Kinesiology tapes are thin and stretchy strips, identical to our skin in elasticity and thickness. They come with acrylic adhesive and help manage injuries, inflammation, and pain. They also provide additional stability and support to the joints and muscles to facilitate the natural healing process. These tapes can be used on the ankles, shoulders, knees, back, and other joints. But among so many options available, which one could be right for you?
Keep reading this MomJunction post, as we give you a list of the best kinesiology tapes. Go through their pros and cons and pick the best one for yourself.
15 Best Kinesiology Tapes
The manufacturers of these tapes mention that their tapes are best. However, what suits one may not suit another. It is better you go through the details and then decide for yourself depending on your requirements.
It includes 20 pre-cut strips, each measuring 2 x 9.75 inches. The strips are water resistant, and the manufacturer claims that they can be worn for about five days. They can be applied in four different shapes, including Y-strip, I-strip, X-shape, and fan-shape.
- It is suitable for injuries, sprains, and splints.
- It relieves pain and improves blood circulation.
- It offers flexibility to the human skin and muscles.
- The adhesive used on the tape may not be of high quality.
2. KT Tape Pro
It is 100% synthetic and offers relief from pain by supporting the joint, common muscle, or tendons around the injury or pain area. This waterproof and 2-3x longer tape is made 300% stronger adhesive to last longer. It is latex-free, therapeutic, and offers support.
- It is a synthetic performance fabric.
- It offers superior elastic durability and stronger fiber strength.
- It is four times stronger than cotton tapes.
- The adhesion may not last long.
It is latex-free, hypoallergenic, and is made with high-grade cotton for comfort and breathability. The Kinesio tape is made with a micro-grip and nano-touch fingerprint technology. It is also water resistant and can be kept for about three to five days. It can be used on ankles, calves, hips, shoulder, neck, and back.
- It offers a high level of stimulation to the target joints and ligaments.
- The material mimics a gentle human touch.
- It is made to provide relief from inflammation and discomfort.
- It may not stick properly.
- It may not stretch as desired.
This kinesiology tape is made with latex-free material and water-resistant fabric. This 16-feet uncut roll comes with premium features such as lightweight, moisture-wicking, and breathable fabric. This tape doesn’t cause itching or irritation. It is suitable for improving blood circulation, performance, and recovery.
- It is easy to use, with no hassles.
- It improves mobility and relieves pain.
- It is suitable for athletes, office workers, sportsmen, and even fitness enthusiasts who are looking for pain relief.
- It may cause blisters or rashes.
It is a non-latex, clinically tested, pre-cut strip that provides relief from soreness and pain and provides muscle and joint support too. It can be applied on the knee, foot, ankle, shoulder, neck, and lower back.
- It is waterproof and non-irritating.
- It is easy to apply.
- It can be applied before workout or activity to support joints and muscles, and after for speedy recovery and pain relief.
- Some may be allergic to it.
- It may not stick for a longer time.
The pack includes 20 pre-cut strips, each measuring ten inches in length and two inches in width. Also available in a 16.4-foot roll. It provides a big stretch and has a strong adhesive. The tape is latex- and zinc-free and is hypoallergenic, suiting all types of skin.
- It is easy to use.
- It improves performance and treats sports injuries.
- It is water resistant and made using unique fabric.
- It is less effective and thinner.
- It may not stay for longer, especially during high-intensity activities.
Physix Gear Sport Waterproof Kinesiology is made of premium quality non-latex material – it sticks to you even when you sweat. The tape improves blood circulation, provides relief from strain, inhibits muscle cramping during workouts, and provides additional support to joints and muscles. These uncut rolls allow customized application.
- It is cost-effective and easy to use.
- It is suitable even for swimming.
- It is easy to apply.
- The strong adhesive may leave marks on the skin.
The pack includes 20 pre-cut strips, each measuring 10×2 inches. It offers 160% stretch, thereby providing full movement. It is latex-free, water resistant, and sweatproof. The pack comes with a book that explains how to use the tape and how to target specific muscles to relieve the pain.
- It comes with medical tape adhesive.
- It provides relief from pain and inflammation and promotes healing.
- It may cause an allergic reaction.
It is a water-resistant and latex-free tape that helps in improving performance and reducing fatigue. It is not pre-cut, but available in rolls so that you may use it as per your own convenience. It comes with a free e-book that provides information on how to use the tape and other details.
