A cleanser offers the dual benefits of cleansing and hydration. Regular usage of cleansers help remove dirt, dead skin cells, and excess oil from the skin. This helps reduce breakouts, fine lines, and wrinkles.
If you’re searching for a good cleanser and are worried about the harmful effects of the chemicals, Korean beauty products could help you. Most Korean cleansers are formulated from naturally derived substances that are gentle and safe on most skin types. Check out our list of the best Korean cleansers below.
Top Products From Our List
13 Best Korean Cleansers
The primary ingredient in Cosrx’s Korean gel cleanser is tea tree oil that helps cleanse your skin gently, without any stripping. Its lightweight composition is suitable for all skin types, making it ideal for day and night usage. To help maintain the skin’s acidic pH, this gel cleanser delivers a 5.5 pH level. It also contains 0.5% of betaine salicylate to smoothen the skin.
- Free of parabens, sulfates, and phthalates
- Might have a strong fragrance
- May not rinse-off easily
Dr. Song’s exfoliating Korean facial cleanser helps rejuvenate and clarify healthy skin with its gentle formula. It uses 10% glycolic acid to tighten and tone pores and removes dead skin cells. The formula helps rejuvenate the skin and is compatible with all skin types. By stimulating collagen synthesis, this Korean face wash helps reduces acne, whiteheads, and blackheads.
- Non-drying formula
- Helps reduce hyperpigmentation
- Balances the skin’s natural pH
- Paraben- and sulfate-free
- Nozzle may malfunction
- May be greasy
Made of natural ingredients, this Korean foam cleanser is mild on the skin. Formulated for acne-prone skin and dermatologist-tested, this facial cleanser uses snail mucin as the primary ingredient for revitalizing and easy cleansing. It refreshes the skin by effectively removing sebum and dead skin cells. The copper peptide in the snail’s mucin helps regenerate the skin, reduce wrinkles, and cleanse open pores.
- Gently exfoliates skin
- Helps reduce blackheads
- Plant extracts are soothing to the skin
- Might not be suitable for all skin types
Formulated with hyaluronic acid, this facial cleanser helps moisturize your skin while cleansing. It is gentle on the skin and helps remove dead skin build-up and impurities during each wash. Suitable for all skin types, the French seawater and ceramides blend lock in moisture, making it ideal for dry skin. You can rinse with lukewarm water for better results.
- Hydrating properties
- Doesn’t strip off moisture
- Korean aesthetic clinic approach
- Might feel sticky after application
- May have a strong fragrance
Etude House’s foam cleanser is formulated for sensitive skin. It has a low pH of 5.5 that helps regulate the skin’s pH, leaving the face well-nourished and moisturized. The creamy foam spreads well on the skin and gently exfoliates to clear dead skin cells. It doesn’t strip off the skin of its natural barrier and hydrates it towards rejuvenation. This non-comedogenic product also helps reduce breakouts and protects the skin from any damage by external factors.
- Helps strengthen skin
- Soothes irritated skin
- Works on dry and acne-prone skin
- May not rinse off well
The Papa Recipe cleanser uses micro-bubble technology to create a dense foam, which helps the product penetrate the skin well and assist in deeper cleansing. With ingredients such as honey, propolis, and royal jelly extracts, this Korean skincare product offers moisturizing and cleansing properties that help clarify the skin and also supplement it with vitamins and minerals for nourishment.
- Skin irritation-tested
- Has a calming effect
- Helps remove excess sebum
- Suitable for dry and sensitive skin
- Product might be too sticky
- May not wash-off easily
Providing the benefits of a cleanser and a makeup remover, this facial cleanser by Creme shop is ideal for morning and night usage. Enriched with the goodness of green tea, white lilies, and rice water, it helps nourish and rejuvenate the skin with its antioxidant properties. These natural ingredients also help unclog pores, reduce black spots while nourishing the skin.
- Anti-aging benefits
- Paraben-and cruelty-free
- Helps protect against sun damage
- Helps maintain even skin tone
- Maybe too dense
- Might not wash-off easily
With hyaluronic acid and green tea extract, Pyunkang Yul’s cleanser offers deep cleansing by gently exfoliating the skin. It is a vegan product made from natural ingredients. The low pH formula ensures the skin is moisturized and hydrated well. Its micro-foam helps trap the dirt on the skin and rinses it off effectively. This face cleanser helps remove any dust residue by deep cleaning the pores, giving you smooth and clear skin.
