If you have been struggling to include your baby in your family mealtimes, we have made a list of the best hook-on baby high chairs to help you out. These are portable and convenient, allowing you to take them with you anywhere, whether it is a restaurant or on vacation. They are durable and made from high-quality materials to ensure your child’s comfort and safety. You can easily attach them to the table for convenience.
With various designs, bright colors, and other features, choosing the right hook-on high chair can be challenging. So, explore our list to find an affordable chair that suits your child’s needs.
11 Best Hook-On High Chairs
1. Best Convenient Chair:Chicco Caddy Hook-On Chair
To simplify mealtime at home and on the go, the Chicco Caddy hook-on chair accessoryis designed for your little one keeping in mind the comfort and safety of your baby. It has soft grip arms and a high back cushion for extra support. It is also easily foldable, which makes it the ideal baby travel gear.
Product dimensions: 13.75 x 20 x 14.5in | Material: Steel, aluminum, polyester, nylon | Maximum weight recommendation: 37lb | Item weight: 5.74lb
- Easy twist-to-tighten design
- The fabric seat is detachable
- Lightweight chair
- Portable and convenient
- Slightly difficult to clean
Review: According to a user, “This high chair is practical due to the simple setup and 360-degree rotation. I wish the straps were removable, but the seat base is easily washable. A convenient addition to family meal time with a space-saving design.”
2. Best Storage Friendly:Inglesina Fast Table Chair
The hook-on chair that is ideal for babies from the age of 6 and 36 months, Inglesina Fast Table Chair is durable and fits almost any table. It comes with handy pocket storage and is easily washable, making it the ideal chair for travel. The removable tray attachment for the high chair can accomodate your baby’s food. Know more about this mom-tested baby gear in this video.
Product dimensions: 14 x 17 x 11in | Material: Polyvinyl chloride | Maximum weight recommendation: 37lb | Item weight: 4.2lb
- Quick set up
- Carry bag included
- Convenient storage
- Harness is not too sturdy
Review: A reviewer says, “This portable high chair easily mounts on any surface, which makes going out to eat or seeing friends with your baby a breeze. Even though it’s a touch expensive, I love the features and quality.”
3. Best Compact:phil&teds Lobster Clip-On Highchair
This high chair comes with padded back support and a shoulder harness. It uses a globally certified safe design for children from the age of 3 months to 3 years. It has robust aluminum clamps with non-slip grips that are suitable for indoor and outdoor use. Learn more about this baby-friendly product in this video.
Product dimensions: 13.39 x 13.78 x 3.15in | Material: Aluminum, satin | Maximum weight recommendation: 37lb | Item weight: 3.8lb
- Includes dishwasher-safe tray
- Comes with a travel bag
- Stylish and sleek design
- Shoulder harness system
- Certified globally safe
- Not suitable on grass top tables
Review: A user writes, “Since I first used it with my nephew and now with my child, it proves how durable the chair is. It is sturdy, and my plump baby sits still in it. I would recommend it for stress-free dining. The clamps can be a bit difficult to clean though.”
Chicco Caddy Hook-On Chair
Inglesina Fast Table Chair
Phil&Teds Lobster Clip-On Highchair
4. Best Table-Friendly :Mountain Buggy Pod Clip-On Highchair
The Mountain Buggy Pod clip-on highchair is a compact high chair hook that is easy to port and is available in three colors—black, lime, and flint. The chair clamps onto most tables and can be folded and fit easily into diaper bags. Have a quick look at this video to know more about this product.
Product dimensions: 27.56 x 11.81 x 7.87in | Material: Aluminum, 300 denier polyester fabric | Maximum weight recommendation: 33lb | Item weight: 2.2lb
- Suitable for indoor and outdoor use
- Can be folded and fit into purses
- Includes a recyclable carry bag
- Comes with non-slip grip pads
- Not suitable for tables with loose tops
Review: A parent writes, “Because of its strong clamps, rapid lap belt, and clean cover, Mountain Buggy Pod has replaced the product I was previously using. It easily connects to tables and offers comfort and protection to my child. I am a big fan of its portable design.”
5. Best Washable:TC Bunny Hook On Chair
Constructed with a sturdy design, the TC Bunny hook-on chair comes with a stylish denim look. This high chair can quickly become a dad-and mom-approved seating arrangement as it has a harness attachment that secures your baby’s waist and legs to prevent them from standing while also being comfortable. Further, the sturdy hooks act as a secure attachment for the high chair.
Product dimensions: 17 x 13 x 11in | Material: Stainless steel, aluminum, denim | Maximum weight recommendation: 37lb | Item weight: 4.1lb
- Compact and sleek
- Cushion seating and oxford fabric
- Easy storage for travel
- Convenient to carry
- Cumbersome to attach
Review: A reviewer says, “It has been two years since I bought this multipurpose high chair. It fits different tables, is simple to clean, and is secured with a five-point harness. The buckling mechanism could have been better, but I’m not complaining.”
