iPads have gone from being extremely expensive to being affordable and the perfect gadgets for children. However, younger children can be quite clumsy and may not understand the value of money as much as older children or preteens. Hence you would need to get the best iPad cases for kids, as they can help keep the device free of scratches, bumps, and more. Often, children may unintentionally mishandle the iPad during screen time or leave it in an area where it can fall and break. With a superior-quality iPad case by a trusted brand, you won’t need to worry about damaging the device. Read on to find the most suitable case for your kids’ iPad from our list of best-selling cases.
13 Best iPad Cases For Kids
1. Best With Built-In Screen Protector: JETech Kids Case For iPad
The JETech iPad case is made of shockproof EVA material to help keep your child’s iPad safe and secure. This heavy-duty case features a PET built-in screen protector that prevents scratches and accumulation of dust and dirt in and around the iPad. This premium, shock-proof iPad case is lightweight and sturdy to ensure a comfortable grip, and the bright blue finish adds a splash of color.
- Has precise cutouts for easy access to ports and buttons
- Offers shock protection
- Has anti-slip texture
- Sturdy stand enables hands-free viewing and comfortable typing
- Available in five color options
- Material may be rigid
- Screen protector may reduce the touch sensitivity
"Even though I have used this case for a short while, I can still voice my support for its sturdiness. It protects the device thoroughly, and the adjustable propping handle comes in handy for reading or typing on the go. Although bulkier than expected, the case has eased all my device protection concerns."
2. Best Case With Secure Grip: Fintie Case for Apple iPad
The case from Fintie is suitable for iPad 9.7, iPad Air 2, and iPad Air and is available in eight different color options. This case is made from heavy-duty EVA foam and has a handle that offers a secure grip.
- Convertible handle that can be turned into a stand
- Hazard-free and safe material
- Withstands considerable wear and tear
- Thick foam covers the body and extends a little in front, offering screen protection
- No built-in screen protector
"I am very impressed with how well this case has protected my son’s iPad from drops. The handle doubling as a carry grip and stand was a pleasant surprise. While it doesn't fully guard against liquid spills, the overall product has come in handy to keep the device away from everyday wear and tear."
3. Best Case With Foldable Handle: HDE Case For iPad Mini
It is a two-piece protective carrying case that fits Apple iPad 2024 Student Edition, 6th generation tablet models A1893 & A1954, and 5th Generation 2024 Apple iPad models A1822 & A1823. It is available in several bright and appealing fun color options. This review video showcasing a tester’s experience helps you know more about the product.
- Fully integrated screen protector
- Foldable handle that can be turned into a stand
- Supports upright viewing
- The case is only compatible with specific iPad models
"I've seen my fair share of rugged cases, but none have impressed me like this one. It snugly encases the device and has proven resilient even when used by my children. The fit may feel tight initially, but it ensures protection from drops and spills."
JETech Kids Case For iPad
Best With Built-In Screen Protector
Fintie Case for Apple iPad
Best Case With Secure Grip
HDE Case for mini iPad
Best Case With Foldable Handle
|10.71 x 10.63 x 0.91 inches.
|10.5 x 10.3 x 1 inches
|27.4 x 26.6 x 2.7 inches.
4. Best Rigid iPad Case: PPSHA iPad Cases
Designed for iPad 9.7” models, this case is made of superior quality material and is rigid to ensure great protection for the iPad. It is made of durable materials. The stand at the back of this soft-touch case helps mount the iPad on flat surfaces.
- Inner hardcore case
- Soft silicon finish outer case
- Available in multiple colors
- Does not have a built-in screen protector
"This iPad case is resilient, surviving daily tumbles and offering a snug fit. Although the built-in stand lacks multiple tilt options, it protects against everyday mishaps. Overall, I found it a decent choice."
5. Best Adjustable iPad Case: Feitenn iPad case for kids
The 3D butterfly case from Feitenn is a sturdy cover for iPad 5, iPad 6, and iPad Pro 9.7”. Its unique design makes it attractive. The wings at the back can be adjusted to be used as a kickstand.
