“Early to bed and early to rise” leads to a healthier sleeping pattern. As an adult, you might be used to waking up early in the morning using an alarm clock and want to instill the same habit in your children. This is when you can go for the best kids’ alarm clocks loaded with features such as sleep training, color-changing lights, and sleep-enhancing capabilities. These alarm clocks can help your children sleep better and teach them time management skills from an early age. Go through our list of expert-recommended and tried-and-tested alarm clocks and choose one.
17 Best Kids Alarm Clocks
If you want your children to go to bed at a decent hour and sleep throughout the night, you should bring home Mella. Mella is the cutest children’s sleep trainer who keeps your child in bed longer. Its adorable patented design and innovative functionality made it an immediate hit with parents, and also a crowdfunding success. Mella’s cute face turns red to inform your child that it’s time to sleep, turns yellow 30 minutes before it’s time to wake up, and glows a minty green when it’s time to wake up. It also features six night light colors to keep your child calm and well-rested throughout the night. It is powered by a USB adapter and comes with a CR2032 battery for memory backup. With so many amazing features, it’s no wonder that this clock has thousands of excellent reviews on Amazon. Here’s a video detailing a reviewer’s experience with using the alarm clock.
- Three brightness options
- Option to customize and set duration
- Three exciting alarm tones
- Five volume levels
- Child-lock functionality
- Made of child-safe ABS and silicone
- Countdown timer is audible and silent
- Night light is optional
- Manual adjustment may be troublesome
- White noise function may be loud
2. Best Multifunctional: Learn & Climb Kids Ok To Wake Up Clock
Improve your child’s sleeping habits with the two-in-one alarm clock and nightlight designed to aid the sleep training process so you won’t have to worry about waking up early or in the middle of the night. This tried-and-tested sleep training alarm clock has many useful features, such as color-changing lights, a snooze button, an interactive LED display, a nap time countdown, and a speaker with two sound levels, making it a multifunctional option. It is an easy-to-operate and effective training tool for toddlers and parents that helps children build a routine.
- Soothing night light
- Comes with a pre-installed battery power backup
- Includes a DC port and an adapter
- Has two sound levels
- Easy to use
- Adjustable brightness
- May be too bright
- Lights may not work in battery mode
The alarm clock is a suitable pick for children and an excellent addition to the parents’ room. Its sleek design adds a classy touch to any bedroom, and it features a large display with both 12-hour and 24-hour time formats. For those of you who like colorful things and wish to switch it up, you can press the light button to switch between seven colors that include Cobalt Blue, Oyster White, Shocking Pink, and Emerald Green, among others. You can turn off the night light button altogether. This clock also comes with a brightness dimmer to adjust from 0% to 100% with a slider.
- Dual USB chargers
- AC power-operated
- Battery backup setting
- Seven-inch LED display
- Adjustable volume setting
- Nine-minute snooze button
- May be difficult to read the time
- Some may find the sound faint
4. Best Adorable: LexiBook Unicorn Digital Alarm Clock
If your child finds unicorns fascinating, they will love the adorable unicorn alarm clock with cute detailing. Featuring a soothing night light, a snooze button, and six unicorn sound effects, this tried-and-tested radio alarm clock is a suitable nighttime companion for your child. Its LED display with backlight offers clear visibility, and the fun sound effects help make waking up in the morning a fun process that children will look forward to. With its easy-to-use interface and intuitive design, the alarm clock can improve your child’s sleep routine and teach them how to tell the time.
- Battery operated
- Features a battery indicator
- Press-on snooze button
- Adjustable volume
- Easy to operate
- Light may be too bright for some
- Batteries may not last long
5. Best For Video Game Lovers: Paladone Playstation Controller Alarm Clock
The Paladone alarm clock could be a fun and stylish addition to your child’s room. The design is inspired by the PlayStation 4 DualShock controller and has a bright LED display, making it suitable for a gamer’s bedroom. In fact, its attractive and fun design makes it suitable for gaming enthusiasts of all ages.
- Officially licensed merchandise
- Finely crafted replica
- USB powered
- Adjustable settings
- Suitable for gifting
- May not have a snooze button
- Sound may be a bit dull
Are you known for channeling all your anger towards your alarm clock’s snooze button every morning? If yes, this alarm clock will be the best alarm clock for you. If you ever try to whack it, it will literally run away from you. After waking you up with its loud tone, Clockie will hide, jump, wheel, and roll away if you try to shut it up. It is also the perfect alarm clock for older kids who can’t seem to wake up on time and are always late for their school bus, football practice, or piano classes.
- One-time snooze
- Jumps up to three feet
- Features sounds like Star Trek character R2-D2
- Lights up in the dark
- Battery operated
- May not move well on carpeted floors
- Does not have volume controls
All parents of young children will immediately tell you how they long for an extra hour of sleep in the morning. If you are looking for a gift for parents with young kids, this clock will do the trick and be a sweet addition to their child’s bedroom. This time-tested sleep training alarm clock features multi-colored lights that can be used as a mood light or a screen backlight.