6. Best Easy To Clean:Chicco 360 Hook-On Chair
The Chicco 360 hook-on chair is a sturdy high chair hook that can make mealtime happy and hassle-free for the baby. The adjustable hook-on high can be fixed at six positions, and the rubberized grips prevent marks and scratches on table surfaces. Moreover, the dishwasher-friendly serving tray offers ease of cleaning.
Product dimensions: 28 x 12 x 15in | Material: Rubber, fabric | Maximum weight recommendation: 37lb | Item weight: 10.1lb
- Includes snap-on serving tray
- Lock technology to suit most tabletops
- Compact and foldable
- Washable high chair hook fabric
- Might be less convenient to clean
Review: A reviewer says, “It’s a good choice for my granddaughter—it accommodates her weight and height. The tray is cleverly designed for simple cleanup, and it’s easy to rotate when eating together. I use it at home or when traveling.”
7. Best Slip-Preventing:Toogel Hook On Highchair
This hook-on high chair comes with a portable table clip to prevent slipping down which gives your munchkin a seat at the adult table. This affordable baby-friendly chair is designed with a patented module to ensure the chair can be tightly fixed at the table and is made with fabric that is easy to clean.
Product dimensions: 11 x 11.8 x 13.8in | Material: Plastic, 600D polyester | Maximum weight recommendation: 37lb | Item weight: 3lb
- Designed with a storage pocket
- Non-slip plastic grip
- Environment-friendly fabric
- Stainless steel clamps
- Installation might take some time
Review: A parent writes, “I love this high chair so much. From picnic tables to counters, it fits them all with ease. The seat folds up easily for storage and is safe for our son. However, it isn’t great for some wide restaurant table tops.”
8. Best Portable:ijovin Hook On High Chair
ijovin hook-on high chair attachment has a metal frame and washable fabric. You can easily detach the fabric and frame to carry the highchair in a bag. A safety belt is provided to secure your baby in a position. The chair should be every frequently traveling dad’s and mom’s choice as it has a rear pocket where you can keep the baby essentials – wipes, napkins, etc.
Product dimensions: 16.9 x 13.8 x 11.4in | Material: Steel, 600D polyester, rubber | Maximum weight recommendation: 37lb | Item weight: 4.4lb
- Foldable design
- Soft rubber armrest
- Detachable fabric and frame
Review: A user says, “It took me a while to figure out how to set this up, but once I got the hang of it, its practicality and functionality stood out. It has an attached tray and folds into a bag. The seat is sturdy and has become an essential for our baby outings.”
9. Best Premium Quality :Muneca Baby Hook On High Chair
One of the best hook on high chairs, the Muneca Baby hook-on high chair is made with premium quality material. This product cab be trusted by moms and dads as it comes with a stylish food-grade silicone placemat and is free of lead and phthalates.
- Complimentary placemat
- Five-point unique safety harness
- Made with lightweight metal
- Holds the U.S Child Product Certificate
- Washable fabric
- Might be less durable
Review: A user writes, “In contrast to other products I’ve used, it’s extremely simple to use. I loved the 360-degree rotation and locking feature. Its design and convenience make up for any slight shortcomings, such as the absence of a travel case.”
10. Best Comfortable :guzzie+Guss Perch Clip On Table Chair
Rooting for supreme comfort for your baby, it is one of the best hook-on baby high chairs that provides your infant with the back support they need. It comes with a lead-and-phthalate-free placemat that provides ease of cleaning by containing all the spills made by the little one.
Product dimensions: 18 x 12 x 14in | Material: Silicone, nylon | Maximum weight recommendation: 37lb | Item weight: 5lb
- Easily foldable and storable
- Clamp accommodates the versatile thickness
- Comes with a complimentary placemat
- Ensures safety with a 5-point safety system
- Might be a little difficult to remove
Review: A reviewer says, “I did a lot of research before deciding on the Guzzie & Guz chair, and I’m glad I did. It is well-built, has a durable harness, is simple to install, and fits a wide variety of tables. It is a good option for travel despite its slightly large size.”
11. Best Foldable Chair:SpringBuds Hook On Chair
This product is designed to use an easy twist tight coupling clamp to secure a seat for your baby at the table. The SpringBuds hook-on chair is integrated with a travel-friendly carry bag for easy and convenient portability.
Caution: Please do not use this hook on chair on a pedestal table.
- Convenient storage pocket
- Durable and washable
- Travel-friendly packaging
- Compact and easily portable
- Instructions on the packaging might not be clear
What Are The Benefits Of Hook On Chairs?
Let’s discuss the benefits of investing in a hook on high chair.
- Space saver – The simple design allows you to hook or clip the chair onto a table saving a lot of space for you.
- Cleans easy – The best clip-on high chairs are made with machine-friendly washable material that makes cleaning your baby’s food mess a lot easier. All you have to do is wipe it down or wash it in a machine.
- Portable – Because of its convenience and foldable features, a highchair can be an easy add-on to your vacation so your baby gets a seat at the table too. Moreover, a personal tabletop high chair hook is more hygienic than using the restaurant’s common chair.
- Family time – Enjoy your meals together with your baby as one family with a highchair. It is said that a family that eats together, stays together so why not cultivate that habit early on?
