The best kids’ sports shoes ensure protection and support your little one’s growing feet. These sports shoes vary in shape, size, and color, and you can choose the right one depending on the sport your child plays.
In addition to comfort, these kids’ shoes offer high functionality, durability, and quality assurance. They have a firm grip that helps prevent the possibility of any injury or leg sprain. Check out our list of the best-selling sports shoes that enable children to play their favorite outdoor sport for hours.
24 Best Kids’ Sports Shoes To Buy
If you are looking for long-term usage of shoes, here is a list of some of the best kids sports shoes to choose from.
1. Best Breathable: Adidas Originals Kids’ Pro Spark Basketball Shoe
These basketball shoes from Adidas are designed to offer comfort and traction. The knitted mesh is breathable, and the sturdy synthetic sole offers great grip. These shoes are available in seven different colors. This video goes into detail about the features and uses of the blanket.
- Good-quality material used
- Comfortable shoe
- Kids will have to know how to tie the lace since it has no Velcro option
2. Best With Cushioning Sole: New Balance KJ990V4 Running Shoe
It is specifically designed to fit a toddler’s feet and offers utmost comfort to their feet while running or walking. No matter what terrain the kids run on, these sports shoes from New Balance have a cushioning sole, which offers utmost protection to the child’s tender feet. Here’s a review video detailing a tester’s experience that will allow you to make the right choice.
- It has c- cap midsole
- Sturdy and strong rubber sole
- Made of leather
- Lightweight and comfortable
- Laces are a little longer and can become a hindrance when not tied properly
3. Best For Impact Protection: Under Armour Grade School Assert 9 Running Shoe
The Under Armour Assert 9 running shoe is crafted with a durable rubber outsole to prevent slips and falls. These cushioned running shoes with quality craftsmanship have a lightweight upper mesh for breathability. In addition, the EVA sock liner keeps your child’s feet comfortable throughout the day.
- Has leather overlays for stability
- Adequate impact protection
- Available in various colors
- Padded cushioning for extra comfort when walking
- May run small
- Shoes may have a rubber smell
Best With Cushioning Sole
Best For Impact Protection
|Adidas Originals Kids’ Pro Spark Basketball Shoe||New Balance KJ990V4 Running Shoe||Under Armour Grade School Assert 9 Running Shoe|
|Buy Now||Buy Now||Buy Now|
4. Best Sturdy: Adidas Cloudfoam Ultimate Shoes Kids’
Comfort with style is what these sports shoes promise to deliver. The sturdy design and traction makes them durable and ideal for running and walking. The three seamless stripes on the side of the shoes give it a trendy look.
- Breathable knitted cloth
- Rubber soles
- Comfortable to wear
- Cloud foam cushioning for the springy feel
- They have laces, and may not be easy for the younger kids to handle
5. Best For Everyday Wear: Avia Avi-Storm Girls’ Sneakers
Walk or run freely without worrying about skidding with the Avia Avi-Storm sneakers. The sneakers, known for their quality craftsmanship, are designed with a rugged soleplate to provide a good grip while walking. In addition, the thick yet lightweight rubber sole of the sports sneakers withstands daily use and keeps your child comfortable, making it a favorite among many sports enthusiasts. The simple lace-tie model helps you adjust easily for a snug fit.
- Features breathable mesh
- Available in versatile colors
- Comes with EVA midsole and removable EVA sock
- Has a rear pull loop
- May be slightly stiff
- May be a bit large for toddlers
6. Best Flexible: Dadawen Athletic Running Shoes
The Dadawen breathable sneakers are designed with a hook-and-loop closure for a secure fit. It comes with a mesh upper that keeps the feet dry and comfortable. As per reviews, the flexible outsole offers freedom of movement when running. In addition, the non-slip rubber sole provides adequate traction and prevents you from falling.
