Every professional chef owns a set of knives and a knife roll. The perfect knife roll or bag guards the sharp knives and keeps their edges intact for a long time. They have separate, guarded compartments to protect each knife from wear and tear, by ensuring secure and safer storage and transportation.
This post will give you a list of the best knife rolls and buying tips to help you select the right one.
11 Best Knife Rolls
The knife roll bag includes a handle for a better grip and a removable shoulder strap for convenience. It can hold up to 15 tools and has ten slots for storing knives of up to 18-inch length. The tool roll bag is crafted from 600 denier cloth, thick polyester, and double-stitched seams.
- Tough and durable construction
- Two canvas cover flaps for additional protection
- Strong metal zippers and flexible straps offer better security
- Large pouch for carrying scissors, and four slots for tasting spoons
The tool roll is made of rough synthetic material with a rain guard for protection. It has 19 slots of different sizes for storing tools, and three tiny pockets with hook and loop closure.
- Dual-side release buckle closure
- Top haul handle for easy carrying
- Versatile enough to store small tools, gun tools, camp utensils, and painting supplies
- Reinforced triple-needle stitch
Stitched by world-class craftsman, the knife roll is handcrafted using premium buff calf leather. It features two vintage buckles that give it a tight roll. There are two elastic knife pockets and a strong zipper pouch for a secure hold.
- Holds ten knives of up to 18in length
- One-year manufacturer’s warranty
- Ten storage slots for larger knives, and four slots for medium knives
- Reinforced, stretchable zipper pouch
- Handle and detachable shoulder strap for ease of carrying
The knife roll bag can hold 11 knives in its sleeves. It is also useful for storing other equipment such as scissors, ceramic, carving tools, and utensils. The cut- and puncture-resistant knife roll will not damage the knives and lasts long. It is travel-friendly and can carry knives and other tools with ease.
- Suitable for knives of up to 18.8in long
- Quick-release secure buckles wrap
- Built from premium quality heavy-duty waxed canvas fabric
- Portable roll and travel-friendly
- Lightweight knife roll bag
The Qees Roll Bag is made of waxed canvas with zipper closure. It comes with four pockets to store and transport knives and other chef tools. The portable size tool roll bag is travel-friendly and easy to clean.
- Firm grip handle for convenience and easy carrying
- Puncture-resistant knife roll
- Lightweight and flexible
- Tough and waterproof
- Comes with a full-refund warranty
This convenient, lightweight chef knife roll bag is made of strong polyester canvas. Its reinforced double-stitching and heavy-duty zippers make it durable. It offers space for nine knives, a cleaver, honing rod, and any equipment of up to 17in long.
- Two zippered pockets for additional storage
- Special six slots for plating tools, spoons, and pens
- Adjustable shoulder strap
- Elastic straps hold tools in place
The knife roll bag can carry ten kitchen knives and other chef tools, including carving, scissors, and other utensils. It comes with a travel-friendly bag and features a convenient handle and a flexible shoulder strap.
- Synthetic leather build
- Accommodates up to 18-inch long knives
- Protects from scratches, cuts, or moisture
- Cut- and puncture-resistant
The Tojiro Japanese Knife Roll measures 17×10.25×0.5in and weighs 0.24kg. It is a simple bag that can accommodate a maximum blade length of 9.4-inch (240mm).
- Five slots for holding about five lightweight knives
- Flap covering the handles protect the knives from scratches
- Heavy-duty, thick canvas build
- Durable and easy to carry
The knife roll is built using 12OZ heavy-duty waxed canvas, resistant to punctures and scratches. It can hold knives of up to 16in (40cm) in length. The case rolls up with a canvas rope that holds the tools tight and secure.
- Six slots for storing six kitchen knives
- Travel-friendly storage bag
- Designed for professionals and home chefs
- Easy to clean by wiping off the marks using cold water
The six-slot chef knife bag is made of durable natural canvas and brown leather trim accents. It has six knife slots measuring 15.5-inch long, making it ideal for a seasoned chef and beginner culinary student.
- Waterproof bag, easy to clean
- Durable and stylish build
This easy-to-carry knife roll bag includes 24 knife sleeves for holding knives and other chef tools. It is scratch- and puncture-resistant and forms a tight roll when wrapped. The quick and easy-storage knife holder can be used to store chef utensils and even knife sharpeners.
- Strong and safe buckles
- Resistance to cuts, scratches, and nicks
- Durable and convenient to hold
How To Choose The Right Knife Roll?
Here are some essential aspects to keep in mind while purchasing a knife roll.
- Material quality: The most commonly available knife rolls are leather, nylon, and plastic. Leather rolls are soft, supple, and durable compared to nylon and plastic rolls.
- Size: Choose a knife roll based on the size and number of appliances you use.
- Handle and shoulder straps: The knife rolls are frequently carried from home to the workplace, so consider rolls with detachable hand grips and shoulder straps for easy carrying.
Can You Dry Clean A Knife Roll?
Many knife bags are not appropriate for washing or dry cleaning. You can only use a soft brush and warm, damp cloth for cleaning them.
A knife roll bag offers great convenience to chefs and culinary students. They come in multiple colors, diverse materials, and variable sizes. We hope this list of best knife rolls with their features can make your purchase easy.