If you’re an adrenaline junkie hoping to show your children the ropes, getting them the best kids’ dirt bike can be an excellent place to start. These ingenious inventions are ideal for children who love outdoor adventures and would like a competitive edge while riding with their friends.
As these bikes are designed to let children emulate a motocross experience while being safe and portable, dirt biking will soon become their favorite pastime.
To make your task of choosing one easier, we list the top-rated and best-selling dirt bikes for children here. Take a look.
11 Best Kids Dirt Bikes
1. Best Built-In Music: Jaxpetty Electric Motorcycle
Jaxpetty’s swanky motorcycle ride is an excellent option for children because it has built-in music and a start sound-play horn. It has a safe but exciting speed limit of up to 3.7mph for the children to enjoy. The bike has a police siren, a comfortable wide seat, and two rear training wheels for added safety and balance. It is made of high-quality materials and has knobby tread patterns on the wheels for a smooth ride.
- Detailed operation instructions
- Easy assembly
- Sturdy built
- 50lb load capacity
- May not work well on soft terrain
- Doesn’t hold charge for long
2. Best Performance: Tobbi 12V 7AH Kids Motorcycle
Add fun and adventure to your child’s outdoor playtime with the Tobbi 12V 7AH kids motorcycle with a stylish design. Featuring 35W dual motors and a 12V 7AH electric battery, this dirt bike for young riders offers high performance and can reach up to 6 mph. It provides 40-60 minutes of uninterrupted adventure on a single charge. This off-road motorcycle for children can let your child tackle any terrain, while the spring suspensions absorb shock and ensure a smooth and comfortable ride. Moreover, the bike comes with training wheels for added stability and safety.
- Non-slip and wearproof wheels
- Wide seat offers comfort
- One-click quick start button
- Textured footrest
- Features EVA rubber ring
- Decals may peel off over time
- Make take longer than expected to recharge
3. Best With Battery Charging Technology: Fit Right 12V Kids Dirt Bike
The Fit Right electric dirt bike for kids is battery-powered and LED-equipped, with a varying speed and direction switch for your child’s ease of use. It has a 12V SLA battery and dual 12V motors that can reach speeds up to 4mph. In addition, it is equipped with an electric brake system to prevent jerky stops. The LED headlights/taillights improve the bike’s overall appearance. An integrated Bluetooth and USB flash drive allows you to connect to your devices. The combination of a soft seat and a spring shock absorber prioritizes comfort over everything else. Check out the review of this parent-recommended product for more information.
- ASTM F963 Compliant
- Smart battery charging technology
- Horn and music buttons
- Tires may wear out early
- Battery may give out sometimes
4. Best Terrain-Friendly: Razor MX350 Motocross Bike
The ti MX350 motocross bike for kids by the trusted brand Razor elevates the young ones’ off-roading experience, making it the ideal companion for rugged trails. Pneumatic tires with knob tread marks provide traction on any terrain. The bike has adjustable angle handlebars and spoke wheels for optimum handling. It amps up the power with a 24V battery attached to a high torque 350W electrical motor, and ten-inch rear wheel tires. The twist grip throttle and hand-operated rear brakes provide control for a well-balanced performance. If you want to know more about the benefits of this product, check out this quick review on YouTube.
- Intuitive control
- Large knobby tires
- Scaled-down yet powerful
- May lack spin
5. Best For Safe Speed: Best Choice Kids Ride On Motorcycle
The Best Choice is one of the safest bikes for kids and an excellent choice for younger children. It has a rechargeable battery and can go up to 2mph for a smooth ride. This widely tested and trusted bike has a fun and stylish appearance with bright decals, working headlights, a lit-up console, and music to make outdoor adventures fun. Realistic sounds with horns, blinkers, and ignition provide an interactive experience for the children. The treaded tires come with added training wheels to boost balance support.
- Safe speed
- Interactive console
- Bright colors
- Not very powerful
6. Best With Powerful Engine: M Massimo Warrior 200
Capture everyone’s attention with the delicately crafted mini motorcycle by M Massimo with realistic features. With its 196cc four-stroke powerful engine, this mini-moto delivers plenty of power and performance, while the wide tires provide added stability and control. The motorcycle can roar to a maximum speed of 25 mph, and the automatic transmission adds to its efficiency. Moreover, the design of this mini moto is CARB-approved, making it a safe and reliable choice for your children.
- Comes with a helmet
- Carbureted and air-cooled
- Sturdy and textured 19-inch AT tires
- Can accommodate up to 200 lbs
- Available in four color options
- May not be scratch-proof
7. Best With Long Range Battery: Hiboy DK1 36V Electric Dirt Bike
The Hiboy electric-led mini dirt bike for kids is designed keeping the biking needs of three- to ten-year-olds in mind. It features a powerful 300W electric motor that can reach speeds up to 15.5 mph and travel up to 13.7 miles on a single charge. In addition, it offers a ride time of up to 90 minutes, which is relatively greater than most other dirt bikes for children. The parent-recommended bike has three-speed modes for a customized riding experience and an extended seat for added comfort.
- Shock-proof spring suspension
- Produces less noise
- Suitable for riders up to 64kg
- Comes with a detailed instruction manual
- Available in two color options
- May be smaller than expected
8. Best With Tubeless Tires: Offroad Mall Electric Quad Wheeler
The Offroad mall electric quad-wheeler is specially designed to give children a real ride experience. This kid-sized dirt bike is equipped with an electric-controlled gear system and an in-built rechargeable battery that supports 13 to 16 miles of non-stop usage. It has a weight-bearing capacity of 165lb and offers a speed of 18mph.