- Soft and lightweight
- Machine washable
- Has a padded collar and tongue
- Features a stylish elastic lace design
- Easy to put on and take off
- Seams underneath the laces may cause discomfort for some
- May not be suitable for wide feet
7. Best With Breathable Mesh: Nike Free Run
This model of Nike’s sports shoes is designed with a tri-star outsole pattern and provides great traction with flexible cushioning. They have a sturdy rubber sole that makes it ideal for high-impact activities. Check out this simple review video to learn more about these running and walking shoes.
- Breathable mesh
- Made of synthetic and leather
- Rounded heel for natural footstrike
- Breathable mesh material
- Ideal for only 8 to 12-years-old kids
8. Best Stylish: Soulsfeng Olympic Graffiti Sneaker
Jog, hike, walk or play sports comfortably with the Soulsfeng Graffiti sneaker. The unique print makes the sneaker easy to pair with outfits of different colors for any occasion. In addition, these sneakers are designed with anti-skid rubber soles that offer a good grip for swift movements, making them the ideal outdoor and indoor court shoes.
- Anti-twist and abrasion-resistant sole
- Removable insoles
- Stretchable upper to accommodate wide feet
- Keeps the feet odor-free
- Suitable for indoors and outdoors
- Has pull loops to put on easily
- May run small
- May be less suitable for arched feet
9. Best Round Toe Design: Dream Pairs Running Shoes
Keep your feet dry with the breathable Dream Pairs tennis running shoes. Designed with a mesh upper and mesh lining, it ensures adequate air circulation as you walk or run. These track shoes come with elastic laces and hook-and-loop closure to facilitate convenient wearing and removal. The flexible midsole and rounded toe design keep you comfy when you’re on your feet for several hours.
- Lightweight midsole and cushioned insole
- Padded tongue and collar
- Comes with slip-resistant midsoles
- Suitable for both narrow and wide feet
- Available in different colors
- Velcro may not be durable
- May not be machine washable
10. Best Non-Marking: Hawkwell Running Shoes
If you’re looking for a pair of lightweight sports shoes that add to the look of the outfit, these running shoes by Hawkwell are worth considering. Designed with a fabric knit upper, it delivers style and a snug fit. Tested by multiple reviewers, the shoe has a memory foam insole that feels light and keeps you comfortable when jumping or skipping. In addition, the running shoes come with two-way wearing—lace-up and slip-on designs.
- Has an anti-slip phylon outsole
- Suitable for intensive activities
- Mesh lining to keep the feet dry
- Waterproof upper
- Non-marking, durable sole
- Laces may not be durable
- Color may fade gradually
11. Best With Excellent Grip: Vizari Stealth FG Soccer-Shoes
The Vizari soccer cleat shoes for kids offer great comfort and an excellent grip of the ground on the soccer field. They have been designed to keep the child comfortable throughout the game.
- Durable and strong with anti-stretch lining
- Collar lining for comfort
- Padded heel
- Rubber sole
- Parents say that it is best to buy a size bigger than your child’s present shoe size
12. Best Lightweight: Dream Pairs Athletic Soccer Football Cleats Shoes
These football and soccer shoes from DreamPairs are designed to offer a great grip and control on the ground, especially on a soft or damp field. They come with a two-color synthetic texture and offer great comfort and maximum durability.
- Molded rubber outsole reduces the pressure and offers better control
- Breathable textile lining
- Cushioned insole
- Some customers felt that the fit is tight for narrow ankles
13. Best With Adjustable Ankle Strap: Nike Kids’ Mogan Mid 2 Jr Skateboarding Shoes
This trusted skateboarding shoe from Nike makes a good choice for children aged between 8 and 12 years. They are available in various colors and keep the child comfortable throughout the day. Their iconic style makes them trendy too.
- Perforations near the toe area assure breathability
- Foam padded collar to lock the foot
- Adjustable ankle strap for a secure fit
- Tying the really long laces of these shoes can be a hassle
These football shoes from T&B are made of thermoplastic urethane and are designed to offer great traction on hard ground and turf. They also offer greater control on the ball over the turf. Moreover, these shoes are available in multiple color options.
