Whether you get your favorite cappuccino at a cafe or prefer to make it yourself, your need for it is justified. If you have coffee regularly, it would be wise to invest in a coffee brewer or a Nespresso machine. The best Keurig coffee pods make it possible to have aromatic and delicious coffee at home in seconds with a coffee brewer machine.
Popularly known as K-cup coffee pods, they are available in bulk packets and come in a wide variety of flavors to let you try different flavors every day. Moreover, they are available in attractive packaging, making them perfect gift items on any occasion.
Keep scrolling as we have compiled a long list of some of the best K-cup coffee pods for you to choose from. We also tell you a few tips on choosing the right K-cup coffee pods.
13 Best Keurig K-Cup Coffee Pods
1. Best Gluten-Free: Victor Allen’s Italian Roast 100% Arabica Coffee
You can now enjoy the coffee house experience from the comfort of your own home with Victor Allen’s Italian dark roast coffee. This coffee pod is compatible with the Keurig 2.0 brewer and contains 80 single-serve K-Cup coffee pods for an energizing cup of coffee. The dark and strong flavor of the coffee combined with the aroma of roasted coffee beans will invigorate your mind, body, and soul as you get ready to start your day. This Keurig K-Cup coffee made from high-quality, roasted perfection of 100% Arabica beans is available in various delectable flavors from light, medium, to dark roasts.
- Precision roasted coffee
- 100% gluten-free
- 100% Arabica beans
- Rich flavor
- Includes 80 single-serve K-Cup coffee pods
- Improper sealing may leak grounds during the brewing process.
"The rich chocolate flavor with the sweetness of marshmallows made me thoroughly enjoy it. Its consistency and taste are very impressive and refreshing. This coffee has been a nice addition to my coffee collection."
2. Best Sampler: Keurig Coffee Lover’s Collection Variety Pack
A perfect addition to a coffee lover’s collection, this coffee variety pack combines two K-Cup pods of all the best and most popular varieties, like Green Mountain Coffee Breakfast Blend, Newman’s Own Organic Special Blend, and The Original Donut Shop Regular. This pack is ideal for sampling a wide variety of flavors. The exotic coffee pods are rich in flavor and easy to use. This variety pack by Keurig serves 40 cups of aromatic coffee that is guaranteed to titillate your taste buds. Coffee aficionados will want to try out this variety pack of K-cup pods. This video will give you a better insight into this pack of organic coffee pods for Keurig.
- Includes 20 popular varieties
- Popular K-Cup brands
- Made with 100% Arabica coffee
- Compatible with all Keurig K-Cup machines
- Some flavors may not be as strong as the others
"I love the thought this coffee pack offers with different coffee flavors. I can enjoy each morning with a fresh flavor. And the convenience these pods offered made my coffee routine quick and mess-free."
3. Best Eco-Friendly: The Original Donut Shop Coffee Single-Serve Keurig K-Cup Pods
Perfect for regular coffee drinkers, these K-Cup coffee pods get the taste and flavor just right–they are neither too bitter nor too strong. The pods are easy to insert into most Keurig coffee machines. One of the main highlights of these coffee pods is that they are recyclable, making it an eco-friendly alternative. The company uses a medium roast blend ground from the finest grade of coffee beans. This pack of six K-Cup pods for Keurig machines makes 12 delicious servings of coffee. Watch this video for more information about these Keurig coffee capsules.
- Palatable taste
- Extra bold coffee
- No artificial ingredients
- Recyclable K-Cup pods
- Coffee might need to be properly strained
Victor Allen’s Italian Roast 100% Arabica Coffee
Keurig Coffee Lover’s Collection Variety Pack
The Original Donut Shop Coffee Single-Serve Keurig K-Cup Pods
|Dimensions||12 x 10 x 5.81 inches||8 x 5.69 x 8.97 inches||12.1 x 8.1 x 6.2 inches|
|Weight||2.66 Pounds||14.4 Ounces||1.73 Pounds|
|Buy Now||Buy Now||Buy Now|
4. Best Balanced: Folgers 100% Colombian Medium Roast Coffee
Experience the taste of Colombia without visiting the place with the Folgers coffee pods. The pack includes 12 recyclable coffee pods with medium roast beans. The beans are roasted without burning or losing the delicious flavor, grounded, and loaded into the pods. Each coffee pod delivers the right blend of consistency and taste and serves one cup.
