Liquid-based glues usually take longer to dry compared to gel-based ones. However, for solid- or gel-based glues, you would first need to heat them enough to apply on the required surface. The best hot glue guns let you melt such adhesives quickly and direct them on the surface more easily.
Whether you are a hobbyist indulging in some DIY task or a professional crafter, having a hot glue gun is convenient. We are listing some of the best hot glue guns out there for you to choose from.
Top Products From Our List
Types Of Hot Glue Guns
Hot glue guns can be classified into the following three types.
1. High-temperature hot glue guns
A high-temperature hot glue gun is useful for melting various items, with the heat used reaching as high as 380 degrees. A high-temperature hot glue gun is suitable if you use adhesives with compounds such as polymers and thermoplastic for strong wood, plastic, or metal binding.
2. Low-temperature hot-glue guns
Low-temperature hot glue guns are fairly hot at the tip for glue melting. The temperature inside can go up to 250 degrees, making them a little safer to use than their high-temp counterparts. Low-temperature glue guns are suitable for binding delicate items in crafts that are child-friendly due to their low risk of accidents.
3. Dual-temperature hot-glue guns
A dual temperature hot glue gun comes with the properties of both high- and low-temperature guns. The temperature can be customized depending on the type of adhesive bond you want to create.
15 Best Hot Glue Guns
Gorilla’s hot glue gun kit comes with 30 hot glue gun sticks and a mini hot glue gun for quick repair works and crafts. The glue gun comes with a dual temperature feature, allowing you to melt adhesives at both high and low temperatures based on your convenience.
- Insulated precision nozzle
- Easy-to-squeeze trigger
- Built-in stand
- Wide base
- Suitable for use both outdoors and indoors
- Lightweight and ergonomic handle
- Working time may be lesser than 45 seconds
The hot glue gun kit from Chandler Tool features a 60W, full-sized, and heavy-duty hot melt glue gun designed for industrial-strength performance. The high temperature adhesive tool comes with 12 glue gun sticks for DIY adhesion and wood crafts. Further, it includes a removable stand-up base for self-support and ease of use.
- Well-designed heating chambers
- Safe to use
- Comes with a five-inch separate wire
- Comfortable grip
- Nozzle design may not be up to the mark
Cobiz’s high-temp hot glue gun allows you to choose between 60 and 100W options for heavy-duty, industrial-grade performance and comes with 12 pieces of premium 0.43x8in mini glue sticks. In addition, it features a high-performance German ceramic PTC thermal heating system and comes loaded with safety features.
- Lightweight and easy to use
- Three-year warranty
- Heats up in less than three minutes
- Heat-resistant copper nozzle
- Ergonomic build for convenience of use
- Can sustain high temperature and pressure
- Leak-proof rubber ring
- Fuse for overheating prevention
- Design of the stand could have been better
Ryobi One+ cordless hot glue gun is thoughtfully designed for minimum power consumption as it features an 18V lithium-ion battery, requiring no cord. It comes with three white glue sticks for multi-purpose use. Further, the glue gun is lightweight, weighing just 0.55lb, and allows for easy handling.
- Large gun trigger to maximize glue stream control
- Safety LED power indicator
- Extended run time of up to three and a half hours
- Rechargeable battery
- Ergonomic handle with micro hex textured grip
- Does not include battery
The Surebonder hot glue gun comes with a unique auto shut-off function for improved safety while using it. It is designed as a dual temperature glue gun, functioning on both high and low temperatures for improved adhesion adjustability. The 60W full-size glue gun generates 1.5x the power of average hot glue guns.
- Suitable for multiple projects
- Comes with an insulated nozzle
- Designed with a folding metal kickstand
- Side fins to prevent the glue from dripping when idle
- Ergonomic design
- Improved grip with rubber handle and trigger covers
- Power indicator light
- Includes a safety fuse
- Fast heating
- 120V—may not be ideal for those outside the US
Mr. Pen’s glue gun is a thoughtfully designed adhesive tool that comes with ten glue sticks for quality binding and repair. It runs on a low-heat glue gun power of 20W, thus reducing electricity consumption significantly. The mini hot glue gun is easy to use for child-friendly DIY activities.
- Safe power switch
- Enhanced safety with anti-hot cover
- Long-lasting four-inch glue sticks
- Suitable for office, home, and schools
- Precision nozzle carries a precision design to control adhesive stream
- Built-in stand
- Easy–squeeze trigger
- High glue stick consumption rate
Manelord’s hot glue gun kit is packed with a 100W heavy-duty hot glue gun and ten strong adhesion sticks to perfectly bind a wide range of materials for various glue gun crafts, repairs, and DIYs. It further features a high-quality ceramic PTC heating chip that preheats the glue in less than three minutes.
- Convenient power switch
- Light indicator
- Anti-back or drip adhesion
- Improved safety with protective nozzle cover
- Stable safety stand
- Vent design to check internal overheating
- Ergonomic design for efficient use
- Short cord
Haushof’s hot melting glue gun has been designed keeping your safety in mind and comes packed with 20 environmentally friendly hot glue gun glue sticks, each measuring four inches in length. It has a wired design and works through an AC power source. With limited electricity consumption at 20W, it is one of the most energy-efficient hot glue guns. You can use the lightweight tool for DIY projects, crafts, and repairs.