- Lightweight and comfortable
- Traditional and standard lace-style closure
- Smooth waterproof upper
- Sturdy rubber soles
- A quick and cheap option for a child who is just starting with soccer or football, so the quality may not be as expected
Leave behind the complicated lace design with the Skechers ultra-flex groovin vibe sneakers. It has a simple slip-on closure, making it easy for the little ones to put on their shoes. This shoe has a flexible outsole for better traction on different terrains and being machine-washable makes it easy to clean. In addition, this slip-on shoe is crafted with Skechers air-cooled memory foam cushion to keep you comfortable during high-impact activities.
- Has an attractive tie-and-dye print
- Four-way stretchable
- Has a pull loop for easy wear
- Features a synthetic sole
- Size may be smaller than expected
- May not be suitable for rock climbing
Walk or hike on uneven terrain effortlessly with the Salomon Alphacross blast trail running shoes. The shoe is designed with a mud contagrip outsole with lugs to offer excellent grip on different terrains, including muddy or soft surfaces. It comes with an EVA foam midsole to minimize shock or impacts. In addition, the high-performance shoe has upper woven nylon fabric to resist wear and tear.
- Has a soft lining for added comfort
- Available in three color variants
- Ideal for everyday use
- May not be water-resistant
A simple, casual design makes this tennis sneaker from Adituo the perfect sportswear for kids. Its knitted fabric construction allows the foot to breathe. The casual pair comes with hook-and-loop closure and offers maximum range in the movement.
- Toe-cap anti-collision design
- Flexible outsole for good movement
- Some customers felt that the Velcro detaches after a few uses
These roller skating shoes for kids from SDSpeed have been designed to offer a smooth glide. It comes with LED lighting at the base, which gives it a trendy and sporty look.
- High-quality material
- Wear-resistant rubber sole
- The LED battery cannot be replaced
Keep your child’s feet dry with the Jazz Hook-and-Loop Sneakers by Saucony. The performance shoes feature a suede and mesh upper for breathability and a lightweight design that makes it easy for your child to walk or run on different terrains. Moreover, the tried-and-tested pair includes an anti-stink lining to prevent odors.
- EVA midsole for improved cushioning
- Non-marking and durable rubber outsole
- Easily adjustable closure
- May attract dirt quickly
- Velcro may be stiff
Asics’ gel-contend shoes offer durability and comfort to help your kid move on any terrain. The breathable mesh lining ensures sweat-free feet. Its sturdy rubber sole also offers great traction and the gel cushioning system absorbs shocks in the rear portion of the feet.
- Reinforced stitched toe cap for durability
- Minimize the shock impact on foot
- Lace-up closure for a snug fit
- Breathable mesh lining
- Removable sock liner
- Some customers felt that the laces start to fray after a couple of weeks of use
These tennis shoes from Feetmat are ideal for running and walking, offering quality assurance. The durable outsole offers great cushioning and enables anti-slip performance. It is ideal for outdoor and indoor sports, and can also be used as casual or sportswear.
- Cushioned insole
- Two type closures: hook-and-loop and lace-up styles
- Anti-twist and abrasion-resistant
- Knitted mesh can wear off after several uses
These running shoes from Adidas are available in a wide size range suitable for toddlers to big kids. They offer a comfortable fit and great traction while running. The kids’ shoes come in a number of colors to choose from.
- Synthetic sturdy sole
- Regular fit
- Lace closure
- The shoe has an upper cloth material, which can tear easily
Nike shoes offer durability and comfort to help your kid move on any terrain. The breathable mesh lining ensures sweat-free feet. The sturdy rubber sole offers great traction, and its phylon midsole provides lightweight cushioning.