Safety Tips – Hook On High Chairs
A hook-on chair is a great device for your baby but there are a few tips to keep in mind to ensure the safety of your little one.
- Read the instructions carefully to understand the kind of table tops the highchair is compatible with. Always ensure that the table is sturdy enough to hold on to your baby’s weight as well as the weight of the highchair. Never use a hook on chair on a glass top table, pedestal table, beveled edge table, a loose tabletop, camping table, placemat, leaf extension, tablecloth, folding table, etc.
- Always ensure that the highchair has a strong clamp. Make sure to test the seat level and the strength and sturdiness of the chair. Your baby should not be able to kick it off.
[ Read : 1st Step High Chair Reviews ]
- Once the highchair has been set in place, always test its stability and strength before placing your child in it.
- Every product comes with a different age, size, height, and weight limit. Please read and understand the instructions thoroughly before placing your child in the chair. This is to ensure that your baby is completely safe.
[ Read : Babyhug Urban 4 in 1 High Chair Reviews ]
- Do not forget to look for a safety strap attachment for the high chair to keep the child from slipping.
- Completely free your child from the straps and belts before removing them out of the highchair. This is an important safety measure as trying to remove your child while they are still hooked on with the harness can hurt your baby.
- Prefer travel high chair hooks with certifications to ensure quality and hassle-free traveling.
[ Read : Babyhug Dolce Vita 3 in 1 High Chair Review ]
How To Choose The Right Hook On High Chairs?
While there are several hook-on chairs that offer different features, here are a few things to keep in mind to choose the best hook-on baby high chair for your child.
- Storage pockets – Chairs with storage pockets are convenient to carry little things that your child needs. It can hold baby spoons, forks, pacifiers, and wet wipes making it easy for you and your child.
- Carry bags – Many high chairs come with a built-in carry bag. A lightweight high chair hook with its own carry bag allows ultimate portability and convenience during travel.
- Removable seat cover/cushion– Easy to clean and restore to new, a removable seat cover/cushion is just the thing you need to clean your baby’s mess. Throw the seat cover or cushion in the washing machine for an easy clean-up after your baby makes a mess.
- Safe arms – Pay attention to the arms of the chair that attaches to the table. It is recommended that it is scratch-free so that no furniture or tables are damaged while you fix the highchair on it.
- Baby’s weight – Before you make a purchase, it is essential to check the weight capacity of the highchair. A safe and effective hook-on chair should be able to hold your baby’s weight.
- Table thickness – Since most of the time, this highchair will be used at home, it is important to note if the thickness of your table is compatible with the hook on chair. Some of these are only suitable for tables that are 1.5 inches thick.
[ Read : Babyhug Foodjoy High Chair Review ]
Rachel Nelson, a professional nanny, seamstress, entrepreneur, and mom, says, “Babies are messy eaters. Thus, when choosing a hook on chair, consider how easy it would be to maintain the chair. Is the chair easily removable? Is it machine-washable? Does it need to be hung dry, or can it be tumble dried?”
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Do hook-on high chairs work on round tables?
Due to the rounded edges that some round tables feature, hook-on high chairs may not fit properly, thus making them less of an ideal choice for great stability.
2. Should I use straps on a high chair?
Straps are an essential safety feature to consider to ensure your child’s safety in any kind of high chair. Using a five-point baby harness attachment for a high chair can ensure maximum safety.
3. How do I secure a hook-on high chair?
Different hook-on chairs have different technologies for securing them to the table. For example, some chairs have clamps with non-slip grips, some have twist-to-tighten designs, and others have ratchet/lock technology and so on for secure installation.
Why Trust MomJunction?
Vibha Navarathna, our in-house writer and reviewer of baby products, has created this list of the best hook-on baby high chairs that ensure your baby’s safety while letting them be a part of family dinners. After careful research, she has included comfortable and portable products to carry while traveling. Vibha also mentions the installation methods and various features that you should consider. You may also go through the buying guide she has added to know the features you should consider when choosing a suitable chair.
A hook-on high chair is a convenient way to enjoy meals with your precious one. Not only do they provide ease of cleaning, but they are also portable and space-saving, making them an essential tool if you have a baby at home. Hence, the list includes the Chicco Caddy Hook-On Chair with a foldable body, the Inglesina Fast Table Chair with storage, the versatile Mountain Buggy Pod Clip-On Highchair, and many other versatile options. When deciding among the best clip-on high chairs to bring home, consider the baby’s weight, seat cushions, table thickness, and more. Besides, read the instructions carefully to keep your baby safe, and choose sturdy chairs with strong clamps for optimal protection.
Infographics: How To Install Hook-On Chairs?
A hook-on chair helps your little one dine with family members at the same table. It is portable and lightweight, allowing you to carry it to restaurants or other places. But remember, your child’s safety is essential when you are using a hook-on chair. So, follow the installation instructions below to attach the chair securely to the table.
- Best High Chairs For Small Spaces
- Best Travel Booster Seats For Kids
- Best Potty Training Seats
- Best Baby Loungers