Juggling is a challenging yet fun activity. So, here’s our list of the best juggling balls to help you improve your juggling skills. The appropriate type of ball for juggling needs to be of the right size and weight that fits the hands well and non-slippery for proper playing. Start with two to three, and once you get better, you can try with more balls. Juggling is not limited to fun play; some also do it as performance arts or professional sports. If you’re serious about juggling, you should consider having good-quality stage balls for optimal precision and control.
Children can also try their hands at juggling with these soft balls while developing their concentration, hand-eye coordination, fine motor skills, and more. With various colors, sizes, and materials available, choosing the right juggling balls can be challenging. So, scroll down to learn more about the various best-selling juggling balls.
11 Best Juggling Balls
1. Best Multi-Colored: Duncan Juggling Balls
These multicolored juggling balls by Duncan are available in a pack of three and are made from brightly colored vinyl shells. It is filled with plastic beans to give the balls their required weight to eliminate bouncing. The great thing about these juggling balls is that they are suitable for both beginners and professionals. The durable four-panel construction and superior stitching ensure long-lasting and tension-free practice. The multi-colored soft bean balls also have a diameter of 2.25-inches, making them easy to fit in almost any hand. This time-tested set of three juggling balls is available in multiple vibrant color combinations.
2. Best Pellet-Filled: ArtCreativity Juggling Balls Set Of 3
For a versatile set of juggling balls suitable for beginners, professionals, children, and adults alike, ArtCreativity has you covered. This parent-recommended set of balls features three multicolored balls in shades of blue, red, yellow, and green. They are soft and lightweight, making them easy to handle with the right amount of control. These balls are appropriately sized at two inches and are designed to prevent bouncing during practice. Moreover, these soft juggling balls boast a high-quality vinyl-based outer cover and are filled with pellets for optimal weight distribution, making them suitable for experienced jugglers.
3. Best Lightweight:Schylling Classic Juggling Balls
The classic, tried-and-tested juggling balls by Schylling are vibrant and multi-colored, making them an excellent addition to a juggler’s toolkit. Measuring 3 x 3 x 7.5 inches, these vinyl-covered balls come in a pack of three and have a durable bean filling to make juggling easy. These bean balls are super lightweight at just four ounces, making them appropriate for beginner as well as professional jugglers. Besides, the set of vinyl juggling balls includes an instruction sheet with multiple tricks to help you start your juggling journey.
4. Best Easy-To-Store:Flames ‘N Games 3X Pro Thud Juggling Balls
The Flames ‘N Games brings you this set of three high-quality juggling balls for both beginners and advanced jugglers to practice their skills. The balls are made of artificial, textured suede material for a soft yet firm grip and have bird millet filling, making them an eco-friendly and sustainable option. Suitable for experienced jugglers, the juggling balls with a textured surface are perfectly weighted and measure 2.25 inches in diameter to ensure accurate and consistent throws. They are easy to carry and store in the complimentary travel bag included with the pack. Lay your hands on these weighted juggling balls to relieve stress and improve your coordination and cognitive skills.
5. Best Portable: Bedwina Juggling Balls Set Of 6
Easy to carry and travel-friendly, Bedwina brings you a set of six juggling balls that come with a convenient PVC drawstring bag. These juggling balls with a carrying bag feature a 2.25-inch diameter, a beanbag structure, eye-catching colors, and plastic bean filling. In addition, the soft balls have a high-quality vinyl outer covering, making them soft, durable, easy to use, and convenient to clean. Furthermore, the set of soft balls for juggling is suitable for children and adults and can improve hand-eye coordination while facilitating diverse skills.
6. Best Lightweight:Blue Panda Crochet Juggling Balls Set
The Blue Panda knitted juggling balls are made of thick and soft cotton, and each ball features a unique crocheted design in multi colors. These skill-building juggling balls are great for improving hand-eye coordination and motor skills and can be used as party favors, stocking stuffers, gifts, school prizes, or stress-release balls. The cotton material of these juggling balls is soft and lightweight yet thick enough for easy grasping and withstanding the test of time.
7. Best For Beginners: Higgins Brother Professional Style Juggling Balls
Made from the highest quality polyurethane coated fabric, these juggling balls are soft to hold and easy to catch. Housed inside are numerous beans, providing the necessary weight required for effective juggling. The seams have been carefully stitched to ensure they are seamless and durable. The tried-and-tested balls are designed for juggling in both indoor and outdoor conditions. The low bounce of these balls makes them suitable for beginners. These bounce balls weigh 130 grams each and have a diameter of 2.5-inches that ensures a consistent feel while juggling. These beginner juggling balls are squishy and provide a good grip as well. These juggling balls by Higgins Brother come in numerous colors that are vibrant and flashy.
