As children grow, they need their own room with a bed and their own space to study and play. A functional desk in a child’s room nurtures creativity and motivates them to try various activities, including painting, reading, and studying. It also helps your child to be organized and responsible for their stuff.
With many choices available, it may be tricky to choose the best one for your child. We have compiled some of the best kids desks in this post to help you make an informed decision.
17 Best Kids’ Desks
The colorful kids’ desk chair can be an ideal spot for playtime, craft, study, and homework. You can choose from some creative graphics, including the lion king, mickey mouse, princess, ninja turtles, and more. The table has a sturdy body that is easy to clean and a storage bin at the bottom to store personal belongings.
- Can hold up to 50lb weight
- Kid-friendly low seating design
- Scratch-resistant, safe, and durable
- In-built cup holder
- Suitable for children aged three years and above
The sturdy and functional kids’ desk and chair set from KidKraft can make a great addition to your child’s room. It has multiple storage cabinets to keep art and craft and study materials organized. Your child can comfortably sit on the elegant and sturdy desk and make learning a fun experience.
- Made of composite wood materials
- One storage drawer and two deep cabinets
- Includes a cork bulletin board
- Has oak furniture finish
- Versatile and long-lasting
Dimensions: 35.75×18.25in (Desk), 13.25×13.25×26.75in (Chair)
The Coavas writing desk has a simple space-saving design, which is available in four different colors. Its tabletop is made of wood and has a strong metal frame. You can use it as an activity desk or computer table and keep it anywhere in the house. The versatile design makes it a convenient desk for growing children.
- Durable and sturdy
- Melamine top with a waterproof grain finish
- Four metal legs in two shapes
- Easy to clean, maintain, and assemble
- Supports up to 110lb weight
- Lightweight and multipurpose
The functional and adjustable kids’ desk and chair set from FDW is designed to let your child sit in an upright position when studying or drawing. It protects the spine and reduces the chances of eye fatigue. The desk is available in blue and pink and will serve the purpose for your growing child for years to come. It also has an anti-fall stopper to prevent things from falling off the desk.
- Made of high-quality MDF board
- Steel frame for stability and durability
- Ventilation groove for a good flow of air
- Cubby under the desk to store things
- Can be titled from 0° to 40° angle for convenience
- Side hook for hanging school bag
- Easy to assemble and multifunctional
- Recommended for children aged between three and 15 years
Dimensions: 28x21x7in (when packed)
The classic kids’ desk with storage and a large work surface has built-in grooves to prevent things from rolling out. Its generous storage space allows organizing school supplies with ease, and its adjustable legs can accommodate growing children. You can pick from maple or black finished top with black colored legs so that your child can read, study, or indulge in his hobbies.
- Made of laminate and steel
- Has sleek chrome legs with one-inch increments
- Crisscross tubular frame for better support
- Versatile and stable
- Tested for safety
- Easy to clean with soap and mild water
A set of modern desk and chair from Diroan has an adjustable height feature, making it a convenient pick for a growing child. Its ergonomic design lets you sit in the right posture without stressing your neck or spine. You can adjust its height as per the convenience and enjoy its comfort for years. It also provides light at the right angles to prevent visual damage.
- Made of high-quality steel and MDF
- Load-bearing capacity of 190lb
- Rubber pads prevent damages
- Rotatable book stand and detachable LED table lamp
- Suitable for children aged between three and 15 years
- Can tilt from 0° to 40° angle
- Anti-pinch stoppers included
Dimensions: 17.3×23.3×21.3-30in (Desk), 15x15x21.3-30in (Chair)
The simple design of the Melissa & Doug desk and chair provides comfort and can be placed anywhere in the house. It is made from high-quality wood and has an espresso finish, which blends with any décor. The sturdy and safe design is easy to assemble, making it one of the best choices for studying or doing artwork.