- Has fresh aroma
- Compatible with Keurig
- Convenient to use
- Rich, balanced flavor
- Pods may explode in some machines
- May not be as strong as expected
"I love dark, strong, and smooth coffees, so I switched to this coffee pod and was amazed by the rich flavor. Its delicious taste made my mornings energetic and lively. Also, it brews very quickly."
5. Best Multi-Flavored Pack:Kauai Coffee Single-Serve Pods
Try the Kauai coffee pods to experience a different range of flavors daily. The pack includes island sunrise, na pali coast, vanilla macadamia nut, and coconut caramel crunch. These coffee pods are made from premium Arabica beans. The island sunrise is mild roasted, while na pali is dark roasted. Each box has 12 flavored K-cup coffee pods, and each pod serves one cup. In addition, unlike other pods, the Kauai pods are designed with 35% less plastic.
- Compatible with k-cup brewers
- All the flavors are mild
- Has fresh aroma
- Premium K-cup coffee pods
- Well-blended consistency
- Pods may not be recyclable
- Vanilla-flavored coffee may have a slightly synthetic vanilla taste
"My mornings are exciting with this coffee pack as it offers four different flavors in a single pack. I was surprised by each flavor; the fresh aroma and lovely taste are recommendable. And I liked their pods are recyclable, but they don’t decompose immediately."
6. Best With Bold Flavor:Starbucks Sumatra K-Cup Coffee Pod
Infused with rustic spices and rich herbs, these Starbucks k-cup coffee pods offer a new flavor experience for coffee enthusiasts. The refreshing coffee pods are made with dark-roasted, ground Arabica coffee beans sourced from a single-origin — Sumatra. The intense flavor of the coffee is smooth and devoid of any acidic or burnt taste. The pack contains 60 pods and is compatible with Keurig coffee makers.
- Recyclable k-cup pods
- Convenient to use
- Long-lasting aroma
- Consistent taste
- Pods may be more delicate than expected
7. Best Crisp Flavor: AmazonFresh K-Cups Just Bright Light Roast
Unravel the rich aroma of the K-cups by AmazonFresh. Made of 100% Arabica whole bean coffee, the light roast k-cups have a crisp and clean flavor. The beans are expertly roasted with nutty caramel to let you taste an aromatic, refreshing, and nutty flavor each morning. Popular among coffee lovers for its consistent quality, this pack includes 80 single-serve K-cups compatible with Keurig.
- Doesn’t have a bitter taste
- Gentle roast
- Available in various flavors and roast types
- Coffee ground comes in a sealed plastic pod
- Flavor may not be strong for some
8. Best Rich Flavor: Good Times Coffee Co. Black Rhino Espresso Roast Coffee
With these coffee pods, you can enjoy your coffee without worrying about the cleanup of coffee grounds. The Black Rhino Espresso roast coffee by Good Times Coffee Co. is compatible with all Keurig brewers and provides a rich flavor without the bitter aftertaste. A perfect compostable option, these coffee pods for Keurig brewers are eco-friendly and recyclable, allowing you to brew coffee with low environmental impact. Each coffee pod contains roasted and grounded arabica coffee beans that offer an exotic taste and signature smoky aroma to keep you energized.
- Available in multiple sizes
- Has a smooth taste
- Long-lasting aroma
- Easy to use
- Might not be easy to use the pods
"I have tried various coffee flavors, but I was amazed with the rich flavor and strong taste of this one. It made my mornings super active. I recommend this one for its refreshing taste."
