If you have been struggling to include your baby in your family mealtimes, we have made a list of the best hook-on high chairs to help you out. These are portable and convenient, allowing you to take them with you anywhere, whether it is a restaurant or on vacation. They are durable and made from high-quality materials to ensure your child’s comfort and safety. You can easily attach them to the table for convenience.
With various designs, colors, and other features, choosing the right hook-on high chair can be challenging. So, explore our list to find one that suits your child’s needs.
Our Top Picks
11 Best Hook On High Chairs
To simplify mealtime at home and on the go, the Chicco Caddy Hook-On Chair is designed for your little one keeping in mind the comfort and safety of your baby. It has soft grip arms and high back cushion for extra support. It is also easily foldable and makes it convenient for travel.
- Easy twist-to-tighten design
- The fabric seat is detachable
- Portable and convenient
- Slightly difficult to clean
The hook on chair that is ideal for babies from the age of 6 and 36 months, Inglesina Fast Table Chair is durable and fits almost any table. It comes with handy pocket storage and is easily washable. The dining tray feature is perfect to keep your baby’s food in the place. Know more about this product in this video.
- Quick set up
- Carry bag included
- Convenient storage
- Harness is not too sturdy
This high chair comes with padded back support and a shoulder harness. It uses a globally certified safe design for children from the age of 3 months to 3 years. It has robust aluminum clamps with non-slip grips that are suitable for indoor and outdoor use. Learn more about this product in this video.
- Includes dishwasher safe tray
- Comes with a travel bag
- Stylish and sleek design
- Shoulder harness system
- Certified globally safe
- Not suitable on grass top tables
Compact and easily portable, the Mountain Buggy Pod Clip-On Highchair comes in three colors—black, lime, and flint. It includes padded back support, a shoulder harness system, and aluminum clamps. It clamps on to most tables and can be folded and fit easily into diaper bags. This video will provide you with added insights about the product.
- Suitable for indoor and outdoor use
- Can be folded and fit into purses
- Includes a recyclable carry bag
- Comes with non-slip grip pads
- Not suitable for tables with loose tops
Constructed with a sturdy design, the TC Bunny Hook On Chair comes with a stylish denim look. It ensures a unique safety harness that secures your baby’s waist and legs to prevent them from standing while also being comfortable.
- Compact and sleek
- Cushion seating and oxford fabric
- Easy storage for travel
- Convenient to carry
- Cumbersome to attach
The Chicco 360 Hook-On Chair is just what your baby needs for a happy mealtime. It is adjustable in 6 positions and comes with a serving tray that is dishwasher friendly. The grips are rubberized to prevent marks and scratches on surfaces of tables.
- Includes snap-on serving tray
- Lock technology to suit most tabletops
- Compact and foldable
- Machine washable fabric
- Might be less convenient to clean
This hook-on high chair comes with a portable table clip to prevent slipping down which gives your munchkin a seat at the adult table. It is designed with a patented module to assure the chair can be tightly fixed at the table and is made with fabric that is easy to clean.
- Designed with a storage pocket
- Non-slip plastic grip
- Environment-friendly fabric
- Stainless steel clamps
- Installation might take some time
ijovin Hook On High Chair is has a metal frame and washable fabric. You can easily detach the fabric and frame to carry the highchair in a bag. A safety belt is provided to secure your baby in a position. It has a rear pocket where you can keep the baby essentials – wipes, napkins, etc. The soft rubber armrest ensures that your baby does not hurt their hands.
- Foldable design
- Soft rubber armrest
One of the best hook on high chairs, the Muneca Baby Hook On High Chair is made with premium quality material. It comes with a stylish food-grade silicone placemat and is free of lead and phthalates.
- Complimentary placemat
- 5-point harness safety
- Made with lightweight metal
- Holds the U.S Child Product Certificate
- Washable fabric
- Might be less durable
Rooting for supreme comfort for your baby, the guzzie+Guss Perch Clip On Table Chair provides your infant with the back support they need. It comes with a placemat that contains spills and is easy to clean.
- Easily foldable and storable
- Clamp accommodates the versatile thickness
- Comes with a complimentary placemat
- Ensures safety with a 5-point safety system
- Might be a little difficult to remove
It is designed to use an easy twist tight coupling clamp to secure a seat for your baby at the table. The SpringBuds Hook On Chair is integrated with a travel-friendly carry bag for easy and convenient portability.