- Non-toxic EVA foam material
- Sturdy yet lightweight
- Adorable design
- Extra shock absorption
- Not suitable for all models of the iPad
"I have received numerous compliments for the case’s standout design, which perfectly blends form and function. Installing it was a breeze, and while the lack of a carrying handle is a letdown, the built-in stand has been a plus. Overall, the case is both pleasant and durable."
6. Best iPad Case With Handle: Avawo Kids iPad Case
This sturdy case is compatible with the 5th (2024 release) and 6th generation (2024 release) iPads, and iPad Air. The tried-and-trusted case features double thick padding that offers extra protection. It has specific openings that give access to the music and charging ports.
- Easy to handle and carry everywhere
- Foldable built-in kickstand
- Built-in screen protector
- Made of non-toxic EVA foam material
- Not compatible with any other iPad models except the few Apple iPads
"This tablet case withstands wear and tear well. But the built-in stand could be better. It offers a snug fit, but the quality of the screen protector is yet to be tested. It's a practical choice for kids with a handle for easy carrying."
7. Best Impact-Resistant iPad Case: BMOUO Kids iPad Case
It is designed to offer maximum protection to the iPad. Constructed from impact-resistant material and shock-absorbing durable silicone, it protects from accidental drops and bumps. The material used is non-toxic and safe for handling by kids.
- The convertible stand that can be changed into a handle
- Available in various colors
- Affordable price
- Only fits for iPad Air 2, New iPad 9.7” (5th Generation and 6th Generation) model
"Sturdy and resilient, this iPad case has been quite an investment. It provided a snug fit, and the included screen protector is a bonus. The installation might be a bit of work, but features such as the handle and hands-free design have made it easy for my little one to use the iPad."
8. Best Non-Slip iPad Case: TopEsct iPad Case For Kids
The iPad case for kids from TopEsct is uniquely designed with superior-quality silicone soft gel. The case offers complete protection at the back and the sides. The precise cutouts at the sides give easy access to accessories and buttons.
- Anti-dust and anti-scratch iPad case
- Offers drop protection
- Tempered glass screen protector
- Does not fit all the models of iPad
"I was impressed by the case's silicone material and thick corners, which buffer against drops. The handles suit my little one, but the screen protector quality could be better. The integrated stand is a bonus!"
9. Best Eco-friendly iPad Case: Aceguarder iPad Case
It is exclusively designed for the Apple iPad 9.7 inch 2024 / 2024 release (model A1822, A1823). It comes in various bright and fun colors. The innovative snap-on design of the cover facilitates easy installation and removal of the cover.
- Environmentally-friendly material
- The adjustable kickstand that can be rotated to 3 different angles
- Sturdy and child-friendly
- Not compatible with any other models of iPad
"While vibrant and durable, this tablet case's stand might not be suitable for rough use. Also, the edges could probably be sturdier. Still, I am pleased with it since it balances solid protection with a touch of style."
10. Best Multifunctional: Pepkoo iPad Kids Case
This iPad case is kid-friendly and is made of high-quality flexible EVA foam. It is lightweight and can fit well in your little one’s tiny hands. The case comes in a vibrant blue mint shade and has a unique corner protection design for a top-notch shockproof build. The case can be set into any typing position based on the needs and wants of your little one. This lightweight iPad case comes with good-grip handles so that your child can carry it around easily. The materials used are non-toxic and odorless, making it a must-buy for your little munchkin.
- Comes with a warranty
- Rugged iPad case
- Does not have sharp edges
- May get a little challenging to take off
"While installation may require a careful hand to avoid stressing the screen, once assembled, it's proven to be sturdy and kid-proof. It's very user-friendly and has kept devices from getting damaged even when my little ones use them. Hence, they get my approval."
11. Best Heavy-Duty: Vofuoe iPad Butterfly Case
The Vofuoe iPad Butterfly Case comes with an in-built pencil holder for your Apple Pencil. Right from watching videos to working and typing, the case can be adjusted to give you the best angle. It’s got a double layer military-grade protection that can help protect different models of iPad, such as seventh, eighth, and ninth generations. It comes with premium soft silicone rubber and hybrid hard bumpers. The high-end case is also drop-proof and is equipped with extra raised lips and corners for additional protection from accidental drops. This iPad case is colorful, vibrant, and can be an apt gifting choice for women, kids, and girls.