- Creative and versatile
- Has a safety-hinged lid and reinforced legs
- Strong and sturdy body
- Ideal for children aged between three and eight years
The Costzon three-in-one set has two kids’ chairs and a desk, a unique blend of practicality and comfort. It is available in two colors, white and gray, natural and orange, and can be used to read, play, and write. The table and chairs have built-in storage boxes to help organize toys, books, and other stuff. Its ergonomic design doesn’t strain the child’s neck or back and lets them sit conveniently.
- Made of premium MDF board
- Multiple storage spaces for better organization
- Suitable for children aged between three and seven years
- Middle footrest for comfort
- Compact and kid-friendly design
- Detachable desktop and easy-to-clean surfaces
Dimensions: 24.5×24.5x19in (Table), 12×11.5x21in (Chair)
Weight: 21.5lb (Table), 6.5lb (Chair)
The Forfar Kids’ desk and chair set is attractive and has storage compartments for added convenience. The height of the chair and table can be adjusted as per the growing needs of the child. Its ergonomic design promotes the right posture and prevents eye problems. You can even tilt it to different angles for reading, painting, or writing as per your comfort.
- Made of premium and eco-friendly MDF E1 board
- Can tilt between 0° and 45° angle
- Non-slip padding adds on to the stability
- Allows height adjustments
- Comes with a book stand
- High-quality steel frame for strength
- Large storage compartment for stationery
Dimensions: 27.5×14.9in (desktop)
The superior quality kids’ chair and desk are designed for the child’s safety and comfort. The set’s modern and sturdy body can be adjusted as per the growing height of your child. You can tilt the desktop as per your convenience and do not slouch when reading or writing. It also has ventilation holes to allow air circulation and storage space to keep you organized.
- Made of ABS+PP plastic, MDF, and steel frames
- Offers height adjustment of around 9in
- Desktop can be tilted between 0° and 40° angle
- Under desk storage and rubber safety stops
- Cup holder and a bag hook included
Dimensions: 26×19.4in (desktop)
Equipped with height adjustment, this durable set of kids’ desk and chair makes a perfect workplace to read, write, or paint. Its sturdy table has a pull out drawer to store stationery and essentials and can hold up to 165lb of weight. It can be assembled easily and quickly as per convenience to let the child study with focus.
- Made of durable plastic and cold-rolled steel frame
- Double padded backrest
- Ergonomic design to promote healthy sitting posture
- Rubber safety stops to protect from pinching
- Allows 14 tabletop positions and seven-seat positions
- Desktop can tilt up to 55° angle
- Designed for children aged between three and 18 years
Doing homework can be more fun on this set of kids’ desk and chair from Artist Hand. The chair and table can be adjusted as per your growing child’s requirements. It can be installed easily and quickly and is safe and durable for your child between three and 12 years of age.
- Made of MDF panels and steel frames
- Equipped with three-speed adjustable lamp
- Allows tilt adjustments between 0 to 40°
- Spacious pull out drawer
- Steel hook on the side and breathable seat
- Stable and durable design
- Bookstand and brightness lamp included
Dimensions: 26x19in (Desktop)
The Joymor chair and desk set is available in pink, blue, and grey. Its multifunctional workstation for children with an extra-wide desktop makes it an ideal desk to read, write, and paint. The chair and table’s height can be adjusted as per needs, and its ergonomic design offers comfort and convenience to your child. The desktop and the reading stand are at a distance to protect eyes from visual damage.
- Made of E1 MDF, PP, and steel frame
- Wide range tilt up to 60° angle
- Hook to hang a bag and a cup holder included
- Pull-out drawer for storage
- Double-layered seat back and embedded pen holder
- Ideal for children between three and 12 years of age
Dimensions: 31.5×0.5in (Desktop)
A complete art center for two, the Guidecraft kids’ set has a generous tabletop and a unique cutout to store paper rolls in a tidy manner. It has two stools that can be put under the table when not in use. The unique kids’ desk is designed with large shelves with fabric storage bins for plenty of storage and to suit a variety of art and activity needs of your little one.
