Most children love spending time outdoors, rain or shine. Having a pair of winter gloves on is a must when they engage in winter activities like skiing, snowball fights, and building a snowman.
Good-quality winter gloves keep their hands warm and protected from the cold winter breeze. They give the proper insulation, comfort, and some also have unique features, like reflective straps, and touchscreen-compatibility.
Read on as we list some of the best winter gloves for kids to buy online to make their winter activities comfortable and enjoyable.
11 Best Winter Gloves For Kids
The Zelda Matilda winter gloves for kids in the mitten style offer great warmth to the hands. They are made of high-quality taslon and Thinsulate on the exterior and fleece lining within. The gloves are perfect for winter activities such as snowboarding, skiing, and snow fights. They come in five sizes and can fit children aged from one to eight years. You will find them in 15 different eye-catching colors.
- Hook-and-loop closure for a tight, sealed fit
- Extra-long cuff prevents cold air and snow from getting inside
- Moisture-wicking inner fleece lining
- Non-slip grips on the palms
- Flexible thumb design allows free movement
- Easy to wear and remove
- Sizes may run big
The N’Ice Caps winter gloves are made of 3M Thinsulate lined shell and 2.5-inch knit cuffs. They are waterproof and keep your child’s hands dry in snowy, icy, and wet conditions. The cool camo prints on the gloves make them excellent wear for kids during winter activities such as skiing and sledding. These gloves have elastic in the wrist area that allows easy wear. They come in four different sizes for children aged from six to 15 years. The camo-print gloves are available in 12 different colors.
- 3M Thinsulate insulation offers comfort
- Knitted cuff can be tucked underneath the sleeves to prevent snow from getting inside
- Curved fingers and seamless fingertips provide a snug and comfortable fit
- Hook-and-loop closure for a tight and secure fit
- Integrated waterproof membrane prevents water and snow from entering the gloves
- Lightweight and non-bulky
- Easy to wear and adjust
- Could be a bit bulky for some kids
These winter sports gloves are made of 100% polyester shell and a polyester and rayon lining blend. The combination of materials keeps the child’s hands warm and protected during any snowy adventure. There are six different color options to choose from, and the gloves are available in two sizes—small and medium—that fit children of ages six to ten.
- Polyfill interlining keeps the hands warm inside
- Rhombic pattern PU leather offers a good grip and feel
- Buckle reduces the chances of gloves being lost
- Nylon knit cuffs resist cold and wind
- Hook-and-loop fastener for a secure fit
- Mixed reviews on durability
The Amyipo winter gloves for kids are designed for use while skiing and snowboarding. They are water-resistant and can be used in all weather conditions for warmth. You can pick them as a perfect holiday gift for your children of ages four and five years. They are available in five bright color options.
- Thick fleece lining keeps the hands warm
- Anti-slip design provides grip
- Anti-lost rope design to keep them intact
- Lightweight and soft
- Not waterproof, only water-resistant
These warm winter gloves for kids are ideal for various outdoor snow activities. They are perfect for protecting the child’s hands when they are involved in activities such as snowboarding, skiing, and hiking. The soft nylon lining, the velour filling, and polyester padding give the hands a comfortable feel. They come in three sizes: small for two to four-year-old kids, medium for six to eight-year-old children, and large for eight to ten-year-old children. You can choose one of the 15 different colors.
- Warm and breathable insulation keeps the hands warm and cozy
- Snowproof, splash-resistant, and wear-resistant
- Long cuffs prevent cold air, snow, and dirt from entering the gloves
- Wrist strap with a buckle for a custom fit
- Anti-slip PU palm for a firm grip
- Sizes may not be accurate
The Vbiger sport-style gloves are touchscreen-friendly and equipped with 2018 upgraded touchscreen conductive fabric on the thumb and index fingers. Made of stretchy Lycra fabric and fleece lining, they offer warmth and comfort. Your kid can use them indoors and outdoors for activities such as ball games, winter running, walking, bicycling, and more. They are available in small, medium, and large sizes and fit children aged four to ten years.
- Double-layered cuffs provide a snug fit
- Sensitive touchscreen
- Anti-skid silicone prints on the palms and fingertips increase friction and prevent slipping
- Reflective strips useful during the night
- Can be used as glove liners for bike gloves or ski gloves during cold and snowy days
- Fleece lining may shed easily
- Available in only two colors, black and gray
The Tough Outdoors kids’ winter gloves are made of nylon shell fabric and synthetic leather palm. They are suitable for wear while skiing and snowboarding. Your child will get all the needed hand protection when playing in the snow or rain. They come in black, pink, and blue and five different sizes that can fit children of ages five to 12.
