A kitchen sink strainer is a useful tool that helps filter out the solid debris present in the water. So, here’s our list of the best kitchen sink strainers to help you choose the right one. It is generally made of metal and looks like a mesh or perforated sieve. This special tool helps keep your drainage system and sink clean. Unfortunately, with multiple kitchen sink strainers available, it’s quite easy to fall for a strainer that can get chipped and rusty quickly. So, take a look at the time-tested and reliable products mentioned below to choose one that suits your requirements.
13 Best Kitchen Sink Strainers
Shield your kitchen sink from being clogged with this Danco twist-tight kitchen strainer. Among the best kitchen sink drain strainers, it comes with a perforated strainer design to allow easy water flow by restricting food particles, debris, and other objects from entering the drain. In addition, the patented and efficient center-locking system keeps the strainer in place.
- Chrome finish
- Rust-resistant material
- Removable sink strainer
- Long-lasting performance
- Threaded design for easy installation
- May not be compatible with all sink models
- Shaft may be slightly bigger than usual
Considered one of the best kitchen sink drain strainers, this tried-and-tested strainer by OXO is a smart and convenient solution for blockage-free drains. It is a good-quality product crafted using silicone with stainless steel rims and comes with a poster in the center. It combines innovative design and convenience and is an effective option for keeping your sink clean. You can check out a tester’s experience with using this quality strainer in this review video.
- Silicone undersides prevent scratches
- Convenient to clean
- Effectively catches food debris
- Ergonomic design
- Durable and sturdy
- May need frequent cleaning because of less capacity
- Pull-up piece in the center may not be of much help
Stop tiny spoons and forks from escaping through the drain holes with this Fox Run sink and tub strainer. The strainer is designed with indentation to allow water to flow conveniently without clogging the drain. It is made of white epoxy-coated steel, and you may also use this user-friendly and multipurpose strainer for a bathtub or bathroom sink.
- Easy to clean and install
- Compatible with standard-size drains
- Tiny perforated holes to filter smaller particles
- White color compliments all sink and tub styles
- May occasionally move from its spot
- May not have a rim
Best With Free Flow
Best With Stainless-Steel Rims
|Danco Twist Tight Kitchen Sink Strainer||OXO Sink Strainer||Fox Run Sink And Tub Strainer|
|Dimensions||8.5 x 5.25 x 4.5 inches||4.5"L x 4.5"W x 1.5"H||4.5 x 4.5 x 0.75 inches|
|Weight||2.4 ounces||2.4 ounces||2.4 ounces|
|Material||Stainless Steel||Stainless Steel, Silicone.||Rubber|
|Buy Now||Buy Now||Buy Now|
This is a tried-and-trusted drain guard cum strainer designed to keep your kitchen sink free of clogging. It is a great device made of stainless steel material and comes with a porous kitchen sink drain basket designed to catch a lot of debris. The kit partially fits under the sink and prevents clogging. It is an excellent choice for the types of drains that face frequent clogging problems.
- Knob on the strainer basket makes it easy to remove
- Lid on the strainer acts as a stopper
- Strong and durable
- Larger room for debris collection
- Requires assembling before use
5. Best Stain-Resistant: Highcraft Kitchen Sink Strainer
Protect your sink from clogging the drain with the Houzer sink stopper. The design includes a kitchen sink drain basket featuring a center knob that helps to remove the strainer for cleaning. Additionally, the deep basket design promotes collecting debris, food scraps, and particles conveniently.
- Wide rim sink strainer
- Durable material
- Slightly shiny
- Removable basket
- Compatible with sinks with 3 ½ inch drain opening
- May not be compatible with garbage disposal
- May not have a strainer locking system
6. Best With Beveled Rim:Eeejumpe Kitchen Sink Strainer
The easy-to-install kitchen sink stopper comes with a mesh to strain away the wastage and keep your sink and drainage smooth and running. Measuring 4.5in in diameter and 1.5in in depth, this tried-and-tested kitchen accessory comfortably fits most sinks. Made of durable stainless steel, this is a reliable sink stopper strainer for the kitchen.
- Beveled rim guarantees perfect fit
- Fine mesh design ensures no clogging
- Offers enough space for collecting waste
- Long-lasting durability
- Durable and rust-free
- May be hard to clean because of the small holes
7. Best Durable:Moen Basket Strainer
This entire strainer is a blend of reliable performance and smart design. The 3.5in kitchen sink strainer with a smooth edge fits most sinks and prevents food particles from entering the drainage and clogging it.
- Fits well into most modern kitchen sinks
- Made of rust-resistant stainless steel
- Durable and sturdy
- Features finely spaced mesh grating and beveled edge
- May fit better on thin-walled sinks
- Water may drain at a slow speed
This kitchen sink strainer from Danco is made of quality plastic to prevent your drainage from clogging. The concave design of this sink drain strainer is an added bonus, as it keeps the drain open. It is simple to install, and the universal design makes it fit most modern kitchen sinks.
- Black finish blends well with most drainage systems
- Hard plastic imparts strength and durability
- Rigid material adds durability
- Can be washed in a dishwasher
- May not be easy to clean due to the small holes
This plastic kitchen sink strainer by Full Circle comes with a stopper. It is created with BPA-free plastic that is a durable and ideal material. The water stopper plugs in easily and conveniently catches all the waste. The rim of the drain guard effectively seals the drainage opening and stops the waste from passing through.
