A brewed cup of perfect Iced Tea is enough to relax jangled nerves and refresh you. Ice tea makes for a great summer drink and the perfect option to serve guests. But how do you make a great glass of iced tea? With the help of an Iced tea maker, of course.
In this post, we list some of the best iced tea makers in the market that can give you restaurant-like iced tea within the comforts of your home.
Top Products From Our List
13 Best Iced Tea Makers To Buy
The aesthetically designed and multipurpose cold brew maker from Ovalware can be used for making both brewed iced tea and iced coffee. It is compatible with both tea bags and loose leaf tea. The carafe is made of borosilicate glass, the filter is of medical-grade stainless steel, the seal is of BPA-free silicon, and the base is made of rubber.
- Cushioned rubber on the base to prevent slippage
- Stainless steel filter does not rust and is reusable
- Airtight seal keeps brew fresh for long
- Fragile and can break easily if the glass is not handled with care
- Can be difficult to clean the interior
This classic iced tea maker is now available in an improved version that promises to provide the perfect brew in just a few minutes. It produces up to two quarts of iced tea in one go. All you need to add is water, ice, and tea. You could add both tea bags and loose leaf tea to it.
- Quick and easy to use
- Pitcher can be used for both brewing and serving and is easy to clean
- Tea maker shuts off automatically and has a light to indicate when in use
- New model has water going through very fast, which dilutes the tea
- No lever or valve to adjust how long water stays in the basket
- Pitcher is made of plastic, which may cause odor build-up
This clear glass teapot from Willow & Everett is ideal for making infused drinks. It can brew approximately three glasses of tea in just a few minutes. Ice can simply be added to the brewed tea for a serving of iced tea. Water needs to be added to the pot and then boiled, after which loose leaf tea should be added to the infuser.
- Can be used in the microwave to boil water or heat tea, eliminating the need for another vessel
- Stainless steel lid has a snug fit that prevents spills
- Removable steel mesh infuser is rust-free
- Not compatible with tea bags
- Cannot be used over the stovetop
- Glass of teapot is delicate and may break if not handled with care
This 2-in-1 iced tea brewing system from Mr. Coffee can make up to 2.5 quarts of iced tea in just a few minutes. It includes a brew-strength selector feature that allows the user to determine how much flavor and how strong the tea should be. The electric iced tea maker switches off automatically when done, and the design allows for convenient storage.
- Compatible with tea leaves or tea bags of any flavor
- Both the lid and the pitcher can be put in the dishwasher
- Has a permanent filter and does not require paper filters
- Glass pitcher is lightweight, fragile, and needs to be handled with care
- Tea concoction tends to come out cloudy
- Deep pitcher requires ice cubes to be placed gently to avoid breakage
This has been pitched as an ideal teapot set for brewing and steeping tea and chilled iced tea. Add ice cubes to the cup that directly dispenses from the bottom and is easy to use. It just needs to be placed over your teacup to dispense.
- Comes with a filter that is easy to remove and is washable
- Comes with a coaster
- Design ensures no spills or leaks
- Tritan material makes it shatterproof as compared to glass teapots
- Cannot be used with tea bags
- Expensive when compared to other tea infusers
- Curvature of the lid could lead to overfilling
This iced tea maker from Takeya comes with a patented flask chill technology that claims to chill freshly brewed tea within 30 seconds, while retaining its freshness. The pitcher is made of BPA-free Tritan, and the tea maker also includes a fine mesh tea infuser. It is available in two sizes of one and two quarts.
- Can be used with both tea bags and loose tea leaves
- Airtight seal of lid locks flavor in the pitcher
- Comes with a silicone handle to give a good grip and prevent spills
- Flow of spout is not always consistent and may lead to overfilling
- Difficult to clean
- Some parts of the tea maker are not dishwasher-safe
The Semko Cold Brew Maker is made of borosilicate glass, which assures durability. It is multipurpose and can be used for preparing tea, coffee, and other drinks. It comes with an infuser, pitcher, and lid. The brew maker has the capacity to make approximately five cups of homemade iced tea.
- Comes with an airtight lid that helps retain freshness
- Easy to clean, dishwasher-safe, and thermal-shock resistant
- Has a reusable steel filter that will not rust
- Does not come with a cushion at the bottom
- Aimed at slow brewing and the process takes a long time
- Handle of the filter may come off easily
The Iced Tea Maker from Capresso has a capacity of an 80-ounce pitcher and comes with an adjustable flavor enhancer. The pitcher can be used for brewing, serving, and storing iced tea. The water reservoir of the iced tea machine is detachable.
