There’s a chill in the air, indicating that it is time for your young man to sport a jacket to keep himself comfortable outdoors. Jackets are about style as much as they are about warmth and comfort for the child.
Jackets for boys are available in a plethora of designs and colors. You can also pick a jacket depending on the fabric and its thickness. In this MomJunction post, we list 15 best jackets that you could consider buying for boys.
15 Best Jackets For Boys To Buy
- The jacket is made of 100% cotton.
- Each side of the jacket has a kangaroo pocket that lets the child place their hands to keep them warm.
- The inner lining of the jacket is quilted flannel.
- The high collar of the jacket protects from wind and keeps the child warm.
- The jacket is available in nine color options.
- The fully zippered jacket for boys is made entirely out of polyester.
- The cuffs and hem of the jacket are ribbed, which helps maintain a comfortable fit.
- The jacket is machine-washable.
- The Adidas logo and its iconic three stripes are embroidered on the jacket, thus making the jacket quite trendy.
- You can pick the jacket in eight color options, depending on the size.
- Alpha Industries manufacturer jackets for the US military too. Therefore, you will see a lot of faux military patches on the jacket, making it look fashionable.
- The inner lining of the jacket is a bright orange, as is the case with original military jackets.
- The external shell is made from nylon while the inner lining is made from polyester.
- The outer shell of the jacket is water-resistant.
- A polyester flap on top of the jacket provides warmth.
- The cuffs and waistband have an elastic fabric for convenience.
- The fabric is polar fleece, which is 100% polyester.
- The jacket is machine-washable.
- The collars are high and can be folded to offer a snug fit and wind protection.
- Pockets on the jacket are zippered to keep the items within secure.
- There is a sewn-in name tag on the inside of the jacket to write the child’s name on.
- The jacket is available in 38 color options, depending on the size.
- The jacket is made from 100% polyester.
- The inner lining is made of polar fleece, which is a soft and comfortable material.
- The side pockets are zippered to keep the contents inside secure.
- This boys’ jacket also has a front chest pocket with a flap.
- The jacket is machine-washable, which makes maintenance easy.
- You can pick the jacket in four color options.
6. Amazon Essentials Boys’ Full-Zip Active Jacket
- It is made from 90% polyester and 10% elastane. Polyester provides durability, while elastane provides stretchability.
- The jacket’s collar is high, and it has a hood for warmth and wind protection.
- There are double-sided seams on each of the side pocket.
- The lower hem and the cuffs of the jacket are elasticized for comfort.
- The jacket is available in five color options, depending on the size.
- You can wash the jacket in a machine.
7. LJYH Boy’ Faux Leather Motorcycle Jacket
- The jacket is made of faux leather and is designed to resemble a leather motorcycle jacket.
- It comes with stylish overlapping lapels, with the zipper located on one side.
- The inner lining is soft and comfortable.
- The jacket features a couple of zippered pockets.
- You can wash the jacket by hand, using a detergent.
8. LJYH Boys Leather Jacket
- It is made of faux leather (polyurethane leather) and can be hand-washed with regular detergent.
- The inner lining of the jacket is made of polyester and provides a comfortable fit.
- Zippers on the cuff make it convenient for the child to wear the jacket.
- The pockets are zipped to prevent its contents from falling out.
- Boys who want a unique jacket will love the retro styling of the jacket.
- The jacket has a simple design and is ideal for everyday use.
- It is made entirely out of polar fleece, which is made from 100% polyester. The polyester material could render some durability to the jacket.
- The zipper at the front provides full closure, all the way to the top. A high collar protects against wind.
- The cuffs of the jacket are elasticized to provide wind insulation.
- A pocket each on the sides provides a place for the boy to place their hands inside for warmth.
- This jacket for boys is machine-washable.
- The fabric is a blend of cotton and polyester. The material is 80% cotton and 20% polyester.
- The jacket is available in 16 color options, depending on the size.
- The two side pockets are lined with a seam in a contrast color for better styling.
- The front closes with studs that feature a contrast color too.
- The cuffs, collar, and the waistband contain knitted elastic material for a comfortable fit.
- It is made of nylon and polyester. The jacket works as a raincoat and also protects against the wind.
- The fabric is breathable and allows ventilation.
- The jacket is reversible, which means it can be worn inside out with a different color on the inside. It is like owning two jackets.
- The outer pocket is zippered to keep the contents safe. There is also a pocket on the inside to store items.
- The jacket is available in four color choices, depending on the size.
- The fabric of the jacket is 100% polyester.
- The jacket comes with a hood.
- A pocket on each side provides a place to rest hands and keep them warm.
- You can machine wash the jacket the usual way.
- The jacket is available in 12 color options, depending on the size.
- This boy’s jacket is made from 100% polyester material.
- The seams of the jacket are sealed to render it waterproof.
- The hood is removable and is compatible with a skiing helmet.
- Despite the waterproofing, the jacket’s fabric is breathable and provides adequate ventilation.
- The jacket has an inner, zippered pocket and a mesh pocket to place goggles.
- The jacket is available in 11 color options, depending on the choice of size.
- The jacket is made from denim, which is 99% cotton and 1% elastane to provide elasticity.
- The jacket has button closure, a classic denim jacket feature.
- It has two buttoned pockets on top and one each on the sides for storing things.
- Contrast stitching with a brightly-colored thread adds to the style quotient of the jacket.
- The jacket is available in 19 color options, depending on the size.
- The jacket is made from nylon, which is durable and also resistant to water.
- The fabric permeates the air, thus allowing ventilation.
- The hem and cuffs of the jacket contain elastic fabric for a comfortable fit.
- The pockets are zippered to prevent water from entering.
- The inner layer of this boys’ rain jacket is soft and comfortable.
How To Choose A Jacket For Boys?
Consider the following points while shopping for boys’ jackets:
- External material: The outer shell of a jacket can be made from a variety of materials, including polyester, cotton, and wool. Polyester is generally the most common since it is durable and may provide resistance against water or moisture. Wool is ideal for cold and frigid conditions. Cotton could be suitable for spring and autumn when it may be a bit chilly, but not so much to wear a warm jacket.
- Internal insulation: The inner lining is usually made from a soft material like cotton. The fabric can also be a mix of polyester and cotton or wool.
- Utility: Jackets can come with extra features like a hood, extra front pockets, and faux fur lining around the collar for warmth. Look for a practical jacket with all the necessary features to get value for money.
Jackets keep the child warm when it is cold and keep them dry when it is raining. A standard jacket can be versatile and make a great part of a boy’s everyday attire. Cleaning and maintenance as per the manufacturer’s instructions are all that is needed to make the jacket last long.
Which jacket does your young man prefer? Do let us know in the comment section below.
Disclaimer: MomJunction may earn a commission when products are purchased through affiliate links given in the article. However, this partnership does not influence the editorial content featuring on our list.