Children love pretend-play and like imitating how adults behave or talk. So, make their dream come into reality by immersing them in your real-life shopping experience by getting them the best kids shopping carts.
They will love taking an interest in helping you out and learn to get their own things from the shopping aisle. How cute would it be to see them sprint and grab their favorite snack or put things in their carts as you instruct them what to do! Keep scrolling to find a shopping cart that your child will absolutely love.
Our Top Picks
11 Best Kids Shopping Carts
Are you looking for a shopping cart that looks practical? This is close to a realistic shopping cart with many child-friendly features. It is suitable for children aged three to six years and is made of heavy-gauge steel construction that makes it long-lasting. It has three main components — a basket, a base piece, and a fold-in seat. Check out this video to learn more about the product.
- Spring-loaded safety wheels with 360° pivot
- Easy-to-grip handle
- Support rods to keep the cart from tripping over
- Helps children build independence and responsibility
- Comes with an installation manual
- Wheels may be slightly noisy
- May have sharp edges
To give your little one a real-life shopping experience, give them this cute pink shopping cart that comes with realistic kitchen accessories. It is suitable for children aged three years and above and is small enough to let them hold it perfectly with their tiny hands.
- Made of recyclable and durable plastic
- Adjustable and easy-to-grab handle
- Durable plastic wheels are easy to push
- Smooth wheels do not scratch the floor
- Includes 22 realistic food items with accurate detailing
- May not be very stable
- Cart may be lightweight
Made with a metal frame, this toy shopping cart is close to the real one. It comes with a 24-piece grocery set that includes food items, fruits, and vegetables. The shopping cart is recommended for children aged three years and above.
- Made of durable metal
- Wheels are large and can pivot 360 degrees
- Has a bulky plastic handle for a good grip while pushing
- Includes a flip-open doll seat
- Spacious basket and lower compartment for storage
- Foldable frames for easy storage
- Encourages role-play
- May be smaller than you expect
- Basket may not be very sturdy
Bring home this cute doll-sized toy shopping cart. It is best for children to pretend-play grocery shopping with dolls. This toy shopping cart comes in bright red with a cute bunny design.
- Includes plastic food items such as fruits and vegetables
- Comes with two exclusive Shopkin toys
- Compact size and easy to push around
- Platform attached to place a doll while rolling the cart
- Size may be small
- May contain tiny pieces
Looking for a toy shopping cart that is durable and looks like the real one? This could be your best pick. The cart is made up of tough metal, making it suitable for indoors as well as outdoors. It is recommended for children aged three years and above.
- Made of a metal frame with sturdy wheels
- Has two compartments and a fold-open seat
- Plastic handle for easy grip
- Assembly required
- Comes in a gift-ready packaging
- May tip backward if the child puts additional weight on the handle
- Basket may not rest sturdily on the frame
For those who prefer plastic-free toys, this could be the best kids’ shopping cart. It is recommended for kids aged three years and up. The size of this toy shopping cart is compact for kids to handle it easily.
- Sturdy construction to give stability.
- Wooden frame polished with child-safe polish.
- Blue-colored wooden wheels rimmed with rubber.
- Not big enough for older kids.
This kids shopping cart is built to resemble a real shopping cart and comes with realistic food items, making it one of the best toy shopping carts. It is recommended for ages three and up. This cart also has a key deposit, which adds a bit of extra real-life shopping experience.
- Wide wheelbase, which provides stability.
- Has a chunky handle that is comfortable to hold and also gives a better grip.
- Comes in bright colors that catch your child’s attention.
- Promotes hand-to-eye coordination.
Colorful and lightweight, this shopping cart can be easily used by children aged three years and up. It also comes with 21 toy food items that are detailed to look realistic. It comes with a spacious basket for children to collect and place as many items as they want.
- Large wheelbase for extra stability and to push easily
- Easy-to-push wheels do not scratch any surface
- Easy-to-hold handle
- Comes with a spacious basket and a lower compartment
- Tested to comply with all domestic and international toy safety regulations
- Some accessories may look flimsy
- Handles may not stay put for long
Loaded with pretend food items and other child-friendly features, this is a toy that your children would enjoy playing with. Along with the toy vegetables and fruits, this shopping cart also comes with knives and cutting boards. So, let your children pretend to cook after shopping.
- Large wheels and a sturdy base to provide stability
- Comes with two baskets
- Rounded edges and perfect shapes
- Bulky handle for a good grip
- May be a little too lightweight
- Plastic veggies may not last long
This is one of the best kids’ shopping carts that comes with almost everything children need for pretend shopping and cooking. The toy shopping cart has 31 pieces that include plastic foods, knives, and cutlery. It is recommended for children aged three years and above.
- Detachable basket with handles
- Frame’s handle has a mat texture for a better grip
- Big tires with a spiral design make it easy to move
- Made of environmentally safe materials
- Toy pieces have rounded edges
- Size may be smaller than expected
- Not for children below three years
If you want a cart that is simple and easy to carry for your children, then this might be the right pick for you. This cart has a single basket with wheels and a handle to drag and push the cart along. This toy shopping cart comes in bright red with 24 pieces of food items, fruits, and vegetables.
- Easy-grip, ring-shaped, and adjustable handle
- Two large plastic wheels to support the basket
- Smooth wheel texture for maneuverability
- Fake currency and a card to give the child a real-time shopping experience
- Cart may be smaller than expected
- Has some tiny pieces
How To Choose The Right Kid’s Play Shopping Cart?
Here are some important points to keep in mind while buying your child a shopping cart.
- Safety: This should be the topmost point to check. Make sure you check the product features for safety information. Choose a shopping cart that has a sturdy base, has rounded edges, and that which is made of child-friendly, non-toxic materials.
- Material: Usually, these carts are made of metal, plastic, wood, or a combination of two. So, choose the one that is best suitable for your kid. Metal and wooden ones are more apt for older children, whereas plastic carts are suitable for younger kids.
- Add-ons: Many carts come with accessories such as plastic food items, toy currency, lockable doors. Check out the features and choose the one that fits in for your requirements.
Why Trust MomJunction?
Priti Bose is a product writer and likes to review and write about toys and gifts. She writes her articles after researching trustworthy sources. To put together this post on the best kids’ shopping carts, she has referred to various reviews online and chosen the ones that have been highly recommended. She added features of every product in the list to help you make the right choice.
Right from selecting healthy products to doing mental math, introducing your child to the best kids’ shopping carts and taking them shopping with you can teach them many practical lessons. These carts can hold multiple products and be pushed around easily. However, before buying a shopping cart, check if it is durable and made from non-toxic materials. Also, check if the cart can be adjusted to suit your child’s height. For extra fun, you could pick a shopping cart with accessories such as toy currency and plastic food items.
- Best Gripe Water
- Best Toddler Step Stool
- Best Baby Food Storage Containers
- Best Baby Shopping Cart Covers
View Profile ›