Caution: Please do not use this hook on chair on a pedestal table.
- Convenient storage pocket
- Durable and washable
- Travel-friendly packaging
- Compact and portable
- Instructions on the packaging might not be clear
What Are The Benefits Of Hook On Chairs?
Let’s discuss the benefits of investing in a hook on highchair:
- Space saver – The simple design allows you to hook or clip the chair onto a table saving a lot of space for you.
- Cleans easy – Highchairs are made with machine-friendly washable material that makes cleaning your baby’s food mess a lot easier. All you have to do is wipe it down or wash it in a machine.
- Portable – Because of its convenience and foldable features, a highchair can be an easy add on to your vacation so your baby gets a seat at the table too. Besides, carrying your highchair is more hygienic than using a restaurant’s common one.
- Family time – Enjoy your meals together with your baby as one family with a highchair. It is said that a family that eats together, stays together so why not cultivate that habit early on?
Safety Tips – Hook On High Chairs
A hook-on chair is a great device for your baby but there are a few tips to keep in mind to ensure the safety of your little one.
- Read the instructions carefully to understand the kind of table tops the highchair is compatible with. Always ensure that the table is sturdy enough to hold on to your baby’s weight as well as the weight of the highchair. Never use a hook on chair on a glass top table, pedestal table, beveled edge table, a loose tabletop, camping table, placemat, leaf extension, tablecloth, folding table, etc.
- Always ensure that the highchair has a strong clamp. Make sure to check the seat level and the strength and sturdiness of the chair. Your baby should not be able to kick it off.
[ Read : 1st Step High Chair Reviews ]
- Once the highchair has been set in place, always check for stability and strength before placing your child in it.
- Every product comes with a different capacity for height, weight, size, and age. Please read and understand the instructions thoroughly before placing your child in the chair. This is to ensure that your baby is completely safe.
[ Read : Babyhug Urban 4 in 1 High Chair Reviews ]
- Do not forget to harness your child with the safety belts and straps provided in the hook on chairs.
- Completely free your child from the straps and belts before removing them out of the highchair. This is an important safety measure as trying to remove your child while they are still hooked on with the harness can hurt your baby.
- Prefer products with certifications that ensure their quality.
[ Read : Babyhug Dolce Vita 3 in 1 High Chair Review ]
How To Choose The Right Hook On High Chairs?
While there are several hook on chairs that offer different features, here are a few things to keep in mind to choose the best hook on chair for your child.
- Storage pockets – Chairs with storage pockets are convenient to carry little things that your child needs. It can hold baby spoons, forks, pacifiers, and wet wipes making it easy for you and your child.
- Carry bags – Many high chairs come with a built-in carry bag. This is an essential feature because it allows ultimate portability and convenience during travel.
- Removable seat cushion – Easy to clean and restore to new, a removable seat cushion is just the thing to need to clean your baby’s mess. Throw it in the washing machine for an easy clean up after your baby makes a mess.
- Safe arms – Pay attention to the arms of the chair that attaches to the table. It is recommended that it is scratch-free so that no furniture or tables are damaged while you fix the highchair on it.
- Baby’s weight – Before you make a purchase, it is essential to check the weight capacity of the highchair. The highchair should be able to hold your baby’s weight. Therefore, buy a chair that suits this criterion.
- Table thickness – Since most of the time, this highchair will be used at home, it is important to note if the thickness of your table is compatible with the hook on chair. Some of these are only suitable for tables that are 1.5 inches thick.
[ Read : Babyhug Foodjoy High Chair Review ]
A hook-on high chair is a convenient way to enjoy meals with your precious one. Not only are they easy to clean, but they are also portable and space-saving, making them an essential tool if you have a baby at home. When deciding which high chair to bring home, consider the baby’s weight, seat cushions, table thickness, and more. Besides, read the instructions carefully to keep your baby safe and choose sturdy chairs with strong clamps for optimal protection.
Why Trust MomJunction?
We have created a list of the best hook-on high chairs for babies that ensure your baby’s safety while letting them be a part of family dinners. After careful research, we have included comfortable and portable products to carry while traveling. The list mentions installation methods and various features that you can choose from. You can go through the buying guide to pick the most suitable chair.
- Best High Chairs For Small Spaces
- Best Travel Booster Seats For Kids
- Best Potty Training Seats
- Best Baby Loungers