Keep your knife collection safe and sharp with our list of the best knife rolls. Every professional chef carries high-quality knife rolls that keep all of their knives in one place for quick access. These knife rolls or bags protect the sharp knives and keep the edges intact for long for optimal performance. They also have guarded and separated compartments to help protect the knives from wear and tear. These knife rolls are available in various designs and sizes to suit your needs. So, read on to choose the right one for yourself or give it to a loved one.
11 Best Knife Rolls
The knife roll bag includes a handle for a better grip and a removable shoulder strap for convenience. It can hold up to 15 tools and has ten slots for storing knives of up to 18-inch length. The tool roll bag is crafted from 600 denier cloth, thick polyester, and double-stitched seams.
- Tough and durable construction
- Two canvas cover flaps for additional protection
- Strong metal zippers and flexible straps offer better security
- Large pouch for carrying scissors, and four slots for tasting spoons
Made of water-resistant and waxed canvas, this roll bag by GramVine protects your knives from corrosion. The heavy-duty bag can store up to seven knives with ease. The portable travel bag is travel-friendly and secures your tools.
- Comes with a drawstring closure
- Cut- and puncture-resistant
- Ergonomically designed pockets
- Doubles as a tools storage bag
- May be small for a sushi knife
- Seams may need restitching
Stitched by world-class craftsman, the knife roll is handcrafted using premium buff calf leather. It features two vintage buckles that give it a tight roll. There are two elastic knife pockets and a strong zipper pouch for a secure hold. This video offers a detailed review of the travel-friendly knife.
- Holds ten knives of up to 18in length
- One-year manufacturer’s warranty
- Ten storage slots for larger knives, and four slots for medium knives
- Reinforced, stretchable zipper pouch
- Handle and detachable shoulder strap for ease of carrying
The knife roll bag can hold 11 knives in its sleeves. It is also useful for storing other equipment such as scissors, ceramic, carving tools, and utensils. The cut- and puncture-resistant knife roll will not damage the knives and lasts long. It is travel-friendly and can carry knives and other tools with ease.
- Suitable for knives of up to 18.8in long
- Quick-release secure buckles wrap
- Built from premium quality heavy-duty waxed canvas fabric
- Portable roll and travel-friendly
- Lightweight knife roll bag
The Qees Roll Bag is made of waxed canvas with zipper closure. It comes with four pockets to store and transport knives and other chef tools. The portable size tool roll bag is travel-friendly and easy to clean.
- Firm grip handle for convenience and easy carrying
- Puncture-resistant knife roll
- Lightweight and flexible
- Tough and waterproof
- Comes with a full-refund warranty
This convenient, lightweight chef knife roll bag is made of strong polyester canvas. Its reinforced double-stitching and heavy-duty zippers make it durable. It offers space for nine knives, a cleaver, honing rod, and any equipment of up to 17in long.
- Two zippered pockets for additional storage
- Special six slots for plating tools, spoons, and pens
- Adjustable shoulder strap
- Elastic straps hold tools in place
The knife roll bag can carry ten kitchen knives and other chef tools, including carving, scissors, and other utensils. It comes with a travel-friendly bag and features a convenient handle and a flexible shoulder strap.
- Synthetic leather build
- Accommodates up to 18-inch long knives
- Protects from scratches, cuts, or moisture
- Cut- and puncture-resistant
Keep your knives and tools organized with this Wessleco Knife Roll Bag by Firedog. Made of thick waxed canvas, this roll bag is water- and cut-resistant. It comes with reinforced stitching to prevent knives from sliding off the bag.
- Adjustable shoulder strap and durable handle
- Zipper pocket to store cutleries
- Durable and vintage buckles
- Sturdy D-ring buckles
- May not be suitable for slim-handle knives
- Some may find it slightly bulky
The knife roll is built using 12OZ heavy-duty waxed canvas, resistant to punctures and scratches. It can hold knives of up to 16in (40cm) in length. The case rolls up with a canvas rope that holds the tools tight and secure.
- Six slots for storing six kitchen knives
- Travel-friendly storage bag
- Designed for professionals and home chefs
- Easy to clean by wiping off the marks using cold water
The multiple-pocket knife roll case by Vintage Crafts is made of buff leather and has stretchable pockets to secure your knife. It comes with high-quality stitching, and the leather material protects the knives from moisture, dents, and scratches. In addition, this knife roll also comes with a detachable shoulder strap for portability.
- Elegant handle for carrying
- Zipper pocket for storing accessories
This easy-to-carry knife roll bag includes 24 knife sleeves for holding knives and other chef tools. It is scratch- and puncture-resistant and forms a tight roll when wrapped. The quick and easy-storage knife holder can be used to store chef utensils and even knife sharpeners.
- Strong and safe buckles
- Resistance to cuts, scratches, and nicks
- Durable and convenient to hold
How To Choose The Right Knife Roll?
Here are some essential aspects to keep in mind while purchasing a knife roll.
- Material quality: The most commonly available knife rolls are leather, nylon, and plastic. Leather rolls are soft, supple, and durable compared to nylon and plastic rolls.
- Size: Choose a knife roll based on the size and number of appliances you use.
- Handle and shoulder straps: The knife rolls are frequently carried from home to the workplace, so consider rolls with detachable hand grips and shoulder straps for easy carrying.
Can You Dry Clean A Knife Roll?
Many knife bags are not appropriate for washing or dry cleaning. You can only use a soft brush and warm, damp cloth for cleaning them.
Why Trust MomJunction?
Sakshi John is a skilled product writer who extensively reviews kitchen essentials. Her articles are well-researched and contain quality products that meet the readers’ requirements. She has done extensive research and scoured numerous product websites to bring you this list of the best knife rolls for your kitchen. These knife rolls are made of high-quality material and are specially designed to hold various types of knives. Moreover, Sakshi has listed the features of each one and added a buying guide to help you choose the right one.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Are knife rolls good?
Knife rolls are an easy and simple way to store and organize your knife collection. Whether you are a professional chef or an amateur cooking enthusiast who travels a lot and loves to cook, a knife roll is an ideal choice to safely carry all your knives.
The way you store the knives in a knife roll depends on the slot design and size. Always place the knives horizontally in the grooves and make sure the blades are not touching to avoid damage to the knives.
3. How many knives does a knife roll hold?
The number of knives a knife roll can hold entirely depends on the size and design of the knife roll. Some knife rolls are spacious enough to hold other kitchen tools like peelers and scissors while some others are small in size and can hold only a few knives.
4.How long does a leather knife roll last?
Leather knife rolls are durable and long-lasting. However, the durability of each leather knife roll may vary based on the quality of leather used and the quality of construction.
Every chef and cooking enthusiast knows the importance of choosing high-quality knife rolls to maintain their knife collection. They protect your tools and prolong the knives’ lives by keeping the edges sharp. However, before choosing the right one for your kitchen, ensure you look at the knife roll’s material, size, and additional features such as detachable hand grips, flaps, and shoulder straps that make it portable and durable. It would also help if you learn how to clean your knife roll for long-lasting use.
Infographic: Why Should You Use A Knife Roll?
A knife roll is a pouch that can help you carry multiple knives simultaneously. The bag has multiple sections to keep the knives from falling or chipping even when you roll the bag. Read through the infographic to learn about the benefits of using a knife roll.