9. Best Recyclable: Eight O’Clock Coffee The Original K-Cup Coffee Pods
Start your day energetically with the medium roast arabica coffee by Eight O’Clock Coffee. These medium roast K-cup coffee pods feature a paper filter that ensures a smooth and texture-free drink by preventing powdery residue from entering the cup. In addition, these coffee pods are compatible with all models of Keurig, making the coffee-brewing process easier for the user. Moreover, each of these packs contains 72 recyclable single-serve pods.
- Provides a fresh coffee aroma
- Offers a smooth taste
- Available in multiple flavors and sizes
- Easy to use
- Some might find it a little strong
"I enjoy the delightful taste these coffee pods offer me every morning. The pods suit my coffee maker as well. Its hazelnut blend with bold flavor is now my regular go-to."
10. Best Handcrafted: Copper Moon Single Serve Coffee Pods
Brew a smooth, pleasant, full-bodied cup of coffee with the handcrafted coffee pods by Copper Moon. These pods contain the finest roasted Arabica coffee beans to deliver a delicious flavor, making this Dark Sky blend suitable for all coffee lovers. Moreover, the pack contains 72 pods compatible with most Keurig coffee makers, offering plenty of caffeine to get through the day.
- Gluten- and allergen-free
- Has an earthy aroma
- Available in multiple flavors
- Pod seal might be faulty
- Some might find the taste weaker than expected
"These coffee pods made my morning energetic with the aromatic dark roast and strong flavor. Its rich taste with each sip made my day bright. I like the way they work for full pots of coffee."
11.Best Compatible:Maxwell House Light Roast K-Cup Coffee Pods
The Maxwell K-Cup coffee pods provide a well-balanced taste with every sip, making it an ideal way to start your day by accompanying it with your breakfast. This pack includes 84 single-use pods made with 100% light-roasted Arabica beans, offering a mild and smooth taste. In addition, these light roast coffee pods for Keurig are compatible with Keurig 1.0 and 2.0 brewing machines.
- Long-lasting flavor
- Recyclable pods
- Easy to use and dispose
- Flavor may not be consistent
- Some may find it a bit bitter
"I found the quality and the blend of this coffee very satisfying. It has now become a part of my coffee collection. The aroma is pleasant and energezing. I like to have a cup of this in the morning."
12.Best Light Roasted:Cinnabon Single Serving Classic Cinnamon Roll
Much of its popularity arises from its light and consistent flavor that lingers on the palate. The cinnamon aroma from this exotic coffee heightens the overall experience. Taking a sip of this tasty coffee results in a burst of flavors that are not overpowering or too strong. Those who prefer a lightly roasted brew will find themselves going back to this coffee over and over again. Each pod is for a single serving. There are a total of 48 pods packed into this box.
- 100% Arabica coffee beans
- Light roast brew
- Decadent flavor
- Large pack
- It may not be the best morning coffee.
"I am pleased with the way these coffee pods offer the essence of freshly baked cinnamon rolls with a mild roast. It tastes delicious without being excessively sweet. The taste and quality made me repurchase this product."
13.Best For Cold Beverages:Peet’s Coffee Dark Roast Major Dickanson’s Blend K-Cup Pods
Made from the world’s best coffee beans, Peet’s coffee has a perfect blend of unique roasted rich flavor. Thanks to its rich texture, it can be enjoyed with or without cream. It can also be used to make numerous hot and cold beverages. The K-Cups are easy to use and can be effortlessly inserted in most Keurig brewers. This pack of coffee includes 32 individual dark roast coffee pods.
- 100% Arabica coffee
- Complex blend
- Recyclable K-Cup capsules
- Hand roasted
- Some pods may leak grounds
"This signature blend offered me the right dark roast flavor, which I was looking for. Its refreshing aroma makes my morning fresh and active. Moreover, I was delighted to know that the pods are recyclable, which is such a thoughtful feature."
How To Choose The Right Keurig Coffee Pods?
Take these factors into consideration when choosing Keurig K-Cup coffee pods.
