iPads are no more the expensive gadgets that only a few can own. The versatile features and many uses of these Apple tablets have made them an essential in many a home with kids. From watching movies to playing games and creating arts, kids can use an iPad for a variety of purposes. However, they still come with a slightly hefty price tag and should be protected from damages due to mishandling.
And for that, you will need a proper protective cover or case. In this MomJunction post, we give you a list of the best iPad cases for kids, along with the buying guide.
13 Best iPad Cases For Kids
1. TSQ iPad case with strap
This is a rugged and protective iPad cover compatible with the Apple iPad 9.7” (5th and 6th generation) and the iPad models A1822, A1823, A1893, A1954. Its shock-absorbing, anti-slip layers offer extra protection.
- 360° foldable rotating kickstand
- Detachable shoulder strap to carry the iPad as a sling
- Flexible and durable rubber-like silicone outer frame to prevent dust
- High Impact resistant polycarbonate and soft shockproof and impact-proof silicon material
- Available in nine colors
- No built-in screen protector
2. Fintie Case for Apple iPad
The case from Fintie is suitable for iPad 9.7, iPad Air 2, and iPad Air and comes in eight different colors. This case is made from heavy-duty EVA foam and has a handle that offers a secure grip.
- Convertible handle that can be turned into a stand
- Hazard-free and safe material
- Withstands considerable wear and tear
- Thick foam covers the body and extends a little in front, offering screen protection
- No built-in screen protector
3. HDE Case for mini iPad
It is a two-piece protective carrying case that fits Apple iPad 2018 Student Edition, 6th generation tablet models A1893 & A1954, and 5th Generation 2017 Apple iPad models A1822 & A1823. It is available in several bright and appealing colors.
- Fully integrated screen protector
- Foldable handle that can be turned into a stand
- The case is only compatible with specific iPad models
4. PPSHA iPad Cases
Designed for iPad 9.7” models, this case is made of durable material and is rigid to ensure great protection for the iPad. It is made of durable materials. The stand at the back of the case helps mount the iPad on flat surfaces.
- Inner hardcore case
- Soft silicon finish outer case
- Available in multiple colors
- Does not have a built-in screen protector
5. Feitenn iPad case for kids
The 3D butterfly case from Feitenn is a sturdy cover for iPad 5, iPad 6, and iPad Pro 9.7”. Its unique design makes it attractive. The wings at the back can be adjusted to be used as a kickstand.
- Non-toxic EVA foam material
- Sturdy, yet lightweight
- Extra shock absorption
- Not suitable for all models of the iPad
6. AVAWO Kids iPad Case
This sturdy case is compatible with the 5th (2017 release) and 6th generation (2018 release) iPads, and iPad Air. The case features double thick padding that offers extra protection. It has specific openings that give access to the music and charging ports.
- Easy to handle and carry everywhere
- Foldable built-in kickstand
- Built-in screen protector
- Made of non-toxic EVA foam material
- Not compatible with any other iPad models except the few Apple iPads
7. BMOUO Kids iPad Case
It is designed to offer maximum protection to the iPad. Constructed from impact-resistant material and shock-absorbing silicone, it protects from accidental drops and bumps. The material used is non-toxic and safe for handling by kids.
- The convertible stand that can be changed into a handle
- Available in various colors
- Only fits for iPad Air 2, New iPad 9.7” (5th Generation and 6th Generation) model
8. TopEsct iPad Case for Kids
The iPad case for kids from TopEsct is uniquely designed with high-quality silicone soft gel. The case offers complete protection at the back and the sides. The precise cutouts at the sides give easy access to the ports.
- Anti-dust and scratch resistant
- Drop resistant
- Tempered glass screen protector
- Does not fit all the models of iPad
9. ACEGUARDER iPad Case
It is exclusively designed for the Apple iPad 9.7 inch 2017 / 2018 release (model A1822, A1823). It comes in various bright and fun colors. The advanced snap-on design of the cover facilitates easy installation and removal of the cover.
- Environment-friendly material
- The adjustable kickstand that can be rotated to 3 different angles
- Sturdy and child-friendly
- Not compatible with any other models of iPad
10. Pepkoo iPad Case
This iPad case from Pepkoo offers advanced dual layer protection to withstand accidental drops, bumps, and impact. It offers easy operation for comfortable handling by children. It is suitable for iPad generations 2, 3, and 4.
- Built-in screen protector
- Made of non-toxic material
- Foldable kickstand.
- Kid-friendly design
- Does not suit the iPad Air
11. Ubearkk iPad Case For Kids
It is a specially designed kid-friendly iPad case designed for Apple iPad 2, iPad 3, and iPad 4. It is tough enough to give extra protection to the device. Moreover, it is available in six different colors.
- Convertible stand.
- Drop protection and impact resistance.
- Made from kid-safe EVA foam.
- Little hard to fix it over the iPad for the first time.
12. Kidspr Apple iPad Case
Uniquely designed Kidspr iPad case is suitable for iPad 2 (A1395, A1396, A1397), iPad 3 (A1416, A1430, A1403), and iPad 4 (A1458, A1459, A1460). Its hard polycarbonate shell and flexible TPU (Thermoplastic polyurethane) material withstand shock, bumps, and accidental drops. It is available in various combinations of bright color.
- 180° rotatable grip handle, which is also foldable
- Dustproof and shockproof
- Dual protective layer for the back
- Some people felt the screen cover does not stick properly to the screen, creating air bubbles.
13. Speck iPad Case
iGuy from Speck is an excellent freestanding iPad case offering maximum protection to the device. It fits iPads generation 1,2,3, and 4. The flexible foam material offers strength and durability. Also, it is available in five different colors.
- Convenient viewing angle for short people
- East to hold
- Does not come with a handle
Things To Consider While Buying An iPad Case For Kids
You may find a number of options in the market when you look for an iPad case. Pick one after gauging the features mentioned below, to get value for money.
- Durability: Pick a case or cover that offers the required protection, and is durable. It should be built with sturdy material that is resistant to wear and tear, does not break or get damaged accidentally.
- Environment-friendly material: Ensure that the material used for constructing the case is non-toxic and safe to be used by kids. An EVA foam material is most recommended.
- Effectiveness: An iPad case must be easy to put on and remove off the tablet. Moreover, it must have precise openings for the different slots that an iPad has, to make them easily accessible.
- Screen protectors: The screen is perhaps the most vulnerable part of the iPad. So get a case that comes with a screen protector that is dust-proof, waterproof, and scratch-proof. Some cases do not offer in-built screen protectors. In that case, you should buy it separately.
- Stand: Go for cases that come with a stand. This helps the children play or view something on the iPad without holding it in their hands.
- Design: The design must make the case or cover sturdy but not bulky. It should make it easy to use by a child.
The iPad is undoubtedly one of the best tools that can help your child learn a plethora of things. But it comes at a high price and should be handled carefully. Teach the child to use it responsibly and get them one of these cases or covers that offer protection to the gadget. Just make sure that you consider all the features before buying one, and you’ll get value for the money you spend.
What kind of an iPad cover did you choose and why? Tell us in the comments section below.
Disclaimer: MomJunction may earn a commission when products are purchased through affiliate links given in the article. However, this partnership does not influence the editorial content featuring in our list.