- Seven colors of night light
- Eight ringing tones including nursery rhymes
- LED display screen
- Time, date, day, and temperature displays on the screen
- May not be easy to turn off
- May not stay lit throughout the night
A good night’s sleep can work wonders for your child’s brain development. That is why an alarm clock such as this one can be a great helping hand when it comes to putting your child to bed. This alarm clock for kids is a useful sound machine as you can choose sleep-inducing sounds, lullabies, and white noise from a comprehensive sound library. The night light is color-changeable to match your child’s favorite color, and this clock is also a two-way monitor. If you want a clock with fancy features, this one fits the bill. You can use the clock to talk to your child from your room through your cell phone with clear transmission.
- Timers for nap time, bedtime, and waking up
- Audio communications stay limited to your home
- LED display
- Adjustable brightness with Off function
- Automatic updates
- Wi-Fi enabled and communicates through it
- Controls may lag at times
- Clock may be too bright even at dimmest the setting
Every child should have a robotic friend, and this robot isn’t just cute, it’s functional and practical as well. With an analog clock for its body, this friendly robot operates silently without the tick-tocking noise. It is equipped with two knobs on the back, which helps you to set the time and an alarm time.
- Powered by two AAA carbon zinc batteries
- Made of high-quality metal
- Flashing eye lights
- Hand clips to hold paper notes
- Some may find the volume low
- Arms may be loose
Designed like a miniature TV, this night light alarm clock is perhaps the best kids alarm clock for both home and travel. It works smoothly for 30 straight hours on the maximum level of brightness, and up to 500 hours on the lowest light level. To make the display come alive for eight seconds; all you have to do is clap your hands as this clock is also voice-activated. The coral shade adds an elegant charm to the clock making it an ideal piece for any room or the perfect gift for both children and adults.
- Dimmable night light with sleep timer
- Brightness can be adjusted from 10% to 100%
- Built-in 2000 mAh rechargeable battery
- Snooze button
- Alarm tone is loud enough
- Equipped with an indoor thermometer that measures temperatures between 23°F to 115°F.
- May be smaller than expected
Managing your daily schedule and your child’s can be tiresome, especially when you are not well-rested. A sleep training alarm clock for your child can help you fix this problem in a jiffy. This digital alarm clock for kids features long bunny ears that light up to protect your children from the darkness and help them sleep better. This cute alarm clock also features a countdown timer, a night light timer, and is magnetic. The night light will gradually light up ten minutes before the alarm time you have set. To activate the screen display, you can either touch or shake the clock, or clap your hands loudly, and it will automatically turn off after 15 seconds.
- Five-minute snooze can be activated by shaking the alarm clock
- 30 and 60-minute timed night light function
- Six built-in alarm tones
- Made of environmentally friendly silicone material
- Three alarms with snooze
- Five adjustable sound levels
- In-built thermometer
- May be challenging to set up
- Motion sensor may take a bit long to detect motion
If you’re looking for a multifunctional alarm clock that also appeals to your chic aesthetic senses, this one ticks all the boxes. It’s a musical sleep clock that offers services like a wake-up clock, a dazzling display of soft hues, and a Bluetooth speaker. It is equipped with Bluetooth V5.0 technology, which allows a device to connect from up to ten meters. It emits crisp and clear treble sounds and a booming bass. With three calming tones that mimic nature’s sounds, your child can awaken feeling pleasant and rested. It is equipped with a 2000mAh USB rechargeable battery and plays music up to ten hours on a single charge, and 160 hours of standby time.
- Five color light modes
- Four brightness levels
- Easy to pair with smartphones, tablets, and computers
- Convertible illusion lights
- Disturbance-free is enabled by default
- Tap or knock to change color
- May not have a snooze button
- May be quite bright even at the dimmest setting
Is your child a heavy sleeper, and waking him or her up is the hardest thing you have to do? If you are nodding your head, we suggest that you get your hands on this charming alarm clock that will have your child up and active every morning. Don’t be fooled by its dainty pink color and the cute cat face as its twin bell and mini-hammer can wake the entire neighborhood.
- Super loud alarm
- Soft night light function
- No snooze button
- No ticking noise
- Easy to carry handle
Why don’t you leave the job of waking your child up every morning to this lovable little miniature trainmaster? The trainmaster brings with him red, yellow, and green lights to make sleep training your child as easy as pie. The red light turns on when it’s time to sleep, the green light indicates that it’s time to wake up, and the yellow light can stay on throughout the night, making it a suitable clock for teens, children, and adults.
- Sleep enhancing alarm clock
- Digital clock
- Optional beeping alarm function
- Recommended by certified pediatricians
- Battery for power backup
- May be lighter than expected
- Lights may be quite bright for some
The clock face of this one-of-a-kind sleep training clock is innovatively designed to teach your little ones the concept of morning and night using sun and moon animations. When you set the alarm for 5 am to 10 am, the screen displays a sun icon, teaching children that it’s time to wake up. Similarly, you can also set the sleep timer from 5 pm to 10 pm, and the screen displays a moon icon, reminding your children that it’s time for bed. The clock’s outer surface reveals a green color in the morning, and a red color when it’s bedtime.