- Elegant, safe, and multipurpose
- Made of wood with a UV polyurethane finish
- Sectioned storage space
- Replaceable paper roll
- Six fabric bins and six cups included
- Strong and durable body
This creatively designed kids’ desk with a Barbie Mermaid theme can be the right choice for your child if they like Barbie dolls. Your child can enjoy studying and other activity sessions in a playful mood on this fancy desk with an inbuilt chair with a scallop shell pattern on the back.
- Made of engineered wood, plastic, and fabric
- Storage bin and cup holder included
- Designed to hold up to 50lb weight
- Easy to clean with a damp cloth
- Convenient and quick to assemble
- Suitable for children aged three years and above
Designed for children between the ages of three and 15, the unique set of desk and chair from Sallymonday has anti-slip legs for safety. You can adjust its height for better comfort and correct sitting posture. Make your child’s learning and activity time more fun with this kids’ desk that has rounded corners and an anti-pinch safety design.
- Made of MDF panels and steel frames
- Adjustable desk height from 20.4 to 30.3in
- Tabletop can tilt from 0° to 40° angle
- Pull-out storage for stationery
- Steel hook to hang a bag
- Easy to install
- Convenient to clean
Dimensions: 27.6×19.7×20.5-29in (Table)
The Thinktoo comfortable and stylish study set comprising a table and chair is functional and looks elegant. Designed to play board games, eat snacks, do homework or artwork, it is an ideal ensemble for children aged one year and above. The large storage under the tabletop allows the organization of stationery, books, or secret things.
- Made of high-quality wood
- Easy to assemble
- Stable and sturdy body
- Rounded corners for safety
- Dirt-resistant and easy to clean
- Load capacity of 200lb
Dimensions: 23.6×15.7×21.7in (Table), 22.4×11.8×11.8in (Chair)
How To Choose The Right Kids Desk?
Selecting the best kids’ desk can be tricky if you don’t know what characteristics to look for. Here is the list of features to help you make the right choice.
- Durability: Look for a desk that can withstand rough handling as children may not handle it with care as adults do. Solid wood, plastic, and metal make durable choices of material.
- Storage: A functional child’s desk offers decent storage space to keep stationery, books, and other supplies in an organized way.
- Adjustable height: As the children grow fast, it is better to go with desks that allow height adjustments to suit different needs for comfortable seating.
- Incline: Desktops that incline promote better sitting posture and don’t hurt the vision. They make a wise pick for children who spend a long time reading, studying, or painting.
- Aesthetics: A desk that matches the room’s décor can be the most appropriate choice. Look for colors that merge with the existing shade or are decent to gel well with any space.
- Versatility: A study desk that can also be used as an activity desk is a better selection. However, the choice also depends on what your child is looking for.
- Safety features: Look for desks with rounded ends, rubber guards, and similar features that protect children from injuries.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. How big a desk do I need for my child?
Ideally, the kids’ set comprises a chair and a table. Make your child sit on a chair to ensure their feet touch the ground comfortably when knees are bent at an angle of 90°. If you already have a chair and are only looking for the desk, see that it is 8in above the chair’s seat.
2. How much space do you need between a desk and a wall?
The space between the desk and wall is subjective to the number of electronics required to be plugged behind. In case there are many plugs, three to four inches of space is recommended. And if there are no electronics, you can place the table close to the wall. Ensure to keep a decent gap to prevent the desk from rubbing the wall every time you get up from the chair.
3. How do I measure a corner desk?
The process of measuring a corner desk is similar to that of measuring a regular desk. You would require an additional measurement, including left length, right length, and depth, to know if one side is more in size than the other.
Children need a proper desk to focus better when they study, read, paint, or do the artwork. It serves as a workstation to keep their stuff and spend hours doing homework or indulging in their hobbies. A good quality desk should not just be functional but also add to the room’s aesthetics. Hence you should look for the right features to match the child’s requirements. Compare the options above and find the most suitable one for your little one.