If you want something handy to check the room temperature for various reasons, here’s our list of the best indoor-outdoor thermometers to help you choose the right one. You can use these high-quality indoor-outdoor thermometers to check the temperature of your baby’s room, garage, gardens, bedroom, green room, living room, or even the humidity of a room where you need to grow indoor plants. You can install it on a wall at your home for your convenience.
With various features and designs, choosing the right thermometer may be challenging. So, go through our list to find one that suits your needs.
15 Best Indoor-Outdoor Thermometers
The Kalevol weather station indoor outdoor thermometer has a wireless design, making it easy to monitor temperatures and humidity inside and outside your home. In addition, this thermometer has a 7.5” vibrant color display and an adjustable backlight that makes it easy to read in low light. This weather instrument provides detailed information on temperature, humidity, forecast, wind speed, moon phase, barometric pressure, and more.
- Has an atomic clock and calendar function
- Has a transmission distance of 200 ft
- Two power supply modes
- Three optional channels are available
- Some may find it challenging to set up
- May be smaller than expected
The Taylor precision thermometer features the daily minimum and maximum temperature recall and comes with a small display with large digits. The wireless device shows temperature in Fahrenheit as well as Celsius.
- Comes with a built-in clock and hassle-free installation
- Has a small display in large digits
- Comes in a beautiful, sleek and contemporary design
- Remote sensors transmit signals for 200ft
- Manual time function with Celsius and Fahrenheit display
- The outdoor sensor is not sealed or waterproof
- Doesn’t work in freezing temperatures
Thanks to its premium Swiss sensor, the thermometer can detect subtle temperature and humidity changes inside and outside your home. You can simultaneously monitor four different rooms in your home by connecting it to three other wireless sensors. It has an easy-to-read LCD backlit 3.5” display that you can turn on with a simple touch. You can mount this digital thermometer on a wall or place it on a table with its retractable stand to get comprehensive temperature details.
- Transmission range of 200 ft
- Pre-calibrated for accurate measurement
- Power-saving feature
- Compact and modular design
- Easy to use
- Get high/low records for all time or the last 24 hours
- May not be weather-resistant
- May be slower than expected
Kalevol Weather Station Indoor Outdoor Wireless Thermometer
Taylor Precision Products Wireless Digital Indoor-Outdoor Thermometer
Smartro SC92 Professional Indoor Outdoor Thermometer
|Dimensions||-||2.38 x 0.78 x 3.5 inches||7.09 x 4.53 x 1.38 inches.|
|Batteries||-||-||2 AAA batteries required|
|Buy Now||Buy Now||Buy Now|
This digital model is one of the highest-quality weatherproof and wireless thermometers with a completely sealed outdoor sensor that transmits readings for up to 60m. It features a backlight, touchable LCD screen, temperature, and humidity readings. You can also check this YouTube video for a complete idea about the thermometer display console.
- Calibrated and sealed outdoor sensors
- High precision humidity and temperature readings
- Quick backlight feature for ease of use
- Updates readings every 50 seconds
- Cold, heat, and rain resistant, weatherproof sensors
- Multiple mounting options and min/max records
- Battery life span is short
The black forecast station features some advanced features along with barometric pressure readings to help you stay updated with the climatic conditions outside and inside your house. If you want to know more about this weather instrument, take a look at this review on YouTube.
- Comes with a detailed user manual
- Features barometric pressure and 24-hour historical graph
- Shows indoor and outdoor temperatures and humidity percentage
- Also gives away alerts and min/max records
- Comes with a forecast tendency indicator
- Wall hanging and foldable design
- Needs to be plugged in constantly
Newentor offers an easy-to-read, large-display wireless indoor and outdoor thermometer with an atomic alarm clock that lets you customize your temperature alerts. The all-in-one convenient device allows you to measure and monitor environmental vitals like humidity, weather forecast, moon phases, and barometric pressure to help you plan your day and activities better.
- Supports three remotes
- Up to 200ft wireless transmit range
- Adjustable backlight
- Compact and modular design
- Monitors multiple locations
- Works on battery and via DC adapter
- Might not sync with daylight savings time
- Screen may not be refraction-free
If you are looking for a sleek and tiny thermometer that offers only indoor-outdoor temperature readings, this AcuRite digital thermometer is a great pick. The device indicates temperature and comes with an arrow that shows a drop or rise in the temperature.
- Easy to install with durable batteries
- High precision wireless all-weather thermometer
- Outdoor thermometer offers readings every 30 seconds
- An arrow that indicates increasing/decreasing temperature
- Comes with wireless display console and additional sensors
- Comes in a sleek, tiny and stylish design
- No barometric pressure or humidity readings
- Doesn’t offer alerts or notifications
Capable of connecting to three channels, the digital thermometer by Geevon features an alarm clock as well as a humidity sensor. It has a large backlit display (LCD), making it easy to read temperatures even in low-light areas. Featuring a strong wireless connection, this thermometer can cover an area of 200 feet without faltering.