- Hands-free design
- Hard rugged design
- Drop-resistant iPad case
- May add weight to the device
"I got this butterfly-themed iPad case for my little one, and it was a hit, thanks to the vibrancy and purple color. Although a slight modification was required to prevent the case from obstructing the volume controls, the charming design and overall functionality made up for that slight hassle."
12. Best Shock-Proof iPad Case: Kidspr Apple iPad Case
Uniquely designed Kidspr iPad case is suitable for iPad 2 (A1395, A1396, A1397), iPad 3 (A1416, A1430, A1403), and iPad 4 (A1458, A1459, A1460). Its high-performance polycarbonate shell and flexible TPU (Thermoplastic polyurethane) material withstand shock, bumps, and accidental drops. It is available in various combinations of bright color.
- 180° rotatable grip handle, which is also foldable
- Dust-proof and shock-proof
- Durable, hardshell iPad case
- Dual protective layer for the back
- Some people felt the screen cover does not stick properly to the screen, creating air bubbles.
"This case protects my kid’s iPad from dents and scratches even after being used for many months. Its protective capabilities are top-notch, and though a bit tricky to install, the durability makes up for the inconvenience. Plus, the built-in screen proctor is a nice touch."
13. Best Easy-To-Hold iPad Case: Speck iPad Case
iGuy from Speck is an excellent freestanding iPad case offering maximum protection to the device. It fits iPads generation 1,2,3, and 4. The flexible foam material offers strength and durability. Also, it is available in five different colors.
- Convenient viewing angle for short people
- East to hold
- Does not come with a handle
"My little one was instantly taken by the cute design of this case. Besides, its strong arms and durable build have kept the device safe and made it convenient for small hands to hold. Hence, despite the charger port access being a bit tricky, I would still recommend this case."
How To Choose The Right IPad Case For Kids?
You may find a number of options in the market when you look for an iPad case. Pick one after gauging the features mentioned below, to get value for money.
- Durability: Pick a durable case or cover that offers the required protection and has additional protective features, such as a waterproof case. It should be built with sturdy material that is resistant to wear and tear.
- Environment-friendly material: Ensure that the material used for constructing the case is non-toxic and safe to be used by kids. An EVA foam material is most recommended.
- Effectiveness: An iPad case must be easy to put on and remove off the tablet. Moreover, it must have precise openings for the different slots that an iPad has, to make them easily accessible.
- Screen protectors: The screen is perhaps the most vulnerable part of the iPad. So get a case that comes with a screen protector that is dust-proof, waterproof, and scratch-proof. Some cases do not offer in-built screen protectors. In that case, you should buy it separately.
- Stand: Go for cases that come with a stand. iPad stand cases help children play or view something on the iPad without holding it in their hands.
- Design: The case or cover should be sturdy but not bulky and be easy to use by a child. Designs such as flip iPad cases and book-style iPad cases with a flap or carrying strap offer additional protection, better control, and easy portability. In terms of style, you may opt for transparent iPad cases so your iPad design is on display or choose patterned cases and designer magnetic covers for a fun look.
An iPad is a handy device for kids to watch videos, read, and attend online classes. However, these powerful yet fragile devices should be protected using a tried-and-trusted iPad case to prevent the screen or body from breaking. When buying an iPad case, consider the material it is made of and settle for a durable and sturdy one. When your child uses the iPad, it is best to look for BPA- and toxin-free material, preferably an eco-friendly option. Our top three recommendations among these best-selling options are the Fintie Case for Apple iPad, which has strong resistance against wear and tear; the PPSHA iPad Case with a soft, shock-proof exterior; and the adorable butterfly-shaped Feitenn iPad Case For Kids, whose wings can turn into a kickstand.
Infographics: A Quick Guide For Buying An iPad Case
An iPad case protects your iPad from accidental drops, impacts, scratches, and abrasion. So invest in an iPad case that extends the life of the device. But choosing a case may be daunting when you have multiple available options. Thus, look at the tips mentioned below in the infographics for selecting the right product.