Children are curious little beings, always eager to learn new things, and giving them the joy of learning is the main encouragement they need to grow and understand. Whether it’s their first time writing a letter, their first scribble, or their first drawing, the best kids’ easels can make learning a lot more fun for them.
A little bit of magic is all your little one needs to pique their interest and curiosity in new things, and an easel is an ideal aide. It can keep your child engaged for hours and is a superb addition to their room. It may be tricky to choose one from the plethora of options available, so we have listed some of our top picks to make it easier for you.
No products Found
15 Best Kids’ Easels To Keep Them Engaged
The double-sided board by Step2 comes with a dry-erase board on one side and a chalkboard on the other. There is a large storage bin placed under the desk that provides ample space for keeping crayons, markers, and other art supplies organized. This easel for kids is appropriately sized and equipped with various features, enabling them to express their creativity.
- Promotes creative role play
- Improves visual and motor skills
- Comes with an in-built bench seat
- Made using premium-quality plastic
- Includes built-in trays and additional art caddies
- Assembly may be a bit complicated
- May not be sturdy enough
For over 30 years, Melissa and Doug have been at the forefront of creating products that enhance kids’ creativity and learning like this standing easel. This plastic easel for kids includes a dry erase board, a chalkboard, and a locking paper roll holder — all of which help build your child’s fine motor skills. It is also height-adjustable and easy to assemble.
- Includes a safe paper cutter, four easy clip grips, and two plastic trays
- Easy-to-clean board surface
- Folds flat for easy storage
- Paint, paint brushes, cups, and chalk are packaged separately
- Designed for children over three years of age
- Bi-fold wood frame allows two children to use it simultaneously
- Stand and drill hole may not line up evenly at times
- Wood surface may be rough
The wooden easel can single-handedly keep your child engaged for hours while inspiring creative learning. This easel with storage comes with a magnetic green board on one side and a chalkboard on the other, along with clips for securing the paper in place. The height of this easel can be adjusted from 37 inches to 50 inches.
- Both sides of the easel are magnetic
- Made of high-quality wood and contains no formaldehyde
- Includes one roll of 16ft drawing paper
- Comes with a storage box, three whiteboard pen, and a board eraser
- Includes colorful magnetic letters
- Tray may seem flimsy
- May peel with use
Step 2 is constantly evolving and looking for new, exciting ways to include active social play into children’s lives. With this children’s easel, your child can scribble away to glory in either the dry erase board or the chalkboard. The tray can hold all of your child’s immediate accessories required for play while the storage bins make it easy to keep his surroundings clean.
- Two-sided art board
- Comes with two removable side trays and one large tray
- Includes art clips
- Comes with a 94-piece soft foam magnet set
- Requires minimal assembly
- Lightweight yet sturdy
- Side trays might come off easily
- Chalk marks may be difficult to erase
Make your child’s playtime fun by letting them be creative with the Blue Squid art easel. The double-sided easel drawing board features a magnetic chalkboard and a dry-erase magnetic whiteboard, encouraging your child to explore various art forms. In addition, this adjustable easel for kids comes with a variety of additional accessories in attractive colors. An apron, paints and pots, brushes, chalk, markers, eraser and cloth, ruler, paper roll, magnetic numbers letter, and animal stickers are a part of the set, making it an appropriate choice to help your child learn while having fun.
- Toolless assembly
- Easy to store
- Has ample storage for accessories
- Adjustable height up to 52 inches
- Foldable chalkboard
- Sturdy wooden frame
- May not include assembly instructions
- Protective coating on chalkboard may be hard to remove
A complete work-station built for children, this easel also transforms into a desk. All you need to do is flip the easel down, and voila, you have a desk! The art clip provided can be used to secure paper for drawing and painting, and the tabletop caddy is ideal for storing arts and crafts supplies.
- Comes with a magnetic dry erase board
- Includes three large and two small bins
- Space on the back can be used for storage
- Includes a comfortable stool
- Might be difficult to assemble
- May not have drill holes
As this easel is crafted with wood composite, parents can rest assured that it is going to be a sturdy and durable one. It comes with a paper dispenser attached to the top, which can easily be refilled. This double-sided easel with a chalkboard is flanked by two mini trays on either side and a large tray underneath the boards.