- Readings can be switched between Celcius and Fahrenheit
- Comes with a detailed user manual
- Comes with a wireless remote sensor
- Records 24-hour temperature and humidity
- Some might find it difficult to operate
- Buttons might be small
The indoor-outdoor thermometer by Geevon has three wireless sensors and helps monitor humidity levels and temperature in different locations. You can view the temperature and humidity details on the LCD screen with large digits for easy reading. In addition, you can press the MEM button to switch between Celsius and Fahrenheit. With multiple placement options, you can put this device in the children’s room, wine cellar, greenhouse, etc.
- Equipped with memory function to track
- Allows setting minimum and maximum temperature levels manually
- Has a high/low temperature and humidity alert feature
- Has a range of transmission up to 200 ft
- Comfort indicator shows suitable temperature and humidity levels
- May not have backlight
- Screen may get scratched easily
The Newentor weather station thermometer can track the temperature, humidity, and other details. It features a vibrant color display and an atomic clock to record outdoor and indoor temperatures accurately. In addition, its forecast display has a calendar that you can use to plan your day and an adjustable backlight enabling you to customize the display to your needs.
- Provides weather forecast for the next eight to 24 hours
- Supports up to three remote sensors
- Dual alarm clock
- Has two power modes—batteries and DC adapter
- Easy to set up
- May not provide accurate readings under direct exposure to diverse weather conditions
- May be sensitive to touch
The comfort level indicator in this wireless weather station will remind you to adjust the humidifier and dehumidifier settings for monitoring living and health conditions. Its remote wireless sensor can transmit signals for up to 262 feet (line of sight).
- Portable, wireless, and battery-operated weather station
- Offers accurate temperature and humidity readings
- LCD with 20 seconds backlight
- Smiley comfort indicator suggests closing or opening the window
- The display shows time, battery indicator, indoor and outdoor temperature, indoor and outdoor humidity, comfort level and touch button
- The sensor is not waterproof and not durable
The two-in-one thermometer by Neoteck doubles as a hygrometer. It accurately and effectively measures the maximum and minimum temperature along with the humidity. Its simple, elegant, and minimalist bold white body allows it to blend well with the interiors, irrespective of the theme. In addition, with a large LCD display console, the non-contact thermometer gives you a clear view of all the details even from a distance.
- Built-in 1.5 m sensor wire
- Easy and simple to use
- Modular design
- Equipped with memory erasing option
- Features a hole for hanging on the wall
- May not measure outdoor humidity
- No backlight for viewing in the dark
This attractive circular thermometer has a bright LCD and comes with advanced RF sensor technology for better readings and transmission. Plus, you can easily switch between F and C indicators.
- This thermometer comes with advanced RF sensor technology
- An appealing round LCD with high resolution
- Low battery indicator and arrow trends for temperature
- Wall and table-top stand makes it dual placed
- Portable and high-performance thermometer with min/max records
- Consumes a lot of power
- Doesn’t come with batteries
This cool thermometer has three remote sensors and offers five weather forecasts for the next 12 hours. The wireless sensors can collect data from a remote distance of around 100M, and it also provides a frozen alert along with min and max records.
- Comes with four buttons – CH, C/F, MEM, and light
- Backlight, low battery indicator, and min/max readings
- Provides both temperature and humidity readings
- Weather forecast for the next 12 hours
- Five weather forecast symbols indications available
- Not suitable for freezing weather
- May lose connection in cold weather
This 4.5-inch thermometer has an attractive white design, and the display gives away necessary information like indoor/outdoor temperature, time, and humidity.
- Lightweight and easy-to-carry thermometer
- Comes with highly accurate sensors
- Can also be used to measure fish tank temperature
- User-friendly display console and control panels
- Gives highly accurate humidity readings
- Slightly overpriced than basic indoor-outdoor thermometers
- No air pressure readings
How To Use An Indoor/ Outdoor Thermometer?
It is essential to mount the thermometers and sensors at appropriate locations so that the thermometer can function correctly. Here’s how you can use an indoor-outdoor thermometer:
- Install the thermometer in an area with shade, away from direct sunlight. While most sensors work in cold, damp, or cold conditions, it is still good to install them in a safe location.
- Place the sensors within the operating range of the base station. Look out for this distance on the user manual of your thermometer packaging. Also, make sure there are few obstructions like walls between the sensor and base station.
- Install the thermometer around five feet off the ground and maintain some space between the sensor and structure because the devices can pick heat from any structure.
- Make sure that the sensor and thermometer are placed at a distance from fireplaces, dryer vents, or air conditioners as they might lead to an inaccurate reading.
- Remember that rain, precipitation, heat, and extreme moisture can impact the readings.
