact case. It is a lightweight formula that does not create patches on your makeup. Light ingredients allow the highlighter powder to glide smoothly into your skin, masking the pores. The formula has light-diffusing particles to make your skin glow, and it blends well with your skin tone.
The Matt Look beauty highlighter is capable of light coverage across all skin types. It is a highly pigmented palette that complements light and medium skin tones. Super blendable texture creates an amazing sheen with the matt finish. The metallic colors and skin-friendly ingredients light up your face with a subtle glow. Created with wet technology, the product highlights your features with its rich hues and is super soft and smooth in texture
The Club Comfort contour stick highlighter is one of the top makeup highlighter brands available in the form of a contour stick that strokes your skin gently with every application. It effectively conceals aging signs, dark circles and evens out wrinkles and other skin imperfections. Upon application, it adds a luxurious touch-up to your makeup with its warm metallic sheen.
Equipped with a screw-on dropper, the Makeup Revolution London highlighter is a user-friendly product. This creamy formula features highly pigmented liquid lustrous gold that shimmers on your skin. You can also add it to your cream or body lotion, and it is available in seven stunning shades.
How To Choose The Right Highlighter For Indian Skin?
Here is a guide to help you choose the best highlighters for your skin.
- Shade: Keeping your skin tone and type in mind, choose the shade wisely. Choose lighter shades, such as baby pink, peach, and gold, for fair skin tones. The dewy, glimmering tones blend well with medium skin tones, while darker metallic highlighters work for dusky skin tones.
- Skin type: You will find highlighters for every skin type. They come in the form of creamy liquid formulas, cream, and powder-based ones. The luxurious, enriching liquid-based formulas are ideal for dry skin, while the powder highlighters work for oily and combination skin types.
- Texture: A good highlighter compliments and blends well with the rest of the makeup and skin tone, giving it a smooth and flawless finish. Choose highlighters with creamy textures as they provide a natural look to your skin.
- Application: Choose the highlighter based on the occasion for which you plan to use it. For regular use, highlighters with the pearly illuminating effect or the matte finish are the ideal ones. The creamy, powder-based ones create a dewy look for parties, dates, and night outs.
Highlighters bring out the best features of your face and render it a natural glow. They are especially efficient at accentuating a particular feature, such as the collarbone, nose, or cheekbone. All you have to do when picking one is to choose the right shade that blends well with your natural skin tone to get the best results. Lastly, research a little about the kind of highlighter that suits your skin type the best and one with the right texture.