Martial art forms such as karate, taekwondo, boxing, and MMA utilize the punching bag as practice equipment. The best kids punching bags are designed to let them hone their fighting and hitting skills without getting hurt. When performed correctly, punching exercises can help strengthen the bones, ligaments, and core and increase a child’s stamina and endurance. Punching bags are easy to set up at home, the gym, or even your backyard.
When looking for a punching bag for kids, many options are available, but not all are practical and easy to use. Keeping this in mind, we bring to you some of the best punching bags suitable for kids and help you analyze their pros and cons before purchasing them.
Our Top Picks
11 Best Punching Bags For Kids
This RDX set comes with a punching bag and a pair of gloves. It is made of Maya hide leather, which is known for its durability and resilience. The set is suitable for children who are looking to getting trained for MMA, kickboxing, boxing, karate, and other sports. It is ideal for kids aged below 14 years.
- The bag is two feet long and comes with a hanging chain.
- It is double-stitched but has a zip that lets you change the filling easily.
- The pair of gloves offer protection to the fist, hand, and wrists.
- The bag is unfilled.
- It is available only in one size and one color.
This table-top or desktop punching bag is ideal for relieving stress. The base can be fixed to the surface of the table, so that the kid can punch it whenever they want to – during study breaks, when they are bored, or want to relieve any tension. It can also help in improving speed and hand-eye coordination.
- It can be assembled in a minute without the use of any tool. It comes with a pump to inflate the ball.
- It is made of high-quality PVC leather and is safe to use.
- It measures 14 x 7.1 inches, ideal to be placed on a table.
- It doesn’t fix on the table properly and may keep falling off.
- It may not withstand strong punches.
This punching bag for kids comes with a pair of gloves and headgear. It is suitable for boys and girls aged between 2 and 5 years. It can be hung inside or outside the home for the children to practice and have fun. The boxing set can be an excellent gifting option for kids too.
- It is lightweight and comes with safety gear, which is safe for younger children.
- It comes in three different colors — pink, blue, and royal (blue).
- The slip-on headgear comes with elastic chin strap for jaw safety.
- Gloves are too small, even for young kids.
- Not for serious training
This kid-friendly inflatable punching bag comes with sand-filled in it. The punching bag is designed with a dinosaur print and has a double-lock air valve for easy inflation. The bag comes with three footballs too. Children can use this product for playing and also for a workout.
- It is made of durable PVC material.
- The bounce-back action of the punching bag is quick.
- It is resistant to wind, football throws, and punches.
- The quality of football is not so good.
- It may not withstand too much pressure.
The appearance of this punching bag is inspired by the look of a popular television character, Bozo, the clown. The 3D designed, inflatable bag looks attractive and is ideal for younger kids. It comes with a squeaky nose and clown hair on the sides, which are quite appealing to kids.
- It is made of soft and durable vinyl material.
- It is 46 inches tall and has a sand-filled base that provides stability to the toy.
- The bounce-back action feature is safe for the children.
- The material is delicate and may not sustain hard punches.
- It is not sturdy enough and may not last for long.
This boxing set comes with a punching ball on a stand, a pair of gloves, and a pump to inflate the ball. The adjustable height of the stand makes it suitable for children between five and 12 years of age. The stand has a durable base, and it can be set up on the concrete, grass, or anywhere else.
- It has a sturdy base.
- It is ideal for training young children and could help in building speed, improving hand and eye coordination, and enhancing reflexes.
- It comes in two varieties — with a mat and freestanding.
- The stand comes with a robust, durable spring and adjustable height from 35 to 50 inches.
- It is not as durable and may not withstand too much pressure.
- It is suitable for younger kids only.
- The screws tend to get loosened easily and may require re-tightening frequently.
This free-standing inflatable punching bag is suitable for younger children to play. It is a good punching bag if you want your kids to have fun and stay active even when they are indoors. It is filled with air and is 44 inches tall. It comes in three animal designs – dog, tiger, and panda.
- Has a safe bounce-back option.
- It is made of heavy-duty vinyl material and is suitable for soft punches.
- Can help your child burn the excess energy.
- It doesn’t have sand filled in it.
- It may not withstand too much pressure or strong punches.
- It doesn’t come with a pump to fill the air.
This two-in-one punching bag is for playing and punching. There is a dragon print on one side and a knight print on the other side of the bag. This set also includes two swords made of foam. The toy is made of thick vinyl fabric, which provides durability. It is ideally suitable for younger children who want to have fun.
- The print on the punching bag is unique and attractive.
