Do you love to use a wok every once in a while when you want to quickly whip up a delicious meal? But you recently replaced your old gas stove with an induction cooktop? Then what you need is a flat-bottomed wok with rounded edges.
A wok is a great addition to your kitchen as it can amp up your stir-frying game! A good induction wok works the same way as a traditional round-bottomed one. It distributes heat evenly and cooks your food faster. All while lending your meat or vegetables that classic charred aroma and flavor and retaining the crunch. Besides, it is extremely versatile and can be used for deep-frying, steaming, and boiling any dish. However, picking the right wok might be difficult. To help you out, we have compiled a list of the 11 best induction woks in the market.
11 Best Induction Woks Of 2021
Go green with this Green Earth Wok by Ozeri! Featuring ecozeriTM technology, this wok uses a ceramic coating derived from nature. It does not contain PTFE, PFOA, and other harmful chemicals. Unlike other synthetic, non-stick coated ceramic pans that release toxic fumes at high temperatures, this particular wok is safe for you and the environment. Undoubtedly, the non-stick coating is high on performance as it ensures that the food doesn’t stick or burn during cooking. It is made of high-quality die-cast aluminum that has a magnetized bottom, which transfers heat rapidly and allows for even cooking.
- Made of durable material
- Easy to clean
- Scratch-resistant coating
- Includes a heat-resistant Bakelite handle
- Measures 14 inches, making it capable of cooking plenty of food.
If you are someone who uses a wok for almost all your cooking needs, you need a good quality one such as this stainless steel wok. It is strong and durable enough to withstand extremely high temperatures and constant use of metal cooking utensils. It is made of 18/10 stainless steel with a multi-element aluminum core that ensures even heat distribution and faster browning. It comes with a stainless steel lid that traps in heat and moisture, enabling you to use the wok for other cooking purposes. Plus, the flat bottom base of this 13-inch wok makes it compatible with any stovetop, including induction.
- Features a scratch-resistant base
- Oven-safe up to 500°F
- The loop in the stainless steel handle offers convenient storage option
- The V-shaped design of the handle with air-flow technology keeps it cool for longer.
Add a bit of chic to your kitchen with this beautiful purple colored wok by TeChef. Along with being stylish, this 12-inch wok or stir-fry pan delivers on performance and quality, too. Built with heavy-gauge aluminum, it features 5 layers of Teflon Platinum non-stick coating that makes cooking easy and cleaning up a breeze. It is to be noted that the coating does not contain harmful substances like PFOA, cadmium, and lead. Hence, it is safe to use and is less likely to poison your food. This Korean-made wok is uniquely designed with a 3.5 mm thick base and thin walls in order to distribute heat evenly across the bottom and up the sides of the pan.
- Oven safe at up to 350°F
- Comes with a lid
- The pattern on the interior of the pan indicates the amount of oil required.
Ask any chef who is an expert at cooking Asian cuisine, and they will tell you that carbon steel is one of their most preferred materials when it comes to woks. This carbon steel wok is a great option for professional and home use. It is lightweight, sturdy, and heats up quickly and evenly to give you perfectly cooked, delicious food in no time. Measuring 12.5 inches, this wok is the perfect size if you want to cook for 2 to 3 people. What we love the most is the hammered texture of the wok, which gives it an authentic yet modern look.
- Has a flat bottom
- Needs to be seasoned
- Can be used on electric coils, induction, and gas stovetops
- Includes a stainless steel spatula and wooden lid (does not heat up during use)
Made from hard-anodized metal and featuring a stainless steel base, this induction-compatible wok boasts of superior heat conductivity that evenly and quickly cooks food. All while the 3-layer non-stick coating and hi-low groove design of the pan guarantee the smooth release of food without using oil. These qualities also prevent the interior of the pan from getting damaged, in turn, extending the life of the utensil. It is easy to clean with the help of a dishwasher and can tolerate oven temperatures up to 400°F. This black wok comes with a clear tempered glass lid that lets you monitor the food while cooking without lifting the cover and keeps the food warm until it’s ready to serve.
- Measures 12 inches
- Warp-resistant base
- It is non-stick coated inside and out
- Scratch, chip, and stain-resistant
- Available in 2 other colors – chocolate and merlot red
- Features a stainless steel handle with silicone wrapping for a non-slip grip
This cookware set has everything you need to optimize your day-to-day cooking. It includes a non-stick aluminum wok, a tempered glass lid, a deep frying basket, and a steaming rack. With these at your disposal, you can do it all, from deep frying to steaming your meals. The wok comes with a ceramic and titanium non-stick coating that prevents food from sticking to the pan and ensures quick and easy cleanup. It is oven safe up to 400°F and dishwasher-safe, although it is recommended to be hand-washed. Since the wok is made of heat-conducting material, rest assured you will get evenly cooked food every single time.
- PFOA, TFA, cadmium, and lead-free
- Suitable for all stovetops
- The lid is heat and shatter-resistant
- Features a stainless steel handle
- Scratch-resistant surface ensures durability
- Heats food quickly without creating hot spots
In addition to being a great piece of kitchenware, this Chinese wok is no doubt a work of art. One look at it, and you will be in awe of its appearance. It is made of die-cast aluminum and comes with German tech GREBLON non-stick PTFE marble coating for convenient cooking and easy cleanup. Plus, it doesn’t require too much oil to cook your food. This wok features a 4 mm thick base that conducts heat quickly and evenly and ensures that it is retained for longer in the pan. The flat bottom of the pan does not only make it compatible with induction cooktops but also makes it suitable for use on electric, ceramic, solid fuel, and halogen cooktops.