- Compatible with both loose tea leaves and tea bags
- Pitcher and removable filter basket are dishwasher-safe and easy to clean
- Pitcher has an easy-to-pour spout
- Limited capacity
- Brewing area does not empty out
The Cold Brew Maker from Brew To A Tea promises 1.5 quartz of perfect brew in a jiffy. It is multipurpose and can also be used for brewing coffee. The lid and BPA-free silicone seal are designed to lock in the flavor of the brew and keep it fresh up to weeks. The cold brewing process claims to be 70% less acidic and comparatively richer in taste than hot brewing.
- Stainless steel filter has a dual mesh, which is removable and easy to clean
- Pitcher is made of high-quality borosilicate glass that can withstand extreme temperatures
- Handle ensures easy access and is designed for easy storage
- If not handled carefully, the filter can drop into the pitcher
- Filter needs to be removed to pour the brew
- Tall carafe may not fit into all storage spaces
This pitcher cum iced tea maker is ideal for making infused drinks. The pitcher is made of borosilicate, which is known to be a durable glass. It requires tea leaves to be placed in the infuser, followed by boiled water to be poured into the pitcher. The steeping process takes 3–5 mins.
- Easy to clean and dishwasher-safe
- The strainer is very fine and picks up all the tea leaves
- Aesthetically pleasing and well-designed
- Not compatible with tea bags
- Infuser needs to be removed to pour out the tea
- No markings for measurement provided
This versatile cold brew maker can be used for brewing both iced coffee and tea, and it is compatible with both tea bags and loose tea leaves. It is made of durable borosilicate glass and is a perfect choice for brewing chilled ice tea.
- Easy-to-clean carafe with a wide mouth
- Fine-mesh infuser of the strainer keeps all the tea leaves out of the brew
- Large capacity—holds upto 1.7 liters
- Leakage may occur unless the cap is tightly secured
- Filter doesn’t go deep into the pitcher
- Difficult to pour out brew
This tumbler from Primula doubles up as an iced tea maker that can be used on the go. It is made of durable Tritan material, which ensures that it is both shatterproof and stain-resistant. It also comes with a stainless steel mesh strainer.
- Compatible with both loose leaf teas and tea bags
- Easy to clean and dishwasher-safe
- Lid flips open and is leak-proof, making it easy to carry around
- Not suitable for making large batches of iced tea
- Silicone seal needs to be cleaned carefully to avoid build-up of mold
- Seal can become loose after repeated use
This brewing system from Nostalgia promises delicious iced tea. The pitcher is made of glass and can hold 12 cups of tea. The electric brew strength selector allows the user to determine how strong the tea should be. It comes with a three-position lid for keeping it closed, free pouring, or pouring with an ice guard.
- Provision for cord storage at the bottom
- Simple single-push button
- Comes with a base for the pitcher to rest on
- Flavor extraction chamber
- Pitcher is fragile and may chip or break easily
- Filter basket is not deep, which affects the capacity of tea that can be infused
- All water in the reservoir is not used during the brewing process
How to Choose the Best Iced Tea Maker?
Here are a few factors to consider when choosing an iced tea maker:
- Capacity required: Determine whether you need to make a large batch at one go or if a single serve is what you need. Several iced tea makers come in large sizes, whereas others are designed to produce a single glass.
- Speed: Some iced tea makers are designed for slow brewing, while others can make a large batch of iced tea in just a couple of minutes. Pick one that matches your requirements when it comes to time.
- Material: Plastic and Tritan iced tea makers are durable but not eco-friendly and may emit odor. Glass and borosilicate iced tea makers are eco-friendly and provide a better taste to your tea, but are delicate and can break easily.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Can I make iced coffee in my iced tea maker?
Several iced tea makers are multipurpose and versatile. They can be used for making both iced tea and iced coffee. However, this is not universal. Some ice tea makers like teapots with infusers are designed only for brewing tea and making iced tea, not coffee.
2. Can I make iced tea with any kind of tea?
Technically speaking, iced tea can be made with any kind of tea. However, most often, black tea is used.
We hope our list of the Best Iced Tea Makers helps you make a choice to match your needs and allows you to have a daily fix of that perfectly brewed cup of iced tea.