Hiking gear are designed to add comfort to your fun-filled outdoor adventures. With the right survival gear, you needn’t worry about the changing weather, duration of the hike, and type of terrain.
Starting with a good backpack, you will also need to carry hiking boots, water bottle, multi-tools, etc. To make sure you don’t forget anything important and help you find the best hiking equipment that will make your trip an exciting one, we have come up with a comprehensive list of essential hiking gear.
Best Hiking Gear in 2021
This ultra-lite hiking gear is a set of four extra-large survival blankets, with each one rolled into a separate nylon sack. These are the toughest emergency blankets to keep you safe in all kinds of weather conditions and make your outdoor adventures comfortable. They are larger than standard foil blankets and promise full-body protection.
- Each blanket measures 60 x 84in
- Waterproof and reflects up to 90% body heat
- Ultra-compact design
- Extremely lightweight
With this comfortable and durable pair of shoes, your feet are protected. This is one of the best pair of hiking shoes that is designed, keeping in mind the hiking needs of men. Put on this pair of shoes for a comfortable trail running and hiking experience.
- Synthetic fabric and mesh upper
- Molded TPU toe cap and sock liner
- Lightweight EVA midsole
- Shaft measures almost ankle-high from the arch
- Durable rubber sole
This is one of the best hiking gear, with five survival essentials included in one bracelet. You don’t have to stuff your backpack as you can wear a fire starter, a loud emergency whistle, a reliable compass, an emergency knife, and a 12-feet military-grade paracord as a bracelet around your wrist.
- Easy adjustable across small and big wrists
- Perfect gear for hiking, hunting, fishing, camping, etc.
- Comes with a lifetime warranty
- Compact and sturdy
This thoughtfully designed, ultralight backpacking gear can be your best companion while hiking. It has been designed keeping comfort in mind. Ideal for a trip of 3–5 days, it comes with a sleeping bag compartment, exterior pockets, and compression straps. The double open-cell foam lumbar pads ensure maximum balance and airflow.
- Weighs 5lb and has a capacity of 65l
- Multi-position torso adjustments fit all sizes
- Fully adjustable on the shoulders, waist, chest, and torso
- Comes with an integrated rainfly
- Has pass-through side pockets to carry trekking poles
This is an essential hiking gear that can come in handy at night. It comes with super-bright LEDs that are powerful enough to light up your immediate surroundings. With this ergonomically designed headlamp flashlight, your neck would never get strained again. It comes with seven different light modes that can be controlled with a single button.
- Has an unbeatable battery life of up to 90 hours
- Throws light at 45-degree angle
- IPX5 waterproof rated
- Tested to be indestructible in harsh conditions
- Extremely lightweight and easily fits into a pocket
Designed to make cooking easy when you are out for an adventure, this is the best backpacking gear to pack along. Now you can cook piping hot meals with this portable camping cookware mess kit. This survival gear is built to last and is a must-have hiking gear for both beginners and pros.
- Ten-piece cookware kit
- Includes an anodized aluminum non-stick pot
- Collapsible bundle design for compact storage
- Comes with a folding stainless steel spork
- Easy to clean
This must-have first-aid kit is designed to meet different emergency needs. Locked in a shock-proof, easy-to-organize, red-colored, water-proof case, it contains all essential medical supplies that you might need during your outdoor adventures. This multipurpose first-aid kit is ideal for home, office, kitchen, school, outdoor sports, and all kinds of adventures.
- 241-piece survival tools and medical trauma supplies kit
- Compact and portable grid design bag for better organization
- Weighs approximately 1.54lb
With this intelligently designed hiking gear, keep the essential tools handy, whether you are hiking a mountain or walking a trail in a national park. The multi-tool kit keeps you prepared for any kind of emergency. Whether it is a wilderness adventure or a natural calamity, this survival gear kit has everything you might need.
- 24-in-1 survival kit
- Measures 8 x 4 x 2in
- Lightweight, compact, and portable
- Comprehensive kit for camping, hiking, and outdoor adventures
- Comes with an instruction manual
This is one of the best hiking pants designed ergonomically for different environmental conditions. It has two slash pockets to carry a guide book or tactical gear, two hip pockets to keep your cell phone and wallet, and two large cargo pockets with breathable mesh to carry additional stuff. The water-repellant fabric makes it the best rain gear for hiking.
- Made with 96% nylon and 4% spandex
- Quick to dry, breathable, and lightweight
- Scratch- and water-resistant fabric
- Durable YKK zip closure
- Adjustable belt to fit the waistline
- Designed to block UVB and UVA rays
A powerful multipurpose lighter is something that every hiker needs. This windproof design makes it a perfect outdoor lighter. It makes an essential winter hiking gear to use as a camping fire starter.
- Made of durable, high-quality ABS and zinc alloy
- Metal ring sealed lighter cover and locking clasp
- Built-in rechargeable lithium battery
- Clean and convenient
- Waterproof and flameless
- USB rechargeable lighter
Designed for restorative rest, this sleeping pad ensures sound sleep even on rough terrain. This is the best hiking gear that lets you camp anywhere without compromising on your sleep. The practical, efficient, and durable camping mattress pad lets you sleep in any position.
- Two-inch thick sleeping pad
- Blows up to 75 x 23in
- Lightweight and tear-resistant
- Made of high-quality nylon
- Flexible and noise-free
- Packs down to the size of a water bottle
- Comes with a lifetime warranty
This is a cool couch designed for campers and hikers. The inflatable lounger can also be used as a portable hammock. It is an easy-to-inflate blow-up chair that is convenient to set up and comfortable to relax on.
- Comes with large side pockets to hold books, snacks, etc.
- Doesn’t require any pump
- Versatile, reversible design
- Compact and lightweight
- Made using top-quality material for durability
- Available in 12 different patterns and colors
These trekking poles make a perfect companion and offer stability. The hiking staffs are made of high-quality aluminum and are designed to support different weights. They also come with moisture-wicking handles to absorb sweat.
- Made of light aircraft-grade aluminum
- Adjustable height between 25.5in and 54in
- Cork handles for a comfortable grip
- Comes with interchangeable pole accessories for different terrains
- Padded straps to prevent chafing
- Available in different colors
How to Choose the Right Hiking Gear?
Here are some guidelines to keep in mind while buying hiking gear.
- While buying hiking boots: Always consider the height, weight, and material of the hiking shoes. Also, make sure that your pair of shoes fits right—it should not be too tight or too loose.
- While buying clothes for hiking: Dressing up in comfortable clothing that keeps you dry is important. Synthetic or merino wool socks are always better than cotton socks as they absorb moisture.
- While buying a backpack: Depending upon the duration of your hike, pick an appropriately sized bag. Make sure the shoulder straps are padded and the bag has firm straps on the chest and hips to distribute the weight of the bag evenly.
- While buying trekking poles: Aluminum poles are heavy but quite strong. Carbon fiber poles, on the other hand, are lighter but cheaper than aluminum poles.
For a gratifying hiking experience, picking the right hiking gear is extremely important. It not only ensures your safety, but also promises comfort. There are different kinds of hiking gear that are designed keeping in mind the different weather conditions, terrains, and times of the day. We hope this list of essential survival gear helps you pick the right piece of equipment for your next hiking trip.