What Are The Uses Of An Indoor-Outdoor Thermometer?
An indoor-outdoor thermometer:
- Let’s you measure outside temperature without going out
- Is handy for engineers to measure the temperature of unfinished buildings.
- Measures barometric pressure and humidity along with the temperature.
- Gives accurate temperature measurements of other rooms in the house
- Provides smartphone connectivity that helps in knowing the temperature on your phone.
How To Choose The Right Indoor/ Outdoor Thermometer?
There are certain factors you need to consider while choosing an indoor-outdoor thermometer. Here are the most important ones you should not miss.
There are thermometers with LCD and color displays of various sizes. Unlike analog thermometers, they also have a backlight, so you can get the readings correctly. When it comes to looks, the black and white displays are cheaper than the colored ones. So, if you are looking for decorative thermometers, you can choose colored ones.
2. Temperature forecast and measurement
The most important thing to consider while selecting a thermometer is the temperature forecast. Some thermometers offer temperature forecasts for weeks, and some project the temperature of the upcoming 12 or 24 hours. Some thermometers come with outdoor remote sensors so you can measure the temperature at a specific location.
Some thermometers operate on batteries so you can place these thermometers at a distance and use it until the battery runs out. This is a convenient option, but if the battery goes off consistently, it may cost you a lot. The replacement for a thermometer that works on the battery is the thermometer that works with constant power supply through a power outlet. You’ll have to place the thermometer near a power outlet, and it will eliminate the cost of batteries.
4. Other features
Some thermometers also offer readings for humidity, weather forecast, and barometric pressure. Some also provide alerts and notifications for extreme climatic conditions such as extreme heat or snowfall. Some thermometers offer UV index so you can keep away from sunlight when the rays are extremely harmful.
Why Trust MomJunction?
An avid reader and writer, Wedetso Chirhah is a product reviewer who follows a thorough research process. He boasts the dual ability to write engaging content while also being factual. Specializing in household products, he uses his experience to scour the internet to find the best indoor outdoor thermometers and has reviewed each product in detail with its pros and cons. You will also find sections on how to use, benefits, and a buying guide to help you make the right choice.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Can I use an indoor or outdoor thermometer in an apartment or rental unit?
Yes, you can use an indoor and outdoor thermometer in apartments and rental units. The installation and use of these thermometers are easy and quick, so you can use them in apartments to monitor the temperature of your baby’s room or use them at a rental unit for cold storage, wine cellars, or other such places.
2. What is the use of an outdoor thermometer?
Outdoor thermometers are used to measure temperature and forecast weather. The forecasts from the outdoor thermometer will allow you to plan your events accordingly. Some outdoor thermometers also give alerts and notifications, so you can save yourself from getting stuck in a storm, heavy snowfall, or hurricane.
3. How is a thermometer used to measure the temperature?
Thermometers measure temperature through mercury. Mercury is sealed in a glass tube, and whenever the temperature rises or falls, it expands and contracts. These thermometers are generally calibrated so you can easily watch the readings.
4. What is barometric pressure?
Barometric pressure is the pressure produced by the weight of air around us and is also known as atmospheric pressure. There is a lot of air in the atmosphere, and though it is very light, gravity pulls the air molecules and creates pressure.
Barometric pressure can help forecast climatic and weather conditions and has a significant effect on the human body. You can forecast the weather with the help of barometric pressure readings. This works well, especially if you have planned some outdoor activities.
5. Is temperature measured in the shade or the sun?
For accurate measurement, you can place the thermometer in the shade. Placing your thermometer under the sun can show a higher reading due to the constant presence of sunlight.
6. Where should I place an indoor thermometer?
It would be best if you did not place indoor thermometers near windows, fans, or air conditioners, as it may alter the readings. For accurate readings, you can set the thermometer away from the ground, in the center of the room, or somewhere with good airflow.
Keep track of the humidity and temperature in your home, baby’s room, greenhouse, garden, or wine cellar with the best indoor-outdoor thermometers. These handy devices ensure the environment is neither too hot nor very cold, so living beings thrive. We recommend the La Crosse Technology S84107 Color Forecast Station for its high-contrast multicolor display, the Newentor Weather Station for its atomic clock feature, and the ThermoPro TP63 Digital Wireless Hygrometer Indoor-Outdoor Thermometer for its touchscreen feature that offers convenience. When choosing the ideal thermometer, ensure it comes with a large, easy-to-read display, has a temperature forecast, provides additional readings for barometric pressure, and provides alerts and notifications for extreme climatic conditions, such as extreme heat or snowfall.
Infographic: How To Use An Indoor/Outdoor Thermometer?
Besides procuring the best indoor/outdoor thermometer, using it appropriately is crucial to ensure the accuracy of the readings. In addition, it is essential to mount the thermometers and sensors at particular locations. Check out the following infographic to learn how to make these thermometers function correctly.