A kitchen sink strainer is a useful tool that helps filter out the solid debris present in the water. So, here’s our list of the best kitchen sink strainers to help you choose the right one. It is generally made of metal and looks like a mesh or perforated sieve. The strainer helps keep your drainage system and sink clean. Unfortunately, with multiple kitchen sink strainers available, it’s quite easy to fall for a strainer that can get chipped and rusty quickly. So, take a look at the products mentioned below to choose one that suits your requirements.
Our Top Picks
13 Best Kitchen Sink Strainer
This stainless steel kitchen sink strainer protects your sink against clogging. It is a set of two metal strainers, each measuring 4.5 in in diameter. It makes an effective drain guard, consisting of a micro-perforated bowl area that is contoured by a rim made of flat metal sheet to rest over the drain. If you want to know more about the results, take a look at this review on YouTube.
- Long-lasting, rust-free sink strainer
- Good option for those who have two sinks
- Filters the smallest of food particles
- Rim design fits snugly in the sinkhole
- Small holes may be difficult to clean
- May clog frequently because of the small holes
- May be difficult to remove from the sink drain
This kitchen sink strainer by OXO is a smart and perfect solution for blockage-free drains. It is a good-quality product crafted using silicone with stainless steel rims and comes with a poster in the center. It combines innovative design and convenience and is an effective option for keeping your sink clean. You can check this YouTube video for more information about the product.
- Silicone undersides prevent scratches
- Convenient to clean
- Effectively catches food debris
- Durable and sturdy
- May need frequent cleaning because of less capacity
- Pull-up piece in the center may not be of much help
Joie kitchen sink strainer basket is designed to fit all standard-sized sinks. Created using stainless steel and durable plastic, this is a high-quality strainer that measures 4.5in in diameter and is effective in catching debris. This is an excellent strainer that promises great functionality.
- Easy to empty and use
- Suitable for kitchen, bathroom, laundry, and workshop sinks
- Durable and rust-resistant
- Stainless steel rim may come off
- Not dishwasher-safe
This is a drainer cum strainer that is designed to keep your kitchen sink free of clogging. It is a great device made of stainless steel and comes with a porous basket designed to catch a lot of debris. The kit partially fits under the sink and prevents clogging. It is an excellent choice for the types of drains that face frequent clogging problems.
- Knob on the strainer basket makes it easy to remove
- Lid on the strainer acts as a stopper
- Strong and durable
- Larger room for debris collection
- Requires assembling before use
This is one of the best kitchen sink strainers designed using stainless steel and fits most of the standard sinks comfortably. It is a reliable product for your kitchen and can also be used as a stopper depending upon the requirements.
- Made with highly durable steel
- Easy to remove and clean
- Measures 3.5in in diameter, making it versatile for use in most types of sinks
- May be tough to pull to drain water
- Plastic gasket
The easy-to-install kitchen sink strainer comes with a mesh to keep your sink and drainage smooth and running. Measuring 4.5in in diameter and 1.5in in depth, this is a great product that comfortably fits most sinks. Made of durable stainless steel, this is a reliable strainer for the kitchen.
- Beveled rim guarantees perfect fit
- Fine mesh design ensures no clogging
- Offers enough space for collecting waste
- Durable and rust-free
- May be hard to clean because of the small holes
This entire strainer is a blend of reliable performance and smart design. The 3.5in kitchen sink strainer fits most sinks and prevents food particles from entering the drainage and clogging it.
- Fits well into most modern kitchen sinks
- Made of rust-resistant stainless steel
- Durable and sturdy
- Features finely spaced mesh grating and beveled edge
- May fit better on thin-walled sinks
- Water may drain at a slow speed
This kitchen sink strainer from Danco is made with plastic of outstanding quality to prevent the drainage from clogging. The concave design is an added bonus as it keeps the drain open. It is simple to install, and the universal design makes it fit most modern kitchen sinks.
- Black finish blends well with most drainage systems
- Hard plastic imparts strength and durability
- Sturdy and durable
- Can be washed in a dishwasher
- May not be easy to clean due to the small holes
This plastic kitchen sink strainer by Full Circle comes with a stopper. It is created with BPA-free plastic that is a durable and ideal material. The water stopper plugs in easily and conveniently catches all the waste. The rim effectively seals the drain, thereby preventing the waste from passing through.
