A kitchen sink strainer is a great thing to add to your kitchen sink. It is a mesh strainer or a perforated sieve, usually made of metal, that is used for filtering out solid debris present in the water system. The best part of having one is that it helps keep your sink and drainage system clean.
With so many types of kitchen sink strainers available, it is pretty easy to fall for a strainer that can rust or get chipped within no time. We have compiled a list of the best kitchen sink strainers so that you can pick an excellent product that keeps your sink clean.
13 Best Kitchen Sink Strainer
This stainless steel kitchen sink strainer protects your sink against clogging. It is a set of two metal strainers, each measuring 4.5 in in diameter. It makes an effective drain guard, consisting of a micro-perforated bowl area that is contoured by a rim made of flat metal sheet to rest over the drain.
- Long-lasting, rust-free sink strainer
- Good option for those who have two sinks
- Filters the smallest of food particles
- Rim design fits snugly in the sinkhole
- Small holes may be difficult to clean
- May clog frequently because of the small holes
- May be difficult to remove from the sink drain
This kitchen sink strainer by OXO is a smart and perfect solution for blockage-free drains. It is a good-quality product crafted using silicone with stainless steel rims and comes with a poster in the center. It combines innovative design and convenience and is an effective option for keeping your sink clean.
- Silicone undersides prevent scratches
- Convenient to clean
- Effectively catches food debris
- Durable and sturdy
- May need frequent cleaning because of less capacity
- Pull-up piece in the center may not be of much help
Joie kitchen sink strainer basket is designed to fit all standard-sized sinks. Created using stainless steel and durable plastic, this is a high-quality strainer that measures 4.5in in diameter and is effective in catching debris. This is an excellent strainer that promises great functionality.
- Easy to empty and use
- Suitable for kitchen, bathroom, laundry, and workshop sinks
- Durable and rust-resistant
- Stainless steel rim may come off
- Not dishwasher-safe
This is a drainer cum strainer that is designed to keep your kitchen sink free of clogging. It is a great device made of stainless steel and comes with a porous basket designed to catch a lot of debris. The kit partially fits under the sink and prevents clogging. It is an excellent choice for the types of drains that face frequent clogging problems.
- Knob on the strainer basket makes it easy to remove
- Lid on the strainer acts as a stopper
- Strong and durable
- Larger room for debris collection
- Requires assembling before use
This is one of the best kitchen sink strainers designed using stainless steel and fits most of the standard sinks comfortably. It is a reliable product for your kitchen and can also be used as a stopper depending upon the requirements.
- Made with highly durable steel
- Easy to remove and clean
- Measures 3.5in in diameter, making it versatile for use in most types of sinks
- May be tough to pull to drain water
- Plastic gasket
The easy-to-install kitchen sink strainer comes with a mesh to keep your sink and drainage smooth and running. Measuring 4.5in in diameter and 1.5in in depth, this is a great product that comfortably fits most sinks. Made of durable stainless steel, this is a reliable strainer for the kitchen.
- Beveled rim guarantees perfect fit
- Fine mesh design ensures no clogging
- Offers enough space for collecting waste
- Durable and rust-free
- May be hard to clean because of the small holes
This entire strainer is a blend of reliable performance and smart design. The 3.5in kitchen sink strainer fits most sinks and prevents food particles from entering the drainage and clogging it.
- Fits well into most modern kitchen sinks
- Made of rust-resistant stainless steel
- Durable and sturdy
- Features finely spaced mesh grating and beveled edge
- May fit better on thin-walled sinks
- Water may drain at a slow speed
This kitchen sink strainer from Danco is made with plastic of outstanding quality to prevent the drainage from clogging. The concave design is an added bonus as it keeps the drain open. It is simple to install, and the universal design makes it fit most modern kitchen sinks.
- Black finish blends well with most drainage systems
- Hard plastic imparts strength and durability
- Sturdy and durable
- Can be washed in a dishwasher
- May not be easy to clean due to the small holes
This plastic kitchen sink strainer by Full Circle comes with a stopper. It is created with BPA-free plastic that is a durable and ideal material. The water stopper plugs in easily and conveniently catches all the waste. The rim effectively seals the drain, thereby preventing the waste from passing through.
- Separate lid to collect water in the sink
- Flexible rim fits comfortably around the drain
- Easy to clean and durable
- Cannot be washed in a dishwasher
- May stain easily
This is a creatively designed plastic and rubber kitchen sink strainer featuring different kinds of drain holes and side vents to provide protection from clogging. It offers maximum durability and high flexibility. With no rim to block water flow, it is a reliable strainer that fits almost all standard kitchen sinks.
- Anti-clog design
- Durable and long-lasting
- Made with rubber and BPA-free plastic
- May be difficult to clean due to the small holes
These are excellent kitchen sink strainers to have in your kitchen. This is a set of four silicone sink strainers that come in beautiful colors to add some brightness to your kitchen. Designed to effectively catch debris without clogging the drain, these strainers are of great value.
- Silicone underside prevents scratches
- Easy to empty
- Non-deforming and long-lasting
- 30-day no-questions-asked money-back guarantee
- May be difficult to clean
This set of two kitchen sink strainers with black silicone basket and gunmetal stainless steel rim is a must-have in your kitchen. Measuring 4.5in in diameter, they nicely fit into most standard kitchen sinks to prevent clogging. The mesh strainer ensures a smooth flow of water and traps the waste effectively.
- Guarantees scratch-free sink
- Easy to remove and clean
- Pack of two is ideal for those with two kitchen sinks
- Color may fade with time
- Edges may accumulate waste
These are intelligently designed kitchen sink strainers with handles for easy disposal so that you don’t have to dirty your hands. Made of stainless steel, the set of two strainers prevents clogging and offers great convenience.
- Mesh design effectively traps waste
- Strong and durable
- Made of high-quality, rust-proof stainless steel
- Easy to clean
- Draining capacity may not be sufficient
- May clog up quickly
What are the Benefits of a Kitchen Sink Strainer?
A kitchen sink strainer may seem like a trivial thing, but it has many benefits.
- Prevents clogging of drains: By trapping the waste, it keeps your drainage system smooth and running.
- Keeps sink safe from unhygienic backups:Dirty backups from the sewer system can be prevented by using a strainer in the sink.
- Saves money to fix the plumbing system: Getting a plumbing system fixed by a professional plumber can be expensive. Thus, a kitchen sink strainer can help you save a few bucks.
- Is maintenance-free: Compared to garbage disposal, this is a low-maintenance option.
- Is inexpensive: A sink strainer comes for a lower price and doesn’t even attract running costs compared to other waste-removing options.
How to Choose the Right Kitchen Sink Strainer?
Picking the right kitchen sink strainer is important to keep your drains spotlessly clean. Here are some points that one must keep in mind while purchasing a sink strainer for the kitchen:
- Material: Sink strainers are mostly made of stainless steel, but you can also find strainers made of silicone and high-quality plastic. Plastic and silicone are rust-resistant, while stainless steel ensures durability.
- Stopper function: If you wish to soak your dishes before washing or wash your vegetables, a stopper function offers convenience.
- Mesh basket versus poros basket: As long as you are selecting a good-quality product, both mesh and porous baskets perform well. Mesh baskets may be tough to clean but are good at trapping the smallest of the food particles compared to porous baskets.
Clogged drains in the kitchen are the last thing you would want to deal with. They are messy and troublesome, and you may have to call a professional plumber. Installing a kitchen sink strainer is the wisest thing to do to avoid being in such a situation. It is a smart way of preventing the drains from clogging. Choose any of the strainers from this list to have your sinks looking clean and drains working perfectly fine.