- Includes two patented anti-slip sealable cups
- Dry erase and chalkboard surfaces
- Includes one roll of art paper
- Height-adjustable to three different heights
- Sturdy and won’t tip over easily
- Paint may chip off with use
- Legs of the easel may not be thick enough
The double-sided drawing board by B. Toys provides ample space for a couple of young artists to unleash their creativity. The foldable drawing board pops up to provide your child with a dry-erase whiteboard on one side and a blackboard on the other. The kit includes a white chalk, four non-toxic washable markers, and an eraser.
- Drawing board doubles up as a storage case
- Convenient carry handle
- Apt easel for home use
- Foldable easel for kids
- Sturdy clip to position the paper in place
- Suitable for children aged two and above
- Chalk marks may not show up properly
- Case may be difficult to close
Get your child’s creative juices flowing with this 3-in-1 easel. As they scribble with chalk on the blackboard and play with markers on the whiteboard, they can also use paper rolls on top of it to create beautiful art pieces. It is suitable for children from 2-9 years of age.
- It is 30-45 inches in height
- Has chalk slots on both sides
- Comes with a large shelf on the bottom
- Includes a magnetic letter and math set along with 6 magnetic cartoon stickers
- Includes three dust-free chalks, one chalk cover, and a whiteboard eraser
- 99% dust-proof board surface
Perfect for the little princess in your life, this pink easel retracts to reveal a spacious desktop. It is easy to assemble, and easy to clean, and also features a storage area large enough to keep your child’s toys.
- Comes with a magnetic dry erase board
- Includes a stool that holds weight up to 50lb
- Large removable storage fabric toy bin
- Organizer slots on reverse side
- Safe and durable finish
- Paint may chip off with use
- May not be scratch-resistant
Encourage your child to explore their artistic self with the double-sided standing art easel by Meeden. The height of this wooden easel for kids can be extended up to 50 inches to help you customize it per your child’s height. Its rounded edges offer a safe and secure platform that allows your child to explore their artistic potential. In addition, the pack includes three drawing paper rolls, a dry-erase board, and other art essentials making it a suitable easel for art classes to help your child express their creativity in countless ways.
- Made of eco-sustainable pine wood
- Includes magnetic letters and numbers
- Comes with paint cups
- Triangular structure for added stability
- Includes assembly instructions
- Paper roll may run wider than the board
- Markers may be difficult to erase
The wooden art easel by Rundad is equipped with 100+ accessories for kids to have everything handy when they explore their creative side. It offers ample storage space for paint, markers, and dust-free chalks and comes with four paint pots. In addition, the double-sided art easel for kindergarteners features a magnetic chalkboard and painting board with two paper rolls. It can be adjusted to different heights to suit the needs of children from three to eight years.
- Easy grip knobs on the side to adjust the height
- Features a thick canvas storage bag
- High-utility sliding trays
- Sturdy wooden frame
- Easy to assemble
- May not have clips at the bottom to hold the paper
- Magnetic letters and numbers may be a bit flimsy
Give your child’s bursting creativity an appropriate outlet with the Little Partners art center easel. This two-sided art easel features a chalkboard on one side and a magnetic dry-erase board on the other, providing plenty of options for young kids to explore their artistic passions. The art easel for preschoolers also includes a paper roll holder with an easy-to-use paper cutter and a large storage bin that offers additional space for storing art supplies in an organized manner.
- Adjustable height
- Additional creative accessories for added fun
- Available in assorted color options
- Non-toxic paint
- Greenguard Gold-certified
- Four non-spill paint cups
- Assembly may be time-consuming
- Whiteboard may form bubbles over time
The Picasso Tiles art easel for kids comes with a large chalkboard and whiteboard, along with art accessories and learning tools. This art easel for toddlers is suitable for kids between three and eight years of age, and the accessories offer hours of fun and learning. In addition, The legs of the easel can be adjusted with easy-to-use knobs to suit various heights. Its easy-to-assemble structure can serve as a means to improve problem-solving abilities and hand-eye coordination among kids.
- Waterproof frame
- Made from non-toxic and certified materials
- Large storage tray for better organization
- 360° rotatable board
- Tablet handle for portability
- Small magnets may pose a choking hazard
This tabletop easel can keep your little genius hooked for hours. With a magnetic whiteboard on one side and a chalkboard on the other. All of Hape’s products are made of durable and non-toxic materials to make them safe for children.
