Children love pretend-play and like imitating how adults behave or talk. So, make their dream come into reality by immersing them in your real-life shopping experience by getting them the best kids shopping carts.
They will love taking an interest in helping you out and learn to get their own things from the shopping aisle. How cute would it be to see them sprint and grab their favorite snack or put things in their carts as you instruct them what to do! Keep scrolling to find a shopping cart that your child will absolutely love.
11 Best Kids Shopping Carts
Are you looking for a shopping cart that looks practical? This is close to a realistic shopping cart with many child-friendly features. It is suitable for children aged three to six years and is made of heavy-gauge steel construction that makes it long-lasting. It has three main components — a basket, a base piece, and a fold-in seat. Check out this video to learn more about the product.
- Spring-loaded safety wheels with 360° pivot
- Easy-to-grip handle
- Support rods to keep the cart from tripping over
- Helps children build independence and responsibility
- Comes with an installation manual
- Wheels may be slightly noisy
- May have sharp edges
Let your child experience the fun of shopping with the Little Tikes portable toy cart. The cart has sturdy basket walls to keep all the items in the basket secure. Its deep basket design ensures your child can load as many items as they can. It doubles as an educational toy and helps enhance your child’s language skills and confidence as they engage in pretend play with other children.
- Has a doll seat inside the basket
- Comes with a separate storage space underneath
- Features secure handlebar
- Bright colors
- Rear wheels may not stay in place
- May tip over if loaded excessively
Made with a metal frame, this toy shopping cart is close to the real one. It comes with a 24-piece grocery set that includes food items, fruits, and vegetables, making an ideal set of role-play toys. The folding shopping cart is easy to store and recommended for children aged three years and above.
- Made of durable metal
- Wheels are large and can pivot 360 degrees
- Has a bulky plastic handle for a good grip while pushing
- Includes a flip-open doll seat
- Spacious basket and lower compartment for storage
- Foldable frames for easy storage
- Encourages role-play
- May be smaller than you expect
- Basket may not be very sturdy
4. Best Lightweight: Step2 Little Helper’s Shopping Cart
Boost your child’s motor skill development as they pretend to stock the goods in the Step2 Little Helper’s shopping cart. The lightweight design of the shopping cart allows your child to maneuver it easily. Moreover, the smooth molded wheels and the long handle help your child push the cart easily on even surfaces. In addition, the additional space underneath the basket allows your child to store more pretend groceries.
- Has a large basket space
- Includes a doll seat
- Develops motor skills
- Compact design
- Assembling the wheels can be challenging
- May attract dirt easily
5. Best Educational:Boley My First Shopping Cart
Gift your child the Boley’s My First toddler shopping cart to encourage imaginative play. The cart comes with an easy-to-assemble design with no additional tools required. Crafted per ASTM and Sedex standards with high-quality plastic, it not only assures durability but also allows safe playtime. This shopping cart offers spacious storage with a doll seat, allowing your child to place their favorite doll. It also has a handlebar to push or pull the cart conveniently.
- Includes pretend food accessories
- Bright colors
- Easy-to-push and -pull handlebar
- Available in two colors
- May not come with storage space underneath
- Wheels may not be wide enough
For those who prefer plastic-free toys, this could be the best kids’ shopping cart. It is recommended for kids aged three years and up. The size of this toy shopping cart is compact for kids to handle it easily.
- Sturdy construction to give stability.
- Wooden frame polished with child-safe polish.
- Blue-colored wooden wheels rimmed with rubber.
- Not big enough for older kids.
This kid’s shopping cart is built to resemble a real shopping cart and comes with realistic-looking food items to facilitate kid’s pretend shopping. It is recommended for ages three and up. This cart also has a key deposit, which adds a bit of extra real-life shopping experience.
- Wide wheelbase, which provides stability.
- Has a chunky handle that is comfortable to hold and also gives a better grip.
- Comes in bright colors that catch your child’s attention.