- Separate lid to collect water in the sink
- Flexible rim fits comfortably around the drain
- Easy to clean and durable
- Cannot be washed in a dishwasher
- May stain easily
This is a creatively designed plastic and rubber kitchen sink strainer featuring different kinds of drain holes and side vents to provide protection from clogging. It offers maximum durability and high flexibility. With no rim to block water flow, it is a reliable strainer that fits almost all standard kitchen sinks.
- Anti-clog design
- Durable and long-lasting
- Made with rubber and BPA-free plastic
- May be difficult to clean due to the small holes
These are excellent kitchen sink strainers to have in your kitchen. This is a set of four silicone sink strainers that come in beautiful colors to add some brightness to your kitchen. Designed to effectively catch debris without clogging the drain, these strainers are of great value.
- Silicone underside prevents scratches
- Easy to empty
- Non-deforming and long-lasting
- 30-day no-questions-asked money-back guarantee
- May be difficult to clean
This set of two kitchen sink strainers with black silicone basket and gunmetal stainless steel rim is a must-have in your kitchen. Measuring 4.5in in diameter, they nicely fit into most standard kitchen sinks to prevent clogging. The mesh strainer ensures a smooth flow of water and traps the waste effectively.
- Guarantees scratch-free sink
- Easy to remove and clean
- Pack of two is ideal for those with two kitchen sinks
- Color may fade with time
- Edges may accumulate waste
These are intelligently designed kitchen sink strainers with handles for easy disposal so that you don’t have to dirty your hands. Made of stainless steel, the set of two strainers prevents clogging and offers great convenience.
- Mesh design effectively traps waste
- Strong and durable
- Made of high-quality, rust-proof stainless steel
- Easy to clean
- Draining capacity may not be sufficient
- May clog up quickly
What are the Benefits of a Kitchen Sink Strainer?
A kitchen sink strainer may seem like a trivial thing, but it has many benefits.
- Prevents clogging of drains: By trapping the waste, it keeps your drainage system smooth and running.
- Keeps sink safe from unhygienic backups:Dirty backups from the sewer system can be prevented by using a strainer in the sink.
- Saves money to fix the plumbing system: Getting a plumbing system fixed by a professional plumber can be expensive. Thus, a kitchen sink strainer can help you save a few bucks.
- Is maintenance-free: Compared to garbage disposal, this is a low-maintenance option.
- Is inexpensive: A sink strainer comes for a lower price and doesn’t even attract running costs compared to other waste-removing options.
How to Choose the Right Kitchen Sink Strainer?
Picking the right kitchen sink strainer is important to keep your drains spotlessly clean. Here are some points that one must keep in mind while purchasing a sink strainer for the kitchen:
- Material: Sink strainers are mostly made of stainless steel, but you can also find strainers made of silicone and high-quality plastic. Plastic and silicone are rust-resistant, while stainless steel ensures durability.
- Stopper function: If you wish to soak your dishes before washing or wash your vegetables, a stopper function offers convenience.
- Mesh basket versus poros basket: As long as you are selecting a good-quality product, both mesh and porous baskets perform well. Mesh baskets may be tough to clean but are good at trapping the smallest of the food particles compared to porous baskets.
Why Trust MomJunction?
The author, Sakshi John, is a kitchen tool and home appliance enthusiast who is keen on finding top-quality products. After rigorous research, she has compiled a list of good quality, sturdy, and affordable kitchen sink strainers that ensure a clean sink and a clear drainage system. These strainers don’t chip away or rust easily and are easy to clean. She has included a buying guide to help you choose the right product.
Kitchen sink strainers help remove debris with minimal effort. However, finding the right kitchen sink strainers can be a cumbersome task. It facilitates the household chores as the work gets done in a jiffy. While choosing the right kitchen sink strainer, learn about the material as most strainers are made from steel, whereas the plastic ones are more durable for their rust-free quality. Therefore, to keep your sink spick and span, choose your kitchen sink strainer mindfully
- Best Bathroom Sinks For Every Style And Space
- Best Gifts For Chefs To Create Culinary Magic
- Best Living Room Furniture Pieces For Your Space
- Best High-Waisted Shorts For Women To Wear In Summer