- Helps remove makeup
- Long-lasting moisturizing effect
- Helps soothe irritated skin
- Free of fragrance and harmful ingredients
- Might have a runny consistency
Enriched with red clay, papain, chamomile, and Rosmarinus extracts, this powder cleanser helps remove dead skin cells, offering lasting hydration to your skin. It helps remove sebum, cleanse pores without irritating, and activates its enzymes instantly in contact with water, providing effective deep cleaning. With complex amino acids, this formulation is gentle and suitable even for sensitive skin.
- Gentle peeling
- Helps protect the skin barrier
- Has a pH level similar to skin
- Might not produce enough foam
The Carenel’s Korean face wash has egg white that helps clear pores and tightens them, leaving you with smooth skin. Due to its gentle cleansing properties, the egg helps prevent stripping off natural oils, which are beneficial for healthy skin. Its rich formulation can remove dirt and makeup. With patented BSASM formula including seven botanical ingredients, the product helps calm irritated skin and is compatible with all skin types.
- Provides a lasting freshness
- Provides a firming effect
- Scrubs off dead skin cells smoothly
- Gives a dewy finish
- May have a strong fragrance
Oseque’s microbubble foam evenly spreads over the face for deeper cleaning. These microbubbles help remove makeup, sebum, and dead skin cells in one effective wash. It uses oxygen to rejuvenate your skin. The cleanser releases oxygen in contact with the skin for smooth and even cleaning. Its formulation includes capsulized vitamins E and C, which help reduce fine lines, wrinkles, and blackheads, leaving you with younger-looking skin.
- Regulates skin’s oil and water balance
- Gently exfoliates
- Suitable for all skin types
- Includes seven herbal extracts
- Not sulfate-free
Including the goodness of red Ginseng, hyaluronic acid, collagen, chlorella, and broccoli, this hand-crafted probiotic soap helps remove dirt and cleanses the pores, preserving and strengthening your skin. It is composed of many natural ingredients with probiotic water as a base, making it gentle on the skin. This Korean cleanser can be used as a hair shampoo bar as its primary ingredient is Ginseng.
- Helps smoothen skin
- Artificial fragrance-free
- Chemical-and cruelty-free
- Anti-aging properties
- Might irritate the skin
Easy to apply and mess-free, Etude Houses’ scrub has sodium bicarbonate for effective foam formation. It includes several moisturizing ingredients that hydrate your skin, while the baking powder gently exfoliates it. The menthol component helps cool your skin to tighten pores and brightens your skin.
- Removes excess oil
- Clears impurities
- Acts as a moisturizer and scrub
- Has a refreshing effect on the skin
- May not have a pleasant fragrance
How To Choose The Right Korean Cleanser?
Consider the following factors while buying a Korean cleanser:
- Functionality: Some products are helpful as a makeup remover, exfoliator, and moisturizer simultaneously. Choose such products that provide added benefits.
- Ingredients: Look for the active ingredients and their cleansing abilities. The product should have more natural ingredients as they tend to be gentle on the skin. Also, perform a patch test before using the product and check for allergies.
- pHlevel: A cleanser that balances with your skin pH helps rejuvenate and maintain healthy skin. The pH level of human skin ranges from 4.7 to 5.75,so choose a product with a similar pH level. Cleansers with alkaline pH can dehydrate the skin.
- Skin type: Few products are suitable for all skin types, while others are formulated specifically for a particular skin type. Know your skin type before you choose any skincare product, as it increases the product’s efficacy.
- Cleanser type: Foaming cleansers exfoliate the skin gently, while gel cleansers are more refreshing and hydrating. Oil cleansers are good for removing makeup, whereas light cream cleansers are ideal for dry skin due to their moisturizing properties.
Choosing the right cleanser is essential for your skin as it can help prevent acne and protect skin from environmental damage. Our list of the best Korean cleansers includes products suitable for all skin types. So find one that suits you the most and leap into a healthy skincare routine.