- Type of roast: This is one of the most important considerations when purchasing coffee pods. Generally speaking, one has the option of choosing from among three types of roast–light, medium, and dark roasts. Light roasts are quite weak but are smoother and have a sweet aftertaste. Medium roasts are not too bitter and fall between light and dark roasts. Dark roasts are full-bodied and rich but usually have a slightly bitter after taste. The type of roast you choose depends upon your tastes and preferences.
- Flavors: Like the type of roast, the flavor of coffee is a personal choice. You can choose from a wide range of flavors. If you want to play it safe, you can opt for common flavors like French Roast and cinnamon rolls. If you have a thirst for adventure and wish to experiment with different flavors of coffee, you could try chai latte pods, mocha K-Cup pods, and even Decaf K-Cup pods.
- Quantity: Almost all K-Cup coffee pods are for a single serving. If you’re a coffee-lover, you will find yourself needing numerous pods a week. This is why it is key to buy them in large quantities rather than in single or small packs. Another advantage to purchasing them is that you tend to save money. This is because it will usually cost less to purchase them in bulk than small packages.
- Packaging: While this may not directly affect the taste and flavor of the coffee, it is a consideration that must be kept in mind. In an attempt to mass-produce, manufacturers, at times, tend to overlook the quality of packaging. This may lead to duds or even cups that explode. While it is not always easy to steer away from this, one can avoid it by purchasing pods from reputed manufacturers.
Why Trust MomJunction?
Wedetso Chirhah loves to guide his readers through his informative posts about kitchen products. Here, he has listed the best Keurig coffee pods that can help you make delicious and aromatic coffee at home. For each recommended product, Wedetso discusses the quality, packaging, flavor, ingredients, type of roast, and much more. Reading through the article will give you complete information about Keurig coffee pods and help you decide which product suits your taste the best.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. How many times can I use a coffee pod in a Keurig?
Keurig coffee pods are meant for only single use. If you want to use the pods more than once, make sure that the strength or taste of the coffee is not as intense.
2. How long do Keurigs pods last?
If the Keurig pods are sealed and stored properly, they may last anywhere from six to eight months despite the packing date. However, the coffee may lose its taste and strength over time.
3. Can I use any pod in a Keurig?
No, Keurig machines are compatible with K-cups. Although, there are few other coffee brands that make coffee pods compatible with Keurig machines. Check the product description to make sure the pods that you buy are compatible with the Keurig machine.
4. Are all Keurig pods the same?
Yes, all Keurig pods are manufactured to be the same cup size called K-cups.
5. Should coffee pods be empty after use?
Coffee pods don’t essentially need to be emptied after use. You can simply compost or recycle them along with the coffee grinds.
6. Can coffee pods be frozen?
Though some prefer storing coffee pods in the freezer, Keurig recommends against it as the coffee pods can absorb the aroma of the food from the fridge, which will affect the flavor of the coffee. It is recommended to store the coffee pods away from sunlight in a cool and dry place.
7. Can I just add hot water to the coffee pods?
No, coffee pods are meant to be used with coffee machines. However, you can make a cup of coffee using coffee grounds and hot water as you make regular coffee. But it may not taste the same.
Keurig K-cup coffee pods are a popular choice when you expect each brew to be aromatic, refreshing, and intense in flavor. And when it comes to flavors, you’ll find plenty to experiment with and find that one flavor you truly love. And since coffee pods serve a single person, buying them in packs helps so that you don’t frequently run out of coffee pods, especially when you have several cups of coffee in a day. These pods come in three different types of roasts—light, medium, and dark roast—so pick one based on how intense you want the flavor and aroma to be. Once you find the right flavor and roast, you will look forward to refreshing and exciting mornings.
Infographic: How To Repurpose K-Cup Coffee Pods To Reduce Waste?
K-Cup coffee pods provide mess-free convenience and a range of fresh flavors in each serving. Instead of discarding used pods, repurposing them for household tasks and artistic projects can help reduce waste to a certain extent. Discover sustainable uses for empty K-Cup pods by exploring the infographic below.
- Moderate daily caffeine intake during pregnancy may lead to smaller birth size