- Deep flex grooves for a good motion
- Breathable mesh
- Ideal for wearing every day
- The fabric may rip owing to a rough use
These watersports shoes from Vifuur are designed to offer great comfort and to protect the feet from being hurt by sharp objects. It is suitable as a cycling shoe or for other activities like yoga training, kayaking, weight training, swimming, walking, and jogging.
- Sturdy rubber soles
- Smooth neck design prevents chafing
- Breathable, smooth fabric
- Flexible and comfortable
- Some customers felt that the stitching might wear out
Things To Consider While Buying Kids Sports Shoes
Different sports warrant different leg movement and training, and the shoes the child wears must support that. Along with that, here is what you should consider before buying sports shoes for your kid.
- Price and size: As children grow, their shoe size increases. Investing too much on sports shoes, early on, can become an expensive venture. So, make sure to invest moderately without compromising on quality. Also, do not go for a bigger size as it can cause fitting issues, which, in turn, could lead to injuries. You can also test different sizes before purchasing the kids’ shoes.
- Comfort: Kids can’t keep the shoes on for long if they aren’t comfortable in them. So look for shoes that provide excess cushioning and keep the heel stable and protected.
- Durability: Look for shoes that are constructed using good-quality fabric and sole material, and have undergone durability evaluation.
- Flexibility: Sports activities require a lot of movement, and hence, it is necessary to ensure that the shoes offer flexibility.
- Lace/Velcro strap: While buying shoes for older kids, you can look for shoes with lace. However, younger children may not be able to tie the lace, so a Velcro strap option is a better idea.
- Reviews: Go through the reviews of the product to understand more about its pros and cons.
Why Trust MomJunction?
In this post, we have collated a list of good-quality sports shoes for kids to meet the needs of your little sports enthusiast. We have considered the specifications of each product, such as high-quality material, breathable meshed design, padded and sturdy soles before preparing this list. We strive to select time-tested products that enhance your child’s performance without compromising comfort. You may also read the pros and cons of each product along with the buying guide to find the right sports shoes.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. How are long-distance running shoes different from short distance running shoes?
The long-distance running shoes are much lighter than the short distance running shoes.
2. How to clean sports shoes?
They can be put in a washing machine for a gentle wash in cold water or cleaned using a damp cloth.
3. At what age do kids need dedicated sports shoes?
Children as young as four years need dedicated sports shoes if they actively participate in a sport like running. Dedicated sports shoes are constructed to withstand impact and keep your little one comfortable even while they jump, run, or do any physical activity.
4. Is it wrong to get sports shoes a size up so that kids can grow into them?
It might be tempting to buy shoes with size up. But buying shoes with a slightly bigger size than actual size makes them uncomfortable. This may also make them fall.
5. How do I know when it’s time to discard a pair of kids’ sports shoes?
Usually, children outgrow their shoes fast. However, if you observe any wear and tear near toes or sides, it’s time to discard the old shoes and replace them with a new pair.
Whether your child is a sports enthusiast or you are introducing them to the world of fitness, there is a sports shoe made for your little one. Highly functional and durable, these shoes allow your children to participate in their favorite sports without interruption. When choosing the best sports shoes for your kid, ensure they are made from high-quality material, provide adequate cushioning, and have a velcro closure so they are easy to use. We recommend the Avia Avi-Storm Girls’ Sneakers, which are lightweight with breathable mesh; the Under Armour Grade School Assert 9 Running Shoe, which has adequate cushioning; and the New Balance Running Shoe for all-terrain use.
Infographic: Things To Consider When Buying Sports Shoes For Children
Sports shoes with the right fit facilitate your child’s performance while providing adequate comfort. However, selecting the perfect pair that best suits your child can be tricky. So, check out the following infographic to learn about the key factors to consider when buying sports shoes for your little one.
- OrthoInfo: Athletic Shoes
- Best Summer Shoes For Toddlers
- Best Water Shoes For Kids And Toddlers
- Best Baby Shoes
- Best Tennis Shoes For Kids