8. Best Acrylic: DSJuggling Clear Contact Juggling Ball
This clear acrylic contact ball is the most unique ball on our list of the best juggling balls. It is sold as a single piece and weighs 650 grams. The 4-inch ball is meant for tricks and illusions by jugglers. The handmade UV-reactive juggling ball is constructed from optical-grade acrylic material to ace the test of durability. This ball by DSJUGGLING is ideal for the stage, given its visual effect and appearance. It can help transform a juggler temporarily into a magician and wrap the audience in awe and wonder. The acrylic juggling ball is available in numerous sizes and multiple UV colors.
9. Best Attractive: B Bangcool Fun Juggling Balls
These PU-made juggling balls by B Bangcool are sold in a set of 15. They are brightly colored and have different facial expressions on them. These uniquely designed balls are fun toys for children learning to juggle. The visual attractiveness of these balls makes them wonderful props for parties and circus-themed juggling shows. The juggling balls for kids have a no-bounce design and are suitable for use by beginners and advanced jugglers. These parent-recommended set of balls are weighted and big enough to fit comfortably in almost all hands. They also have a 2-inch diameter which makes them ideal for landing safely in the palms.
10. Best Squishy: ArtCreativity Juggling Balls
These box-shaped juggling balls are crafted from vinyl shells and stuffed with plastic pellets. This makes them soft and keeps them safe from ripping apart. The seams are stitched well to ensure durability. The balls are multicolored and provide good visual appeal while performing at house parties. As per reviewers, these moderately sized balls offer a good grip for practicing various juggling patterns. Further, the squishy nature of the ball makes it a versatile play toy for children both indoors and outdoors.
11. Best For Children: Auear Durable Juggling Balls
These brightly colored balls for juggling are suitable for beginners and children. They are fun to perform with, and the flashy colors do well to entertain an audience and even children. This three-piece set is available in eye-catching shades of blue, red, and green. The balls have a vinyl exterior and are filled with pellets to provide the necessary weight for effective juggling. The vinyl exterior is stitched together well to ensure longevity. The soft balls are sized at 2-inches and weigh 1.9 ounces.
How To Choose The Right Juggling Ball?
- Skill level: When purchasing a juggling ball, it is crucial to know the level of skill of the juggler. This is because not all juggling balls are meant for beginners and professionals alike. While most experienced jugglers prefer superior quality stage juggling balls and visual effects for on-stage performance, beginners must prioritize comfort. Beginners should use juggling balls that are small and soft to hold.
- Juggling type: When it comes to juggling, there is more than just one type. Two of the most popular forms are bounce and contact juggling. You must choose your juggling ball according to the kind of juggling pattern you will be practicing. Silicone juggling balls are the recommended option for bounce juggling balls, while acrylic balls are best suited for contact juggling.
- Ball size: This is one of the most overlooked considerations when purchasing a juggling ball. Juggling balls usually range from a diameter of 2.5-4-inches. The one you should choose depends upon the size of your hand and the juggling pattern you want to practice. As a rule of thumb, children should opt for smaller-sized balls. The best way to choose the right-sized juggling soft balls is to refer to the ball sizing chart.
- Ball weight: Standard juggling balls usually range from a weight of 90-140 grams. The weight of the ball affects how the ball feels in the hands of a juggler. Most advanced users tend to prefer heavier juggling balls since they are used to the sensation of the ball landing on the palm. However, in the case of beginners or children, lightweight balls are ideal.
- Colors: Juggling balls come in numerous color combinations. Having brightly colored balls make it easy for jugglers to track the balls as they are hurled into the air. They also add to the visual effect of a juggling act on stage. Furthermore, they are eye-catching for children and encourage them to practice juggling. Some advanced jugglers may prefer sober colors as they are more comfortable with the act of juggling. While most jugglers select flashy-colored balls, it boils down to personal preference.
Why Trust MomJunction?
Priti Bose, a skilled researcher, product writer, and reviewer, has a knack for reviewing children’s toys and gifts. She has curated this list of the best juggling balls after carrying out extensive research and keeping your requirements in mind. The tried-and-tested products on the list are of different colors, weight options, and materials and are easy to hold. Furthermore, Priti has provided a detailed description of each product and included a buying guide to help you pick the right juggling ball.
Whether you’re a professional juggler or do it as a hobby, you need the best juggling balls to improve your craft. These stage balls are made from durable construction and superior stitching, which enable hassle-free practice of various juggling patterns. Before choosing the ideal juggling balls, ensure you gauge your skill level accurately, choose balls accordingly, and pick ones in the diameter of 2.5-4-inches for easy handling. Besides, make sure you select the size and the weight of the balls, depending on your needs and expertise.
Infographic: Points For Beginners To Consider When Juggling Balls
Indulging in ball juggling contributes to physical well-being to a certain extent and helps boost the gray matter and the brain’s functions, but it requires a lot of practice and patience to develop this “handy” skill. So, check out the following infographic to learn about a few tips and tricks for learning to juggle balls.