- Eight customizable light colors
- 17 soothing sounds
- Touch control
- Warm night light
- Three brightness modes
- 12 and 24-hr format
- Adjustable volume
- Backlight is dimmable
- May need to be reset regularly
- May not be battery-operated
Is your child a ‘Frozen’ fan? Perhaps, that’s the wrong question to ask. We should instead ask, “How big of a ‘Frozen’ fan is your child”? This Frozen themed kids alarm clock offers a magical light show on the standing panel with glowing animated graphics. Your kids can see their favorite character move around with in-built animations. It also comes with a night light projection button to illuminate the room, making it the ideal clock for tweens.
- Buzzer for alarm
- Built-in snooze button
- USB charging port
- Forward and reverse buttons
- Battery backup
- Alarm sound may seem faint to some
- Time display may not be big enough
The little pink owl will improve your child’s sleeping habits significantly. It comes with a range of pre-programmed English songs, but you can switch to Chinese songs. It is an analog clock equipped with a night light button, which helps check the time in the dark. If your child or you are a heavy sleeper, its loud musical alarm tones will instantly wake you up.
- Light turns on by tapping the face of the clock
- Intelligent snooze design
- Silent hand movement
- May not have volume control
- May seem flimsy
How To Choose The Right Alarm Clock For Kids?
Here are a few things you should consider when buying an alarm clock for kids:
- Functionality: The primary function of an alarm clock that is designed for kids is to enhance their sleeping pattern by making them go to bed on time, and wake up after a good night’s rest. This is why it is best to choose an alarm clock that is equipped with night and morning lights and soothing alarm tones to put your child to bed or wake them up without being too loud and jarring. Ensure that the functionalities are straightforward, so that your children can set their alarms as they grow older.
- Reviews: Only a parent can help another parent out by experience. This is why we highly recommend that before you jump into purchasing a product, look at what other parents have to say. Most parents leave detailed reviews for other interested parents as their way of helping out. The reviews will often have information about why the product is worth buying, which features are most helpful, and which ones impressed them the least.
- Your child’s age: If you want to start introducing sleep training alarms to your children, you can begin as early as three years. For a child of this age, one needs to be careful of the shape, size, heaviness, and buttons of the clock. Choose one that comes with a warm night light and a parental safety lock. For a child who is older than eight years, look for something cool and eccentric.
Why Trust MomJunction?
Wedesto Chirhah is an experienced writer and reviewer who loves to stay updated about trending homeware and electronic products. His passion for reading and flair for writing helps him write informative and engaging articles. He has referred to various websites to pick the best kids’ alarm clocks with high user ratings and positive reviews to help you choose the one that appeals to you. With detailed information and an unbiased opinion, he has ensured high-quality, durable products to help you choose the right one.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. At what age should kids start using an alarm clock?
As children turn two or three years old, they generally begin to realize the concepts of routine, bedtime, and waketime. This is when alarm clocks can be introduced to them.
2. What is a sleep-training alarm clock?
Sleep-training alarm clocks come with indicators that tell children when it’s time to sleep and when it’s wake-up time until they get used to a particular sleep schedule. Thus, it facilitates a good night’s sleep for the parents as well, who don’t have to disrupt their sleep to provide this training to the child
3. How can I train my child to wake up on time?
A sleep-training alarm clock can help wake your child up on time consistently without you having to bother about the same. These clocks are designed to make the child independent with regard to their sleep routine.
4. What is the best way to use an alarm clock?
The ideal way is to set the alarm for the exact time you need to wake up to reduce the chances of hitting the snooze button. Another effective way is to use a wheels-enabled alarm clock that forces you to get out of your bed and switch it off.
5. What are the benefits of alarm clocks?
Most of the time, alarm clocks can help regulate one’s sleep pattern and inculcate a sense of self-regulation or discipline. Light-based alarm clocks have the added advantage of enhancing one’s mood upon waking up as they are more in tune with how nature works (1).
6. How do alarm clocks help kids learn to tell time?
Alarm clocks with innovative designs — displaying animated sun and moon symbols according to the time — can help children understand the concept of morning, evening, and other basic concepts of time.
Adding the best alarm clock for kids to your little one’s room can help them get into the habit of waking up early. Unlike the conventional alarm clocks adults use, those designed for children have soothing tones that make them feel pleasant as they wake up. Moreover, these alarm clocks have features such as lights with changing colors and quirky designs that add to their appeal. So, add one to their study table and help them create a healthy sleep routine.
Infographic: How To Maintain Your Child’s Sleep Schedule?
A regular sleep cycle is a must for maintaining good health. Studies have shown that getting up early in the morning can affect a person’s memory and make them more active. Check out the following infographic to learn how to improve your child’s sleep schedule.
- How Sound-Based Alarm Clocks Affect Sleep:
- Sleep tips for children
- Best Radio Alarm Clocks That Play Music To Wake You Up
- Best Teaching Clocks
- Best Dual Alarm Clock Radios With Battery Backup
- Best Bedwetting Alarms For Your Child’s Hassle-Free Sleep