To prevent your children from becoming screen addicts, encourage their artistic and creative side by getting them the best kids’ workbenches. That’s right! As tools meant for adults should be kept out of children’s reach, you can buy them their own little alternatives and watch them create masterpieces on that workbench.
This carefully curated list includes colorful workbenches that are durable. Moreover, these workbenches are safe for children. So, keep scrolling and choose the right workbench for your little one.
Our Top Picks
13 Best Kids Workbenches
The workshop desk is designed with lights and sounds to offer a fun playing time. It is suitable for a child who enjoys building and repairing stuff at home and likes to play with tools. This kids’ tool bench is ideal for children who are above three years of age. If you need further convincing, check this YouTuber’s review out.
- Kid-friendly design
- Contains 75 accessories and tools
- Has a flexible light for work
- Measures 38×16.2x21in
- Develops motor skills and encourages imaginative play
- May not be durable
- Battery-operated tool, may not work for long
You can gift this kids’ builder workbench to your child if they like hammering and using screwdrivers. It is a real-life simulation bench that children can fix and build as many times as they want. The size of the pieces is big enough for kids.
- Contains 35 pieces
- Includes screws, bolts, nuts, and gears
- Has convenient storage space
- Height can be adjusted
- Colorful and practical design
- Dull finishing
- Not all parts fit well
Your little one can hammer nails and cut the make-believe wood with this workshop bench. It includes big but lightweight tools and accessories that are safe and convenient for children to play with. The tool bench is colorful and attractive.
- Comes with 11 accessories
- Kid-friendly and convenient
- Made of lightweight plastic
- Has additional storage space
- Helps develop hand-eye coordination
- Small in size
- May not be suitable for older toddlers
The kid’s wooden workbench is made of superior-quality wood, which makes it safe and durable. It is sturdy and has a kid-friendly design, suiting the requirements of children aged three to six years. The workbench comes with several accessories to keep your child occupied.
- Comes with a storage shelf
- Measures 26x24x19in
- Safe and long-lasting
- Includes a tool rack, hardware, and wooden tools
- Could encourage creativity and stir imagination
- Pieces may not fit well
- Assembling may not be easy
The tool bench is made of plastic and has plenty of accessories, including a hammer, nuts, nails, bolts, and a drill. Children can enjoy pretend play by drilling holes and hammering nails safely.
- Contains 65 accessories
- Has two storage spaces
- Pieces are made of foam wood
- Kid-friendly design and construction
- Can help improve critical thinking and motor skills
- Some pieces do not fit properly
- May not last long
Your child can use standard tools, such as a hammer, saw, and a screwdriver, with this pretend play kids’ workbench. It is made of safe wood that is free of BPH and toxic substances. The wood is stained and smoothly finished so that it doesn’t harm your child.
- Attractive design
- Set includes five tools
- Has storage space at the bottom
- Easy to assemble and play with
- Safe and durable
- Toy pieces are a tad small
- May not be suitable for younger children
Your child can have a good playtime alone or with friends with this car station or kids’ workbench. It is an interactive tool that communicates with children and tells them what to do next. Children can play different games such as fix it fast, free play, blueprints, and tool trivia.
- Includes more than 40 accessories
- App is compatible with Android and iPhone
- Smart learning tool
- Comes with nine interactive tools
- Creative and durable design
- May not be ideal for very young children
Made of wood, this tool bench is sturdy and durable and includes regular tools, such as a screwdriver, hammer, and more. The bench can be assembled conveniently by following the instructions given.
- Includes 14 pretend tools and accessories
- Has two storage bins
- Measures 21.5×14.8×31.5in in size
- Practical and attractive design
- Convenient and long-lasting
- Some accessories may not clamp
The kids’ workbench includes several pretend-play tools, such as a wrench, power drill, hammer, screwdriver, and saw. It also has a pegboard to hang the tools. It is a simple tool bench set ideal to gift children aged three years and above.
- Includes 22 accessories
- Has additional storage space
- Made of faux wood
- Has a sturdy and durable top
- Practical, lightweight, and convenient
- May not be easy to assemble
This colorful workbench for kids by Robud is great for developing children’s hand-eye coordination and social skills. It also makes your children more imaginative as they role-play with different tools, such as a hammer, saw, gears, wrench, screwdriver, and screws.
- Made of high-quality wood
- Durable construction
- Does not require metal screws
- Easy to assemble
- Great gift option
- Screws may not be durable
If your child is enthusiastic about science, then they would love this scientific workbench with different tools for pretend experimenting. It has a colorful and interesting design and playing with it can improve your child’s motor skills and hand-eye coordination.
- Includes 79 pieces
- Has round edges for safety
- Kid-friendly and durable design
- Can be used to conduct plenty of experiments
- Includes a gravity vehicle, wind maker, and rotating light
- May not be easy to assemble
The tool bench is designed keeping in mind the requirements of a toddler. The pirate-themed workbench comes with different accessories, including bolts, a hammer, screwdriver, and wrench. Your child can pretend to be a builder and role-play with friends.
- Contains 43 pieces
- Made of good quality wood material
- Provides knowledge about various tools
- 20in tall
- Ideal for children aged three years and above
- May not be durable or sturdy
The interactive workstation for kids can also play sounds to keep your child entertained. It needs two AA batteries and comes with a variety of accessories. The tool bench is designed creatively and is recommended for children aged three years and above.
- Contains 52 tools and accessories
- Includes a saw, hammer, and wrench
- Functions like a real work station
- Practical and kid-friendly design
- Doesn’t have storage space
- May not be easy to assemble
How To Choose The Right Workbench For Kids?
With so many options available, you may get confused in selecting the right one. Following these tips could help you out.
- Size: Make it a point to check the height and width of the workstation for kids. Ideally, the work stations have a fixed height measuring 33 to 36 inches. Check if it is compatible with your child’s height and is not too low or too high. Also, the tabletop should be wide enough to let the child play and move around comfortably.
- Material: An ideal kids’ workbench should be durable and sturdy. Try to find one that is made of wood or plastic. Such a workstation can be easy to assemble and can be used for multiple purposes.
- Type: Common options include workbenches with cabinet, portable workbenches, wall-mounted workbenches, and workbenches with pegboard.
- Age: It is essential to pick a workstation as per your child’s age. For instance, if your child is three or four years old, then a simple tool station with a few tools would be enough. But if they are older, then pick a workbench that is creatively designed and looks similar to a real workstation with several tools, accessories, and an interactive system.
Why Trust MomJunction?
Sakshi John is a product writer covering different furniture and kitchen essentials, and she undertakes extensive research to find high-quality products on multiple sites. She has listed the best kids’ workbenches after scouring various sources to bring those products that help promote artistic abilities in young children. The list offers features of every product, such as durability, storage spaces, colors, and height, so you know what to get for your little one.
Bringing home a good workbench for kids can help encourage your little ones to spend time constructively, all while improving their motor and creative skills and reducing their screen time. However, to ensure that this bench is the right fit for them, you should consider its size, the material used, and one that comes with several tools and functions to keep your child engaged for hours. Also, consider choosing one that has smooth edges and is age-appropriate to ensure your child’s safety and let them make the most out of it.
- Best Gripe Water
- Best Toddler Step Stool
- Best Baby Food Storage Containers
- Best Probiotics for Kids
- Best PS3 Games For Kids And Family
View Profile ›