- It is suitable for all sports, be it swimming, cross-fit, weight training, or any other.
- It offers advanced healing and support.
- It improves blood circulation, promotes healing, and flexes the muscles.
- It has poor elasticity.
- Anyone with sensitive skin may get a rash.
This kinesiology tape provides elasticity as it is made with 95% cotton and 5% spandex. The material is soft, lightweight, and latex-free. The ripple design on the tape prevents injuries and improves athletic performance. It is an uncut tape that is two inches in width.
- It is hypoallergenic and waterproof.
- It provides relief from chronic and acute pain and improves flexibility.
- It improves circulation and promotes healing.
- It has poor adhesion.
The pack includes 20 pre-cut strips that are made with 97% cotton and 3% spandex. The tape provides ease of movement and support. It is suitable for swimmers, climbers, and runners. The tape comes in bright, sparkling colors such as red, starry black, dazzled pink, pixie dream, and purple dream.
- It is hypoallergenic and latex-free.
- It is useful for muscle support and improves blood circulation.
- It is suitable for pain relief in joints and muscles, especially in the shoulder and knee area.
- It doesn’t have a strong adhesive.
This pack contains six pre-cut strips, which can be used on the ankle, heel, foot, top and ball of the foot, and Achilles tendon. The tape is useful to provide stability and support to the joints, tendons, and muscles. It can also be a good alternative to braces and heavy bandages. You may pick the packs based on where you want to use them.
- It is waterproof and available in different packs.
- It allows easy and smooth movements too.
- It can be worn in any medical condition.
- It has poor adhesion.
The pack includes 20 pre-cut strips, each measuring 2×10 inches. Each strip comes in perforated Y-shape, and it can be worn under any fabric. It is made with a durable material, which can last for long.
- It is easy to apply.
- It offers flexibility in movements.
- It may cause allergies to some due to natural rubber latex.
It is an uncut roll that measures 2-inch x 13.1 feet. It is latex-free and hypoallergenic and can be used on geriatric and pediatric skin-types. The tape has a wave pattern on it, which provides benefits such as faster recovery and healing.
- It comes with a lighter adhesive.
- It provides consistent results.
- It does not last for long.
This roll of kinesiology tapes contains 4% copper, which is the highest content of copper in the tapes. It offers extra support to the muscles, and you can wear it all day and all night. It provides joint stability and targeted support to tendons, joints, and muscles.
- It is made with breathable compression fabric.
- It is suitable for all ages and of people with all fitness levels.
- It offers relief from tendonitis, arthritis, and inflammation.
- It may cause rashes on sensitive skin.
How To Choose The Best Kinesiology Tapes?
There are plenty of kinesiology tapes available in the market. However, not all can be suitable for you. We have some tips that can help you pick the best kinesiology tapes for yourself.
- Easy to use: Some tapes that come with poor-quality adhesives may require a lot of time and effort for application. In that case, you need to look for tapes that come with strong adhesive and are also easy to apply and remove. Some tapes have adhesive activation with a heat source feature. These can be complicated to use. Therefore, read the label properly before buying the best kinesiology tape.
- Hypoallergenic: If you have sensitive skin, then you should be careful when choosing the tapes. Latex allergies are common in this case. So, make sure you are buying latex-free kinesiology tapes. Also, do not pick up the material that may cause skin irritation as well.
- Other features: Durability, comfort, types of tape (uncut roll or pre-cut stripes), size, shape, and safety are other elements that you may look for before you pick the best kinesiology tape for yourself.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Can kinesiology tape be used in pregnancy?
Although there is no kinesiology tape designed for pregnancy, the regular tapes can be used. However, it is better to perform a patch test before using it for other purposes. Also, it is essential to apply or use the tapes in a proper manner so that the discomforts of pregnancy are treated. In any case, check with your doctor before trying them.
2. Can kinesiology tape be used while swimming?
Yes. Waterproof kinesiology tapes that come with strong adhesive can be used when swimming. They are even sweatproof, which means they can be worn while working out or when performing high-intensity sports too.
When you pick the best kinesiology tape, you may get a lot of benefits such as relief from pain, improved circulation, reduction of inflammation, and lots more. Make sure you are going through the product details and pros and cons properly before buying the tape. Scroll through the above list again, and you may find the right tape for your needs.