If you own a patio or a garden with a hot tub or jacuzzi, we have created a list of the best hot tub covers to protect them from environmental damage, especially rain, snow, or hail. Everyone wants a dream home with a fancy outdoor hot tub, but you need a good hot tub cover to keep them beautiful and prolong their life. A high-quality hot tub cover will keep your tub protected from harsh weather throughout the year and when it is not in use. These weatherproof hot tub covers are also useful, as they offer UV protection to prevent the hot tub from wearing out quickly. They are available in several colors, sizes, and styles to suit your home’s aesthetics.
Go through our list of some top-rated and best-selling options to find one that would suit your home.
Types Of Hot Tub Covers
There are two main types of hot tub covers, and they are as follows.
- Soft covers
These are generally made of polyester or vinyl and are lightweight and easy to install. These commonly include straps and drawstrings to ensure a snug fit and prevent the cover from being blown away by strong winds.
- Hard Covers
Hard hot tub covers are typically made with foam cores with a center hinge for folding. These have to be made to fit the hot tub perfectly because they have no room for adjustment. Usually heavier than soft covers, they might require more than a single person to install and remove.
11 Best Hot Tub Covers
1. Best For All Climates: The Cover Guy Hot Tub Cover
You no longer have to worry about protecting your hot tub regardless of the season, as this lockable hot tub cover by The Cover Guy is made of high-density foam and marine-grade vinyl that can endure the harshest weather conditions and heavy loads. It features four lockable tie-downs that offer added safety and has an insulation value of R19 that enables you to save on your energy bills. In addition, the tried-and-tested all-weather hot tub cover for jacuzzi features zero-absorption technology that helps prevent waterlogging and adds to its durability.
- CFC-free foam
- Rain- and snow-proof
- Durable stitching
- Comes with padded handles and straps
- Skirt may be too snug
- Handle stitching may unravel with repeated use
This hot tub cover will fit right into your stylish patio with its fashionable design and versatile functionality. Providing year-round weather protection, this cover is made of heavyweight polyester fabric with water-repellent backing. Suitable for square hot tubs up to 86 x 86 inches, this lightweight hot tub cover is easy to install. This cover also features a protective dark splash guard skirt, which keeps the hot tub protected during the rainy season. If you need further convincing, check out this YouTuber’s review.
- Features two air vents
- Durable stitching
- Comes with two padded handles
- Elastic hem cord with toggle
- Some might find this cover can get a bit worn out in the case of severe hail.
Say goodbye to cracked and weather-worn hot tubs with this durable protective hot tub cover. This easy-to-install cover features quick-release buckles at the bottom for a snug fit, and the high-quality waterproof polyester fabric makes it ideal for all weather. Suitable for most square hot tubs up to 85 x 85 inches, this time-tested product is windproof, even in gusty and windy conditions.
- Tear-resistant fabric
- Dust and snow-proof
- Provides sun protection
- Water-resistant backing
- Comes with heavy-duty hem cord with toggles
- Breathable design with side air vents
- Effective against rain, snow, hail, and dust
- May not be as durable as expected.
Best For All Climates
Best For Sun Protection
|The Cover Guy Hot Tub Cover||Classic Accessories Veranda Square Hot Tub Cover||Himal Square Hot Tub Cover|
|Dimensions||96"L x 96"W||86"L x 86"W||85"L x 85"W|
|Buy Now||Buy Now||Buy Now|
Not sure if a store-bought spa cover will fit your unique hot tub? Well, now you can get a made specifically for your stylish patio. Made of high-quality marine-grade vinyl and virgin EPS insulation foam, these custom-fit hot tub covers offer exceptional durability and are ideal for large hot tubs. Easy to install and remove, these lightweight covers can be made for any shape or size for hot tubs up to 96 inches wide. You can check out this video if you need to know more about the tub covers.
- Energy-saving hot tub cover
- Made to order hot tub covers
- Available in 10 vibrant colors
- It may not be ideal for the rainy season.
5. Best Ergonomic Design: Cover Valet The Cover Rock-It
Designed to offer convenience, the Cover Rock-It features an ergonomic design that allows you to put the cover on or off hassle-free. The maintenance cover for hot tubs features under-spa plates made with high-quality material that securely tug under the hot tub. Further, the high-quality rods provide support to keep the cover off the ground, preventing it from getting dirty. The minimalist spa cover is suitable for almost any spa measuring 100 inches.
- Easy to install
- Designed to prevent wear and tear
- Powder-coated and zinc plated plates and rods
- Can be operated from inside and outside of the hot tub
- Sturdy cover frame
- Lid may be a bit flimsy
- May not slide smoothly
6. Best With Adjustable Straps: NettyPro Hot Tub Cover
Keep your hot tub protected during heavy rains with the NettyPro hot tub cover featuring a waterproof design. It effectively prevents dirty water and debris from entering the tub and is suitable for tubs measuring 86 x 86 x 16 inches. Made with premium PVC-coated, hydrophobic material with seams on the back, this quality-tested tub cover is both durable and waterproof. Additionally, the air vents are covered to ensure air regulation while keeping dust particles out of the tub. The pack contains a minimalistic jacuzzi heavy-duty hot tub cover and a spare patch kit.
- Adjustable straps provide a snug fit
- Double-stitched seams for durability
- Click-in fasteners to keep the cover in place
- Breathable material
- Wind- and snow-proof
- May not be mold-proof
- Material may be a bit heavy
You don’t have to compromise on style for protection with this elegant, rustic, tan-tweed colored premium hot tub cover. Accentuated by dark gray piping, this sophisticated and best-in-class waterproof and UV-resistant hot tub cover complements any outdoor garden or patio setting. Made from high quality machine-woven 600 D polyester with ultrasonically-welded seams, this cover is durable and long-lasting and provides year-round protection against rain, snow, hail, dust, and sun damage.