- It has a faster bounce-back action.
- The thick gauge PVC makes it resilient for kicking and punching.
- The print may disappear with time and use.
- A foul chemical smell comes from the punching bag.
This kid’s standing punching bag set comes with one pair of black and red boxing gloves, one inflatable punching bag, one standing base, and one air pump. It could be a good gift for children who are young and have an interest in sports. The stand height can be adjusted from 31 to 43 inches.
- It is easy to assemble.
- It is a travel-friendly kit, and the ball can be deflated and inflated easily.
- The height of the punching ball stand can be adjusted as per the kid’s height or convenience.
- The quality of the punching ball is not so great and may get damaged easily.
- The punching bag and stand cannot withstand too much pressure.
This inflatable punching bag for kids is made using non-toxic material and has a circular base at the bottom. The bag is flexibly cut to improve the performance and has a fast bounce-back action. It comes with a ninja image on it and may motivate the children to throw some energetic punches.
- It measures 63 inches in height, which is large and ideal for children of any age.
- It is easy to assemble.
- It is made of soft material and does not harm the kids.
- It is not filled or inflated.
- It doesn’t come with a pump.
- It doesn’t come with a pair of gloves.
This small punching bag can be tied over the door to make the kids jump and workout. It can be adjusted as per the convenience of the kid’s height. It comes with a scoring system that encourages the kid to give their best shot. It is an ideal choice to improve hand-eye coordination, stamina, and physical fitness.
- It is easy to assemble, and there is no need to drill screws to hang it.
- It can be adjusted conveniently.
- The automatic scoring system keeps the action in check.
- The quality of the punching bag is not so good.
- It can be fixed over the door only, and not in other places.
Safety Tips To Consider
Here are a few things to remember to ensure the child’s safety when using a punching bag.
- Safety gear: When you are buying a solid punching bag (not inflatable) for them, make sure they are wearing gloves. And if they are practicing punching or boxing as a sport, then teach them the importance of headgear as well. It is best to get trained in boxing for sport only under the guidance of a professional.
- Rules: Explain to your children that a punching bag is given to them either to play or to practice as a sport or in the form of an exercise. Make sure they are not using the punching bag for venting out their extreme emotions, such as anger.
- Avoid excess play: Let the child understand that punching the bag for too long may be harmful for them. It is better if you set a timeline for them according to their age and purpose of using the punching bag.
Buying Guide For Kid’s Punching Bags
Here are some points that you need to keep in mind when buying punching bags for kids.
- Purpose: If you are looking for a punching bag to make your child workout, then you can get a heavier bag or a hanging bag that requires effort to hit. Otherwise, you can get an inflatable or lightweight punching bag for playing.
- Age: It is essential to get a punching bag according to the age of your child. If they are too young, say up to five years of age, then inflatable and lightweight bags are appropriate. If they are older or in their teens, then you may select a heavier punching bag.
- Brand and material: Whether the intention of the punching bag is for playing or practicing, it is essential to get a good-quality punching bag made of sturdy material and from a well-known brand. Otherwise, it may not last long.
- Types: There are various types of punching bags such as the hanging one, punching bag with a stand, speed bag, and an inflatable one. Consider the pros and cons to select the most suitable one.
Why Trust MomJunction?
Choosing good-quality punching bags for kids could help your kids learn fighting skills and do muscle strengthening exercises. After reviewing and analyzing some top-rated products on different platforms, we have compiled a list of the best punching bags for kids. We have also provided the products details, pros and cons of each recommended punching bag, along with some safety tips to consider while using one. The post also includes a buying guide section to help you pick the right one.
Frequently Answered Questions
- What material should be used to fill a beginner’s punching bag?
You may use fabric, water, sand, or rice grains to fill the beginner’s punching bag. Also, make sure that the bag is made of leather, canvas, or durable, high-quality vinyl material.
- What is the best size for a kid’s punching bag?
The right size of a punching bag should be according to the height and weight of the child. If your child is too young, then you may get a punching bag with an adjustable height feature. This way, your child may use it for many years.
A punching bag is not only a fun item to play with, but also a great piece of equipment to keep your little ones fit by letting them practice different martial art forms. When choosing a punching bag for your child, opt for one made of quality material and consider the type—hanging bag, punching bag with a stand, speed bag, and inflatable bag—that would be appropriate for your child’s age. Moreover, take all precautionary measures to ensure your child’s safety when using one.
- Best Sports Shoes For Kids
- Best Sports Board Games
- Best Basketballs For Kids
- Best Desk Toys For Your Workspace