- Lightweight and portable
- Portable easel for kids
- Double-sided easel
- Includes two chalk pieces and one eraser
- Comes with a magnetic wood clamp
- Made using wood sourced from environmentally sustainable forests
- Chalk might be messy
- Screws may not be sturdy enough
Now that we’ve come to the end of our list of the best kids easels, let’s take a look at why they are beneficial for children.
Benefits Of Kids Easels
- An easel can help unleash the artist, the scientist, or the creator inside of your child. When left with something as productive as this, little children step up and discover things on their own, and also gain confidence in their abilities.
- Most children are full of energy and prefer running around the house than just sitting in one spot. An easel can keep them grounded and this makes them patient.
- As most kids easel come with crayons, markers, erasers, and storage bins, it teaches a child that ‘there is a correct place for everything’. By using the trays and storage bins provided, it teaches children the importance of organization.
- In due course of time, a child learns how to use a paint brush or a marker on the board. This helps in improving his fine motor skills.
- The steps to creating something on the board may seem like a trivial task for us, but for a child, the steps may seem like quite a lot. Take a look at how your child first gets his hands on a paintbrush, how he mixes colors, and finally what he puts on paper. All of these steps help in improving his cognitive skills.
- When two toddlers work together on opposite sides of the same easel, they aren’t just communicating with each other, they are helping each other create something by themselves. This accelerates a child’s social development.
How To Choose The Right Kids Easels?
Here are some helpful tips that can help you choose the right easel for your child:
- Before you jump into buying one, do your homework well. Read online reviews and consult other parents.
- Pick a board that is double-sided (black board and magnetic dry-erase board).
- Ensure that the easel you are buying for your child is age appropriate. Some easels are strictly a no-no for children under 2.
- Make sure that the wood is sturdy and whatever paint has been used should ideally be non-toxic and child-safe.
- The easel shouldn’t be too heavy, but not extremely light as well. If it is too heavy, there is a risk of it tipping over and hurting your child.
- Pick an easel that also includes magnetic letters of the alphabet, number, chalks, and crayons. This way your child has many options to choose from when approaching the board.
- As children grow up quickly, it would be a wide decision to invest in an easel which is height adjustable.
- Another thing to keep in mind when choosing an easel is to find out if it is foldable or not. If it folds easily, the easier it is for you to stow it away when not in use.
Why Trust MomJunction?
Priti Bose, writer of this article, is experienced in writing on kids’ toys and games. She strives to bring the best products available in the market to the reader after extensive research. She has curated a list of the best kids’ easels in the market to help you make the right choice. Her love for kids’ games ensures to give you all the information you need regarding each product mentioned in the list.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. What type of paper should I use with a kid’s easel?
The type of paper you use with a child’s easel should depend on the art materials your child uses. For example, crayons can be used on any kind of paper, but watercolors need waterproof paper. The type of easel you have may also determine whether you need to use sheets or rolls of paper.
2. How should I clean a kid’s easel?
You can use a damp cloth to clean chalk stains from your child’s easel, and to remove dried paint, you may use a mixture of water and dish soap. Ensure you do not use harsh chemicals or abrasive materials that could damage the easel.
3. How do I hold paper in place on a kid’s easel?
You may use clips or tape to attach the paper to the easel’s surface. If your child’s easel has a paper roll attachment, you can use this to change sheets of paper without having to remove the old sheet.
Painting can help your child express their creativity and imagination. But unfortunately, it could be a messy affair with paints, paper, brushes, and other stationery all over the floor. By choosing a kids’ easel, your child can easily organize all the tools, and it helps them maintain good posture while creating their masterpiece. But before choosing the right one, ensure it is made from non-toxic and child-safe materials that are sturdy with an adjustable height for growing children. We hope our list of the best kids’ easels can help you gain insight into the available options, features, and trends.
Infographic: How Drawing And Painting Help Children?
Children love experimenting with colors and doodling from a young age. Efforts should be made to bring out their inner artist, as they can benefit from creativity. So, check out the following infographic to know the physiological and cognitive advantages of encouraging your child to draw and paint.
- Drawing Plays an Important Part in Children’s Emotional Roles
- Benefits of Drawing for Children
- Best Paint Markers For Kids
- Best Sensory Toys For Toddlers’ Development
- Best Stocking Stuffers For Kids To Use
- Best Magnetic Toys For Kids To Keep Them Engaged