- Contoured edges
- Not prone to fading
- Lightweight and easy to install
- Offers protection against bird dropping and tree sap
- Does not come with tie downs or drawstrings to protect against strong winds.
Designed for an idyllic garden-themed patio, this unique green hot tub cover is made with thick 12-gauge vinyl and has a polyester lining for extra durability. Suitable for square hot tubs up to 84 x 84 inches, this cover also features an elastic hem which ensures a snug fit. Designed for climates with moderate to heavy rain and snowfall, this cover is water-resistant and protects against humidity, sunlight, and strong gusty winds.
- Lightweight and versatile
- Easy to install and remove
- Protection against premature fading
- Effective in keeping leaves, pollen, and tree needles out.
Your search for a fuss-free, lightweight, durable hot tub cover ends here. Made of 100% woven polyester fabric, this high-quality cover features laminated undercoating, which prevents rainwater from seeping through. With all-weather protection, this cover is an effective and reliable choice that can withstand rain, snow, hail, dust, and sunlight.
- Easy to clean
- Features side air vents
- Tough interlocking seams
- Waterproof, sturdy material
- Some might find this hot tub cover a bit large.
If you have a round hot tub and have been on the hunt high and low for a suitable outdoor cover, you’ve found the once. Made 76 inches in diameter, this unique round hot tub cover is 4 inches thick in the center and tapers to 2 inches thick towards the edges to allow a slope for easy water removal. The foam core is made of high-quality virgin EPS, which ensures strength and durability. Easy to install and remove, this cover is equipped with non-corrosive metal C-channels for added protection.
- Lightweight and easy to clean
- Polyethylene vapor barriers
- Offers full coverage
- Customization available
- Some might not find this cover thick enough to provide insulation.
Consider this lightweight and versatile cover if you want to shield your hot tub from the harmful rays of the sun. Made using 150 G polyethylene material with double UV-resistant layers, this tried-and-tested cover also protects against rain, hail, dust, dirt, and bird droppings. Velcro makes this secure hot tub cover easy to install and remove, while a wind belt ensures a tight fit to prevent strong winds from blowing this cover off.
- 100% waterproof
- Long-lasting and durable
- Customizations available
- Fits large hot tubs up to 96 x 96 inches
- Some might find this product a bit bulky.
How To Choose The Right Tub Cover?
Keep these pointers in mind when choosing a tub cover.
- Shape and size: An essential factor to consider when picking a suitable hot tub cover is your hot tub’s shape and size. While the shape is easy to determine, make sure you measure the size correctly so that you don’t end up with a cover that doesn’t fit well. A well-fitting cover will ensure weather protection and keep leaves, dust, and insects out of your tub.
- Climate: The climatic conditions of your place of residence determine what features you need to be more particular about. If you live in an area that has sunshine all year round, make sure to pick a cover, which is UV-resistant to protect your cover against sun damage. Windy weather would benefit from a cover with tie-down straps and drawstrings to ensure the cover doesn’t blow off in gusty conditions. A waterproof hot tub cover would be ideal for an area that experiences heavy rainfall.
- Durability: Pay close attention to the material the cover is made of to ensure it is long-lasting and durable. Covers with double-stitched seams and protective linings provide extra strength and protection and ensure a longer life for your cover. Have a close look at reviews to pick a cover that is not prone to tearing and cracking.
Why Trust MomJunction?
Our skilled writers and reviewers bring you this list of the best hot tub covers compiled after understanding the needs and wants of the users. Our detailed description with the pros and cons of each product can help you pick the most suitable one for yourself. These covers are quality-tested, durable, effective, and available in various options to suit your needs. Also, we provide you with some pointers that you must remember to narrow down to the right option for a worry-free time at a jacuzzi.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Do hot tub covers get waterlogged?
Over time, hot tub covers might get waterlogged. You can tackle the problem by removing the foam inserts and letting them air-dry completely. Check the cover for any holes or other damage and fix it. Place the foam inserts back inside the cover and use them again for your hot tub.
2. Why do hot tub covers get so heavy?
A hot tub cover can get heavy when waterlogged because of its damaged outer cover.
3. How thick of a hot tub cover do I need?
Typically, a hot tub cover should be two to four inches thick to protect your hot tub. UV rays or rain can penetrate a hot tub cover thinner than two inches.
4. What does it mean if a hot tub cover has a C-channel?
A C-channel is found in foam-based covers and provides a support beam for your hot tub cover. C-channels prevent the cover from dipping or bending.
5. How often do I change the water in my hot tub?
A good and well-fitted hot tub cover reduces the need to change the water in your hot tub too often. On average, it is advisable to drain and refill the water in your hot tub once every three months.
The joy of returning home after a long day and relaxing in a jacuzzi or a hot tub is unmatched. And while you may be blessed with a fancy jacuzzi or a hot tub, you should ensure it is well-maintained—for which you need the best hot tub cover. These covers protect your hot tubs from harsh weather conditions and dirt, and some even prevent mold growth. You may choose a soft or hard cover—the former comes with strings and straps and is easy to install, while the latter offers minimum options for adjustment. We would recommend the energy-saving The Cover Guy Hot Tub Cover, the MySpaCover Hot Tub Cover for its durability and ease of installation, and the Covermates Square Hot Tub Cover for its versatility.
Infographic: Advantages Of Investing In A Hot Tub Cover
Hot tub covers protect hot tubs from debris, insects, and UV rays, making these covers quite popular. However, they offer many more benefits, which have been highlighted in the following infographic. So read on to learn the advantages of hot tub covers.