- Sturdy and durable material
- 100% PFOA and toxin-free
- Can withstand high-temperature settings
- Includes a wood designed heat-resistant handle that offers a comfortable grip
- Comes with a glass lid that has a silicone knob and steam vent
If there is one cookware that will last for generations and only gets better with each use (given that it’s maintained well), it’s none other than cast iron cookware. So don’t think twice about buying this cast iron wok by Uno Casa. It features a flat bottom with a wide base, which ensures it is sturdy enough to stay put on any cooking surface, be it induction or gas stove. Plus, this pre-seasoned cast iron wok is naturally non-stick, which means it aids in even distribution of heat and cooks foods faster. With every wok, you get 1 recipe ebook for free!
- At 12 inches and 8 lb, it is lightweight and compact
- Contains heat for a long time
- Double-sided handles make it easy to hold and lift
- Includes a glass lid with a rubber seal
- The lid can be used with other Uno Casa pots and pans
Popular among professional chefs all around the world, this wok is excellent for home use as well. It is authentically hand-hammered and then machine-pressed to achieve a flat base, making it one of the finest traditional woks on this list. Made of carbon steel, this wok has a heavy-gauge body and is built to last. The flat-bottom design ensures the pan stays intact on any stovetop and in constant contact with the heat source. This wok is sure to last you a lifetime as long as you wash, dry, and season it after every use according to instructions on the package. All you traditionalists out there, this wok is made for you!
- Distributes heat quickly and evenly
- Can be used for various cooking purposes
- Comes pre-seasoned using 100% vegetable oil
- Lightweight and easy to lift during the cooking process
If you are always on the rush and want to cut down your cooking time drastically, then try this TeChef CeraTerra Collection Wok. This wok features an aluminum body, stainless steel base, and ceramic non-stick coating that makes cooking healthy food quick and easy. Plus, it facilitates the smooth release of food from the pan and is dishwasher-safe. The double-riveted stainless steel handle of the wok is sturdy, durable, and provides excellent grip.
- Oven safe up to 450°F
- Has high heat conductivity
- Does not contain PFOA, PTFE, cadmium, and lead
- The handle does not heat up quickly
There is a lot to love about this 12.5 inches stainless steel wok by Pointv. Firstly, it is made of high-quality metal that ensures strength and durability. Secondly, the pan’s interior features a non-stick surface that has a honeycomb texture for even and quick heating and easy release of food. In addition to that, this pan is compatible with all stovetops, thanks to its 6-ply traditional round bottom and the large cooking surface. For best results, before each use, heat the pan with cooking oil to enhance the non-stickiness of the surface.
- Scratch-resistant and non-corrosive
- Oven safe up to 400°F
- Dishwasher-safe (hand wash is recommended for more durability)
- Comes with a tempered glass lid and steel turner
- Includes a heat-insulated handle that is firmly secured to the pan with a rivet
Before you finalize on an induction-compatible wok, you might want to go through the points given below to make sure you choose the right one.
How To Choose The Best Induction Wok
- Material: Induction wok pans come in a variety of materials, such as aluminum, cast iron, stainless steel, and Carbon steel. All these materials have excellent heat conductivity, which distributes heat evenly and quickly throughout the pan. However, it’s essential to understand the properties of each of these materials before you buy one.
- Aluminum woks: They are incredibly lightweight and dishwasher-safe. But they may not work well with acidic foods unless you buy aluminum woks with a non-stick coating.
- Stainless steel woks: These woks are lightweight, heat fast, and easy to clean. But since they heat up quickly, you need to keep a close watch as they could burn your food even before you realize it.
- Cast iron woks: These are the traditional woks that have been used by the Chinese for centuries. They have superior heat conductivity and retention properties, and most of them come pre-seasoned. However, they are quite heavy in comparison to other materials. Plus, they need to be cleaned and seasoned as recommended; otherwise, they tend to rust.
- Carbon steel woks: Woks made from Carbon steel seems to be a popular choice in many professional kitchens because it is lightweight and easy to season as compared to cast iron woks. They also heat well to facilitate uniform cooking. That said, the maintenance and the process of seasoning to create a non-stick surface could be time-consuming.
- No matter what material you prefer, ensure
- that t
- hey are of good quality and convenient to use.
- Base: If you are looking for a pan for your induction cooktop, it’s always best to go with a flat-bottomed pan. It will stay in continuous contact with the heating surface.
- Capacity: The capacity of the wok varies depending on the amount of food you will be cooking. You can choose 8, 12, or 16-inch wok based on your preference.
- Coating: Cast iron and carbon steel woks don’t work well with non-stick coating, and moreover, they have to be seasoned time and again to create a non-stick surface. If you do require a non-stick coating in your pan, opt for a heavy-duty aluminum wok that comes with non-toxic ceramic or Teflon platinum coating.
- Ease of cleaning: To ensure your wok lasts long, you need to clean and maintain it properly. When looking for a wok for your induction cooktop, make sure you find one that is dishwasher-safe. However, cast iron and carbon steel woks need to be washed by hand.
We have given you a list of the 11 best woks suitable for induction cooktops and information on how to choose the right one. Now we leave it to you to pick the best one that suits your cooking needs. All the woks on this list have a flat bottom, are durable enough to last long, and ensure to give you smokey, perfectly seared, and crunchy stir fry every time.