- Separate lid to collect water in the sink
- Flexible rim fits comfortably around the drain
- Easy to clean and durable
- Ensures efficient drainage
- Cannot be washed in a dishwasher
- May stain easily
This is a creatively designed plastic and rubber kitchen sink strainer featuring different kinds of drain holes and side vents to provide long-lasting protection from clogging. The anti-clogging kitchen accessory offers maximum durability and high flexibility. With no rim to block water flow, it is a reliable strainer that fits almost all standard-size kitchen sinks.
- Easy to install
- Durable and long-lasting
- Made with rubber and BPA-free plastic
- May be difficult to clean due to the small holes
These are excellent kitchen sink strainers to have in your kitchen. This set of four high-quality silicone sink strainers comes in beautiful colors to add some brightness and elegance to your kitchen. Designed to effectively catch debris without clogging the drain, these sink plug strainers are of great value.
- Silicone underside prevents scratches
- Easy to empty
- Non-deforming and long-lasting
- May be difficult to clean
This set of two kitchen sink stoppers with a black silicone basket and gunmetal stainless steel rim is a must-have in your kitchen. Measuring 4.5in in diameter, they nicely fit into most standard-size kitchen sinks to prevent clogging. The mesh strainer ensures a smooth drainage of water and traps the waste effectively.
- Guarantees scratch-free sink
- Easy to remove and clean
- Pack of two is ideal for those with two kitchen sinks
- Color may fade with time
- Edges may accumulate waste
These are intelligently designed kitchen sink strainers with handles for easy disposal so that you don’t have to dirty your hands. Made of quality stainless steel, the set of two strainers prevents clogging and offers great convenience.
- Mesh design effectively traps waste
- Strong and durable
- Made of high-quality, rust-proof stainless steel
- Easy to clean
- Draining capacity may not be sufficient
- May clog up quickly
What are the Benefits of a Kitchen Sink Strainer?
A kitchen sink strainer may seem like a trivial thing, but it has many benefits.
- Prevents clogging of drains: By trapping the waste, it keeps your drainage system smooth and running.
- Keeps sink safe from unhygienic backups:Dirty backups from the sewer system can be prevented by using a strainer in the sink.
- Saves money to fix the plumbing system: Getting a plumbing system fixed by a professional plumber can be expensive. Thus, a kitchen sink strainer can help you save a few bucks.
- Is maintenance-free: Compared to garbage disposal, this is a low-maintenance option.
- Is inexpensive: A sink strainer comes for a lower price and doesn’t even attract running costs compared to other waste-removing options.
How to Choose the Right Kitchen Sink Strainer?
Picking the right kitchen sink strainer is important to keep your drains spotlessly clean. Here are some points that one must keep in mind while purchasing a sink strainer for the kitchen:
- Material: Sink strainers are mostly made of stainless steel, but you can also find strainers made of silicone and high-quality plastic that can withstand the test of time. Plastic and silicone are rust-resistant, while stainless steel ensures durability.
Janna Robinson, an interior designer and lifestyle technology expert, says, “When possible, choose a durable stainless steel sink strainer over plastic. Your sink strainer will be exposed to all kinds of bacteria and food, so make sure to sanitize your sink strainer often. One of the best methods is to soak it in a solution of warm water with a little dish soap. You can also add vinegar or baking soda if you wish.”
- Stopper function: If you wish to soak your dishes before washing or wash your vegetables, a stopper function or an adjustable sink strainer offers convenience.
- Mesh basket vs. porous basket: As long as you are selecting a good-quality product, both mesh and porous baskets perform well. Among the highest-quality kitchen sink drain baskets, mesh baskets may be tough to clean but are good at trapping the smallest of the food particles compared to porous baskets.
Why Trust MomJunction?
The author, Sakshi John, is a kitchen tool and home appliance enthusiast and reviewer who is keen on finding top-quality products. After rigorously researching different products and user reviews, she has compiled a list of good-quality, sturdy, and affordable kitchen sink strainers that ensure a clean sink and a clear drainage system. These strainers don’t chip away or rust easily and are easy to clean. She has included a buying guide to help you choose the right product.
Kitchen sink strainers help remove debris with minimal effort. However, finding the best kitchen sink strainers for different sink types can be a cumbersome task. To make that task easier, we recommend you pick the time-tested OXO Good Grips Silicone Sink Strainer with an innovative design, the versatile Fox Run Sink And Tub Strainer, which can be used in kitchen sinks and bathroom tubs, or the corrosion-resistant Kone Kitchen Sink Drain to ensure longevity. While choosing the right kitchen sink strainer, learn about the material as most strainers are made from steel, whereas the plastic ones are more durable for their rust-free quality. Therefore, to keep your sink spick and span, choose your kitchen sink strainer mindfully.
Infographic: How To Prevent Your Kitchen Sink From Clogging?
When you follow precautionary steps after equipping your kitchen sink with a functional and high-grade strainer, you can effectively reduce the risk of clogging the drain and improve the efficiency of the sink. Here’s an infographic to help you learn more about protecting the sink from evitable clogs.