- Promotes hand-to-eye coordination.
Colorful and lightweight, this shopping cart can be easily used by children aged three years and up. It also comes with 21 toy food items that are detailed to look realistic. This pretend grocery shopping cart comes with a spacious basket for children to collect and place as many items as they want.
- Large wheelbase for extra stability and to push easily
- Easy-to-push wheels do not scratch any surface
- Easy-to-hold handle
- Comes with a spacious basket and a lower compartment
- Tested to comply with all domestic and international toy safety regulations
- Some accessories may look flimsy
- Handles may not stay put for long
Loaded with pretend food items and other child-friendly features, this is a toy that your children would enjoy playing with. Along with the toy vegetables and fruits, this shopping cart also comes with knives and cutting boards. So, encourage social skills and let your children pretend to cook after shopping.
- Large wheels and a sturdy base to provide stability
- Comes with two baskets
- Rounded edges and perfect shapes
- Bulky handle for a good grip
- May be a little too lightweight
- Plastic veggies may not last long
10. Best With Swivel Wheels:Kookamunga Kids 2-in-1 Shopping Cart
The cart comes with a durable steel frame to prevent tipping when loaded with groceries. It also has spring-loaded swivel wheels for easy maneuverability. The removable basket encourages your child to use it independently for fewer goods and attach it to the frame for more goods. In addition, a separate doll seat enables your child to place large-size dolls as it is secured with a protective rail.
- Includes a wide storage space underneath
- Comes with an easy-grip handle
- Helps stimulate your child’s imagination
- Easy to set up
- Frame may not be rust-resistant
- Some pieces may not stay in place
If you want a cart that is simple and easy to carry for your children, then this might be the right pick for you. This miniature grocery cart has a single basket with wheels and a handle to drag and push the cart along. This toy shopping cart comes in bright red with 24 pieces of food items, fruits, and vegetables.
- Easy-grip, ring-shaped, and adjustable handle
- Two large plastic wheels to support the basket
- Smooth wheel texture for maneuverability
- Fake currency and a card to give the child a real-time shopping experience
- Cart may be smaller than expected
- Has some tiny pieces
How To Choose The Right Kid’s Play Shopping Cart?
Here are some important points to keep in mind while buying your child a shopping cart.
- Safety: This should be the topmost point to check. Make sure you check the product features for safety information. Choose a shopping cart that has a sturdy base, has rounded edges, and that which is made of child-friendly, non-toxic materials.
- Material: Usually, these carts are made of metal, plastic, wood, or a combination of two. So, choose the one that is best suitable for your kid. Metal and wooden ones with non-toxic finish are more apt for older children, whereas plastic carts are suitable for younger kids.
- Add-ons: Many carts come with accessories such as plastic food items, toy currency, lockable doors. Check out the features and choose the one that fits in for your requirements.
Why Trust MomJunction?
Priti Bose is a product writer and likes to review and write about toys and gifts. She writes her articles after researching trustworthy sources. To put together this post on the best kids’ shopping carts, she has referred to various reviews online and chosen the ones that have been highly recommended. She added features of every product in the list to help you make the right choice.
Right from selecting healthy products to doing mental math, introducing your child to the best kids’ shopping carts and taking them shopping with you can teach them many practical lessons. These carts can hold multiple products and be pushed around easily. However, before buying a shopping cart, check if it is durable and made from non-toxic materials. Also, check if the cart can be adjusted to suit your child’s height. For extra fun, you could pick a shopping cart with accessories such as toy currency and plastic food items.
Infographic: Buying The Right Shopping Cart For Your Child
Giving your child a shopping cart can help improve their motor skills. In addition, shopping for their essentials can make children feel more independent and confident. Read through the infographic to find an appropriate shopping cart for your little one.
- Best Gripe Water
- Best Toddler Step Stool
- Best Baby Food Storage Containers
- Best Baby Shopping Cart Covers