- Decent glue streaming at 0.28 to 0.42oz per minute
- Bonds fast on all materials
- Safe anti-hot silicone cover
- Protection sleeve for storage when not in use
- Insulated nozzle
- Strong, reinforced nylon gun shell
- Controlled flow of glue with trigger propulsion technology
- May take time to dispense glue
Liumai’s hot melt glue gun kit comprises a mini glue gun with 30 clear mini glue gun sticks measuring six inches each. It comes well-packaged in a portable case and is suitable for home repair and crafting needs. Besides, it is designed with decent safety features.
- CE- and RoHS-certified for safety
- User-friendly design
- Safety fuse to prevent leakage
- Can bind all types of materials
- Child-friendly make
- Precision nozzle tip
- Heats up quickly
- Uniform glue output
- Protective silicone cover
- Uneven kickstand
The 150W hot glue gun from Boswell comes in a full-sized make and features a set of six detachable nozzles in different shapes and sizes, making it unique and one of the best hot glue guns to have. In addition, the craft repair adhesive tool comes with five professional melting glue sticks that are highly viscous and melt quickly for fast adhesion.
- Adjustable heating temperature
- Heats up in one to three minutes
- Drip-free, insulated, and pointy nozzles made of copper
- High-performance glue
- PTC thermal heating unit
- Leak-proof rubber inlet
- Easy squeeze trigger
- Improved grip through rubber handle coating
- Detachable stand to keep it upright
- No dedicated button to switch on or off
The AdTech hot melt glue gun is a professionally designed tool with multiple, user-friendly features that make it a decent buy. The 200W tool offers industrial strength performance in a full-size design and delivers high output with quick glue melting for all materials.Moreover, the professional-grade gun offers powerful performance and is perfect for carpentry, remodeling, and repair works.
- Lightweight and easy to use
- Improved handle grip with ergonomic trigger design
- Sturdy metal base
- PTC heating unit
- Hourly glue output of 3.5lb
- High safety standards with UL certification
- Does not include glue gun sticks
The Seekone hot glue gun is designed as an industrial-grade and heavy-duty glue gun with dual power control options of 60W and 100W temperature build, thus allowing you to bind all types of materials. The kit comes with 20 premium adhesive sticks that melt and dry quickly for efficient adhesion.
- Adjustable temperature control
- Ceramic PTC thermal heating system for fast heating
- Ergonomic non-slip handle
- Smooth flow of glue through controlled trigger design
- Insulated copper nozzle for safety and durability
- Sturdy stainless-steel stand
- Environmentally-friendly glue stick composition
- Thin cable
Haushof’s cordless hot glue gun has a full-size design and runs on a single 2.2Ah lithium-ion battery. It comes with 20 full-length glue sticks and supports fast preheating to melt the adhesive quickly. The high-temperature adhesive tool is suitable for a range of crafts, repairs, and DIY projects.
- In-built stand-up base design
- Preheats quickly under three minutes at 60W
- Insulated, no-drip nozzle with protective cover
- Controlled flow of glue with safe trigger design
- Anti-slip grip
- Low battery life
The GT300 glue gun from Arrow is uniquely designed and has great functional features, making it one of the best hot glue guns. The 300W tool has a corded electric power source design and is designed as a high temperature adhesive gun for heavy-duty and professional installations and repairs.
- Fast heating and high-quality bonding
- Insulated, drip-resistant nozzle for improved safety
- High glue flow control
- Comes with a precision adjustment knob
- Extended nose design
- Sturdy base stand
- Ergonomic non-slip handle
- Easy-to-pull trigger
- Does not come with glue sticks
15. FL Hot Glue Gun
The FL hot glue gun is a high-temperature adhesive tool that consumes 20W of power. The light blue hot glue gun fulfills adhesive needs for various activities, ranging from DIYs to packaging and repair. Each glue gun kit comes with 15 mini hot glue sticks measuring 0.28in in diameter. The tool heats up quickly, dries fast, and holds firm on various surfaces.
- Lightweight for easy handling
- Ergonomic trigger design for reduced strain on the hand
- Fast preheating under three minutes
- Anti-drip heating chamber and sealing ring
- Built-in fuse
- Heavy-duty circuitry to sustain high temperature and pressure
- Compact trigger size suitable for crafts and arts
- Made of durable ABS plastic material
- Check valve mechanism for even melted glue flow through
- Does not include glue sticks
How To Choose The Right Hot Glue Gun?
Consider the following factors when choosing the right hot glue gun.
- Size of gun: You can choose between mini glue guns and full-sized glue guns, depending on your adhesion needs. Accordingly, the stick size for each gun would differ too.
- Cord: Choose between a cord and cordless hot glue gun based on your portability needs.
- Safety: Safety features, such as sleeved tips, fuse, and drip-resistant nozzle, improve the experience of using hot glue guns and reduce the chances of mishaps.
- On/off switch: Most glue guns are activated instantly when plugged in. The ones that come with on/off switches are, however, safer and more convenient to use.
Consider all these important factors before choosing the right hot glue gun that is high on performance and serves your needs the best. The options on this list offer good performance and durability and are perfect for your daily household repairs and DIY projects.