- High torque air-cooled motor
- LED headlights
- Tubeless tires
- Front and rear disc brakes
- Available in bright colors
- May not work on grass
9. Best Environmentally Friendly: Xtremepower 49cc Mini Pocket Dirt Bike
The Xtremepower pocket fuel-efficient youth dirt bike is an excellent choice for driveway and parking lot fun with a steel frame body and a two-stroke motor. Riders can reach speeds of up to 20 mph thanks to the high torque. The disc brakes are operated manually for complete control. Its twist-grip throttle and knobby tires allow for easy maneuvering.
- Better navigation
- Hydraulic suspension
- Fuel efficient
- Lacks a sturdy built design
10. Best Quick Charge: Hover-1 H1 Trak Electric Dirt Bike
Say yes to an exciting and eco-friendly way to explore the outdoors with the electric bike for kids by Hover-1. It features a powerful 250W motor and 5AH battery, offering a maximum speed of 9 mph. The tried-and-tested bike can run up to 9 miles on a single charge, and its 24V lithium-ion battery can quickly charge in four hours, providing 4.5 miles range. Further, with its 12-inch air-filled tires, this is a comfortable dirt bike for beginners, offering a smoother riding experience even in rough terrains.
- Durable structure
- Chainless motor
- Suitable for beginners
- Can endure up to 120 lbs
- Disk brakes for better control over breaking
- Folding kickstand
- Comes with assembly tools and an air pump
- Rubber grip handles
- May not be suitable for taller kids
- May not be easy to assemble
11. Best Lightweight: Eclypse Astra Electric Balance Bike
The Eclypse Astra balance bike is suitable for all young adventurers who have just started exploring the world of dirt biking. It is a lightweight dirt bike for kids, specially designed for children between four and eight years. The bike features a twist grip throttle for smooth acceleration and maximum control. In addition, it has an 18V brushless motor and a removable 4Ah lithium-ion battery, making it suitable for riding off-road, on trails, and on-road. Moreover, its battery charging time is just 80 minutes, and once charged, it provides up to 45-70 minutes of runtime.
- Covered drive chain prevents loss of power
- Pneumatic tires for better traction
- Three speed modes
- Includes battery and charger
- Available in three color options
- May not be suitable for taller children
How To Choose The Right Dirt Bikes For Kids?
Consider the following factors before purchasing the right dirt bike for your child.
- Performance: Engine power, torque, power-balance regulation, and high-speed stability are critical factors to consider. For younger kids, a power-curbing machine with safer performance is an ideal choice.
- Ease of operation: It is worth noting that dirt bikes with an easy pull-start feature or a single button push start are more comfortable for children to use and handle.
- Build quality: The design’s durability and the materials result in a superior bike with better wear-resistance and longer life. In addition, a sturdy finish helps make the ride safe for young riders.
- Safety: Before selecting the best bike for your children, look for the product’s compliance with various safety and regulatory standards. Always ensure your child wears appropriate safety gear, including a helmet, gloves, knee and elbow pads, and appropriate footwear when riding a dirt bike.
- Fuel consideration: There are conventional or environmentally conscious options available. For example, electric dirt bikes are an excellent choice because they save fuel and are battery-powered for longer on-road performance.
Why Trust MomJunction?
Sristi Suman is passionate about fitness, sports, and other outdoor adventures. When it comes to kids’ products, she thoroughly analyzes the product details and reviews before selecting the most popular and reliable ones. In this post, Shristi has suggested some of the best dirt bikes available for kids based on their durability and safety aspects. She also takes you through a detailed buying guide to help you make an informed choice based on your requirements.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. At what age should a kid get a dirt bike?
You can give dirt bikes to kids aged six and up as they learn to balance a cycle by then (1). However, dirt bikes can be riskier than a regular cycle and should be used under adult supervision with all necessary safety precautions in place.
2. Does age matter more than height when selecting a bike?
Both age and height can play a crucial role when selecting a bike for your child. A child can use a dirt bike when they are of the appropriate age and can comfortably place their feet on the ground while sitting on one.
3. What age is a 50cc bike good for?
A 50 cc bike can be appropriate to be used by children below the age of sixteen. Dirt bikes with low-power engines run at a lesser speed and can be a safe option for children and people without a driving license.
4. Should I enroll my kid in classes for bike riding?
Most bikes come with simple instruction manuals and child-friendly controls for easy operation. A quick assembly with a little parental guidance is all that is needed to get your child started.
5. How fast do children’s dirt bikes go?
Some models for teens can accelerate up to 30mph and have higher horsepower and torque for quick acceleration. The speed limit is sometimes set at 3mph or lower for younger children since it is safer. In any case, the bikes are not designed to go as fast as larger bikes for children’s safety.
6. Is it legal for young kids to ride dirt bikes?
The bikes comply with the country and state’s safety norms regarding dirt bikes for children. However, these bikes should not be driven on freeways and public roads since it could be illegal. You may check more about your state laws before making a purchase.
Dirt bikes make excellent outdoor companions for children. Whether you’re looking for a dirt bike for your teen’s first foray into trail racing or a bike for your child’s first off-road experiences, we’ve got you covered. This list of the best kid’s dirt bikes will assist you in making an informed decision.
Infographic: How To Ensure Your Child’s Safety When Riding A Dirt Bike?
Dirt bikes for children are thrilling and exciting off-road vehicles designed specifically for young riders to introduce them to the thrilling world of dirt biking. However, adhering to precautionary steps and preparatory measures is essential to ensure a safe ride for your child. Explore the infographic below to learn more about the safety considerations of dirt bikes for children.
- Growth & Development: 6 to 12 Years
- Best Kids Mountain Bikes
- Best Bikes For Teens To Ride
- Best Bikes For Women
- Best Bike Trailers For Kids
- Best Bike Covers