- Waterproof and super-durable
- Provides warmth and comfort
- Synthetic leather palm offers an improved grip
- Keeps up the pace of kids and delivers reliable protection
- Adjustable elastic cuff and wrist strap for a correct fit
- Sizes may run big
The Sanremo Fashions cold weather ski gloves are made of premium-quality nylon shell and polyester lining. They are unisex gloves available in various colors to match your child’s taste. The gloves keep the hands warm at all times in cold weather conditions. You can find them in different sizes to fit children aged four to 16 years.
- Durable gloves
- Soft fleece insulate lining is soft and comfortable
- Grippers on the thumb and palm area make them ideal snow gloves
- Stretch cuffs prevent cold and snow from getting inside the gloves
- Clip to keep the pair together
- Fleece lining may shed easily
The Cooraby knitted magic gloves are made with a blend of cotton, spandex, and acrylic fibers. The exciting gloves for kids come in several fun color options and two different sizes for children aged six to 16 years. Each pack includes six pairs of gloves ideal for traveling, camping, school routing, and other outdoor activities.
- Soft and comfortable
- Elastic ribbed sleeves prevent cold air from entering the gloves
- Stretchable and easy to wear
- Protects from frostbite and gives warmth
- May shrink on washing
The Lethmik cold weather gloves are made of high-quality acrylic fabric and 100% wool lining. They are simple knitted gloves with a two-finger touchscreen design that is functional when the gloves are worn right. They are available in one size and stretchable to fit most kids’ hands.
- Great craftsmanship involved in creating quality, solid color gloves for kids
- Convenient touchscreen experience on mobiles, tablet computers, and other touchscreen devices
- Superior elasticity and provides warmth
- Soft, comfortable, and lightweight
- Not waterproof; only water-resistant
- Not machine-washable
The Azarxis warm winter gloves for kids are made of 100% polyester, cotton, and smooth fleece lining to keep the hands warm on winter days. They are versatile and can be used for skiing, cycling, hunting, hiking, skating, snowboarding, walking, and other outdoor activities. You will find them in two sizes: small for seven to eight-year-olds and medium for nine to fourteen-year-olds. There are six bright colors to choose from for your kid.
- Diamond-shaped PU leather palm prevents from slipping, and increases wear resistance
- Skin-friendly thick fleece provides warmth and comfort
- Lightweight, soft, and breathable fabric
- Nylon knit cuffs prevent cold air from entering the gloves
- Convenient snap-on anti-lost buckle
- Velcro strap with adjustable elastic wrist
- Size may run small
How To Choose The Right Winter Gloves For Kids?
You will find winter gloves in various designs and models. Therefore, making the right decision is important before purchasing them. Some important factors you should consider for buying the best winter gloves for kids are as follows.
- Activities: Select the gloves based on the winter activities your child enjoys. If they like to play in the snow and build snowmen or forts, go for waterproof gloves. If they spend a lot of time outside in cold weather, get insulated gloves that can keep them warm for extended periods. For winter sports such as skiing and snowboarding, buy gloves with sport-specific features.
- Size: The size of children’s gloves is based on their age. Some manufacturers have detailed charts, including hand measurements that will help you find the correct size.
- Warmth: Winter gloves either feature special 3M Thinsulate insulation or polar fleece lining. They provide warmth and comfort during cold weather conditions.
- Adjustability: Consider adjustable gloves at the wrist region as they give the best fit and protection. Choose one with an elastic wristband, buckle, or Velcro strap to get a custom fit.
- Durability: Winter gloves should provide optimal protection and last long. Kids’ gloves may be prone to wear and tear, especially when the child is active. Therefore, consider a durable pair of gloves after reading the specifications and reviews.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Are leather gloves better for my child?
Leather gloves are always a better option as they are durable and provide warmth. But they need to be maintained and washed regularly to improve durability.
2. Should I buy glove liners for my child?
Gloves liners are usually worn under the gloves for additional warmth in extremely cold conditions. They are thin, made of breathable material, and well-insulated. You may consider buying them if your child’s hands become cold quickly.
The best gloves are the ones that meet your child’s winter needs. As a parent, you know their preferences and safety profile better than anyone. So, get the best inter gloves for them to play happily and comfortably outdoors, even in cold winter months.